Minoboros Discussion

I hope I'm wrong to expect less.

Since Burst are light and don't have as good of a spin velocity as MFB, it might not last as long, but hopefully Heavy proves me wrong paired with Xtreme.
There's no way a rubber bottom could sucks in any format. On the worst case, you could always use it as a defensive driver.
It doesn't need to last long; biggest issue right now is that even the first few hits from something like Minoboros are just too slow. This is also the reason KOs are currently so rare IMO.
(Dec. 24, 2015  2:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It doesn't need to last long; biggest issue right now is that even the first few hits from something like Minoboros are just too slow. This is also the reason KOs are currently so rare IMO.

It needs to last long enough in it's speed(which I was talking about) to make consistent hits for Burst, if it ends up losing it's speed too quickly then I can see it as a one hit K.O type of combo, but hopefully it actually keeps it's speed longer than I hope.
Ah, I get it. How long does it need to last I wonder?

Also, don't forget that powerful attacks can burst in 1-2 hits Smile
(Dec. 24, 2015  2:54 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I hope I'm wrong to expect less.

Since Burst are light and don't have as good of a spin velocity as MFB, it might not last as long, but hopefully Heavy proves me wrong paired with Xtreme.

Grip Base from Plastics is super light but it KOs just fine.
I don't think Heavy is needed to KO, but rather to Burst.
With no form of high friction defence available yet, Xtreme should be more than enough for attack on its own. Burst attack, however, I am less capable of speaking for. Perhaps Ring would keep it active for longer.

(Dec. 23, 2015  9:52 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2015  6:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Your video shows exactly what I dislike about Quake; as soon as it moves away from the center of the stadium it's a slow death.
It seems to be unable to retain a flower pattern, so I think it would only work if it's hits while in the centre starts bursting.

Q in MFB is capable of a flower pattern but it is VERY difficult to achieve and somewhat different to how you might do it with another bey.
(Dec. 26, 2015  3:13 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: With no form of high friction defence available yet, Xtreme should be more than enough for attack on its own. Burst attack, however, I am less capable of speaking for. Perhaps Ring would keep it active for longer.

(Dec. 23, 2015  9:52 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2015  6:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Your video shows exactly what I dislike about Quake; as soon as it moves away from the center of the stadium it's a slow death.
It seems to be unable to retain a flower pattern, so I think it would only work if it's hits while in the centre starts bursting.

Q in MFB is capable of a flower pattern but it is VERY difficult to achieve and somewhat different to how you might do it with another bey.

What does Q have to do with Quake? The two are really not that similar, other then the hop.
Q tends to topple itself, while Quake actually has a decent endurance to it.
Plus, both Q and Quake Driver are different bottoms altogether, they just have the same purpose.
Sorry, I thought they were more similar. I can't afford to import right now so all my Burst knowledge comes from videos and theory.
(Dec. 26, 2015  4:23 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Sorry, I thought they were more similar. I can't afford to import right now so all my Burst knowledge comes from videos and theory.

[Image: 0wMS35B.png]

the light blue part is what makes contact. hopefully that explains it for you.
Even more than that, isn't the Quake Driver's top actually quite centered but the base above it has its mass focused on one side ?
yes, that too. forgot to mention it.
And by 'top', I actually meant 'tip'; typo. Is that still correct, that the tip is centered ?
Yeah, you are right Kai-V. It is just the rounded oval shape and distribution on the fat part of the driver that makes it do what it does.

Man, I just figured out how to do the jumping launch thing like 1234Beyblade does in his video and man is it fun. Probably the most fun I have had with burst yet. I have kind of been neglecting them for plastics and HMS as of late, but this crazy and somehow top tier combo has gotten me right back into it just in time for Xcaliber! Can't wait for that either. Thanks 1234Beyblade!
Hopefully we'll see some tests on Minoboros Xtreme.
Gankoba, I think he's looking at you right now.
can anyone test Minoboros _____ Xtreme?

i'm really excited to see how it perform with rubber tip. i may have tested too but i don't have XFX [will buy soon] nor stadium to test [will buy soon]
I don't have tests for you, but when testing with Xtreme extensively before Beyblade Shogatsu in Toronto last month, I found it to be generally less impressive than Valkyrie and Xcalibur, and maybe even Amaterios. Not writing it off yet ... but that's how I felt.
I share the same sentiment, basically. Much lower than top-tier, in my opinion.
I preferably use M_X in an Anti-Attack not Attack but that's my opinion...
(Feb. 24, 2016  2:34 AM)Kei Wrote: I don't have tests for you, but when testing with Xtreme extensively before Beyblade Shogatsu in Toronto last month, I found it to be generally less impressive than Valkyrie and Xcalibur, and maybe even Amaterios. Not writing it off yet ... but that's how I felt.

(Feb. 24, 2016  4:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I share the same sentiment, basically. Much lower than top-tier, in my opinion.

thanks for sharing your option Kai-V and Kei! though i'm little dissapointed that it does not have valkyrie like attack [top-tier-ish]. i will test it once my minobors arrive and purchese stadium [after event on March 29th]

(Feb. 24, 2016  4:55 AM)Stars Wrote: I preferably use M_X in an Anti-Attack not Attack but that's my opinion...

hm, if that is true. it will be still have chance to be top-tier[as there is currantly no layer that can do it]

i will try M_X at event on 29th for sure
what's the difference between Mobile Defense and Anti-Attack. it looks similar to me...
(Feb. 24, 2016  4:44 PM)loyd87 Wrote: what's the difference between Mobile Defense and Anti-Attack. it looks similar to me...

Mobile Defense uses aggressive tips (such as RF, Accel, etc) with smooth/round wheels (such as Wyvern, and I think an example could be MSF-H Genbull Genbull BD145 RF (correct me if I'm wrong)). Anti-Attack is made to counter Attack, but also to KO Stamina types, Diablo ____ BD145 RF can be an example of this. Anti-Attack combines elements of Attack and Defense, too.

You can read more on it here on BeyWiki. Smile
I don't know about the some parts of the anti attack definition. The original Anti Attack wheel on which the whole concept was founded was Basalt and that wasn't aggressive (in terms of protrusions) or low recoil. Also it seems stupid to me that we've created mobile defence just because Burst doesn't fit the now narrow definition Anti Attack now has.