[Ohio/Kentucky/West Virginia, USA] Calling Out Any Bladers!!!

Hey everyone if there is anyone in WV I am hosting a mini club today at the YMCA of Charleston Inc. from 2:45 PM to 6 PM. If you come a day pass is $15 I believe. please someone come to this.

The club is in the party room just ask where it is at the front desk if you want to find me I'm wearing khakis and a black button up.
im from clendinen wv good to here that there are other bladers near me
I used to live near Clendinen I just moved about a year ago. I lived in Falling Rock.
I also half own the Beyblade club at the ymca
That is true. Tongue_out
(Jan. 16, 2020  8:54 PM)YellowKing14 Wrote: That is true. Tongue_out

lol
glad you agree I'm in partial possession ^-^
(Jan. 16, 2020  8:36 PM)YellowKing14 Wrote: I used to live near Clendinen I just moved about a year ago. I lived in Falling Rock.

which falling the one past family dollar or towards morris creek
before family dollar
right past the church beside Jordan creek
What she said.
Maybe one of you should make a tournament in Dallas ?

I bet that more people would show up if you do that.
Being the state's capital, theres no reason that we cant be the Capital of Beyblading in West Virginia!

Currently there is a small group of us that battle Hasbro/TT at the Charleston YMCA, but there is word of another group at the local comic/fantasy shop in South Charleston as well? Whether a savvy veteran or just starting out, we would love to get you hooked! Over 30 hasbro house beys to make combinations with or bring your own!  We have a battle ring on occasion available, but generally we go all out on anime stadiums.  Rail Rush, Cross Collision, and Hypersphere available 5 days a week
(Mar. 06, 2020  5:32 PM)Phant0mM3nace Wrote: Being the state's capital, theres no reason that we cant be the Capital of Beyblading in West Virginia!

Currently there is a small group of us that battle Hasbro/TT at the Charleston YMCA, but there is word of another group at the local comic/fantasy shop in South Charleston as well? Whether a savvy veteran or just starting out, we would love to get you hooked! Over 30 hasbro house beys to make combinations with or bring your own!  We have a battle ring on occasion available, but generally we go all out on anime stadiums.  Rail Rush, Cross Collision, and Hypersphere available 5 days a week

Hi! Welcome to WBO!

You need to be careful here, because WBO has rules in place against non-WBO events being advertised on the site. However, this one is probably okay, this is you mentioning that the Charleston WV YMCA has beys for use if people want to stop by and play. That should be fine. Just a heads up though, organizing local non-WBO events should be done off the site. Organizing official WBO events is fine, but someone will have to become a WBO organizer, and it sounds like most of your parts and stadiums are Hasbro-only.

Also, you shouldn't make a new thread for this, you should find an existing West Virgina thread and use that. I'll move this post into there for you.

You should probably mention which 5 days of the week those beys are available for use.
It's around an hour from where I'm located. Probably wouldn't make the drive for regular play, but if you happen to hold any events in the near future, I could make it work. I've mentioned it a few places around here and some of the discord servers, but we're entertaining the idea of holding something of a "large" event (around the Parkersburg area). To constitute a "large" event, I'll want to take the time to put together a large enough prize pool. I'll want bladers to have the incentive to travel. We've got an outdoor (but covered) location, but no dates just yet.

I do plan to attend a few events to see how they are run, before holding my own. But, it is something that other bladers in the area should be aware of.

Edit: This hypothetical event WILL be a WBO event, for the record. I'm just working on my organizer status, currently.
Also I see that there was a non-WBO event posted in this thread earlier this year. Don't do it again folks! If you want people to show up to your YMCA beyclub in general, that's fine, but events need to be scheduled offsite, or made WBO official.
(Jan. 16, 2020  8:49 PM)MidnightSky231 Wrote: I also half own the Beyblade club at the ymca

1/3rd
Any tournaments in Huntington (in a good part of town if there even is one)?
How can we get a tournament going in Cleveland. I can host at the library but we need judges.
(Mar. 06, 2020  6:18 PM)Crashmk1 Wrote: It's around an hour from where I'm located. Probably wouldn't make the drive for regular play, but if you happen to hold any events in the near future, I could make it work. I've mentioned it a few places around here and some of the discord servers, but we're entertaining the idea of holding something of a "large" event (around the Parkersburg area). To constitute a "large" event, I'll want to take the time to put together a large enough prize pool. I'll want bladers to have the incentive to travel. We've got an outdoor (but covered) location, but no dates just yet.

I do plan to attend a few events to see how they are run, before holding my own. But, it is something that other bladers in the area should be aware of.

Edit: This hypothetical event WILL be a WBO event, for the record. I'm just working on my organizer status, currently.

Sadly NO events going on at the moment 😭😭😭

(Mar. 06, 2020  11:42 PM)Dacatman Wrote: Any tournaments in Huntington (in a good part of town if there even is one)?

If one of us gets up to Organizer status, maybe the YMCA in Teays Valley would be a good spot. Halfway between Charleston and Huntington and im already YMCA affiliated.

Something to think about after quarantine
(Apr. 06, 2020  2:01 AM)Phant0mM3nace Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2020  6:18 PM)Crashmk1 Wrote: It's around an hour from where I'm located. Probably wouldn't make the drive for regular play, but if you happen to hold any events in the near future, I could make it work. I've mentioned it a few places around here and some of the discord servers, but we're entertaining the idea of holding something of a "large" event (around the Parkersburg area). To constitute a "large" event, I'll want to take the time to put together a large enough prize pool. I'll want bladers to have the incentive to travel. We've got an outdoor (but covered) location, but no dates just yet.

Sadly NO events going on at the moment 😭😭😭

Yeah, once things calm down, we're going to re-visit the idea.
Yeah, I don’t live in WV anymore but, we have some much family and friends up there. We go up there so much I bet I could get some time set aside to come to one.
Yes that is a very good idea and I am also YMCA affiliated.
So, I know a lot of people have been anticipating my Cincinnati tournament. So many, in fact, that my original cap of 24 is insufficient to hold everybody that wants to come, and I'm still getting the stray DM asking if they can get in or when it's going to be brought back. If it wasn't my first tournament I would've loved to open the doors to everyone, but as a first time tournament host I can't go over the cap of 24 under any circumstances.

Due to Corona though, my current location at Dayspring Church will not work very well as a host location due to the heavily indoor location and the small space I have to work with (as they sadly didn't let me use the gym first time around). As a result I plan on using one of several local parks instead, which provides me with two benefits:

1: Hosting at a park allows people to socially distance more easily around whatever shelter it'll take place in, keeping people safer overall and making it more likely to get the go-ahead green light than an indoor venue.
2: By hosting my first tournament outside of Dayspring Church I can then appeal to the church to get a larger number of people in (once it's safe to do so), which in turn allows me to increase the participant cap, advertise on the church billboards, weekly notices, emails, e.t.c., and just generally open up the doors of the tournament to the people at the church.
------(on that note, as far as I know not a single Dayspring Church family originally signed up for my tournament there, as I never got the chance to advertise to the church itself by the time the participant cap was reached. Hosting elsewhere and advertising it there could draw more people into the WBO from the church, as I know several families there do blade, which means more competitors and fun for all!)

To make this work smoothly I'd love it if I could get suggestions on good parks to host this at in the area, and if anyone knows how to reserve a park space any help on that front would be immensely helpful in getting this going sooner rather than later. I've also considered, rather reluctantly due to the DMs of people that really want to battle in the area but were late to the signup list, of reducing the participant cap to reduce the overall number of people there for safety reasons. If I do so, it'll likely be to a nice round number like 16, though I'm not set on this yet if I can find a large enough park shelter.
Looking for anyone to play with in the Akron area!

DeceasedCrab, if you're lurking, sorry I couldn't find the search function prior to today. It would help if this forum wasn't backwards compared to many others and everything was laid out with an intuitive UI. And there was no reason for you to speak to me like you did, you neckbeard warrior.
Hello everyone.  I wanted to know if there are any Bladers in the Ohio area.  I'm looking to start a group and hopefully some tournaments eventually.
(Sep. 25, 2020  5:52 AM)Tyrushi Wrote: Hello everyone.  I wanted to know if there are any Bladers in the Ohio area.  I'm looking to start a group and hopefully some tournaments eventually.

Well, you've posted in the right place. I'm still looking to get a spot here in the Cincinnati corner of the state, though I have yet to get the time required to buckle down and rent an outdoor location from the city yet. Work's been running me ragged, and Corona's been causing me no shortness of headaches towards getting something going.

I will say that pre-Corona we were preparing for a grand ol' time. I'm talking the tournament was full and I was still getting PMs asking if they could squeeze in anyways (And I'm still getting PMs about it, especially from one guy. Over. And over). Heck, my church (where it was originally going to be hosted) was even getting phone calls about whether it was available for more people or not, and I never gave out their phone number. People had to look that up to make those calls, which impresses me. That's some good Cincinnati drive there.