The Runaways
100.00%
Furret's Amazing Adventure Part 1
0%
Furret's Amazing Adventure Part 2
0%
Total: 100% 1 vote(s)
Hi Bladers!
My name is Naitrax. I write short stories but am not sure if they are good so I thought I might post them here and get some feedback. Ok, here goes:
The Owl of Ragon

It was a cold night, and the Twelve Guardians of Ragon stood at their posts, eyes fixed intently on the rapidly approaching swarm of Minerva’s ShadowDwellers, led by the shadow guardians Kiar and her assistant guardian Rarn. Ravage, the second eldest of the Twelve Guardians, was familiar with Kiar and Rarn: they were mortal enemies. A conch horn sounded in the distance, and all the LightFighters revealed themselves and shot towards the swarm. The Twelve Guardians, however, stayed put. They knew Minerva: she would distract them with a large force and send another force in to attack the little owlets. Suddenly there was an explosion of Dark Flame to the left of Dig. ‘Minerva’ said Helm as the dark owl herself stepped out of the flames. “Illusion” said Nyla. ‘How did you know?’ said a voice behind Nyla. Nyla turned to see the real Minerva standing no more that ten inches away from her. Nyla reached down to touch her grey feather and there was a metallic click as Nyla’s armour formed around her. The others did the same.

”Prepare for battle” yelled the commander of the LightFighters, Inso. The remaining LightFighters turned away from Kiar and Rarn who were quickly dying. One owl remained fighting Kiar and Rarn to the death. His name was Emer. After 6 seconds Rarn was down, plummeting towards earth from the Isle of Ragon. Kiar also fell to her death.
Nyla drew her dagger and led the Guardians into battle with Minerva. One strike here, one strike there, Minerva was just two quick for them. She parried a direct blow from Inkore, blocked Helm’s signature shot, and even dodged Nyla’s signature blow. ‘Impossible’ thought Nyla. ‘Even Minerva, however powerful she is, could not have dodged my signature blow.’ Then she realised her huge mistake. “PROTECT THE OWLETS!” Nyla yelled, turning and taking flight towards the Nursery of St Oni.

It was already too late by the time the Guardians reached the nursery. Minerva was knocking out the Nurses and heading towards the Owlets. “Prepare to leave Ragon forever!” Minerva screamed as she darted towards the Owlets Nursery, then, to everyone’s surprise, jumped clean through a solid wall. “Follow!” demanded Nyla, as the Guardians jumped through the wall and entered Ragoiea Shrine. Minerva was flying purposefully toward the shrine’s centre. In the centre there were two items: a crown of thorns and a golden feather inlaid with silver. Minerva picked up the crown of thorns and put it on to her head. Immediately purple flames engulfed Minerva. “I can finally resume my true form!” screamed Minerva. “Grab the golden feather, Nyla” said a voice in her head. She leaped forward and grabbed the feather and a golden flash enveloped her. And just like normal, there was a metallic click and Nyla’s armour transformed into golden flames. One quick slash of her dagger (now golden) sent Minerva straight to Hell. “It is done.” said Nyla, taking post as the leader of Ragon.

NOTE: All stories in this thread are copyright of me, Mitchell Wood, also known to you WBO members as Naitrax. If stolen, charges will apply.
Nice story...but I think the characters need a little bit of intriduction..because I had a little bit of problem in understanding who Nyla and Minerva were...but overall a really great story.
your not suposed to know who they are until part 4: Birth of a Legend
Heres the list of planned parts:
Part 1: The Owl Of Ragon ^
Part 2: The Jade of Chaos ^
Part 3: The Crown of Thorns
Part 4: Birth of a Legend
Part 5: The Beginning of the End
Part 6: Farewell
^= already written
any way i am going to add a poll to see which of my stories i should post next
WHAT???i didnt see chapter 2.where IS IT???

p.s.really good job on the story
Hi.
Without further ado, i present the Jade of Chaos:

The Jade of Chaos

It was a sunny day in the Isle of Ragon, under the rule of the Twelfth Guardian, Nyla. The world was calm, but it was as if the Isle was holding its breath. Nyla stared out at the Nursery of St Oni, thinking of the Owlets she had saved from the wrath of Minerva. There was a knock on the solid gold door. “Come in.” she said. The door opened and in the doorway stood Nyla’s younger brother, Helm. He looked nervous, almost… almost scared. Helm said: “The Resistance has arrived, and leading them are our thought- to-be dead friends Kiar and Rarn.”
“No!” yelled Nyla, reaching down to touch her gold feather and there was a metallic click as Nyla’s golden armour formed around her. “Well Ravage is doing a good job holding them back and our LightFighters are fighting well.” said Helm. “Go and help, NOW!!!!” screamed Nyla. Then she used her new golden fire powers to teleport straight to the fight. Rarn was not as good as he used to be and Ravage killed him easily. Kiar was more of a fight. Nyla arrived just in time to see Ravage strike down Kiar. “Impossible” whispered Nyla. “The Resistance will revive Minerva!!!!” yelled a large barn owl. “The Jade will be ours!!!!!!” screeched another owl. Of course, there after the Jade of Chaos because it could revive Minerva!!!! Nyla thought. Suddenly there was an explosion near the Throne Room, as a huge battle owl broke through the wall carrying the Jade. “No!!!!!!!!!” yelled Nyla. Then the Jade exploded as purple flames spewed out of the jade, and Minerva stepped out of them. “Hello, my feathered friends. And farewell Nyla!” she said with an air of satisfaction.
Nice one...I will be waiting for chapter 4 though..that will make things more clearer for me
You know I won $50 for the Owl of Ragon
I won $25 for The Runaways
Here it is, My latest story, a small spin-off of my novel Primal Energy, i give you, The Calliar Mini-story!:

Calliar was asleep when the bandits attacked. He was not woken by the screams of his mum, but by the smell of hot mince pie. “Typical Calliar” his mum would say later. Calliar awoke and instantly jolted up by the sight of a black crow in his bedroom stealing his breakfast. “That’s my brekkie, Crow-boy! Get your own!” Calliar screamed as he ripped through the bag the crow was carrying. The crow cawed as he rushed into flight too fast and hit his head on the door. “Strike Three, You’re out cold!”Calliar muttered to himself as he rushed to help his mum. He entered the living room to a scene of utter chaos. His mum, the brave owl she was, was bashing a crow on the head with a lamp pole. Matron was screaming terrible songs about losing your brain and what not. Meanwhile crows were grabbing valuables and dropping them into plastic bags. His mum smashed the crow backwards in to the fireplace and an ear-splitting shriek came from the crow. The crows flew fast out the door, leaving the bags behind. “What just happened?” Calliar asked his mum. “They were bandits, dear.” Mum replied. “They tried to steal my mince pie, mum. They’re big meanies.” Calliar said. His mum chuckled. Calliar was so funny at times. “I want to bash their heads like you did, mum” Calliar said longingly. “That’s nice dear, no wait, it’s not nice dear” Mum whispered. “Can we have some more mince pies?” Calliar said enthusiastically.
The next day, Calliar woke again from his first nightmare. He had dreamed of the bandit pushing mum into the fire. He dreamed this same dream for a period of three weeks.
A few weeks later, Calliar decided to go for a stroll in Caine Forest with his mentor, Aran. They chose the day pass. Ever since they had found the old soldier Lerin in the forest, almost mortally wounded, the security had been bumped up from level 1: Least Concern, to Level 5: Extreme Day-Night Guarding. They started in Maran’s Pavilion, and walked all the way to Zerek’s Gate. Then from Zerek’s Gate to Basil’s Tower. While passing through Basil’s Tower, they were under guard by the U.E.F (Ultimate Elite Forces). They claimed this was the place where they found Lerin’s body lying in the middle of floor 2. The day was over all too soon. That night, Calliar ate dinner at Aran’s house. They ate Nutberry Cake and Prune Rolls. Calliar returned to his house with a full stomach. He slept well that night, and just as well, because he would need rest for what would happen tomorrow.
Im in a good mood, so here is the Runaways:

It was around 5:30 pm in Paris, and I, Niccolo Machiavelli, an 11-year old boy, was standing in the courtyard of the crowded Sacre-Coeur Basilica. “Monsieur Machiavelli, est-ce que je peux vous voir ici ?” (Mr Machiavelli, may I see you over here?) A 10-year old child asked me in French. “What do you want, Dagon?” I replied, irritated. I was enjoying the amazing view of the cathedral. This was the rendezvous point for the 3 brothers’s (Niccolo, Dagon and Thomas) runaway operation. They planned to run away from Paris to the airport, take a flight to London, and then work out the rest from there. “ We have finished packing for our little er… trip.” Dagon said, calmly. My irritated look immediately faded and was replaced with a smug smile. “Where is Thomas?” I asked, curiously. “ Over by the taxi, with our luggage, oh and before you ask I did remember to pack our laptops.” Dagon replied, a smile spreading across his face. He was always looking for a chance to impress his older brother. “Well lets go then” I replied.

It was 6 o’clock when we arrived at Charles de Gaulle International Airport. We got out of the taxi and bought 3 tickets on the next flight to London. Within 2 hours we were boarding the plane. We chose Emirates flights because they were cheapest. “I always dreamed of going to London, but I always thought we would go on Mummy’s private jet, Typhoon.” remarked Thomas. “Uh yeah…” I replied. My mind was somewhere else. It was on the weird sounds coming from the cockpit. I decided to go check it out. Oh my gods. Hijackers!!!! I thought. Inside the cockpit there was one man in black holding a rifle, while the pilot and co-pilot were knocked out on the floor. I said “Look there is an elephant!” and the dude looked and I grabbed his gun and shot him. My six years of pilot training came in handy, as I had to fly the plane all the way to London. Finally we arrived in London. And we were in for a big surprise. I had to explain to the police what had happened.

“Oh my Lord, London is BIG” whispered Dagon with a low whistle. After the traumatic events on the plane London was really calm. We were in a taxi on our way to the courtyard of Big Ben. We had just realised that our Mother had sent out SPY agents to hunt us down and bring us back to her. The reason we were heading to Big Ben is because Mum had e-mailed us to say that she would meet us there. “This would all work out fine” I reassured myself. “Oh Mummy I missed you!” I screamed as we arrived at the courtyard, scaring the living daylights out of some tourist passing by. Mum’s private helicopter was hovering inches above the ground and she was waiting in front of it, her dark brown hair flying in the winds made by the rotors. Her eyes were glimmering a shiny violet colour, wet with tears. “Mum!” we all yelled in unison. Next came her reply ”I missed you all!” I was biting back tears as we climbed in to the helicopter and began our long flight back to Paris.

So do you like them
great story...I only read the calliar mini story but that is good..keep writing more..I will read the other one too after my lunch
min if i comment on a few things?
firstly, man you are one talented kid. you can write such a great stories by combining certain elements in your story.

secondly, you need to be careful though on the details that you've been mention. sometime you need to be precise on the details. don't go around the bush then you get back to the same point. it is hard for the readers to understand what are you trying to state.

thirdly, i was searching for part three than i got a little bit confused because i thought that calliar mini story have to do with part three. then i notice that it is totally different. make sure that you finish your current story before creating/posting another one because the reader can get confuse.

lastly, you surely can write a pretty good story there. keep on develop your technique and be sure to not taking simple things lightly because if you do, that will surely destroys your story from within such as to many details no or less description. you have the potential to be a good writer. keep it man. i'll be waiting for the part three. congrats on your well written story. sincere from me. i'm sorry if there is things that i wrote is kind of harsh or something.

keep it up manEee
(May. 27, 2011  8:34 AM)peace Wrote: min if i comment on a few things?
firstly, man you are one talented kid. you can write such a great stories by combining certain elements in your story.

secondly, you need to be careful though on the details that you've been mention. sometime you need to be precise on the details. don't go around the bush then you get back to the same point. it is hard for the readers to understand what are you trying to state.

thirdly, i was searching for part three than i got a little bit confused because i thought that calliar mini story have to do with part three. then i notice that it is totally different. make sure that you finish your current story before creating/posting another one because the reader can get confuse.

lastly, you surely can write a pretty good story there. keep on develop your technique and be sure to not taking simple things lightly because if you do, that will surely destroys your story from within such as to many details no or less description. you have the potential to be a good writer. keep it man. i'll be waiting for the part three. congrats on your well written story. sincere from me. i'm sorry if there is things that i wrote is kind of harsh or something.

keep it up manEee

Its not harsh at all. Back to the point, I havent had any ideas for The Crown of Thorns yet.
well good if you think that it's not harsh. word of advice, you'll never know when will the idea will come be sure to always bring a small notepad in your pocket. that'll help you to jot down your idea because it's better when it's still fresh. good job man. can't wait for part 3 to come out. The title for part 3 is quite interesting.XD
nice stories man loved them when u write more of them just pm me

thanks in advance
I read the Runaways..that is good too..keep it up Grin
Here comes a new story:

Feren’s Diary
12:00 PM, 11-9-02, Isle of the Wolves, Madrigal Village
Dear Diary,
“Time to end this feud!” yelled the Madrigal Chieftain Loren. “For Mozart!” he then bellowed. “For Mozart!” screamed the villagers in unison. “Prepare. We have 24 hours before we attack. So be ready!” The villagers all shuffled off to prepare for battle. I was the last to leave. I left to go and read some books in Tellen’s Library. It was my favourite place. Later that day I went home and tried to fall asleep but to no avail.

05:00 AM, 12-9-02, Isle of the Wolves, Madrigal Village
Dear Diary,
They attacked at dawn. They came like monsters, appearing out of the night. Chieftain Loren didn’t stand a chance. I will never forget that day, the day I first watched a wolf die, but it would be the first of many. The evil Chief Assassin of the Kaylo Tribe tore his eyes out. Then, Cabalat the Cannibal ate his heart. Our tribe fell to the Kaylo Tribe. They killed my parents. I managed to escape into the forest, almost flying down the path. The world turned black as I fell down on the ground, miles away from the village.

07:00 PM, 28-2-03, Mergers Island, Caine Forest
Dear Diary,
This is my first entry in almost six months. I have grown much since The Event, as many are calling it. I have started a new life on Mergers Island. I am slowly recruiting wolves, owls, bears, and ravens to return and defeat the Kaylo Tribe on The Isle of the Wolves. We are calling ourselves The Madrigal Avengers. We have roughly around 252 members. Tomorrow, at the beginning of the new season, we will attack. Farewell, my friend as I will not have time to write for a while now.

11:00 AM, 15-3-03, Isle of the Wolves, Reclaimed Madrigal Village
Dear Diary,
We succeeded. We destroyed the Kaylo Tribe. It happened like this:
We crossed the Sundas Straight easily. We passed through the forest, and into the village. They didn’t see us coming. The Chief Assassin was unprepared. He fell to an owl. The owl was a small pygmy owl called Peiren. Ravens ate Cabalat the Cannibal. I killed the Chieftain with a quick claw to the head. And that was it. The Kaylo Wolves got out of there as soon as they heard their top three wolves were dead. We had won. We actually won. It felt so good to win.
And so it ended. We re-established the Madrigal Village, and we renamed the Isle of the Wolves the Isle of Unity.

08:00 PM, 9-7-03, Isle of Unity, Madrigal Village
Dear Diary,
Life is perfect. The village has reformed and made me their Chieftain. I now have a wife and two children, one boy and one girl. We are the happiest family in the world. And this is Feren, signing off for the last time. Farewell, my friends, and I wish you the best in your lives. Good-bye.

Do you like it
Furret’s Amazing Adventure Part 1 of 5
Chapter 1: Mum Missing
It was a normal day. A day like any other for Furret Treestump. He woke to his normal alarm noise (A wrecking ball going through a forest). He got up and had a normal freezing cold shower (while thinking that he should ask Mum to ring the plumber). He went to the kitchen for breakfast but found that Mum was not there. “Mum!!!!!!!!” he yelled. No reply. Then he noticed that there was a note on the fridge. It read: MY DEAR FURRET, I HAVE GONE TO......... The rest of the note is smudged and is unreadable. It was obviously written in a rush. “Hmmmmmm” thought Furret. “Maybe she was mumnapped!!” If she had been kidnapped, he would have to act fast. He picked up his pet ferret, Cindy, grabbed his rucksack and threw the essentials into it: water, some food, a flashlight, his spy kit & his decoder kit. He quickly got out of his school uniform and into his casual clothes. He and Cindy locked all the windows and doors and used his super-secret tunnel to get out. “See ya later house” he thought as he sprinted down the driveway and out into the street.
Chapter 2: Decoding
He pulled out the message that his mother had written when he reached External Lane. “Hmmm, maybe it is in code!!!” Furret exclaimed excitedly. Furret didn’t know that someone else had heard him. Someone who knew exactly where Mum was. And that person was going to stop him at all costs. Furret pulled out his decoder kit and flipped through booklet number 51 (Coded Messages & Decoding them) until he came to page 798. He looked at the Alphabetic Code and started to match up the letters to words. In the end he ended up with these letters RGEKSFCHUKE MLEI FURRET. Furret thought for a second then realised something: every second letter didn’t make sense. He took out some letters and was left with RESCUE ME FURRET. OK, it was time to go it was already 12:30 PM and he didn’t like the look of a shadow about to round the bend. He sprinted into the Excitement Corporation Building and typed in his code to the plant pot. When no one was looking the plant pot lifted up to reveal an elevator and Furret clambered in.
Chapter 3: The REVENGE
When the elevator stopped Furret crawled out and entered Treestump Fortress (a.k.a Furret’s top-secret high tech underground cavern with adjoining sea). He sprinted over to Lake Arc and walked into the submarine tunnel (sub tunnel). Inside the Sub Tunnel he started loading his equipment into his submarine, The REVENGE. The REVENGE was a large submarine painted a deep lapis colour with twin propeller engines and a small tree stump hatch. Furret opened the hatch and entered the submarine, turned on the engines and typed 45 Acrobat Way on the keyboard. 2 hours later he was at his destination.
Chapter 4: Secrets and Lies
Furret was thinking. Already 3:45PM and he didn’t have any leads for his quest.
Where to next? He thought. Then it struck him like lightning. “Go back to where it all started: Home!!!!!!!!!” he said. 10 minutes later he was at number 22 Poshwagon Street. Then in to the secret tunnel. Then to Mum’s room. Furret felt around in the back of Mum’s make-up draw and found a tiny little switch and he flicked it. There was a loud rumbling noise as the dresser moved back into the wall and another dresser came out. Furret opened the 2nd drawer on the dresser. Inside, the draw was lined with maroon leather pouches stuffed full of parchment and quills. There was also a large black box. Furret opened his rucksack and let Cindy out to do her favourite thing: pick locks. Later he read the piece of parchment that said: Items for the Crystal Quest:
One Lapis Lazuli sword inscribed with 32 golden squiggles
One blood red Ruby sword inscribed with 32 pitch-black lines
One violet Amethyst sword inscribed with 32 sky blue zigzags
One Star from the clutches of space
One Clock sword from the depths of time
And a scabbard for each of the swords to lay on the table that will release the hostage.
“She’s been keeping secrets and telling lies to me forever” whispered the son of the hostage.
Chapter 5: Lapis Lazuli
Furret raced through the front yard and up his treehouse ladder. He had an instinctive feeling that the Lapis sword was up here. He scanned the area and was not surprised to see a brown paper trail leading from a drawer. He flung open the drawer and ripped open the paper package. “What?” gasped Furret. Instead of finding the lapis stone he found a old wilting rose, a small obelisk, and a piece of ancient parchment. He read the heading of the parchment.
Prophecy
Two children of the ancient lords,
Shall combine to seek the ancient swords.
Cooperation plays its role,
Or let the children take its toll.
The flames may burn and shadows pass,
But never forget the sacred grass.
Accursed hands may creep from the edge,
The worlds fate lay behind a stone henge.
Two children from the ancient lords? Who were the ancient lords? He had so many questions that he didn’t notice the glint of lapis coming from his boxing bag. Then he noticed it. He pulled out the top leather. Inside was a large lapis sword. Yes! He had found the first sword! “Well done, Crystal’s child. You have served us well. Thank you for the first sword.” He whirled around to see 12 knights in armour as dark as the night. They rushed at him before he had time to think. His head hit the floor as he blacked out.

End Part 1
wow this r also nice naitrax
Nice ones...I liked the first one more though than the second one...maybe because the second one was too long?...anyways keep writing...and please do inform me if you write a new story..I am likely to forget
good story. the first one is like a journal type of story. i like it though. it is like a movie.

second one is good also...nice effort to explain everything in detail...
YES. Another real writer Smile. There are a lot of people on this site that just punch in a lot of dialogue, copy a character description and call it a 'story'. This was definitely not the case here. Yay!

I like the plot. It's very different and unique. Your flow is good, and your balance of dialogue to description is very even. I would suggest a little more character development, as in you should choose definitive character traits and lock them in for each character.
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:11 PM)peace Wrote:
good story. the first one is like a journal type of story. i like it though. it is like a movie.

Dude, Its called Feren's Diary
(Jun. 06, 2011  8:06 AM)Naitrax Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2011  2:11 PM)peace Wrote:

Dude, Its called Feren's Diary
that is why...hahah...when will you be uploading the next one...btw, does the the continuation of the first stories will be out?...if you need any help just pm me...i really glad to help though....
this stuff is really good... i wrote a book called the runaways and this has inspired me to continue it! thanks!
(Aug. 02, 2011  7:28 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote: this stuff is really good... i wrote a book called the runaways and this has inspired me to continue it! thanks!

I'm glad I could help you
And anyone who is interested got halfway thru a new story if u wanna hear way i got so far just post here
Halfway thru a new story:
The Bronze Bone

The pain was unbearable. The stab wound to the left of my heart was pouring blood down my chest. “Killed by your own weapon. Not a very good end for a hero, is it?” whispered the person in the shadows. You’ll meet him later. I suppose I should back it up a bit. My name is Neil Braves. I was a normal, adolescent teen, suffering from a bit of dyslexia, up until last week. Lets start back at the beginning, one Thursday, a week ago.
My class was doing Sport, and, for once, I was in the middle of the pack. Not up in the sprinters, or down in the slowpokes (where I usually was), but in the middle. Phew. Maybe my life was getting better. Then, suddenly one of the sprinters, Jason Dibble, took a fall and his ripped, six-packed body came flying at my legs. Drat. I tried jumping to the left, but his body slammed into me at a million kilometres an hour. You might think this is funny, but it isn’t, if you were in my position. You try getting a 13 year-old chunk of muscle thrown at your legs. Trust me, it’s not something to be laughed at. Anyway, back to my story. I hit the ground with a bang. My back felt like it was going to break as the middle pack ran over me. The coach ran over to me, yelling for the school nurse. “I’m fine coach, I really am.” I answered as he asked me if I was ok, then if I was sure. He still insisted that I go up to Sick Bay. The sprinters who had finished the race, like Luke, Kate, Josh, Hayley, Domenic, and Laura suppressed sniggers as I walked up past the big tree and headed back to the main area. As I walked past the library, I heard some strange noises coming from inside. And by strange, I mean dead cats singing opera. With the added bonus of Opera Winfrey. I poked my head inside and was greeted with the strangest sight of my life. And I’ve seen some strange things, living with a balcony overlooking an alleyway. What I saw was Mrs Kellie, our librarian, singing Rebecca Black’s hit single It’s Friday to our principal, Mr Liverbrain. I decided I would ignore it and continue on to the office building. When I walked past the Staff Room I saw my teacher, Mr Braxley, and he came over to talk to me. “What happened, Neil? Are you in trouble?” Mr Braxley asked. “No, I just got hit by a flying body, fell to the ground, and was trampled by the whole grade.” I replied. “Now Neil, be serious. What happened?” He said sternly. “ I’m telling the truth!” I yelled. I stomped off to hand my note to the nurse. She told me to go lie down on the bed in the third room. I asked how long I had to stay here. “Until someone comes to pick you up, dearie.” I frowned. Mum probably wouldn’t be here for another 2 hours. To add to the bad news, I would miss Science class. Well, at least I don’t have to do Maths.
A while later, maybe thirty minutes later, the nurse came in. “We just called your uncle. I forget what his name was. It rhymed with error. Ah, that was it – Uncle Resa.” That was weird, because I wasn’t aware I had an uncle named Resa. What kind of a name was that? Maybe it was a nickname he had acquired in high school. I heard they give everyone nicknames in high school. My mum’s nickname was ‘Wolfhound’ because she ran as fast as a wolf. I dreaded the day I would get a nickname. My thoughts changed to curiosity as the front door was flung open and a biker dude with a beanie came in. “I’m Neil’s uncle, Ares – I mean Fetta. Oh, whoops, I meant Resa.” He slapped himself on the forehead. “Neil, I’ve sent for your bag. It should be here in a minute. Why don’t you take a seat on the lounge over there?” She pointed to the lounge next to my bed. He strode over and sat down. “Hey, kid. I’m your uncle. Listen, my name isn’t really Resa. It’s Ares.” I stared at him. “Your named after a goat star sign?” I asked. “No, the war god from Greek Mythology.” He replied. After a long period of silence, he said: “You’re the son of a god. It might sound a little far-fetched, but it’s true. And I’m your uncle Ares.” I pulled out my Pocket Guide to Greek Myth and looked up ‘Ares’. Unlike most things at school, I actually liked Greek Mythology. “You’re not lying, are you?” He shook his head. “So I’m really a demigod?” He nodded. I jumped up and down with excitement. I had been hoping this would happen since I’d read the Percy Jackson books (though everyone doubted it would ever happen). “Oh yeah!” I was dancing for joy. “Neil, I have a surprise for you!” yelled the nurse from the front office. I froze. I could hear the flapping of leathery wings. I whirled around to see that where the nurse should have been, a 6-foot bat-lady hovered, talons outstretched and fangs bared.