Performance Tip/Driver - Variable

Quote:Variable is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the Starter B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable on April 2, 2016.

==Description==
Variable features a rubber tip, made up of two sets of rubber spikes, that begins at standard height. The spikes are meant to wear down and break off with use so unlike most other rubber tips, Variable will become more aggressive instead of less aggressive over time.

When launched in mint condition the first set of six spikes will create a mildly aggressive pattern at speeds akin to Blow, albeit without the stamina due to the greater friction the rubber has. Due to how tall the first six teeth are and the somewhat brittle nature of the rubber in the Takara Tomy release, the first set of teeth will break off relatively quickly.

When launched after the first set of teeth have given way to the second set of fourteen spikes, Variable's speed increases remarkably, becoming as fast or even faster than Xtreme, due to the now increased surface area and diameter. However, that same speed and diameter increase makes Variable incredibly difficult to control at this stage as banking is difficult to maintain, self Knock-Outs become common and its stamina worsens.
Due to the greater number of spikes and their shorter length, Variable does not wear out as quickly at this stage.

When the second set of spikes break off, what's left is a solid base of rubber. At this point Variable's speed increases further but the aforementioned control and stamina issues become even worse, having trouble even staying on the Tornado Ridge of the Stadium and losing spin too quickly to perform any meaningful attacks when it begins to slow down.

When this tip loses teeth it does become shorter as a result, however the resulting height change is too minimal to cause any noticeable effect on attacks in battle and does not make up for the numerous issues a worn Variable has.

==Overall==
Despite being one of the fastest tips in the game, Variable's lack of control and stamina makes it outclassed by Xtreme; which is able to better maintain a banking pattern while holding comparable speed, Hold; which is better able to stay within the Tornado Ridge and avoid self Knock-Outs while holding comparable speed, and Accel; which has far more control and stamina. As such Variable should be for collection purposes only.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
In the Hasbro release of Variable, the rubber is of a much softer kind, this makes this version faster on the first six spikes, having a speed in between Accel and Zephyr, and makes it far harder to wear down. However that also means that when it does wear down to the second set of teeth the control problems will be even worse than the Takara Tomy version. Despite this, the Hasbro Variable is an excellent alternative to Xtreme if one is unable to obtain one or finds Xtreme too fast to control, thus Variable is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Hasbro's Variable can be put to use in the combination Valtryek V2/Roktavor Heavy/Gravity Variable. Valtryek V2/Roktavor's aggressive shape and strong slopes, Heavy/Gravity's weight and Variable's high speed and control allows the combination to excel in giving Knock-Outs and Burst Finishes.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (translucent light blue, black rubber)
  • Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Fire Knight Ver.)
  • B-38 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Beyblade Entry Set)
  • Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Green Ver.) (Green)
  • Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Tournament Prizes)
  • B-49 06 Storm Spriggan Limited Variable (Random Booster Vol. 3)
  • B-49 08 Kaiser Kerbeus Knuckle Variable (Random Booster Vol. 3)
  • Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Television Quiz Exclusive) (clear, black rubber)
  • Zillion Zeus Magnum Variable (Gold God Ver.) (gold, black rubber)
==Hasbro==
  • B9487 Valtryek V2 Boost Variable (opaque blue, black rubber)
  • B9498 Epic Rivals Battle Set - Valtryek V2 Boost Variable (opaque blue, black rubber)

I really quite like the Hasbro Variable, though I am a bit iffy on whether it's necessary for competitive use or just a welcome addition.

What about you guys?

Edit: Changed the Overall section from must have to welcome addition based on the combos of the Hasbro Only format
Fully worn out Variable is the fastest Driver in the game and the green Version is called the Kirin Version I beleive. Overall an excellent draft. Please make more. Smile
(Jun. 10, 2017  10:18 PM)TL14 Wrote: Fully worn out Variable is the fastest Driver in the game and the green Version is called the Kirin Version I beleive. Overall an excellent draft. Please make more. Smile

Kirin version refers to the Green Victory Valkyrie Layer
(Jun. 11, 2017  12:56 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  10:18 PM)TL14 Wrote: Fully worn out Variable is the fastest Driver in the game and the green Version is called the Kirin Version I beleive. Overall an excellent draft. Please make more. Smile

Kirin version refers to the Green Victory Valkyrie Layer

The whole V2 is called Kirin ver. The green one is referred by that name. It was a whole beyblade.
A worn Variable isn't the fastest driver. Hold can speed up fast enough to get out of the tornado ridge, hit the wall, bounce back and hit the bey in the center, then speed up to stay on the tornado ridge again before gradually retreating to the center, unlike Variable, which can only stay on the tornado ridge and occasionally hit the wall and bounce back in, and it'll just stay in an orbit without speeding up again. This also means it's not as outclassed as one might think, as it could be a potential counter for beys with good evasion.
(Jun. 11, 2017  2:51 AM)Bastillon Wrote: A worn Variable isn't the fastest driver. Hold can speed up fast enough to get out of the tornado ridge, hit the wall, bounce back and hit the bey in the center, then speed up to stay on the tornado ridge again before gradually retreating to the center, unlike Variable, which can only stay on the tornado ridge and occasionally hit the wall and bounce back in, and it'll just stay in an orbit without speeding up again. This also means it's not as outclassed as one might think, as it could be a potential counter for beys with good evasion.

I disagree,  it's the fact that it stays around the tornado ridge that makes it the fastest. Hold can speed uo again because it slows down when it bounces to the center while Variable just goes right through and hits the wall in front of it. After losing some stamina Variable does perform a sort of flower pattern and it can catch the enemy even right after it has been hit, leading to some muilti-hit combos.
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:36 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  2:51 AM)Bastillon Wrote: A worn Variable isn't the fastest driver. Hold can speed up fast enough to get out of the tornado ridge, hit the wall, bounce back and hit the bey in the center, then speed up to stay on the tornado ridge again before gradually retreating to the center, unlike Variable, which can only stay on the tornado ridge and occasionally hit the wall and bounce back in, and it'll just stay in an orbit without speeding up again. This also means it's not as outclassed as one might think, as it could be a potential counter for beys with good evasion.

I disagree,  it's the fact that it stays around the tornado ridge that makes it the fastest. Hold can speed uo again because it slows down when it bounces to the center while Variable just goes right through and hits the wall in front of it. After losing some stamina Variable does perform a sort of flower pattern and it can catch the enemy even right after it has been hit, leading to some muilti-hit combos.
As you've said, Variable performs a flower-esque pattern. Thus, it cannot stay on the tornado ridge after the initial impact most of the time. Hold, on the other hand, can stay on the tornado ridge and occasionally perform a second rebound.
Variable's behavior after hitting the wall and bouncing back to the center of the stadium has nothing to do with its speed... the reason Hold is able to resume stalling and moving aggressively after bouncing off the wall is because it is made of plastic and does not lose Stamina (and therefore, speed) as quickly as Variable does.

That being said however, I haven't fully worn in my Variable yet so I don't know which one is actually faster.
I own a Hold driver and a fully worn Variable Driver with the first and second layer of teeth all gone so it's just a big flat piece of rubber and it is faster than Hold.
(Jun. 11, 2017  9:04 PM)TL14 Wrote: I own a Hold driver and a fully worn Variable Driver with the first and second layer of teeth all gone so it's just a big flat piece of rubber and it is faster than Hold.

How loose is the Hold?
(Jun. 11, 2017  9:05 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  9:04 PM)TL14 Wrote: I own a Hold driver and a fully worn Variable Driver with the first and second layer of teeth all gone so it's just a big flat piece of rubber and it is faster than Hold.

How loose is the Hold?

It's not very loose. I would say it's very average.
(Jun. 11, 2017  5:15 AM)Wombat Wrote: Variable's behavior after hitting the wall and bouncing back to the center of the stadium has nothing to do with its speed... the reason Hold is able to resume stalling and moving aggressively after bouncing off the wall is because it is made of plastic and does not lose Stamina (and therefore, speed) as quickly as Variable does.
Then I take it as "faster initial speed" but "not sustainable like Hold"?
Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation
(Jun. 17, 2017  7:53 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation

I think it should. This is a really interesting discussion. Beyblade Wiki/Wikia doesn't ALOT of information on the rest of the Beyblade Burst Beyblades. Spryzen S2, for example, the parts "Knuckle" and "Unite" are lacking information so yeah xD
(May. 02, 2017  3:02 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
Quote:Variable is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the Starter B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable on April 2, 2016.

==Description==
Variable features a rubber tip, made up of two sets of rubber spikes, that begins at standard height. The spikes are meant to wear down and break off with use so unlike most other rubber tips, Variable will become more aggressive instead of less aggressive over time.

When launched in mint condition the first set of six spikes will create a mildly aggressive pattern at speeds akin to Blow, albeit without the stamina due to the greater friction the rubber has. Due to how tall the first six teeth are and the somewhat brittle nature of the rubber in the Takara Tomy release, the first set of teeth will break off relatively quickly.

When launched after the first set of teeth have given way to the second set of fourteen spikes, Variable's speed increases remarkably, becoming as fast or even faster than Xtreme, due to the now increased surface area and diameter. However, that same speed and diameter increase makes Variable incredibly difficult to control at this stage as banking is difficult to maintain, self Knock-Outs become common and its stamina worsens.
Due to the greater number of spikes and their shorter length, Variable does not wear out as quickly at this stage.

When the second set of spikes break off, what's left is a solid base of rubber. At this point Variable's speed increases further but the aforementioned control and stamina issues become even worse, having trouble even staying on the Tornado Ridge of the Stadium and losing spin too quickly to perform any meaningful attacks when it begins to slow down.

When this tip loses teeth it does become shorter as a result, however the resulting height change is too minimal to cause any noticeable effect on attacks in battle,it can help in getting under the opponent and destabilizing it in some occasions but it is rare and does not make up for the numerous issues a worn Variable has.
However,despite being outclassed a worn Variable could be used for attack customization due to its fast speed and ability to get under the opponent due to its height.
==Use in Attack customization==
A worn Variable could be used in Attack Customization MGC Legend Spriggan/Sieg Xcalibur 2/4/5/7 Meteor/Vortex/Glaive/Cross/Flow/Star Variable.Although,Variable is outclassed by Extreme for Attack Customizations,its faster speed could be beneficial in some situations.

==Overall==
Despite being one of the fastest tips in the game, Variable's lack of control and stamina makes it outclassed by Xtreme; which is able to better maintain a banking pattern while holding comparable speed, Hold; which is better able to stay within the Tornado Ridge and avoid self Knock-Outs while holding comparable speed, and Zephyr; which has far more control and stamina. As such Variable should be for collection purposes only.

In the Hasbro release of Variable, the rubber is of a much softer kind, this makes this version faster on the first six spikes, having a speed in between Accel and Zephyr, and makes it far harder to wear down. However that also means that when it does wear down to the second set of teeth the control problems will be even worse than the Takara Tomy version. Despite this, the Hasbro Variable is an excellent alternative to Xtreme if one is unable to obtain one or finds Xtreme too fast to control, thus Variable is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

Hasbro's Variable can be put to use in the combination Valtryek V2/Roktavor /Roktavor R2/Valtryek/Xcalius/Spryzen S2 Heavy/Gravity/Down/Knuckle Variable. Valtryek V2/Roktavor/Xcalius/Roktavor R2/Vatryek/Spryzen S2's aggressive shape and strong slopes and Variable's high speed and control allows the combination to excel in giving Knock-Outs and Burst Finishes.Although using Gravity/Heavy provides more powerful hits and more control,using lighter disks like Knuckle/Down decrease chances of self-bursting.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Television Quiz Exclusive) (clear, black rubber)
==Hasbro==
  • B9498 Epic Rivals Battle Set - Valtryek V2 Boost Variable (opaque blue, black rubber)

Made some edits
Draft looks excellent. Though just mentioning my experince. I found when it's used with S2 (TT) it was low enough to get under other beys and hit disk (awaken state).
I find this to be really efficient. Gave me a G4 tourney win(all the way to finals)
(Sep. 29, 2017  12:09 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Draft looks excellent. Though just mentioning my experince.  I found when it's used with S2 (TT) it was low enough to get under other beys and hit disk (awaken state).
I edited and added that part in the draft
(May. 02, 2017  3:02 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Variable is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the Starter B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable on April 2, 2016.

==Description==

When launched after the first set of teeth have given way to the second set of fourteen spikes, Variable's speed increases remarkably, becoming as fast or even faster than Xtreme, due to the now increased surface area and diameter. However, that same speed and diameter increase makes Variable incredibly difficult to control at this stage as banking is difficult to maintain, self Knock-Outs become common and its stamina worsens. Due to the greater number of spikes and their shorter length, Variable does not wear out as quickly at this stage.

When this tip loses teeth it does become shorter as a result, however the resulting height change is too minimal to cause any noticeable effect on attacks in battle due to the thickness of many Attack Type Layers and does not make up for the numerous issues a worn Variable has.

Variable can be put to use in the Attack Combination Legend Spriggan/Sieg Xcalibur 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor/Vortex Variable (Worn). The high speed of Variable increases the Burst Attack potential of the Legend Spriggan/Sieg Xcalibur Layer's recoil the the 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor/Vortex Disc and Frame's weight. However, this combination is hard to control due to the worn Variable's speed and wide diameter.

==Overall==
Despite being one of the fastest tips in the game, Variable's lack of control and stamina makes it outclassed by Xtreme; which is able to better maintain a banking pattern while holding comparable speed, Hold; which is better able to stay within the Tornado Ridge and avoid self Knock-Outs while holding comparable speed, and Accel; which has far more control and stamina. While the high speed can make it useful with Layers such as Legend Spriggan, especially if one does not have great launch strength, Variable is still recommended for collection purposes only.

In the Hasbro release of Variable, the rubber is of a much softer kind, this makes this version faster on the first six spikes, having a speed in between Accel and Zephyr, and makes it far harder to wear down. However that also means that when it does wear down to the second set of teeth the control problems will be even worse than the Takara Tomy version. Despite the softer rubber however, an unworn Variable settles to the center far too quickly for effective Attack Combinations. This along with the aforementioned control loss from wear means that Hasbro's Variable is also recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
My Variable performance tip on Hasbro is like rubber been given insanely indestructible properties. Well, knowing MonoDragon’s final post on this, I’m sure to know that 300 launches with Valtryek V2 Boost Variable is definitely not enough to make the 1st set of 6 teeth come off, even with Valtryek V2 + Boost’s silent and subtle downforce difference. Knowing Hasbro, they must have done some incredible research to make any rubber performance tip last forever. With my Variable performance tip, it’s legitimately decreasing the height of the 1st set of 6 teeth instead of making them weaker and ready to come off any moment. Doing this, if any bey with variable ends up tilting a little, it will make the 2nd layer of 14 spikes touch the stadium for a random burst of speed. This is gonna be a whacky wearing down montage as having to deal with both layers of spikes at the same time will make variable wear down the slowest ever than any other variable. Well, no matter, I’m still not gonna illegally wear down my bey by rubbing it against something and I will instead just keep launching until it hits solid bottom base.

Also, add that Hasbro will end up throwing in a Spryzen S2 Limited Variable in the gig as a yellowish colour with black rubber as always. (Wish they figured out how to change the colour of the rubber and not change its performance)
My variable has completely worn down and I am able to control it much better than my extreme driver its able to perform a proper flower pattern although the stamina is really bad the speed and hence the attack power is very very high. Definitely one of the best attack drivers out there.
I thought hasbros variable was good fpr attack when worn
What's variable's diameter when it is worned?