Old Project: Beyblade Price Reference List!

OK, so I suppose that we can leave until Wednesday during the day for people to voice major 'objections', and at the end of Wednesday, I or whoever has time will add 3-Dog's estimated prices on Beywiki ? After that, if there are changes that absolutely must be made and that are widely agreed on, they can be edited right on the article page.
(Mar. 18, 2013  5:03 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2013  4:20 AM)3-Dog Wrote: Don't forget that this price list tells us what these beyblades are worth, not how much they're selling for.

Would you mind explaining a bit further to the members your reasoning behind those beyblades' worth? Are the prices based on the supply vs demand? Rarity?

Essentially, please explain briefly why do you think that Dragoon V2 is worth only $75 despite the common market lists it in the $150 range.

Cheers for the list !

If anything, $75 is too high for what the beyblade is worth lol. See, used ones go for $25-$40 ($35 being for near mint condition, $40 being quite extreme and closer to what I'd consider an NIB one to be "worth"), which means at the least a drop in price of 50% for opening it and putting the stickers on - which is absolutely insane compared to other beyblades.
This is because of the fairly sudden price rise in Dragoon V2 to the point they are being listed for above the price NIB GT's sold for a few months back.

Personally, from what I can tell (and this is not the most informed of opinions, but I feel still worth stating) a lot of the fairly priced NIB Dragoon V2's ($55 and down) came from lots of mixed NIB beys, rather than the more stable but expensive supply of just Dragoon V2's, and thus right now it is just the lack of those, and the fact that when they do come along, Vim**** or whateveritis, and some others - including OkinawamTS - jump on them - and those that do resell then list Dragoon V2 at the stupid prices we're seeing, making a ludicrous profit on it, rather than actually caring about the market for a beyblade that is perhaps one of the most vital to the survival of the plastics metagame - it's basically the most direct way that certain people are killing what remains of plastics, really, and it infuriates me to no end.

As for 3-Dog's price list, having given it a quick look-over, I wholeheartedly approve of it.

@Jumping Base stuff: the takara one does have its rarity going for it, but rarity ain't worth squat without demand. I would suggest making a note that the hasbro version is worth more due to the amount, until we put together a list of the beys hasbro released in a manner that significantly alters their worth, just because this is a case where the Hasbro version is by far the most commonly seen and widely known of the two.
That list is almost done in the Hasbro G-Revolution Parts List thread (or whatever it is called, there's a link in my signature), I've added what is the last, off the top of my head, obvious one, though things like the altered BBA Championship versions of things are still missing, few if any of those are altered in a manner that really changes their worth to most people (Dragoon V2 is the most noticeable, the re-release missing the Magne Weight Disk and unique SG Core, but few people really pay much attention to those), so it could be adapted from there quite quickly.
(Mar. 10, 2013  7:16 AM)Tech Wrote: Here are a few of my own contributions:

A-126 Starter Dragoon MS - $85
A-131 Booster Dranzer MS - $30
A-132 HMS Customize Grip - $60
A-133 HMS Rubber Grip (Blue) - $15
A-136 Starter Einstein MS - $35
MA-11 Starter Advance Guardian - $25
MA-12 Starter Advance Striker - $40
MA-14 Starter Advance Eterner - $40
MA-15 Booster Phantom Fox MS - $40
MA-16 Booster Dark Leopard MS - $40
MA-18 Starter Magical Ape MS - $40
MA-19 Starter Round Shell MS - $40
MA-23 Starter Bloody Devil MS - $95
MA-24 Starter Shining God MS - $150

Again, I'm only giving my own input, feel free to edit and make changes. Smile
Do these prices seem okay? Or are they not needed anymore?
3-Dog's prices would override those where they clash, and Advance Striker is only worth $40, same with Eterner (neither was super hard to find around that price with some patience when I was after them a while back, anyway), Phantom Fox MS isn't worth $45 either, IMO, but 3-Dog would know more.
Alright, thanks. Changing prices now.

Whatever can be used there (whether it's everything or nothing at all) I'm fine with. 3-Dog is the expert, so he can do whatever haha
I think beypointers should cost $2.00 if its spray painted or rip dyed $7.00. beys should cost $5.50 If 4D bey,$7.50.If launcher,$2.00. For a grip, $4.50.
For string launchers, $2.20.For accsesories,like beyblade LED lights, $3.00
For a stadium, $15.50. For bey parts alone, Each loose bey part, $0.20.
For Zero G beys,$5.99.

It might sound expensive to you,but there should all be free shipping.
There isn't a general price man. If you don't have anything useful to add then don't. This thread is important so it needs to be right.
(Mar. 21, 2013  3:04 AM)Jugement_Blader Wrote: I think beypointers should cost $2.00 if its spray painted or rip dyed $7.00. beys should cost $5.50 If 4D bey,$7.50.If launcher,$2.00. For a grip, $4.50.
For string launchers, $2.20.For accsesories,like beyblade LED lights, $3.00
For a stadium, $15.50. For bey parts alone, Each loose bey part, $0.20.
For Zero G beys,$5.99.

It might sound expensive to you,but there should all be free shipping.

Are you counting in alien dollars ? A Beypointer did not even cost two dollars at its initial release, and there is a huge demand for them because, unlike the BeyPoint Card, you can actually indeed exchange points. Most of those prices are way, way too low. If you ever found items at such prices, you need to have serious doubts that the products are not fake.

Also, Ultra, who was your comment aimed at anyway ?
Sorry it was aimed at him.
Why are the prices for the Bearing Gyros series not higher? They're incredibly rare from what I heard so it doesn't make sense, unless the reasoning for the low price is only the AR is legal, and it isn't that great.
The Beyblade Price Referrence List is now official, with the addition of a small 'disclaimer' paragraph at the top of the page and of course 3-Dog's many estimated current prices.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...rence_List

From now on, since the list is more than half complete, all wanted edits should be posted in this topic first for approval by the Beyblade community. Nobody should necessarily go right away and update the list, just to be sure that nothing becomes messed up.

Great job everyone, this was among one of the most successful Projects of the Moment !
If I recall correctly, "Carabiner" is spelled with a "K" ?