NFL Football

I hope you don't mind my bumping this DefStamina88 but only because I am "trapped" in Cow-patty-land and well, am kind of bummed out that the early game on TV this weekend is....*cringes* the Cow Molesters hosting the Steer-heads....eh....

To be honest, I have little interest in what has more or less (sadly) become the Numerous Felon League....what with all the carp anyway. I have to bake (or attempt to bake) Angel Food Cake tomorrow oh AND....I was planning on looking for discarded cans!

Serious though, I still sort of follow it all...but just brief glancing at the scores and standings at the most. Come to think of it, I hardly watch ANY sort of sports at all.
Fair warning, I advise you not to use the M word, its against the community rules. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just a well, fair warning I guess.

All I could say about NFL is this: Where is the Los Angeles team at?? I guess we'll never have a football team again. (Guess ill have to cling onto the Kings being Stanley Cup winners and the Dodgers possibly winning one of their own.) Come back to LA, Rams! (Or Raiders, if we want to look dumb.)
I totally see what Phoenix is saying. It is kind of getting ruined as each player in the league has been getting in trouble. Before, the problems were there, not a lot, but there. Enter the Ray Rice incident, and it has skyrocketed from there. That's pretty been causing this thread to die off...
Just saw this story on Facebook...Broncos are America's Team

Given my high school's mascot was the Bronco, it fills me with pride to be an American...
Surprised the pats didn't get a better rating :\.
(Oct. 16, 2014  7:44 PM)LEGION KING Wrote: Surprised the pats didn't get a better rating :\.
A lot of people still believe Belichek was cheating simply because he was a scape goat for the NFL
(Oct. 19, 2014  6:56 AM)PhoenixStar Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2014  7:44 PM)LEGION KING Wrote: Surprised the pats didn't get a better rating :\.
A lot of people still believe Belichek was cheating simply because he was a scape goat for the NFL

Wut. What's a scape goat?
Google is your friend.

A scape goat is someone that people put all the blame on, whether or not they actually deserve it. If you read Animal Farm, Snowball was a scapegoat. He did nothing wrong, but Napolean made everyone believe that the problems were his fault.
Oh, I thought it was auto correct.
Quite a few high scoring games today, 23-44 saints win, 23-43 buffalo win, 34-51 Pittsburg win, 23-51 New England win.
For the district the panthers and saints are in; Panthers are 3-4-1 and saints are 3-4, which one is #1 in district? Or are they tied?
(Oct. 27, 2014  4:41 AM)Echizen Wrote: For the district the panthers and saints are in; Panthers are 3-4-1 and saints are 3-4, which one is #1 in district? Or are they tied?

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Panthers. I think it's because they're division record is 1-0, while ours is 1-1.
No... It's simply because their record is better. The Saints have played one less game, meaning the outcome is unknown. A tie is greater than a loss which is still an option for the saints putting the Panthers ahead of them.
(Oct. 27, 2014  5:38 AM)Time Wrote: No... It's simply because their record is better. The Saints have played one less game, meaning the outcome is unknown. A tie is greater than a loss which is still an option for the saints putting the Panthers ahead of them.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, it always confused me.

Next weeks game is gonna be pretty important then.
Blah... Saints are on a losing streak...

I wouldn't be surprised if Indianapolis and Dallas/Philly/Arizona made to the Super Bowl.
I think that New Orleans may break .500 this season, and the NFC South is bad already (4-6 is the highest in there!), and hey, at least you're not Oakland...

Still too early for bold decisions, but Arizona and New England are going for sure. I see Philly going too. They're strong at home. On the road is their struggle.
I find it fairly comedic that kids in my school haven't got the memo that the Raiders are in Oakland, not Los Angeles. I even asked a few if the Rams came to LA, they'd still wear Raiders stuff. And for what? They've won one out of eleven games (as of today) and the kids at my school went wild. If Bo Jackson was still in the Raiders, then they'd have a reason to celebrate. (Yes, I know who Bo Jackson is, mainly because he played in the KC Royals in MLB)
(Nov. 23, 2014  1:07 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I think that New Orleans may break .500 this season, and the NFC South is bad already (4-6 is the highest in there!), and hey, at least you're not Oakland...

Still too early for bold decisions, but Arizona and New England are going for sure. I see Philly going too. They're strong at home. On the road is their struggle.

Worst in the nfl this year... Oh well, atleast we don't have to worry about Tampa Bay taking the lead Tongue_out.

About New England, what's new? They make it almost every year. That's Brady and Gronkowski for yah.
It's not only that New England is good. The AFC is kinda weak overall. Denver is probably the team that comes closest to the Pats. Balti's up there, but they lose close ones (that is, when they're not blowing out others). Indy's good, but honestly, Luck seems like the only consistent person there, and despite Cincy's good record, they only have a +3 points differential (Hell, New Orleans is 4-6 and they have +9!), meaning all matches are close, basically.

If you look at the NFC, you have Green Bay, Arizona, San Fran, Seattle. Many teams battle up there. AFC's a group where an under .500 team has a chance for the wild card. The AFC north is very close, sure, but I would think the NFC's higher ups would trample the AFC's (Note: An NFC team has won 5 of the last 7 superbowls, and may we also not forget that streak from '85 to '97 where the NFC won every bowl).
Saints vs Steelers: I'm happy the saints won and stuff (probably wouldn't have been possible if Junior gallette's hand hadn't hit with rothelburger's hand and messed it up trying to block the ball, he was obviously off ) , but letting pittsburg get to 32 points because the saints wouldnt pass the ball in the last few minutes got on my nerves. Like they ran the ball with Ingram, were brought to 4th down and had to punt in the last 2 saint drives...

Falcons vs Cardinals: wuuuutttttttt. Didn't see the game but I'm sitting here wondering how the best team in the NFC (currently) got beat by a 4-7 team (now 5-7). Seems like when the saints lose, they lose & when the saints win, they win. Atleast there going up against the packers next week, which should be rough for them.

Rams vs. Raiders: Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Panthers and Viking: those punt blocks though.
So Denver beats KC again, Green Bay fends off New England, and the one time Manziel starts, he's blown out by Buffalo (I'll take any opportunity to see Johnny Foolball lose).

How about San Diego beating Balti? Awesome!
I have never seen the Saints play as bad as they did today... There were 2 turn overs on there first 3 plays...

The only interesting parts was that huge fight XD. Williams on the Carolina side actually got kicked of the game...

Final score: 41-10. It's not too bad though, since I'm expecting the Falcobs to lose to the packers.

EDiT: me and defstamina88 are the only people that actively post here.

Anyways, how on earth Did the Oakland Raiders Beat the San Francisco 49ers?!
Because Carr is Raw when the rest of his team actually helps him out.

Saints can trash this season after 41-10 to Carolina. Steelers wrecked Cincy (25 in the 4th? talk about bad defense). Bills gave Denver a fight, gotta say, especially with 2 TD's in the 4th to close the gap.

Green Bay's gonna take it over Atlanta. Green Bay is closing well, 4 in a row, game is at home (where they are undefeated this season). At this point, I think Atlanta's running into a future playoff team.

Next week's got my eye. NFC Championship rematch between the 9'ers and Hawks.
I was waiting for your weekend analysis XD.

The NFC south is gonna be tight this year, at this point it's not whose best, it's who sucks less. Falcons have a pretty tough schedule with Pittburg, and Green Bay to go against. panthers have the Browns
And Atlanta they have to worry about. Saints probably have the easiest with Chicago, And Atlanta as the main threats.

I still think there's a big chance it's gonna be Indy vs Arizona this year. But there's always the possibility of Denver and New England.
Usually each season nowadays, You can see Denver and New England no contest headed to the playoffs.

With Green Bay's win (despite a margin of six to Atlanta) they should get a spot too. Indy should be good. Philly and Dallas close in the NFC East. AFC North is rough. All .500 teams there.

Also, unrelated, but my college (West Virginia) is in a bowl game with Texas A&M. Oh boy.