[NC / VA, USA] Kusanagi (Invite Only Team) {Read Original Post Before You Post}

Usually people that often go to tournaments that are new to the game and don't have many parts. Although we still look for a lot potential in them. Like if I were to know a friend from school that happens to like Beyblade, but has never been to a tournament and is new to the meta-game, etc. I could recruit him as a student. Neighbors, frequent tournament goers, and friends in general (that like Beyblade and want to be more involved in the competitive aspects of the game) are eligible for being students/apprentices.
(May. 31, 2012  2:38 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: So if I enter the tournament and do good will I be a novice?
No, it's definitely not that easy, not by a little.

Update: I don't know how the (Invite only) part got deleted from the thread title, but I put it back in.
Hey guys, any thoughts on putting smallfry9730 in as an apprentice or novice? I've seen him play, and looking at his stats, he has been very close in placing, pretty much ever since Blader Jam 3.0 (with a few exceptions). He was even the first out of me, EL7, and himself to beat Dark (Super Special Awesome Holibey Tournament Thing anyone?) I think the only thing he needs to work on is his temper, and I have that taken care of. He has the ability to become elite, just not now. What do we think?
(May. 31, 2012  11:24 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Hey guys, any thoughts on putting smallfry9730 in as an apprentice or novice? I've seen him play, and looking at his stats, he has been very close in placing, pretty much ever since Blader Jam 3.0 (with a few exceptions). He was even the first out of me, EL7, and himself to beat Dark (Super Special Awesome Holibey Tournament Thing anyone?) I think the only thing he needs to work on is his temper, and I have that taken care of. He has the ability to become elite, just not now. What do we think?
I'm ok with having him as an apprentice/student. And I do agree that he has potential.
Sweet. Wonder what Dark and Ziro think...
I've been aaying that about smallfry for a while honestly
So, we adding him on? If so, as an apprentice or novice?
(May. 31, 2012  12:53 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: So, we adding him on? If so, as an apprentice or novice?
Apprentice, until he places in a tournament. Exactly as I did with Gavin.

(Jun. 01, 2012  1:05 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Would I still be able to be a apprentice sometime even if I have a lot of parts because Hitsugiya said "Usually people that often go to tournaments that are new to the game and don't have many parts"?
We'll see, we'd like to meet you in a tournament first also to see how much potential you have. Even after that, the team has to come up with a unanimous decision (excluding g1998man and 10 Below) of whether to let you in or not. Also, all our members are required to be in the positives of the BeyPoint ranking (over 1000 BeyPoints). Understand that only the best of North Carolina are Elites, the good, Novices, and the ones with potential to become Elites students. This is all in our eyes, meaning our opinion.
Having or showing the skill and capacity to develop into a skilled elite beyblader in the future.
The best thing to do is impress us. If you can top you will have my attention. Ill be honest, after everything i saw at crusade it will be hard to impress me. hah.

But seriously i think you can if you try.
(Jun. 01, 2012  1:58 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: The best thing to do is impress us. If you can top you will have my attention. Ill be honest, after everything i saw at crusade it will be hard to impress me. hah.

But seriously i think you can if you try.
Crow
Yeah, seriously try. I did not get here just battling. I was being watched by these guys, and I was allowed once I had placed a few times (and also my rank was skyrocketing). Because of this I entered the team as an Elite. However, you need to actually try a bit to get into the Elite...
(Jun. 01, 2012  2:51 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Yeah, seriously try. I did not get here just battling. I was being watched by these guys, and I was allowed once I had placed a few times (and also my rank was skyrocketing). Because of this I entered the team as an Elite. However, you need to actually try a bit to get into the Elite...
You make us sound like complete stalkers. The difference between us and stalkers is, we don't follow you home (most of the time).
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:10 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2012  2:51 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Yeah, seriously try. I did not get here just battling. I was being watched by these guys, and I was allowed once I had placed a few times (and also my rank was skyrocketing). Because of this I entered the team as an Elite. However, you need to actually try a bit to get into the Elite...
You make us sound like complete stalkers. The difference between us and stalkers is, we don't follow you home (most of the time).

XD I meant during competitive play, to see how I did, not in the general way, like, legit stalking... But yeah, sometimes they do follow me home, that is, if they know where they're going...
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:11 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:10 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:

XD I meant during competitive play, to see how I did, not in the general way, like, legit stalking... But yeah, sometimes they do follow me home, that is, if they know where they're going...
It's not like we're going to put someone ranked #44 at the time on the novice list.
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:14 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:11 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:10 AM)hitsugiya Wrote: You make us sound like complete stalkers. The difference between us and stalkers is, we don't follow you home (most of the time).

It's not like we're going to put someone ranked #44 at the time on the novice list.

Haha, of course!! Why wouldn't you?
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:17 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:14 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:11 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: XD I meant during competitive play, to see how I did, not in the general way, like, legit stalking... But yeah, sometimes they do follow me home, that is, if they know where they're going...

Haha, of course!! Why wouldn't you?
Because we're not that insane.
Maybe we should make a Gauntlet challenge. Someone has to face the entire team in a best of 5 match. We each use a different type. IE Attack, defense, stamina, balance. The challenger doesnt know which one we have. And they have 2 combos to choose from. And they fight us straight through no break or anything.
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:59 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Maybe we should make a Gauntlet challenge. Someone has to face the entire team in a best of 5 match. We each use a different type. IE Attack, defense, stamina, balance. The challenger doesnt know which one we have. And they have 2 combos to choose from. And they fight us straight through no break or anything.
Bravo Dark! Very good idea. How about to qualify you have to be at least ranked under #100. And if they were to successfully complete this challenge what status should they have on the team I personally think, novice?
(Jun. 01, 2012  4:06 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2012  3:59 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Maybe we should make a Gauntlet challenge. Someone has to face the entire team in a best of 5 match. We each use a different type. IE Attack, defense, stamina, balance. The challenger doesnt know which one we have. And they have 2 combos to choose from. And they fight us straight through no break or anything.
Bravo Dark! Very good idea. How about to qualify you have to be at least ranked under #100. And if they were to successfully complete this challenge what status should they have on the team I personally think, novice?

I think to be ranked Elite or what ever you need to be in top 100. But to join maybe not. To join you gotta Run the gauntlet. and impress us while running the gauntlet.

Crow