Performance Tip/Driver - Massive

Quote:Massive is a Performance Tip featured in the Burst System. It debuted with the release the B-14 Starter Wyvern Armed Massive on September 19th, 2015.

==Description==
Massive features a ball shaped tip that sits at the standard height, akin to Defense, but differs by having a larger diameter, having three tabs instead of four and lacking the defensive ring. In theory, the wider tip would increase a Beyblade's defense by having greater surface area and friction, however in practice, Massive lags behind Defense in almost every aspect.

Like other ball based defensive Performance Tips, the tabs around Massive are meant to act as brakes against Knock-Outs at the cost of stamina by striking against the stadium floor, however, the larger diameter makes such contact rare, giving Massive weaker Knock-Out resistance than Defense.

The greater surface area of the larger ball creates a semi-aggressive movement pattern early in the battle, bringing a Beyblade closer to the Tornado Ridge. Due to the aforementioned weaker Knock-Out resistance, any Beyblade using this tip will become very easy to Knock-Out.

While Massive lacks the scrape risk the ring around Defense posed, it does little to compensate for the fact that Massive's greater surface area and friction gives it weaker stamina than Defense.

==Overall==
While similar to Metal Fight Beyblade's Wide Ball, Massive ultimately lags behind Defense in every category, having weaker stamina and weaker Knock-Out resistance. Thus this Performance Tip is suited for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-14 Wyvern Armed Massive (translucent turquoise)
  • B-22 Ragnaruk Central Massive (Beyblade Reshuffle Set Defense & Stamina) (translucent black)
  • B-24 03 Deathscyther Spread Massive (Random Booster Vol. 2) (translucent neon green)
  • Corocoro Limited Driver (gold)
==Hasbro==
  • B____ Wyvron Armed Massive (opaque light blue)
  • B____ Wyvron W2 Vertical Massive (opaque orange)
  • B____ Wyvron W2 Vertical Massive (opaque yellow)
  • B____ Wyvron W2 & Odax O2 Dual Pack (opaque black)
Bump, I think this is ready to publish but I need official confirmation
draft is good but if it gets published the hasbro ver will be left out.
(Jun. 11, 2017  10:55 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: draft is good but if it gets published the hasbro ver will be left out.

Pretty sure the Hasbro version is like near completely identical.
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:37 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  10:55 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: draft is good but if it gets published the hasbro ver will be left out.

Pretty sure the Hasbro version is like near completely identical.

yea but maybe it might have use in hasbro only format as an alternative to defense and survive.
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:49 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:37 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Pretty sure the Hasbro version is like near completely identical.

yea but maybe it might have use in hasbro only format as an alternative to defense and survive.

Have fun being KO'd instantly then. Massive runs in the prime spot to be KO'd, and the tabs don't really work, so Massive isn't really a good substitute for anything. Defense, Revolve, and Survive are the only good stationary drivers in Hasbro format.
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:57 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:49 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: yea but maybe it might have use in hasbro only format as an alternative to defense and survive.

Have fun being KO'd instantly then. Massive runs in the prime spot to be KO'd, and the tabs don't really work, so Massive isn't really a good substitute for anything. Defense, Revolve, and Survive are the only good stationary drivers in Hasbro format.

well using revolve is like being asking to get bursted due to its weak spring. i can agree with u now hasbro massive(since i dont own it and cant test it) is bad and not competitive butit still need a section in this draft.
Takara Tomy and Hasbro Drivers are identical and the "weak spring" thing seems to just be a rumor with no actual basis.
(Jun. 11, 2017  2:27 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Takara Tomy and Hasbro Drivers are identical and the "weak spring" thing seems to just be a rumor with no actual basis.

just mention that TT and hasbro ver of this driver both perform identically and arent competitive. rest looks good to me.
(Jun. 11, 2017  2:27 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Takara Tomy and Hasbro Drivers are identical and the "weak spring" thing seems to just be a rumor with no actual basis.

Yes actually. It's due to teeths on driver and slopes on Layers.

Maybe spring may push teeths harder on slopes, increasing friction but IDK as I don't have em.

BTW MD thanks for so many awesome-D2-tier draft. Nice to see Beyblade Future is safe now ;)
Massive(TT) ver weighs  5.34 grams i saw its weight in the other massive draft
Sorry for drudging up a fairly ancient topic, but...I read in a different topic that there are mold variation issues among Hasbro Energy Layers & Performance Tips. I've noticed that Hasbro's Massive has gotten the short end of the stick outright; I have two copies of it (the original light blue one from Wyvron Armed Massive and the yellow one from the Wild Wyvron (Wyvron W2) Vertical Massive recolor (sparkly green Energy Layer). Not only do the Wyvron & Wild Wyvron Layers NOT fit properly on either Massive (they're kinda loose on both of them; they fit other Drivers just fine), NONE of my other Hasbro version Layers fit properly on either Massive...they are all a bit loose fitting, and thus they tend to Burst pretty easily no matter what setup is used. Not sure why Massive is the only one of the Hasbro version Performance Tips I know of where Energy Layers fit loosely...
(Dec. 22, 2017  9:29 AM)BlackConvoyX Wrote: Sorry for drudging up a fairly ancient topic, but...I read in a different topic that there are mold variation issues among Hasbro Energy Layers & Performance Tips. I've noticed that Hasbro's Massive has gotten the short end of the stick outright; I have two copies of it (the original light blue one from Wyvron Armed Massive and the yellow one from the Wild Wyvron (Wyvron W2) Vertical Massive recolor (sparkly green Energy Layer). Not only do the Wyvron & Wild Wyvron Layers NOT fit properly on either Massive (they're kinda loose on both of them; they fit other Drivers just fine), NONE of my other Hasbro version Layers fit properly on either Massive...they are all a bit loose fitting, and thus they tend to Burst pretty easily no matter what setup is used. Not sure why Massive is the only one of the Hasbro version Performance Tips I know of where Energy Layers fit loosely...

Mold variation is a big part of Hasbro strategy. Depends on the mold one persons tightest combo could be your loosest. The parts that benefit the most so far are Xscalius and needle where with the right molds and heavy it is almost unburstable.

On the other side, dark doomscisor is harmed by this variation going from loose to almost instaburst.
(Dec. 22, 2017  5:18 PM)MWF Wrote: Mold variation is a big part of Hasbro strategy. Depends on the mold one persons tightest combo could be your loosest. The parts that benefit the most so far are Xscalius and needle where with the right molds and heavy it is almost unburstable.

On the other side, dark doomscisor is harmed by this variation going from loose to almost instaburst.

Ouch. And I have yet to encounter a Massive that fits properly...and (after two attempts so far) I doubt that there even IS a Hasbro Massive that fits properly.