Pegasis Pegasis R145RF

Poll: Does the Pegasis ChromeWheel show top-tier potential in attack?

YES!!
42.59%
Probably, yah! Looks pretty good.
20.37%
Hard to say... maybe, but we need more testing.
16.67%
Eh... sorta decent, but not quite up to the standard.
16.67%
Lord no! :\
3.70%
Total: 100% 54 vote(s)
This combo seems quite interesting. I never thought Pegasis^2 would be any good, but it looks okay. Could you try this against MSF-L Genbull Dragooon F230 CF, since it is a popular combo? Hopefully more people will be able to test this because it just seems interesting (as in I'm not sure how my mind would rate this).
He already tested it. Pegasis got 80%. This seems great judging by the tests.
Nothing against theblackdragon's results, but we really need more people doing corroborating tests before we can make a good judgement on this combo, much less talk about it being top-tier. Technically the same is true for Balro, in that we did put it on the tier list somewhat hastily without ample corroborating test results... If more people show this is up to snuff then we can definitely call it competitive, but we shouldn't until then (and since I mentioned it, we really should necro the old Balro Balro thread and get some test results for that too).

EDIT: lol spelling
Yeah seeing as I've only heard bad/mediocre things about Pegasis Pegasis, I would definitely need to see some users I trust post results with this...

On Balro Balro, if that's the case and there aren't corroborating results in the next few days I'm going to request it be removed from the list until there are.
Sorry for the slightly off-topic, but I did post some tests in the Balro Balro CH120 R2F thread, and had excellent results.
I said do more tests with other people to, but I just said make it top-tier because, no one was testing.

I think it would be better if at least, 5 people tests this combo.

Thanks ShinobuX.D, for the tests.
Yes, putting something on the tier list without confirmed test results is absolutely absurd, LOL...

Speaking of which, why is MSF-L Girago Girago BD145RF on the list already? It still needs confirmation.

But yah, Both Bazooka and ShinobuXD posted testing in the Balro thread, so it's been confirmed.

@Ingulit/th!nk: Where are you guys getting all this info on Pegasis Pegasis? These are the only formal test results ever posted on the Synchrom, aren't they? Confused

EDIT: @Everyone (save Ingulit, ShinobuXD and Th!nk) Could we steer more towards testing and discussion on the actual combo here? Like, not posting just to say you like it or don't like or want to see more testing or anything? That's what the poll is for, LOL. XD

The discussion already has like 60 replies, and we haven't even gotten to testing yet. Tongue_out
So... I wasn't sure exactly what I was meant to be testing, but here -
Pegasis Pegasis R145RF vs Duo Aquario BD145RB
Aquario was launched first
Pegasis: wins, 10/20 (8 KO, 2 OS)
Aquario: wins, 10/20 (All OS)
Pegasis Pegasis R145RF win rate: 50%
Duo Aquario BD145RB win rate: 50%

So I've got mostly the same kind of results.
IMO, I'd like to see just a bit more people test this, video proof would be nice. TBD is your Pegasis Pegasis mint before you tested?

EDIT: Nice test results. What did you use for testing?
(Oct. 11, 2013  11:14 PM)jacolal Wrote: So... I wasn't sure exactly what I was meant to be testing, but here -
Pegasis: wins, 10/20 (6 KO, 2 OS)

That's great! Thank you so much... do you think you could test some against Reviser?

EDIT: Galaxy Blade: No, they were both used. Although the only thing worn off were little teeny tiny ridges, and it performs no different than it did when the chrome wheels were mint.
If my dad comes back like right now, I'm gonna order Pegasis so I can see how awesome it is... I have both Duo and Reviser*2 so I can test in a few days if all goes according to plan.
(Oct. 11, 2013  11:16 PM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2013  11:14 PM)jacolal Wrote: So... I wasn't sure exactly what I was meant to be testing, but here -
Pegasis: wins, 10/20 (6 KO, 2 OS)

That's great! Thank you so much... do you think you could test some against Reviser?
Well I may be avle to do them tomorrow as it is a Saturday... Sorry... If I can... Ill post the results or tell you. I probably will be able to.
The information Ingulit and I based our posts on comes from a few people who tried it out shortly after release and deemed it not even worth doing full testing on (especially with Bahamdia being somewhat more promising as I recall it), and people who have tried it more recently and found the same.
Really? Confused

This thing is totally great... maybe there's some manufacturing defect in one of my parts. :\

Is Kainhighwind the only person who tried it out? Or were there other users who tested it too?
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Pegasis-...Discussion

EDIT: After reading the thread linked above fully, I realized this should be posted:

(Feb. 05, 2013  11:18 PM)Blitz Wrote: While I was on a roll with Girago attack testing I thought I'd give Pegasis^2 ago.

Attack Stadium.
Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher L/R for both.
Slightly worn RDF, Calm-ish, shot at about 70-80%.
Mint R2F, sliding shot at 100%.
Dragooon combo shot first.

Pegasis^2 CH120R2F VS MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF

Pegasis^2 CH120R2F: 6 Wins (All KO's)
MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF: 14 Wins (12 by OS, 2 KO's)

Sure, different track and bottom set up, but still notable.
(Oct. 12, 2013  12:53 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Pegasis-...Discussion

No one tested Pegasis Pegasis in that thread. :\ Just Pegasis with other chrome wheels, which honestly isn't that great at all.

I honestly don't know what's going on, if it's really that bad from other user's testing... it's running everything over like an 18-wheeler truck right in front of me.

Perhaps it was the track and bottom? Or an MSF-H? I found this combo a bit unimpressive with an MSF on R2F, especially using some track other than R145.
Well looking at these posts IMO, I don't think it's that good then. I would only suggest it if a Blader only had it, but I think maybe this could go as a side-tier list.
@*Ginga*: WHAAT??? There were tests an nobody told me?! XD Thank you so much for posting that... it'll make the problem so much easier to resolve.

Anyway,

You're right, we do seem to be conflicting. :\ This is strange... I'm getting crazy results over here, but this is Blitz we're talking about.

Anyone else able to do some testing? Confused We need to figure out what's going on before we can decide whether or not this is anything to look into more.
(Oct. 12, 2013  2:03 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: @*Ginga*: WHAAT??? There were tests an nobody told me?! XD Thank you so much for posting that... it'll make the problem so much easier to resolve.

Anyway,

You're right, we do seem to be conflicting. :\ This is strange... I'm getting crazy results over here, but this is Blitz we're talking about.

Anyone else able to do some testing? Confused We need to figure out what's going on before we can decide whether or not this is anything to look into more.
Well that depends theblackdragon... What would you like tests on... As in any specific combos?
Your RF's are so good... XD
Testing against Reviser BD145 defense. That's all we need right now... multiple tests from multiple users would be nice.
Okay, as a repeat test, don't know why, but here - and if you need me to do a revizer combo against this, now's a good time because my friend's here with his parts.

What you've shown:
Quote:Pegasis Pegasis CH120R2F vs. Revizer Revizer BD145RDF
Revizer launched first on all launches. Prime R2F, slightly worn RDF.
Pegasis: wins, 6/10 (All KO)
Revizer: wins, 4/10 (All OS)
Pegasis Pegasis CH120R2F win rate: 60%

What I've got:

Quote:Pegasis Pegasis CH120R2F vs. Revizer Revizer BD145RDF
Revizer was always launched first
Pegasis: wins, 11/20 (10 KO)
Revizer: wins, 9/20 (All OS)
Pegasis Pegasis CH120R2F win rate: 55%

Pegasis won the 11th because Revizer bounced out of the stadium(bad launch).

Hope this helps.

EDIT: My friend will leave in around 15-20 minutes.

EDIT 2:
(Oct. 12, 2013  3:46 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: OK, let me specify. XD I wasn't very clear...

Pegasis Pegasis R145RF vs. Reviser Reviser BD145RDF (mention the condition of the parts it you can)

If you don't have RDF, RB would be fine. Smile

My friend launched Revizer for the one you've just requested. I apologise for any launching mistakes, eg. low power, etc from both him, and me.

Quote:Pegasis Pegasis R145RF vs. Revizer Revizer BD145RDF
Revizer launched first on all launches. Both tips have been used for around a week... no more.
Pegasis: wins, 6/10 (All KO)
Revizer: wins, 4/20 (All OS)
Pegasis Pegasis R145RF win rate: 60%
Revizer Revizer BD145RDF win rate: 40%
OK, let me specify. XD I wasn't very clear...

Pegasis Pegasis R145RF vs. Reviser Reviser BD145RDF (mention the condition of the parts it you can)

If you don't have RDF, RB would be fine. Smile

EDIT: Wow! awesome results. Grin They seem about the same to mine, even with a used RF! That's great...

Actually, if you use each of our results with Pegasis CH120R2F as a benchmark, then:

60\100= 0.6
65/0.6= 108

So, for me, Pegasis Pegasis R145RF pulled results 8% greater than CH120R2F

55/100= 0.55
60\0.55= 109

And for you, R145RF did 9% better than CH120R2F.

Therefore, you're results were actually 1% better over Pegasis CH120R2F than mine. Wink Therefore, statistically speaking, if we remove the variables, the combo actually did better in your tests than in mine.
I would suggest MSF-H Pegasis x2 S130R2F as it had a lot of success for me but unfortunately I wasn't able to test it as my stadium broke.
Well, while I had a few min I logged in to update myself a little bit. theblackdragon messaged me asking my thoughts on Pegasis Pegasis so I figured I would answer here for everyone.

First off, just to clear the record, I never personally tested Pegasis x2. That and Balro are the only Chrome wheels I did not have 2 of. Any discussions I had with other members about it, was based off conversations that Blitz and I had. He ranked it as mediocre and definitely said that it could not touch Wyvang. Blitz did not have benchmarks with those tests posted above. However, he did post benchmarks in the Girago discussion, which he stated that he did shortly before the Pegasis Pegasis tests, and it did slightly worse than Flash. Point is, I cannot give an accurate judgment on the performance of Pegasis x2, but I do trust and highly respect Blitz's testing and observations.

With that said, I am confused by your testing video. You state at the end that the win count was 7-3. I watched the video 5 or more times and could only ever see that Pegasis won 6 times. And one of those wins was questionably a DKO, but that would be for someone with judging experience to decide. If that is deemed a DKO then the win count would be 5-3-1 which reduces the win ratio to around 62% (not counting the tie, since ties are supposed to be redone), which is closer to the expectations me and other members (including a few that have tested it) had of Pegasis x2.