POWER RANGERS

(Mar. 14, 2011  7:47 AM)To Wrote: I've been watching Samurai.

And yeah... dat acting.

So it's the same as every Power Ranger series they have made. In my opinion, they should stop making power rangers or at least get some better actors. The actors make the show faker than it already was.
(Mar. 14, 2011  8:07 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2011  7:47 AM)To Wrote: I've been watching Samurai.

And yeah... dat acting.

So it's the same as every Power Ranger series they have made. In my opinion, they should stop making power rangers or at least get some better actors. The actors make the show faker than it already was.

I've watched parts of Shinkenger, and it appears the bad acting isn't limited to the English side. Though, the scripts they're working with can be downright awful so that can't help anything.
I've started watching Dino Thunder on youtube, for a little while.

I love it. The action is awesome with the flips and kicks and carp. The music is so good I could hardly believe how much they pulled me into the action. The protagonists have colorful and interesting personnalities and, maybe the most important, the villains are actually pretty cool!

I'm really surprised.
Dino Thunder is really old >.> . The best power rangers were the first series IMO. I have almost all of the Power Ranger's megazords, and i must say The first Power Rangers > all of the power rangers. You would agree if you watched em.
I watched MMPR over the summer on the official site, and I have to say MMPR is a show that has aged terribly. The acting is laughable, the scripts are hard to take serious (which may explain the terrible acting), and the abuse of stock footage for a show as successful as it was later on is appalling. This doesn't mean the show isn't enjoyable, but it really is not good.

Edit: It shows how changing hands from Saban to Disney to Saban again maybe wasn't the best idea as Samurai exhibits everything but the stock footage abuse.
(Mar. 19, 2011  6:32 AM)To Wrote: This doesn't mean the show isn't enjoyable, but it really is not good.

I'm pretty sure that it's one of those things where you had to be there at the time to understand (Like disco, or something)
Hahaha...Power Rangers...best superheroes of my young age...
I remembered I first watched Power Rangers Wild Force when I was 4 years old. Then, Power Rangers Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, S.P.D., Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive. My last Power Rangers show I watched was Jungle Fury (Age 10).
I have to say, It might be childish but in some cases, entertaining.
Wild Force...ROAR.
Ninja Storm was very,very full of action and ninjas.
Dino Thunder...DINOSAURS FTW!!
S.P.D. was a little boring, but very exciting.
Mystic Force...THEY GOT THE MAGIC, MAGIC, MAGIC.
Operation Overdrive, EPIC.

I watched some PR:RPM epsiodes. I like the japanese version of it more (Enjin Sentai Go-Onger).
Difference with RPM and Go-Onger
Summon zords from their chest - Zords in a case.
Dr. K was a computer program thing then became a human - Lil' robot.
Zords don't talk (When the Rangers talk in the zords, the zords are the one who is speaking in some parts) - Zords talking to other Rangers and their owners.
Stupid toys - EPIC toys
There's a girl evil-doer and robots(classics...) - Robot are the only evil-doers
A talking virus?!? - Monster in a cell?

RPM-4.5/5 rating (for me)
(Mar. 19, 2011  12:56 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2011  6:32 AM)To Wrote: This doesn't mean the show isn't enjoyable, but it really is not good.

I'm pretty sure that it's one of those things where you had to be there at the time to understand (Like disco, or something)

I was born at the tail-end of MMPR and caught a lot of repeats of the show on Fox Kids. Wink
Power Rangers Samurai gets a lot more exposure in Canada as it airs on YTV this Saturday. MMPR will also air on Teletoon Retro in May.

You can all relive the terror that is MMPR.
Can't wait for the new pirate based rangers. Changing into past rangers? FTW!!!!!
yeah..remembered about the new japanese pirate ranger..they said 'gokai change' every time they henshin...they can henshin to other rangers in previous series too..
Well, they also have many female casts that are posing nude from the american series. I am somewhat deceived of that, I suppose they don't give importance at their role as a power ranger, in other words, being a idol for kids fans.
[/quote]

That's just SO wrong. People get so absorbed in theirselves that they just HAVE to take pic of em naked.
(Apr. 15, 2011  5:10 AM)To Wrote: You can all relive the terror that is MMPR.

Don't be so mean, they were just starting XD

And it got better, right?
i dont know if you guys know this or not but jason david franks the white power ranger from MMPR is now an MMA fighter his recorded is 4 and 0
Loved it when I was younger still have most of the toys waiting until they get really valuable then selling them and using the cash for beys
I've been inhaled by power rangers.

I'm tempted to buy the corny halloween costume.

I want the Megazords from Samurai, Goliath (the member on here, haha) showed me a picture of like, 6 Megazords combined into one and it's huge and super awesome.

I have the Zords/Megazords from MMPR, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force, and like I said, I'll probably be getting a couple Samurai ones.

Oh, and the pink ranger in power rangers samurai is hot. Just thought I'd add that.

It's fun to look at what the old actors are doing now. Except for a couple which are really unfortunate. (ie, David Yost, Thuy Trang). And Austin St. John (first red ranger) is fat now, haha. He was the cool one.

I'm going to be going through pretty much every season.
Yo shabalabadoo..i'm interesed to see your megazord colletction...XD
used to have the small astro megazord from the PR in Space..XD
I can't right now since they're in my crawlspace. Plus my brothers don't like when I bring it up since it's a shared thing. But if I ever do bring them up, I'll take pictures Smile
Are we permitted to talk about the Sentai here, or should I start a new topic?

Anyway, I feel like the "Golden Age of PR" was In Space to SPD. Even though the quality was not always the same between the seasons, and all of them had their weak points, they always were above the standard "Augh fight fight fight" or "Red Ranger is messiah" situations that I started seeing after. Mystic Force was the first real drop from that standard, what with Nick... And then we had Operation Overdrive.

As someone who has seen the Sentai it's based off of, I can honestly tell you that OO is BY FAR the WORST season of Power Rangers ever produced. Even worse-no, FAR worse than Turbo. Turbo did the best with the footage it had. Operation Overdrive was the first series since Lost Galaxy to have its own original story, rather than copying the Sentai, and it was TERRIBLE. Wooden acting, terrible storylines, and deus-ex-machinas out the wazoo. I can't keep talking about it, or I'll get absolutely furious and break something.

Jungle Fury was... meh. It was kinda fun at points, but it just never seemed to grab me like, say, Wild Force, its closest cousin and possibly my favorite series. It was OK at best. Not half as good as the Golden Age seasons, slightly worse than Mystic Force, but leagues better than OO.

Ah, RPM. The one time in PR history, save maybe In Space, where I can truly say that the PR was superior. What an interesting concept it was. The characters became well-developed and never got truly annoying, and made what I consider to be maybe the most sinister enemy in PR and even Sentai history, Venjix. Venjix is like the HAL 9000, and clearly takes a lot of traits from it. It is cold, emotionless, and views humans as nothing but impediments to its mission, taking over the world. It would be defeated by the rangers, but I never once got a feeling that their war was anything less than equal or in Venjix's favor. And then we have the ending. I won't spoil anything, but the second I saw it, I could not stop grinning immensely. A truly competent villain, and perhaps a set up for the Gokaiger-version of Power Rangers. I loved it.

Now we're at Samurai, and I'm back to the meh phase. I never particularly liked Shinkenger to begin with, save maybe for the costumes. Honestly, however, Saban's doing the best he can to make an incredibly Japanese sentai understandable for American audiences. When we think of Samurai, we think of big burly warriors and Himura Kenshin doing superhuman sword tricks, and most of us don't really know anything about actual samurai. So I'm willing to watch where this thing goes.

And that's my spiel. They're just my opinions, but I'm sticking to them.
You're talking about Samurai Ha-Oh Shabalabadoo. I AM CRAZY ABOUT GOKAIGER SO MUCH. I WANT A MOBIRATES (what they use to change) BUT THEY COST $60...
That's wy I want it. IT'S SO COOL.
Anyway, I don't think the American version of Samurai Ha-Oh could be formed since the Swordfish's tail won't come off.
I have the Mobirates, and it is glorious. 8D
Would you be able to list all of your Ranger Keys? I wanna know if Ohranger and Gaoranger keys were released and if you have them. I <3 Ohranger and Gaoranger XD.
The Ohranger Keys, I lack. I think they've only released OhRed and Kingranger. However, the full set of Gaoranger Keys were released in... Gashapon Set 4? I think it was 4. I picked them up.

My list:

Goranger: ALL!
JAKQ: Spades Ace, Dia Blue
Battle Fever J: Battle Japan, Miss America
Denziman: Denzi Red
Sun Vulcan: ALL!
GoggleV: Goggle Red
Dynaman: Dyna Red
Bioman: Bio Red
Changeman: Change Red
Flashman: Flash Red
Maskman: Mask Red
Liveman: Red Falcon
Turboranger: Turbo Red
Fiveman: Five Red
Jetman: Red Hawk
Zyuranger: Tyranno Ranger (Normal and metallic), Triceraranger, Dragon Ranger
Dairanger: Ryuranger
Kakuranger: Ninja Red
Ohranger: Kingranger
Carranger: Red Racer
Megaranger: Mega Silver
Gingaman: Ginga Red
GoGo V: Go Red
Timeranger: Time Red, Time Fire
Gaoranger: ALL!
Hurricanger: Hurricane Red, Kabuto Raiger, Shurikenger
Abaranger: Abared, Abarekiller
Dekaranger: Deka Red, Deka Blue, Deka Green, Deka Yellow, Deka Pink, DekaMaster (My favorite key)
Magiranger: Magi Red
Boukenger: Bouken Red, Bouken Silver
Gekiranger: Geki Red, Geki Blue
Go-Onger: ALL! (Except Go-On Wings)
Shinkenger: ALL! (Including Hime Shinken Red)
Goseiger: ALL!
Gokaiger: Gokai Red, Gokai Yellow, Gokai Silver, Gold Anchor Key

There you go. I have at least one key from every team.
Nice.
Bandai Japan is trying to break focus of the TV while you play with Samurai Ha-Oh.
It is a mystery
Made new vids of Power Ranger/Super Sentai.
Samurai Ha-Oh/ TBN GaoIcarus/Isis Megazord
GaoKing/Wild Force Megazord
Time Robo Alpha and Beta/ Time Force Megazord Mode Red and Blue