Pegasis Pegasis R145RF

Poll: Does the Pegasis ChromeWheel show top-tier potential in attack?

YES!!
42.59%
Probably, yah! Looks pretty good.
20.37%
Hard to say... maybe, but we need more testing.
16.67%
Eh... sorta decent, but not quite up to the standard.
16.67%
Lord no! :\
3.70%
Total: 100% 54 vote(s)
What?? :\ Are you sure...

You're right... there are only 9 rounds! Confused Whoops. XD I must've miscounted.

Sorry 'bout that. I can't play the match back in slow motion where it looks like they may have tied, but I can 100% guarantee you that Pegasis took that one. It sat on the tornado ridge after Revizer flew out.

But yah... I really did get awesome results with this thing. :\ Like, cross my heart on penalty of death promise.

I'm just gonna leave this here for testing and see what everyone else gets for results. Blitz is definitely a very reliable source. I'm starting to think there may have been some weird variable incorporated in one of our tests.

Wait, you think 62% is mediocre? :\ that's 2 percent higher than I've gotten with Balro or Wyvang Dragooon, and far better than my results with Flash.

IDK anymore. This is getting confusing.
Yes, with Wyvang around I consider 62% (especially with just 9 rounds) mediocre. I know you only got 60% with Wyvang in your benchmark but that is not consistent at all with everyone else that has tested it. I got 65% (that was with a less than ideal track and after weeks of not testing), Ingulit hit 73.3%, ShinobuXD hit 75% (and 65% vs an E230 defender), heck you yourself hit 70% vs an E230 defender.

I guess the main point I am trying to make is, if I was still testing right now, the biggest thing I would consider when building/testing any attack type.....what can it do better than Wyvang or why should I use this over Wyvang? I get that YOU have gotten ONE set of better results with this than Wyvang but I am gathering that you are the only one so far. However, that last statement just goes back to what has already been stated multiple times.....more testing is needed.

Small Side note: As for the tests you did comparing to where Blitz's used CH120....Reviser Dragooon BD145RDF is absolutely not comparable to Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF.
(Oct. 14, 2013  9:31 PM)KainHighwind Wrote: I guess the main point I am trying to make is, if I was still testing right now, the biggest thing I would consider when building/testing any attack type.....what can it do better than Wyvang or why should I use this over Wyvang? I get that YOU have gotten ONE set of better results with this than Wyvang but I am gathering that you are the only one so far. However, that last statement just goes back to what has already been stated multiple times.....more testing is needed.

Small Side note: As for the tests you did comparing to where Blitz's used CH120....Reviser Dragooon BD145RDF is absolutely not comparable to Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF.

Perhaps I could do some retesting, and I may be able to do it against Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF when my friend comes over. Is that satisfactory?
Woah... OK, sorry. :\

I posted that my launch with attack types was really rusty. I was half-asleep from a 12-hour car ride. I specifically stated that my attack results would be lower than normal.

I said we need more testing... I said it several times. I said that suggesting that anything was better than Wyvang was absurd.

I wasn't claiming that this was better than Wyvang. I just said I thought it was good.

Plus, I haven't only gotten 1 set of results. I've done hundreds of rounds of informal testing, and the outcome was still sufficient. Anyway, is there not only 1 set of results contradicting mine? Using, in fact, a different attack setup against a different combo?

The result was 66%, not 62. :\ And If you call that mediocre than Flash, Balro, and Wyvang Dragooon should've been kicked in the garbage months ago!

I'm totally fine if people don't like this at all... I just had a great experience with it, and I decided to share my results with the community to see if it was a decent combo. I'm sorry if I offended anyone or anything, I just thought it would be a nice part to try out! If other people are consistently getting not-so-decent results with it, than I probably had some variable incorporated that I didn't know about, like a defective part or something.

But I am absolutely posting exactly what happened... if I just happened to have a freakishly long winning streak with the thing, then that's totally fine, but I'm absolutely not lying about anything. :\
Wait a min dude....take a step back for a sec. Why are you getting so defensive? And why are you apologizing? Please remember, you asked for my input....I gave it. I never attacked you at all. I simply stated my thoughts on the matter. I also never said you were lying at all, and I have no idea why you went there. There is always the possibility one person could get drastically different results than another, but that is why testing by several different people is needed (like we and everyone else have said).

And if you even think that there could possibly be a variable that is causing different results, then continue to test changing variables to try and find what that variable could be. Also, if there is anyone that understands being stuck at a point where you have tried everything and now you are FORCED to wait on someone else to HOPEFULLY test, its me.

I am just trying to help man, and to be honest, it makes me a little concerned that you got so defensive cause I gave you no reason to. If you cant take constructive critisism or have a discussion without taking such offense then I cannot help here.
Did it sound super defensive? :\ I probably should've worded that a bit better... It's a bit hard to judge people's tone over the internet. Tongue_out I was also really, really tired and in kind of a bad mood when I wrote that, so, hehe, I guess I sounded a bit ticked off... XD

I was apologizing for the lack of testing in the video and for conducting rounds against Reviser Dragooon rather than Wyvang Dragooon. Tongue_out The last part was just trying to reassure people that the results were true, just since we were discussing conflicting results.

I didn't take any offense, don't worry about it... I will admit that I was surprised when it hit higher than Wyvang. The only reason I could think of (and I'm actually starting to think this is a serious possibility) is that, though Pegasis seems to work better with RF, Wyvang usually does better with R2F. The fact that I tested them both with RF could've been a factor.

Plus, my Metal Stone Faces won't screw my Wyvangs together without rattling like nuts, so I couldn't use it with MSF.

Now that I think about it, could someone benchmark MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F up against this? My R2F bit the dust yesterday during Flash testing.

Side note: Is that the only testing Blitz showed you guys? Did he happen to test Pegasis against anything else that we could see?

EDIT: Gosh... just read it. :\ I didn't remember writing it like that. I guess 6 straight hours of testing can get a guy down in the dumps LOL. XD Sorry 'bout that.
TBH, do you think TR145 would've been better?
[Image: badnews.jpg]

Pegasis Pegasis R145RF vs. Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Pegasis: 8 (0 OS, 8 KO)
Reviser: 22 (16 OS, 6 KO)
Pegasis Win %: 26.7%

Benchmark:
MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F vs. Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Wyvang: 18 (0 OS, 18 KO)
Reviser: 12 (11 OS, 1 KO)
Wyvang Win %: 60.0%

I'm pretty rusty with Wyvang, but Wyvang was still chucking Reviser across the room. Pegasis... tickled, I guess. Pegasis basically only KOed when it landed a hit directly upon entry, the kind of hit that you can KO something even if you're using something like Saramanda Saramanda. Heck, I might be able to pull better numbers with Saramanda, lol!

The only thing I can say in Pegasis Pegasis's favor is that it's better than how unfortunately bad Begirados Begirados is, but that really isn't saying much.
Thanks for the tests, but I don't think it's all that good:\ To me Wyvang Pegasis is much better.
(Oct. 18, 2013  11:02 AM)Kai-Zer Wrote: Thanks for the tests, but I don't think it's all that good:\ To me Wyvang Pegasis is much better.
His whole purpose was to find a use for the pegasis chrome wheel, in this case it was in attack. If you have wyvang already, then their really is no point in putting a pegasis on it IMO. You might as well make Wyvang Wyvang or Gryph Wyvang. I don't believe Pegasis is really doing anything in this synchrom with wyvang because its contact points are covered by the Wyvang. Again, I feel like gryph does a much better job at bringing out the smash potential that pegasis has (not sure about pegasis).
I get what you mean sorry lol. I was just saying maybe.

Is they going to be anymore tests? If so I can help.
HOLY CHEEZE! Confused Really?

What the heck... That's totally opposite to everything I've gotten. :\ That's super weird.

It didn't do well at all? Like, not even decent? Did it make any clean KOs??

Geez... I'm still getting like 60-70% over here. Maybe I have some mold defect or something, like all those 49 gram Basalts people used to have.

Well, I guess that pretty much closes the deal... I can't think what's causing it to work so well for me, but it's obviously not happening with anyone else.
49 gram basalts were not common and as I recall it none were recorded with scales that were verified as calibrated. They may be a thing but "all those" is really not accurate, and there were a lot of people making wild claims about/a lot of silly rumors around one of the most (not incorrectly) hyped parts I can remember. 2g ain't much so it's possible but from my weights of the four I have, basalt seems to have unusually consistent weights if anything. Anyway, I'm ramblin' aboot the old times again, back on topic:

Perhaps you need to look into subconscious biases in your testing? This is a natural thing (hard to explain without giving you a psych 101 lecture, but everyone does it and you have to kinda look out for it), I mean no offense and this post will likely sound blunt because I'm busy at the moment, but perhaps given the amount you're testing and this example of wildly different results you should take a step back and be more careful/do more rounds etc/actively examine your launch strength and technique for each top, worst comes to worst film a few sets of tests and have people look it over or something? I appreciate people doing a lot of testing but I'd rather have the results be reliable.
I'd also suggest backing off on making large claims/over-enthusiastic assessments, as in that other combo thread you made recently. I was here when that was common and in retrospect I really, really do not want it to return, even if things were more active then...

Also as a general comment to the people it is relevant to, I'm again seeing a lot of /10's in this thread - that isn't acceptable, guys, 20's the minimum unless it's clear cut (and given this is an attack combo thread, that's never the case because of how much luck can come into play in either direction).
Pegasis Pegasis R145RF VS MSF-L Revizer Killerken BD145RSF
Pegasis Pegasis R145RF - 9 Wins (9 KO)
MSF-L Revizer Killerken BD145RSF - 21 Wins (18 OS, 3 KO)
Pegasis Pegasis Win %: 30

Detailed Results:

It's quite a decent combination; powerful smash at the beginning of the launch but will only win if it can stay and maintain its pattern. Not very consistent though.
@th!nk: Haha I know. Tongue_out I'm trying to be very careful not to let bias into the results. I actually re-did the benchmarks with other attackers several times until I got numbers comparable to Pegasis before I posted.

I don't know exactly why this worked so well against everything here and not against anything anywhere else. :\ I can even have my brother launch the beyblades and Pegasis still does as well, if not better than, Wyvang against most things. It's gotta be something about my parts...

I know there weren't many 48-49 gram basalts. I was just typing fast and I needed something to compare to, so. XD

I only did 10 rounds against Stamina types witch Pegasis won against 90-100% of the time (given stamina types aren't even mandatory for attack testing... I just threw them in as extra.) which is clear cut for the most part, IMO.

Just one question... how did you guys launch this combo? Cannon sounds like he's having the problem I did when I started. If you do a regular/deep bank you'll just bounce off and your pattern will break into tiny little circles near the edge. Read the launch section of the OP. If you're launching different then that may be the biggest reason, and you might get some decent results. Smile Although I seriously doubt it's gonna knock it from 30% to like 65%. :\

You can see the launch in the video if you need to... the results may be a bit more comparable. That's really all I can think of what would be skewing the results rather than a part defect.

Here's what a good launch looks like (much more shallow bank)

Here's what a not-so-good launch looks like (deep/normal bank)

That's all I got. If that's not at least a large factor then I'd have to say I must be a part defect going on.
(Oct. 19, 2013  1:55 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Just one question... how did you guys launch this combo? Cannon sounds like he's having the problem I did when I started. If you do a regular/deep bank you'll just bounce off and your pattern will break into tiny little circles near the edge. Read the launch section of the OP. If you're launching different then that may be the biggest reason, and you might get some decent results. Smile Although I seriously doubt it's gonna knock it from 30% to like 65%. :\

You can see the launch in the video if you need to... the results may be a bit more comparable. That's really all I can think of what would be skewing the results rather than a part defect.

Here's what a good launch looks like (much more shallow bank)

Here's what a not-so-good launch looks like (deep/normal bank)

My launch is actually fine! It tends to knock it out near the ridge and beyond, but just can't get enough to knock it out. A majority of the KOs are at the start when it was at top-speed.

I don't see any difference between those videos, ahah
I have played around with a really similar combo: Pegasus Pegasus BD145R2F. The BD145 helped to alleviate the problem of "deep banking" that some users seem to be experiencing because of Pegasus Pegasus's relatively thin contact points. You should try it out and see how it does compared to the R145 variant.
What about Pegasus Pegasus W145RF? maybe that would work better
Dang, In my opinion From watching your videos it looks as if Pegasus Pegasus is a great combo! Although i havent tested it but i would totally try it out at a tourney maybe find other tracks it might work with.
Er... well, it seems to fail for other users. XD It works insanely well for me, but some of the other (far more experienced) users don't see any potential in the synchrom.
I didn't see testing against balro balro ch120rf in the OP, can somebody test it?
Well, that's not really the priority at the moment if this combo even deserves any more consideration.

If someone decides that this combo might have some potential, they should test against Defense to back it up. The results we have now clearly show that the Pegasis Synchrome is significantly below average as far as Attack goes, and testing against top-tier Balro combinations isn't really going to help the situation much. :\