Meteo L Drago CH120EWD!

So about few months ago, I was playing around with Meteo and EWD and came across something interesting! It was able to Out-Spin quite a few things which normal Spin-Stealing Combos could not. So I decided to work on it a little more. Finally, It all came to this Combo. I also spoke to th!nk about this, who told me to go ahead and make a thread, so here it is Eee!

The reason I chose CH120 is because it's a great track for Meteo, as seen in the combo Meteo L Drago CH120XF. Overall, it has good weight distribution and isn't too high and isn't too low either. The problem with tracks like 85, 90 and 100 are that when both the Beyblades are at low spin velocity, they usually tend to scrape the Stadium floor. On the other hand, tracks like 135, 145 get easily destabilized.

EWD gives it those couple of extra rotations it needs at the end of the battle to successfully Out-Spin it's opponent, especially against many WD based Stamina combos. Another huge asset about this combo is that it beats Phantom B: D consistently, which other Spin-Stealers fail to do.

Now, the key to making this Combo work is Weak Launching. If you launch hard, you might end up getting KO'd by your opponent as Meteo is light and just bounces off the other Combo if at High Velocity. Chances are also there that you might Self-KO because EWD skids when spinning at high velocity. So yeah, to make this combo work to it's potential, you need to weak launch it.

Now let us get to the tests :

-Standard Procedure-
-Weak Launched-
-Meteo in Absorb Mode-
-CH120 Height-120-

Meteo L Drago CH120EWD vs Phantom Aquario B: D
Meteo L Drago CH120EWD : 7/10 ( 7 OS)
Phantom Aquario B: D : 3/10 (3 OS)

There were quite a few draws, which were all redone. Also, Phantom Out-Spun Meteo just by a rotation or two. Same with Meteo. Here, it all depends on which one is more balanced at the end of the battle, which is usually Meteo.

MLD Win Percentage : 70 %

Meteo L Drago CH120EWD vs Duo Cancer AD145WD
Meteo L Drago CH120EWD : 10/10
Duo Cancer AD145WD : 0/10

MLD Win Percentage : 100 %

Again, Meteo Out-Spins Duo by just 1-2 rotations. There were a few draws too.

Meteo L Drago CH120EWD vs MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB

Meteo L Drago CH120EWD : 7/10
MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB : 3/10

MLD Win Percentage : 70 %

Duo Cancer 230MB tends to grind on Meteo sometimes, making Meteo scrape the floor and eventually lose.

Meteo L Drago CH120EWD vs Phantom Bull AD145WD
Meteo L Drago CH120EWD : 9/10
Phantom Bull AD145WD : 1/10

MLD Win Percentage : 90 %

I'll do some more tests VS Stamina and even Attack soon.

So anyway, It'll be greatly appreciated if you guys can post some test results too.
Thanks! Smile

Other Member's Tests :

Defstamina88 :

N0body:
Awesome Combo! Gr8 work ! Smile
thats cool good work Relic.its realy great you found that out.but if the other Blader dose a weak launch wouldent it Lose or go out the Arena
^^Didnt u read the OP? It Says "I also spoke to th!nk about this, who told me to go ahead and make a thread, so here it is Eee!"
Can you test it against MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS?
(May. 08, 2012  4:39 PM)galaxy blade Wrote: thats cool good work Relic.its realy great you found that out.but if the other Blader dose a weak launch wouldent it Lose or go out the Arena

I strongly recommend you to read the Weak Launching article on BeyWiki, or even better, try it out yourself. Smile

Nice find Relic! Grin
I knew about this combo since quite sometime(thanks to BS5), but due to my strong disliking of spin stealers, I didn't think it'd have SO much potential!

All the best for your combo!

I believe you must do 20 rounds in a test, according to the Standard Procedure. Smile
can you test it against MF-H Flash Escolpio AD145 R2F.ok Janstarblast.Relic thanks for this
It'd lose. It might have some lucky wins, though!
Remember, spin stealers aren't meant to be used against Attackers in the first place. Smile
so is this gonna be used as a real Combo now.beacuse it would be cool if it is.i could get all thes Parts
(May. 08, 2012  5:01 PM)galaxy blade Wrote: can you test it against MF-H Flash Escolpio AD145 R2F.ok Janstarblast.Relic thanks for this

I don't own Flash. As I said, I'll do some Attack tests soon, although its pretty obvious Meteo will get beaten since EWD has very less friction and can easily be KO'd.

(May. 08, 2012  4:46 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Can you test it against MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS?

Meteo L Drago CH120EWD vs MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS

Meteo L Drago CH120EWD : 18/20
MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS : 2/20 (2 KOs)

MLD Win Percentage : 90 %
ok thanks Relic do you no when you will do Attack
Ahh another spin equalizer , I'm not too sure about the meta game nowadays but if any basalt / duo BD145CS , VariAres or Scythe/ phantom BD145Eds combos are still around then you won't get too far in a tourament as this combo is too light therefore making it too easy to KO or the free rotating eds will also prevent this combos success. I think your better off chucking an xf on it and using that instead.
(May. 08, 2012  5:20 PM)RustyXD Wrote: Ahh another spin equalizer , I'm not too sure about the meta game nowadays but if any basalt / duo BD145CS , VariAres or Scythe/ phantom BD145Eds combos are still around then you won't get too far in a tourament as this combo is too light therefore making it too easy to KO or the free rotating eds will also prevent this combos success. I think your better off chucking an xf on it and using that instead.

It does pretty well against Duo BD145CS.
And this combo isn't meant to be used against Attack, it's a Spin-Stealer and it does what its meant to do best. That is, beating Stamina combos Smile.
So ewd is good.well meteo is light so its low defence but high spin equlizing ablity.it should only used aginst pure stamina beys.
Can you test it aginst mf-h grand bull ch120 ewd
EWD is really popular now. Can this combo beat MF Phantom Cancer 90WD? That is the combo that stopped people usimg MF Gravity Perseus ATK 100EWD
I'll do some tests tomorrow against my version of the Gravity combo used in UK and attack along with some other combos.
Hah, wow. My sister uses a similar variation of this at tournaments, with a MF-L and WD instead.
Um just to say this particular combo loses to MF Phantom Cancer 90 WD hands down

If you happen to have one, test this in a Zero G stadium just to see how it performs.
What strength % are you launching at? Is this one of those "the weaker the better" things, or is there a butter zone?

Furthermore, are you alternating which customization is launched first?
This is one of those combos where that "the weaker, the better" logic fits, but if it isn't spinning fast enough, it may not be able to catch on the opponent.
o.O Meteo L Drago CH120EWD won against 230?? But i thought it cant steal spin from 230 Tongue_out Howz it possible?
(May. 08, 2012  10:33 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Um just to say this particular combo loses to MF Phantom Cancer 90 WD hands down

Yep! MF Phantom Cancer 90WD gives it problems. But it doesn't seem to Out-Spin Meteo. It's either a draw or a KO by Phantom. Out of the 20 battles I did, 16 were draws and 4 were KOs by Phantom!

Hazel, 30-50 % range works best, although it can still beat Stamina combos even when Hand-Spun.
I do alternate the launches when testing.

And yes, like any other Spin-Stealer, this Combo fails against Attack. It can get some lucky wins though, as stated by Janstarblast.
Maybe i'm doing something wrong but when I tried it against Phantom Cancer AD145WD it doesn't win. It either draws or loses.
did you weak Launch