Orange F230 VS Brown F230 - Comparison

(Aug. 27, 2013  2:49 PM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2013  2:31 PM)Triforceblader Wrote: I'd be able to help you need to disassemble the f230 and first put it in a sink with water and drop all of the pieces in. Make sure that the drain is closed so no parts go down the drain.

From there it should work properly but I'd also suggest putting a little squeaking oil on it to make it free spin better.

That's illegal. Confused

Cleaning the inside of the track is to remove plastic residue from continual use... if it's brand new, then it won't help at all. :\

right I meant the first half the second have was a bit random
What if someone comes to a tourney with a illegal fix for the brown F230, how are you supposed to know the blader's F230 isn't illegally fixed?
(Aug. 27, 2013  7:50 PM)diblee123 Wrote: What if someone comes to a tourney with a illegal fix for the brown F230, how are you supposed to know the blader's F230 isn't illegally fixed?

You wouldn't... you'd just have to trust the blader, and any decent person would not use parts that they knew were illegal. :\
You can inspect it by taking apart the bey and if you notice any powder or lubricant you know it has been illegally fixed.
(Aug. 27, 2013  2:16 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: shinobuXD: Confused I've already witnessed multiple Hasbro F230 tracks perform, and they were literally worse than a brown Takara mold... but, formal tests would be awesome! Joyful_3 Could you try, say, Reviser Dragooon F230CF vs. Duo ____ W145BWD? Thanks!

Well, from my few battles of experience, Hasbo's Girago Dragooon F230 GCF/CF loses to Duo SA165/W145 WD/W2D.

Oh, and the shaft is slightly bent on mine, so thats no goodUnhappy

Anyways, I'll see what I can do Stupid

Oh, and Time: Thanks for telling me, but its still easily worth it to me for Begirados and TB, not to mention for testing purposes, since I don't mind buying parts simply to test them, especially if no one has yet. Stupid Thanks again though.
(Aug. 27, 2013  8:16 PM)Time Wrote: You can inspect it by taking apart the bey and if you notice any powder or lubricant you know it has been illegally fixed.

Actually if WE were inspecting parts (taking the F230 apart) it will also affect the timing of the tournament.

So in order to tell that the F230 is legal is either spin to hear any squeaking or the the sound of ED145 (which is the BEST F230)

But yeah either trust the blader or whatever. But lubricant can lose to same spin direction stamina type... or Genbull 2x F230GCF/CF...
Oh, yeah, I completely get buying the set anyways, I needed a second begiradoas and tb as well even after hearing how bad the f230 was from beymaster.

Solo Spin Time on Hasbro F230, Beylauncher L/R, fully equipped grip, bb-10
Genbull Dragooon F230 CF
1:42
1:47
2:01
1:52
1:49
(Aug. 27, 2013  7:50 PM)diblee123 Wrote: What if someone comes to a tourney with a illegal fix for the brown F230, how are you supposed to know the blader's F230 isn't illegally fixed?

Right now, it's pretty simple. If anybody is using a brown or red F230 successfully, I would be suspicious of it and inspect it. Not all TAKARA-TOMY brown F230's are absolutely horrible (as Cannon's tests have demonstrated), but it's a large enough problem to be concerned about if the brown F230 continually does well within a tournament. But once Hasbro releases the orange one, it will become harder to tell (assuming that their orange one is going to suck as well) ...
(Aug. 29, 2013  5:28 AM)Kei Wrote:

Right now, it's pretty simple. If anybody is using a brown or red F230 successfully, I would be suspicious of it and inspect it. Not all TAKARA-TOMY brown F230's are absolutely horrible (as Cannon's tests have demonstrated), but it's a large enough problem to be concerned about if the brown F230 continually does well within a tournament. But once Hasbro releases the orange one, it will become harder to tell (assuming that their orange one is going to suck as well) ...

Eh, that may not be true. If you remember my brown F230 did extremely well at BR, and did not modify it at all, and as far as I know, nobody asked me if I modified it.
(Aug. 29, 2013  5:34 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: Eh, that may not be true. If you remember my brown F230 did extremely well at BR, and did not modify it at all, and as far as I know, nobody asked me if I modified it.

It wasn't as widely known back then that the brown F230's were generally bad. Personally, I knew that mine were, but I didn't know if it was just me or not. Yours seems to be an anomaly. Have you compared it with an orange one? Has it been consistently good or have you had to disassemble/clean it/etc. from time to time?
I am getting an orange one soon, but my brown one broke haha, snapped right in half.. Tired
So Is It Illegal? I Just Washed Out The Insides Of My Brown F230
(Sep. 02, 2013  3:05 AM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: So Is It Illegal? I Just Washed Out The Insides Of My Brown F230

As Cannon mentioned, it is legal, just as long as you don't lubricate it.
Thanks OwnageDerp. Thank God I Didn't Lubricate It Smile

My F230 is working extremely well. Washing it with water took away all the squeaking noise even without lubricating it. Thanks so much Cannon Smile
So Hasbro Red F230 tests, my friend had it, and let my test it...

Duo Cyngus F230 CF vs. Killerken Dragoon BGrin (in Zero-G attack type stadium)
Pretty interesting results, for me. No, this track hasn't been lubricated or tamppered with- its a red F230, untouched.
I hope the results don't start a controversy or argument, they're not fudged.
So it's hasbro?
(Sep. 07, 2013  2:18 PM)AZL Wrote: So it's hasbro?

Yeah, the test I posted was the red Hasbro F230.

Maybe try reading it again. Wink

Anyways, thank you for the tests! But we need tests for it in the MFB-Attack Stadium for it to be correct. If you have the parts for the combinations in the OP, would you mind testing that so it's fair(er)?

Other people have said it's not too good though.
(Sep. 07, 2013  2:21 PM)Cannon Wrote:

Maybe try reading it again. Wink

Anyways, thank you for the tests! But we need tests for it in the MFB-Attack Stadium for it to be correct. If you have the parts for the combinations in the OP, would you mind testing that so it's fair(er)?

Other people have said it's not too good though.

Want me to test those in BB-10, right? (I can do both, if you'd like)?
I should have them up soon, I'd have to use my firends BB-10.
It's illegal to take F230 apart I presume, am I correct?
(Sep. 07, 2013  2:24 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Want me to test those in BB-10, right? (I can do both, if you'd like)?

Just one set of tests (5-10 results), not counting any KOes if that were to happen. And yes, the BB-10. Thanks!

(Sep. 07, 2013  2:27 PM)AZL Wrote: It's illegal to take F230 apart I presume, am I correct?

Of course not ... try reading the OP?
(Sep. 07, 2013  2:38 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2013  2:24 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Want me to test those in BB-10, right? (I can do both, if you'd like)?

Just one set of tests (5-10 results), not counting any KOes if that were to happen. And yes, the BB-10. Thanks!

(Sep. 07, 2013  2:27 PM)AZL Wrote: It's illegal to take F230 apart I presume, am I correct?

Of course not ... try reading the OP?

So the problem is I won't have access to his BB-10 for a while, since he's pretty busy. I can try to hang out and test them next weekend, if not, I will have them by the 21, since at the tournament I'll be attending, there will be a BB-10 for free-play. Definitely expect the tests, though!
If anyone wants other tests in the Zero-G stadium (I understand the BB-10 is fairer, just for the sake of testing in Zero-G, though), just let me know. Tongue_out
could you maybe do a mirror match against with hasbro's red F230 against TT's orange one Brown one and brown #1 and brown #2 Smile
(Sep. 07, 2013  5:34 PM)Lazer Wrote: could you maybe do a mirror match against with hasbro's red F230 against TT's orange one Brown one and brown #1 and brown #2 Smile

Sorry, I only have the Red F230.

Has anyone else had any good experiences with the Hasbro one? So far it seems the one I tested was like the only decent one.
(Sep. 07, 2013  5:34 PM)Lazer Wrote: could you maybe do a mirror match against with hasbro's red F230 against TT's orange one Brown one and brown #1 and brown #2 Smile

Uh, brown #1 and 2 only exist to me, since they're the ones I own.