[Mumbai, India] (07/04/11) Changing Gears [MFB+Plastics tournament]

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The time has come for India's first plastic+MFB tournament.
We're now changing gears and switching to plastics as well.

[Image: Untitled-1-1.gif]

So, for the details:

Venue: Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East
We are supposed to gather at location 'B' in the map.
Here is a zoomed image of Borivali east
[Image: NationalPark.png]

Time: The event will start by 10 a.m. However, since there are two tournaments in one, it may continue up to 3 o'clock. So, try to keep some snacks with you.

Entry fee: The exact entry fee depends on the dollar-rupee conversion on the day of tournament. However, the one time entry fee will be around Rs. 250 and the passport fee will be Rs. 500. I recommend you to purchase passport if you don't have one to avoid complications.

Confirmed attendees:
ashton pinto
christophermk
Janstarblast
N0body
nik1392
NitroNeo
Samith blader
samkul238

Unconfirmed:
yash pinto

Make sure that you have gone through all the rules before attending the event.

If you have any questions regarding the entry fee and passport fee, Read this. All the money collected during the event will be sent to the WBO.

Make sure that all of your beys are legal. If you are not sure about them being legal, you can ask in the Ask a question, get an answer! #2 or Plastics Q&A Thread respectively

Prizes are not yet decided.

Any changes to this list will be made accordingly.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Mar. 31, 2012  10:44 AM)BeyBlast Wrote: Hey I think Mumbai has very few bladers.There a 7 days to go and you are still stuck with 8 bladers.
The HYD torney is 15 days away and the limit of bladers is 16. We already have 14 bladers with 3 unconformed.

There was no reason to post this or double post. You shouldn't discourage people like that.

Anyways, Good Luck to everyone participating ! Wink
(Mar. 31, 2012  10:44 AM)BeyBlast Wrote: Hey I think Mumbai has very few bladers.There a 7 days to go and you are still stuck with 8 bladers.
The HYD torney is 15 days away and the limit of bladers is 16. We already have 14 bladers with 3 unconformed.

beyblast that's kind of rude ..... u just can't discourage as BS5 said even we might lose some bladers...
HOPE your tourney will be awesome!
hey guys i wont be able to make it to the tourney..... Unhappy because my ticket has not been booked and various other issues (packing is one of them Tongue_out)!
no MFB?
Add christophermk to the unconfirmed list.......
EDIT :: @ sam,put him on the confirmed list
Cool, 1 day to go
Yep, there's just 1 day to go, and after a brief dilemma which almost forced us to cancel the tourney, we are now all ready to go! Grin
All of a sudden, we were short of two members; but now N0body probably did something, and now that problem has been solved!

So, all of us are pretty excited, and ready for the first plastics tournament in India!
Lets hope that we enjoy plastics as much as we enjoy MFB, and also lets give our best and try to win!
Also, in an attempt to avoid the problems we had in our previous tournament, this time the parts checking would take some time...

Also guys, please do attend. Do not cancel your confirmation now, as its already too late; and any withdrawals now, would probably force us to cancel the tourney. Unhappy

So, all the best to the participants!
SAM,, christopher is coming, and it is final since he has confirmed with his parents and he is going to take a passport there itself
oh but he doesn't like talking alot so , you know it........ and he is in 8th STD
iam posting on his behalf because though having a PC his internet has problems..........
No problem.. I've added him to the list.. and my sister is also coming.

And I confirmed from Kai-V.. you have to get a passport anyway for the event because you would need $5 for each event.
All the best guys and may the best blader win. Good luck!
I just called N0body.
He said he's not doing to well.
Jan's at 3-3 and Nik is at the top.
Ok, so the tourneys have ended, and here are the placings-
Plastics-
1st, N0body
2nd ashton pinto
3rd Janstarblast

Mfb-
1st nik1392
2nd Christopher (ashton's friend)
3rd ashton pinto(?)

Wow, the tourney just ended, and I forgot the placings of the MFB tourney. :s
My memory is seriously weak.
But well, the plastic placings are accurate. Smile
I expected N0body to at least place in the MFB with Flash..
Well congrats to all the winners !
I expected N0body to win (LOL) in the Plastics division.
Oh, N0body's plastic combos were exceptional! Flash.......... Um, it always self-KOed, unfortunately.
Almost unbeatable to an extent (at least with the parts we all had, but well...)

As I remember the plastic winning combos-

N0body-
1. Uncustomized Driger V2

2. AR- Dragon Breaker
SAR- War Bear
WD- Wide Defense
SG- Neo Left (MG core)
BB- SG Metal Flat 2

3. AR- Flame Wing
WD- Wide Survivor
SG- Neo Left(?)
BB- Spiral Change Base

N0body used his Driger V2 very well in the qualifiers, and probably used the Flame Wing LAD combo only against me in the qualifiers. His Gaia Dragoon combo (nicknamed Grass Cutter) was a KILLER! Used even in the qualifiers, and even in the finals! Gosh, was this tough!
His Driger V2, whenever used, won without doubt. "Grass Cutter", had too much of recoil, and it did make SAM lose one match, I guess... His LAD combo (Flame Wing+SCB) was really dangerous! He used it against me, and after a 2-2 tie, I finally won!

Ashton-
Uncustomized Driger G, I guess...
Throughout the tourney, he has used a Driger G AR + First Clutch Base. So, it can be considered uncustomized. Smile
Seeing the amount of criticism EG beys face on this Forum, I was pretty much confident that defeating EG beys shall be easy... But well, Ashton seriously has some amazing skills!

Janstarblast-
Probably the most underdog combos, but well, it was an enthralling contest!

1. Uncustomized Driger V

2. AR- Sonic Tiger
WD- 10 Balance
SG- Neo Right (MG core)
BB- Volcano Change Base

Driger V uncustomized helped me get through the initial battles in the qualifiers, while the new combo I made gave me four consecutive wins, to get into the finals. In the finals though, this combo lost twice. Against ashton, I lost 3-1; while against N0body, it tied at 2-2 (2 wins, 2 losses, and 1 tie). And in the tie breaker, I mislaunched. Smile

Plastics is superbly fun, man! I don't even remember what happened in the MFB tourney, because this plastics battle was SO amazing! Grin
(Apr. 07, 2012  10:14 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Mfb-
1st nik1392
2nd Christopher (ashton's brother)
3rd ashton pinto(?)
i am not ashton's bro ........ i am his close friend..Stupid

Oh, sorry! All this while I thought you were his brother, because ashton had said that his brother might come. Smile
But well, his brother didn't attend... I just realized that his brother's username is yash pinto, and not Christophermk
So, I want to know what MFB combos were used. Do you remember Jan ?
it was lot fun at the tourney... we all enjoyed a lot,,
@ jaton, can you post the MFB combos
waiting for the HMS tourney
Eh, I don't remember the MFB combos, sadly...
Most were Earths, that is all I remember...
I used earth bull 100WD agaist christo's Earth horogium GB145WD and used MF Basalt bull W105RS agaist ashton's Diablo nemesis CH120HF....tourney was awsum!!i havnt expected to win in MFB and loose in plastics...infact i've expected opposite(loose in MFB n win in plastics)XD
Anyways it was realy fun to have both plastics n MFB...SmileWink
This means-
1st place- nik1392- Earth Bull 100WD/MF Basalt Bull W105RS
2nd place- Christopher- Diablo Nemesis CH120HF/Earth Horogium GB145WD/MLD LW105WD
3rd place- Ashton- Diablo Nemesis CH120HF/Earth Horogium AD145WD

Thanks for the combos, nik.
These combos have been confirmed with N0body. So yes, these are the placings, and the Winning combos of the MFB tourney!

As I said, too many Earths in there...
But man, I seriously want Diablo now...
nikil - earth bull 100WD, MF basalt bull W145 RS
christopher - Earth twister GB145 WD, MF meteo ldrago2 LW105WD
ashton - Earth gasher AD145 WD, MF diablo nemesis CH125 HF
sam used flash twister D125 RF & other some i think..
Jaton used Hell kerbecs BD145 WD/?...same with sam's sis (though not sure)
Not very sure about others
ashton- Only the combos used by the top three bladers have to be posted.
Don't post mine, Sam's, and Sam's sister's combos for now. Smile

Aaaand, I beat you to the update. Tongue_out
Well guys thanks for attending and making this event successful..
I lost badly in MFB but then there was plastics anyway for the win..
I hope no one has lost/damaged their parts during the event.
Special thanks to Janstarblast's parents for giving us some refreshments during the event..
And also to my grandfather because of whom I and my sister were able to attend(my father was about to cancel the event due to his meeting but thanks to my grandpa it wasnt cancelled).

The next event will be on beydays on Sunday(27th May I think..)
Pics and videos coming up soon