NFL Football

So Carolina upsets Arizona. Honestly, I expected it. Arizona flops when it matters and Carolina picks their game up. Newton wasn't stellar, but he got the job done, and in return, he got his first playoff victory. I love it.
The Carolina Defence took the show. Sure the offense was good, but the Defense stopped that Foster-Fitzgerald offense (look at those yardage stats...) really effectively.

Looks like Baltimore is advancing :\. Pittsburg offense was really disappointing ...
Lovin it. Even as wild cards, Balti knows how to play like top seeders. This a performance Balti needed for a boost, and they got it.
Steelers just couldn't pull off those 4th quarter 3rd down conversions when they needed it most. They probably would have has a good chance of winning if they had, with all those chances they got in the 4th quarter.

Today I'm going for Indy and Detroit.
Same. Dallas doesn't have what it takes to make a run right now, especially with how violent Suh is. Stafford is also a very smart QB. I expect him to do some great stuff. I say Suh hurts Romo, Romo is forced to leave and Detroit wins 34-6.

Indy will win just because they will play better than Cincy, not because Cincy does bad. Dalton throws 2 TD passes and 2 Ints. Luck with 3 and 2. 27-18, Go Colts.
Stafford seemed to get creamed physically today :\, not just the sacks but the hits after he threw too.

I'm really disappointed over that Dallas win, they didn't lead the whole game and then when they did, they held on. Those Detroit fumbles didn't help either... I guess the Lions will continue their postseason losing streak.

Seems like we'll have the usual contenders for superbowl spots, the four big ones (Green Bay, Denver, Seattle and New England.

Green Bay vs Dallas: GB beats Dallas by around 14 pts.
Balti vs New England: NE wins by last minute FG.
Indy Vs Denver: Denver takes it with last minute FG.
Carolina Vs Seattle: Seattle shuts CAR down...
What in the world, happened, Detroit? You disappoint me. I mean, I hate New England a lot, but at least they contend every year. I hate Dallas and they never make it, but now they made it past a round. Romo's got complaints for everything and Bryant's got an ego so big it'd cover the surface of Russia. Down with the boys!

Ah, the sweet Indy-Denver match. My most anticipated one. The field that pits Luck against Manning. I still see Denver pulling this one out. Low scorer, 14-7, but I see a Denver win.

Honestly, New England could swamp Balti if it wasn't for Flacco. He can make things happen. Still, Brady's got the better team. 28-17 New England.

Carolina-Seattle's got me thinking. Seattle had to make a huge comeback to return to the playoffs, and despite Carolina going 7-8-1, they put up one hell of a game against Atlanta. Still, Sherman's ego continues to grow as he blocks a game-tying touchdown. 21-15 Seattle.

Finally, Green Bay and Dallas at Lambeau, where Green Bay is undefeated this season. Rodgers came back from Suh's stomp and wrecked the game. I'm hoping Green Bay does it again, but I'm worried that they'll have their flop this game. I hope Gb wins, but I predict a game winning FG in favor of Dallas, 17-14.
Looks like Los Angeles may get an NFL team after all. There are plans of the St Louis Rams to move back to LA. That kinda sucks for gangstas that want the Raiders back in LA, but finally we'll have every major sport in one city. (NHL, NBA, MLB, now possibly NFL.) One problem: The stadium might be built in Inglewood, CA. That's a neighborhood you're prone to getting shot for any reason. It's a horrible area, looks kinda post-apocalyptic.
Why would they want the Raiders? LOL
Bro, I grew up in a gang neighborhood where wearing Raiders/Lakers/Dodgers clothing showed that you were in the (should I mention the gang name?) I guess they like Raiders for the black/silver color scheme. I'm sorta off topic, at least you know I lived in (and still do) live in a bad area.
Oh...

(Jan. 05, 2015  7:50 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Looks like Los Angeles may get an NFL team after all. There are plans of the St Louis Rams to move back to LA. That kinda sucks for gangstas that want the Raiders back in LA, but finally we'll have every major sport in one city. (NHL, NBA, MLB, now possibly NFL.) One problem: The stadium might be built in Inglewood, CA. That's a neighborhood you're prone to getting shot for any reason. It's a horrible area, looks kinda post-apocalyptic.
And you guys have the LA Galaxy (MLS) Grin

I wish my state had an MLS team...
So Odell Beckham Jr. (aka the one-handed grab Giant) will replace an injured Calvin Johnson in the Pro Bowl. Honestly, don't think it was the best choice. I mean yes, it was a good play he made. It was the #1 play of 2014 for crying out loud, but do I think he has the overall talent to be good in this game? Heck naw. I say he just flops and doesn't show us anything.
Whhhhaaaaaaaaaat. Yasssss yaasssssss yassss LSU represent.

I have seen some pretty impressive plays from him, he's got a future. I'm surprised they let a rookie in though. Plus, he's kinda already a fan favorite.
He was a nobody up until that catch. I still don't think he has what it takes to perform at the levels of these professionals...

In other news, Rodgers doesn't have a strain; he has a tear. Despite this, Rodgers will still be starting against Dallas. Gonna be fun, fun fun.
(Jan. 08, 2015  9:27 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: He was a nobody up until that catch. I still don't think he has what it takes to perform at the levels of these professionals...

In other news, Rodgers doesn't have a strain; he has a tear. Despite this, Rodgers will still be starting against Dallas. Gonna be fun, fun fun.
we'll have to see It is a mystery

Ouch. I hope they don't bring a backup QB in halfway through... Romo isn't in the best shape of his carreer either, so It's gonna be interesting.
New England vs Baltimore: what a game. WHAT A GAME .
That last play was crazy. The defensive line was only 3 guys (almost got a sack too) and almost everyone was in the inzone when that ball came down.

35-31 Patriot win.
As I expected. A lot closer than I thought. I tell ya, Ravens can play when they need to. I love it. Seahawks winning is no surprise after that close halftime score. They tore it up. GB-Dallas and Indy-Denver today Love it.
Man the ravens lost I CANT BELIVE THAT HAPPENED!!!!! So bad but so close I wanted them to win but New England Patriots won in the end😭😭😭.
How about that GB vs DAL game. Pretty good.

Didn't see the game but I'm so happy Indy won!!!
Packers won and Cowboys fans are pissed do to one call. Was still a great game
It was a good reversal, that ball was jiggling and bouncing when he came down.
Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, postseason Peyton. Yet again one of his worst performances of his career, although still not as bad as 84-3, but still, postseason Peyton is just in a huge slump.

I'm glad the Cowboys lost. I've never liked the homeboys. Everybody's so committed to them and I love it when they lose to see the reactions of the fans when they lose. It gets crazy. They really care about the Boys, to the point where I've seen them pick all Dallas players for fantasy football. Ridiculous. Drop your ten-gallon hat, Boys fans. Find some other bandwagon to jump on (except Richard Sherman's. He's got an ego bigger than Texas itself).

In other things, I'm happy Green Bay won. Rodgers is good, and better at Lambeau. Looking forward to division championsips.
Mother of cheesecake... I left the room where i was watching the game around 5:00 of the 4th quarter thinking GB had a confirmed win (19-7). I come back look it up and Seattle won in OT. How the heck...

I'm done. I'm seriously done.

PS: I nominated Crosby for MVP of the game for GB. He went 5/5 for FG, a couple from almost 50 yards.
I can't even. I had a panic attack. I hate the NFL's OT rules.

bye
I went into this game thinking Seattle would do something big, but not this big...

This was honestly in part of the OT making basically first score wins. Of course, Green Bay did choke yet again by giving up 15 points in an eighth of the game. Once again a second half choke for the Packers.

Now honestly, I think they're gonna run into the Pats. Not because they're up 17-7 with the 2nd half to go, but Indy gives up way too many runs. They gave up 4 each to the same 2 guys for 2 straight seasons. Defense at crunch time is bad for them. Brady oughta have a good game on the road to the Bowl.

I'm just glad Sherman's mouth is zipped thanks to his hand injury, where I hope he pulls a Lebron James and sits out the whole time for something that should take a week to heal up.