[PROPOSAL] Limiting the use combinations in tournament play.

So, this is quite a proposal and I am not sure if I am the guy to really be voicing it, but it just crossed my mind earlier and I figured it wouldn't hurt to propose it. Basically, I am proposing the in official WBO tournaments, we limit a combination a certain amount of matches per user.

A large part of this is because of the whole Zero G F230 drama. It had been proposed by some that the amount of times F230(GCF/CF) could be limited to a certain amount of matches. The only thing different about my proposal is that it limits every combination. Below I have compiled a table with the pros and cons of this.

Quote:PROS
  • Could open up a wider variety with the amount of combinations used during an event per user.
  • Could easily stop the F230(GCF/CF) epidemic in a sense since its use would be lowered.

CONS
  • Adds another responsibility for hosts and judges to assure a member has not went above the limit of use for a combination.
  • Could be abused where a member just slightly tweaks the combination (i.e. a face change).*

*This is definitely one of the biggest cons. If this were to begin in official play, slight changes like a face change would need to be frowned upon or illegal. It's also a con because there are many variations of pretty much the same combination a user could use.

Alright, I'm looking forward to what you guys think about this. It is quite the proposal, but eh I feel some discussion is needed.
It's a decent idea, but what about the people who only own one Beyblade. And as you mentioned, it can be easily avoided.
Perhaps the limitation of a beyblade that at one point had been considered on the stronger side of the meta?

For example: Dragoon BD145 RDF setups, F230, Lightning-Tank (just an example).

I don't know how I feel about the proposal quite yet, but I can throw in a few ideas of course.
As you stated it would be hard to keep up with, every judge would have to write it down or tell other judges which all of this would lead to hasles and the tournament would take a little but longer to finish. Also it is pretty easy to switch out a face or a clear wheel and its performance wouldn't be to different, but a player who already maxed out a combo could do that. I like the idea (since I'm normally one of the few people in my area to use 4-5 combos each event), but it seems like the whole event would go longer trying to keep up with this.
Honestly if this were to happen (which I don't want it to, I'm in favor of a straight ban), then the following things would need to accompany this rule change:

- you cannot use F230CF/GCF for a combined total of x amount of times per tournament
- switching Stone Faces doesn't count as a different combination, as well as switching MSF combinations (i.e., MSF-F, MSF-L, etc.)

There was something else but I forgot it haha.
So let's say you have a tournament with 15 players each of whom can only use a certain combination twice. Is it realistic to expect a host to keep track of the number of times every single person has used a combination? It's a nice idea in theory, but puts too much pressure on hosts, especially if one person uses a combination more than that number without the host realizing & then posts it in winning combos.

As Echizen said, it also wouldn't a great idea because some people only own one or two viable combinations & it's not fair to expect them to use something worse, or give them a combo, just because they've used what they have too many times.
Eh, personally I'm not a fan of this idea. It could potentially work, but like TheSupremeOne said, as a host, it'd be pretty hard to keep track of who used what, especially if there is a large amount of players- not to mention if there is more than 1 judge. It'd definitely slow down events if judges had to record the combinations used each battle or talk to eachother about who used what after every round.

If a players only brought one Beyblade (like Bullchamp, in Bey Meets World), would I have to tell him he couldn't play?

It's a nice thought, but I personally feel it just wouldn't necessarily work.
On top of what everybody else is saying, if we were to limit the use of arguably overpowered combinations, rather than ban them outright, Everyone would save them for when they matter most, and then pull 'em out in the last few matches of the tournament, which would totally ruin the finals.
On the topic of only one Beyblade:

If someone has an F230 then they probably have access to other competitively viable parts.

Oh, and we would limit the use of F230 to regular round play, no use in the finals or tiebreakers to go into the finals.
Maybe only limit the use of Beyblades the competitive combos list then? Just an idea.
Plus, guys, it's not like F230 itself will likely be banned; IIRC Kei intends to ban F230CF/GCF (well, if he ends up banning anything, that is).

Last time I checked, no one Beyblade comes with that setup.
(Jul. 25, 2014  5:52 PM)Tʀɪ Wrote: Maybe only limit the use of Beyblades the competitive combos list then? Just an idea.

But then hosts would have to know/have the lists on them which would be fairly hard since Limited is yet to have a list and I don't believe the Zero-G list has been made "official" yet.
Made up my mind, not to be mean Tri, but I think this is doing more than necessary dude Uncertain
Only the problem beys should be stopped, IE F230 at the moment.
This is just to open up discussion, I am not really for or against this. I just thought it'd be intersting to discuss.
Good point, discussion is always good, but what if this were to turn into an actual movement?
Technically, we are your angels always there at the end to take the good decisions, so do not worry about movements, bandwagoning, etc.
#kaiv2k14

I appreciate the committee so much.
Well, unless the movement actually makes sense for as many people as possible and under all circumstances, but this subject is not, unfortunately, hah. The first time Uwik hosted a tournament and that I saw that he had written down every single combination in each BeyBattle, I thought it was 'cute', but probably way too much work.
I'm not sure this is the right for WBO Organized Play, but I've always thought that the TAKARA-TOMY Deck System rules were kind of interesting: you had three Beyblades and each had to use a different Metal Wheel, I believe.
But at the same time, you can change or use the same thing every battle.
How about a different ruleset that uses the deck system? I'm all for that. It could be applied to any format and it'd be fun :3

(And no Kai-V, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)
I would want to limit all Top Tiers to make it fair, because there are enough combos on the list for someone to use for the entire tourney, but many younger Bladers have one bey or so and they won't be able to play much, so I'm not in favor for this.
(Jul. 31, 2014  1:04 PM)Lord Wrote: I would want to limit all Top Tiers to make it fair, because there are enough combos on the list for someone to use for the entire tourney, but many younger Bladers have one bey or so and they won't be able to play much, so I'm not in favor for this.
That's basically what Limited does, but better.
I sorta dislike the idea, as people should use what they want. And I have seen F230 free tournaments before, and the host is the enforcer of keeping it F230 free.
(Aug. 23, 2014  8:33 PM)Ocean Wrote: I sorta dislike the idea, as people should use what they want. And I have seen F230 free tournaments before, and the host is the enforcer of keeping it F230 free.
The difference between hosts saying "I'd Prefer everyone not use F230" and this topic are really different. This takes a ton of tracking and would be rather time consuming. You can easily spot someone using F230.