Pegasis (Chrome Wheel) Discussion

About time I tested this ...

Pegasis is not really good, tbh. It has little smash, and a lot of other Chrome Wheels seem to block up its contact points. I only have one, so I cannot test it Synchrom'ed by itself.

It really only has use in attacks, since the 'wings' protrude outwards, and is quite useless in Defense. Stamina-wise, unsure, but can be tested (upon request).

Requests are welcome (will be done within 4 days; depending on when you post it).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-

Equipment:
- BeyLauncher LR
- Launcher Rubber
- MFB Attack Stadium
- Standard Procedure

Tests:

Kain's tests:

Its great in my opinion but with bahamudia it really does not work well in my experience got to do some great training with
Can you try MSF Bahamadia Pegasis R145R2F vs MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS?
(Dec. 16, 2012  10:12 AM)Blader Phantom Wrote: Can you try MSF Bahamadia Pegasis R145R2F vs MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS?

Check the OP.
Cannon can you try Begirados Pegasis? Thanks
Ugh, C'mon Pegasis -.-

I honestly think that Pegasis 2 would be fine, since it might enforce it's contact points better. But well, I can only ask that now, cause you can't test it. Smile Thanks for testing Cannon!
I surely wish that someone has 2 Pegasis. If anyone does can you test the combo MSF Pegasis x2 S130R2F vs MF-H Duo_____BD145 CS/ RDF/RB ?
Thank you for the testing Cannon! Could you please test Pegasis Dragooon ___ R2F? (not sure which track will fit best) I want to see how Pegasis performs in left spin. Thanks in advance!
It doesn't seem to be doing well because it performs best on the bottom of a right spin combo.

MSF-Pegasis Gryph W145RF vs. MSF-H-Saramanda Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Pegasis: 8 (0 OS, KO)
Reviser: 12 (11 OS, 1 KO)
Pegasis Win %: 40.0%

I cannot even begin to tell you how many wall saves Reviser had. I know with a better track and less wall saves this could hit 70% easy.
(Dec. 16, 2012  5:23 PM)BladerPegasis Wrote: Thank you for the testing Cannon! Could you please test Pegasis Dragooon ___ R2F? (not sure which track will fit best) I want to see how Pegasis performs in left spin. Thanks in advance!

S130 would be great
How are you testing Pegasus for Force Smash when you put Bahamdia on the bottom? Bahamdia is basically doing all the work....
Oh whoops, it should be the other way around. Those tests are for Pegasis Bahamdia.

* I'll edit it later, since I'm on my phone.
If you can, experiment with what Kain said about Pegasis, and see how it performs.
Pegasis Dragooon attack setup?
I'll go into a little more detail about this tomorrow when I'm back at a computer but I figured I would go ahead and post the tests.

Pegasis Dragooon S130LRF vs. MSF-H-Saramanda Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Pegasis: 11 (0 OS, 11 KO)
Reviser: 9 (9 OS, 0 KO)
Pegasis Win %: 55.0%

Edit: Meow! and I discussed this concept not long ago, but when we discussed it Pegasis was not out yet and we were talking about Begirados Dragooon. I knew that Begirados Dragooon had some kind of potential, but I could not quite put my finger on it. Knowing that Meow! is very experienced in attack types I mentioned it to him. He found the thing I was missing, and that was the launch. You have to launch it similar to how you launch Killerken Dragooon where you make a wider sweeping pattern. Killerken Dragooon used this launch so that it could get the most out of its "pushing" technique. Begirados Dragooon has the "push" while still retaining Begriados's smash. So what happens is the combo pushes the opponent close to the edge and more often then not, Begirados will smash it the rest of the way out. This combo cannot win by spin stealling/equalizing, cause it has horrible balance. So the most important thing when using it is you cannot view this combo as a spin stealer/equalizer, you have to treat it like a pure attack type.

This all brings me to Pegasis Dragooon. It performs the same way as Begirados Dragooon except, IMO, has more opportunity to smash the opponent out. Begriados has very blunt contact points which means sometimes it will just brush off the opponent (i.e. sometimes forces you into a tornado stall) instead of smash, especially with a launch that delivers a wider sweeping pattern. Pegasis has a few more defined contact points which naturally provides it with more opportunities to smash, and doesn't get brushed off by the opponent as much. With Pegasis Dragooon you can actually launch with a deep bank/sliding shot and still get decent results, but it performs best if you launch with a little less bank so that it sweeps out wider like you would Killerken Dragooon. I have by no means mastered this launch yet so I am sure Pegasis Dragooon can get better win %.
Hmm... Do you believe that Pegasis can work in either spin direction on the bottom Kain? Since you've mentioned that it works in right spin and you got those with left, I would think that it would work in both.
How about trying MSF Pegasis Gryph S130RF vs Reviser x2 BD145RDF instead ?
Kain_Highwind Wrote:I'll go into a little more detail about this tomorrow when I'm back at a computer but I figured I would go ahead and post the tests.

I have updated my previous post with the details.

(Dec. 17, 2012  4:26 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Hmm... Do you believe that Pegasis can work in either spin direction on the bottom Kain? Since you've mentioned that it works in right spin and you got those with left, I would think that it would work in both.

When Pegasis is on the bottom of a right spin combo, its small wings can grab hold of the opponent a lot better. Imagine Blitz in left spin, but to a much lesser degree. When it is on the bottom of a left spin it uses the same style of contact as if it is on the top of a right spin Synchrom. There is a reason other than pure smash that this works so well on the bottom of left spin. Which I explained in my update to my previous post.

Blader Phantom Wrote:How about trying MSF Pegasis Gryph S130RF vs Reviser x2 BD145RDF instead ?

If I had a second Reviser I would have done that. However, there is a good chance Pegasis Gryph would have better results against Reviser Reviser than Saramanda Reviser. I got really lucky with this particular Saramanda that I used because it weighs 31.88g, which is heavier than any recorded Reviser I have seen.
So, Pegasis Dragooon is a pretty decent combo for Attack?
Can somebody try Ifraid Pegasis TH170 R2F? Thanks
Edit: I meant Pegasis Ifraid TH170 R2F
Ifraid would be on the bottom though....doing all the work.
Can some test Bahamdia Pegasis TR145 (RF/GF)? Thanks
(Dec. 17, 2012  4:21 AM)Kain_Highwind Wrote:

Does Meow! have a Pegasis yet, or is he getting one any time in the near future? If so, I am pretty sure he could make it perform to its full potential, due to his experience with Attack types. Go Meow! xD

Also, you said that it was somewhat similar to Killerkin Dragooon DF105LRF. Does this combo usually spin steal / equalize, or KO? I'm guessing that it KOs most of the time, as you mention about Reviser getting wall saves.
I very clearly stated that it cannot win except by KO, and that you have to think of it as a pure attack type. Please read my explanation again.
All the info you are asking for is already clearly stated. And you are completely backwards, cause the wall saves thing was with Gryph Pegasis. Please go read through the thread again.