[North East, UK] Beydays Event. Nothern Brawl @ Moving Image 28/05/11

on
Hosted by
  Newt
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Northern Brawl @ Moving Image

Date: Saturday 28th May 2011 ( 28/05/11)
Time: 12pm

Venue: NEW VENUE Loacted at Moving Image Toys in North Shields.

Please note that the venue is no longer in Newcastle town centre. It is now located in North Shields. For anybody unfamiliar with the Tyne & Wear metro system you will need to buy a 3 zone ticket and travel towards the coast from Monument station this journey takes 20minutes.

Address:
MOVING IMAGE TOYS
52A NILE STREET
NORTH SHIELDS
TYNE & WEAR
NE29 0BG

Directions from North Shields Metro
[Image: directionsz.th.jpg]
If you are Traveling via Metro the venue is really easy to get to. When you walk out of the station turn left and walk up the street. The shop is on the left hand side opposite the post office. It only takes a minute.

Entry Fee:
Without Passport £4 (Extra £1 for venue rental)
Passport £1 (Extra £1 for venue rental)

Prizes: Mystery Takara Import Bey + Hasbro stadium to be given out
Prize is a mystery and will be unveiled at the tourney.

Atendees:
Myself
Scurry
Black_Rose
Trace Kaiser
Spoonigan

poseidon
omre94
theblayder
kaiser

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Just posting as I've changed my forum name, so if you could change my name in the OP to avoid any confusion haha -anyway, I'll be bringing my attack stadium again.
(May. 18, 2011  8:59 AM)poseidon Wrote: Didn't Joe blader say he's coming
Yeah but he has 3 post and no specified location. He's probably 12 years old and lives in London. I just don't like to add people who I really dont think will show.The people on the list highlighted in black are the people that have attended every event I have done. So theres the reliable attendance.

(May. 18, 2011  12:49 PM)omre94 Wrote: Just posting as I've changed my forum name, so if you could change my name in the OP to avoid any confusion haha -anyway, I'll be bringing my attack stadium again.

You change your username too much xD
One week till crunch time folks and the stadium gaurd is nearlly finished all that I need to do now is paint it then attach the cable ties.
carp, I better get practicing again!

Unless we can have some practice during the event too :p
I can bring my L-Drago stadium to mess about in if need be?
(May. 22, 2011  6:23 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: carp, I better get practicing again!

Unless we can have some practice during the event too :p
I can bring my L-Drago stadium to mess about in if need be?

Should be enough time to practice. And i think quite a few people are bringing stadiums so you won't have to lug yours around bud Smile
Sweeet ;D
Looking forward to this! It'd be lovely if we could get them running fairly regularly Grin
yay but plz do one in haddington and i'll help becuse i own a beyblade club their
(May. 23, 2011  9:38 AM)wolfbane Wrote: yay but plz do one in haddington and i'll help becuse i own a beyblade club their

If this is Haddington in Scotland I think it will be to far for us to travel, the cost of petrol or even train tickets is rediculous. Your best bet would be to host it yourself since you have a club there must be a good number of people who attend.
(May. 23, 2011  12:27 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Sweeet ;D
Looking forward to this! It'd be lovely if we could get them running fairly regularly Grin

If thise one goes well im sure Alex wouldn't object.

(May. 23, 2011  11:17 AM)Black_Rose Wrote:
(May. 23, 2011  9:38 AM)wolfbane Wrote: yay but plz do one in haddington and i'll help becuse i own a beyblade club their

If this is Haddington in Scotland I think it will be to far for us to travel, the cost of petrol or even train tickets is rediculous. Your best bet would be to host it yourself since you have a club there must be a good number of people who attend.

That and why do people assume that im going to do tourneys on their doorstep. Its you come to my touney not me and my tourney come to you.
2 Days left guys and I have the stadium guard complete and it will be premierd on Saturday and despite how it looks the thing was a pain in the carp to put together.
nice ; on a tight schedual (ASA this is finisheded getting the metro home quick and going to a party thats starts at 2 i live in M'bro so thats 30 minutes (ish) nnnext day going for another so i think itll be decent as long as it goes on for around an hour and abit
Oh god, i might not be able to come, ill find out my either tonight or tommorow. Seeing as i have fractured my ankle.
(May. 26, 2011  8:16 PM)poseidon Wrote: nice ; on a tight schedual (ASA this is finisheded getting the metro home quick and going to a party thats starts at 2 i live in M'bro so thats 30 minutes (ish) nnnext day going for another so i think itll be decent as long as it goes on for around an hour and abit

Depends on the number of entrants bud. If you and omre both bring attack stadiums it will help do the tourney quicker. However if you do well and get to a final its obviously gonna take longer.

Best case scenario we get 2 blocks 2 attack stadiums and we can have it all done in just over an hour.

(May. 26, 2011  8:19 PM)TheBlayder Wrote: Oh god, i might not be able to come, ill find out my either tonight or tommorow. Seeing as i have fractured my ankle.

Theres plenty of seats and tables in the venue for you to sit down on if your finding it hard to walk or stand up. Anyways fingers crossed and I hope you can still make it.
All packed and ready for tomorow, unfortunately I havn't had time this week to paint the stadiu
gaurd sinc I've been busy with recruitment agencies and job interviews this week. I'll see if I have enough time tomorow to give it a quick coat but expect just one plain colour all over if I get around to it in the morning. See you all there btw you all might want to check if the metros are running with the construction still happening.
http://www.nexus.org.uk/metro

According to the site, there's no disruptions this bank holiday weekend! Which is good Grin

Oh man, I've barely bladed since the last tournament Lips_sealed Hahah
just found a really easy way to make pairings for a round robin tourney so reguardless of turnout tomorrow ill be very prepared to deal with it if im given 10 minutes to write it all out Smile
Looking forward to it, like I said I'll bring my stadium, hope we get a decent turnout and it goes as well as last time : p See you guys there
(May. 28, 2011  1:03 AM)omre94 Wrote: Looking forward to it, like I said I'll bring my stadium, hope we get a decent turnout and it goes as well as last time : p See you guys there

the venue pulls a lot of yu gi oh players perhaps we could coax them into playing beyblade for the day Smile
Tournament is over and I went 10-2 today which is a pretty sweet record and placed 4th over all. I'll type up a little report later on tonight and I have to say the stadium gaurs was a huge sucess.
I also went 10-2 haha, great tournament, bigger turnout than I expected and hopefully we'll get a lot more done over the summer.
Oh man I sucked today! Hahaha. Gotta get some new blades :p

Tournament was great fun though! I'll post a couple of the photos I took on my 3DS in a bit :3
Northern Brawl - 28/05/2011

I started my prep on Friday night by picking my customs and packing the stadium guard and other materials to finish set up at the shop in the morning. My original plan was just to take one really bad custom and roll through the rest of the day but I decided against it and instead I chose to bring these four titans of terror.

Dark Bull C145WB

Storm Pegasus 145RF

Flame Sagittario 105D

Rock Leon 105B

I barley slept on the Friday night due to weird dreams and the fact I was constantly tossing and turning and it didn’t help that I could hear both my niece and nephew running up and down the stairs at half six this morning. So after trying to get back to sleep for the better part of two hours and failing horribly because of the screaming match always happening between the kids I decided I had enough and told the pair of them to cut it out get down stairs, this only stopped the screaming for about 5 minutes though. Eventually so I could get ready in peace I lock my bedroom door and then head to the kitchen for breakfast then it was back up stairs to scrub my teeth and shave my face because it felt like sand paper rubbed over broken glass.

A couple hours later I had enough of the screaming and it was time for me to leave for shields. For the past week or so the weather has been a total bi-polar so it could decide whether it wanted to rain or just have the sun out but fortunately the clouds didn’t open up at all. When I got to the shop a few people were already there and all I had to do was get set up and then we could begin pretty much bang on time but we waited on a couple people which had given time to write out match listings correctly.

As has become custom in this game defence and stamina customs ruled the day with attack having a very poor showing from what I had seen but more surprisingly lower track defence and stamina customs had the biggest showing today, I actually played against three Earth Eagle 85WD in a row which I found very slightly annoying but I dealt with it. By the end of the tournament I had used all combos but Pegasus because there was just no reason to though it would have made a nice looking paper weight.

About an hour later round robin was finished and I was 10 - 1 and feeling pretty good it was top 4 play off and I was paired against a guy I had beaten in round robin I went in confidant only to have my carp handed to me 3 - 0 if there ever was a buzz kill in history this was it. TK was devastated he didn’t make it into top brass but the guy Newt played after omere94 was dropping enough gravel from his draws to fill a fish tank. And when it was over Newt won the whole bag but decided to hand over its contents to the guy in second place and bless his little heart the kid actually looked like he was going to cry for a minute and he was genuinely sweating at the finish of it.

I stuck around after the tourny scoring some haribo from the guess the soundtrack contest that happened and more from one the owners because they didn’t like the cherries you get in the sour mix. After watching zombie shenanigans in the yugi tournament I left for home and battled against the wind and a bit of drizzle before coming home to fresh baked garlic bread covered in cheese and home made chips right next to them.

I had an awesome day ending 10 - 2 it’s a shame that I didn’t win the beyblade I could have used a new one without having to go up to tesco on Tuesday but I look forward to whenever the next one may be and it was cool seeing everybody again.
Whoops can' remember what i got lol.
I know lost quite a few at the begin and the won the rest(i beat newt in round robin ) and i at one time i kept drawing with some 6 or 7 times funny a hell
Shockin newt who won gave the prize to the guy who was second!!!
Come on posidon u can do it
Did anyone see me in da back ????