Martial Arts

i do pressure points in dangerous battles, but as momiji knows i also do capoiera as well as ninjutsu, taijutsu and judo... pressure points is my forte, but i am very fast and in martial arts class my nickname is Hebi o nejiru (twisting serpent) here is a vid of vital pressure points:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvKO0X2sGU
I practice Judo, Karate, Taekwondo, Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Boxing, Kendo and Grappling. This is my club:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV4FBiHx7X0
Ignore the angry comments. Lauren Burns went here. Also Martin Hall is 7th Dan. Impressive, no?
very, i can take down a fully grown man in one hit that takes less than 5 seconds, impressive or what? you just hit in the most vital pressure point... also i am practicing nejis move, 8 tri-grams, 64 palms...
Don't bother. Learn real stuff, like Climbing Back Kicks, Piston Throws etc.
I wonder if fencing is a martial art....but I've always wanted to do jeet kun do or some boxing or muy thai
(Dec. 11, 2010  11:24 PM)Nwolf Wrote: very, i can take down a fully grown man in one hit that takes less than 5 seconds, impressive or what? you just hit in the most vital pressure point... also i am practicing nejis move, 8 tri-grams, 64 palms...

Seriously, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had enough of your Naruto wannabe-martial arts. It's incredibly impractical. Period.

As for the pressure points, anyone can take down a fully grown man with one hit to the jaw or temple, so your "most vital pressure point" really has no bearing.

Heck, if you kick someone in the Solar Plexus they go down in one hit.

(Dec. 11, 2010  11:43 PM)Wraith Wrote: Don't bother. Learn real stuff, like Climbing Back Kicks, Piston Throws etc.

Mm, I wouldn't say that is "real stuff", the most practical things to learn are wrestling, groundwork and punching.
sorry about that momiji, i'll just talk about stuff not related to naruto, anyway getting better at taijutsu and i found out that alot of my friends do martial arts too, and i actually think i saw one of them at a martial arts expo, before i met him as a friend...
also wraith i already know other moves aswell, i just like trying to make my own...
u will fail epicly unless u can test them with an actual fight or spar
I think the most important things in martial arts are things like distance and spatial awareness. And, if one is to say that groundfighting is important then we should talk from a sports fighting point of view.
good point taurus, i might ask on one of my free lessons if i can practice it with my sensei...
momiji ; granted you can land a proper hit on his solarplexus, yes you can kill the man xD

i've been taking taekwondo for 5 years, black belt 1st dan. i might go for my 2nd, once i have enough time to get back to classes.

i think one important part in "Fighting" or "Self Defense" as a whole is the instinct/reflexes.
you could be trained in a martial art, and know how to react to certain situations. however, if someone can attack you faster than you can react to it, then your finished.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i've seen countless "school fistfights" ending in a matter of a second because one kid couldn't simply parry a jab to the nose.
i can pull off tornado's and turning spin kick's in taekwondo sparring, but i think i'm too oriented towards my feet.
most fights seem to rely on grabbing/throwing others, or just punching the carp out of other people.
i think learning boxing, jujitsu, wrestling/grappling and karate/kung fu will be the next arts i want to learn, to be more rounded, and for a more diverse way to react to scenarios.
Someone explain this to me. How can you have dan in Tae Kwon Do if dan is Japanese
Not necessarily. You can also have Poom.
Poom is referred to the Junior Black belts.
Dan is like, the legit stuff.

In my school, you have to be 14 to get a solid black belt, or your 1st dan.
Or, you need to be junior black belt with 2nd Poom, and then you can get a solid black belt before the age of 14.

So yeah.
but really age doesnt matter deagor teaches us equal yet we ar at different levels im 2 years others 20 yet i can beat them sparring or fighting
and cye do u know where to read air gear
(Dec. 15, 2010  8:17 AM)Team Taurus Wrote: but really age doesnt matter deagor teaches us equal yet we ar at different levels im 2 years others 20 yet i can beat them sparring or fighting
and cye do u know where to read air gear

http://manga.bleachexile.com/air-gear.html

I cannot wait to get into the Marine Corps so I can learn the combination of different styles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corp...ts_Program
If I had to pick a specific martial art to lear, It would definitely be Defendu. It is completely brutal, and hardcore, but you becoome so proficent, even a magazine can be used as a deadly weapon.

@ Kimchi: Youre legs have a higher strength cap than your upper body. The strongest kick will beat the strongest punch everytime. Besides with school fights, if you know how to use your legs, and the other guy can only punch, you have the advantage.
On the other hand, what I find with kicks is a sense of self confidence that since it's a kick, it must be strong. Definitely not the case. Also, since most Taekwondo people, myself included, use their feet, we don't acknowledge our hands as much, and thus are susceptible to someone who can simply take a kick or two. The fact that most practice without leg kicks and grabs shows our glaring weaknesses.

Having said that, I do think kicks give a massive advantage, but only if you use it the right way.

i.e, low risk, effective moves. Turning kick to the knee/thigh/ribs, side/push kick to the body. As long as you don't try and pull off the double kicks or flying kicks you shouldn't be too bad.

I've sparred with Muay Thai fighters, boxers, and people focusing on Chinese Martial arts and the recurring problem is always my punching distance. Even though I'm aware, with no real practice/competition in that area I can't improve it too well.

I'd always eventually fall back to my kicking game and keep them away and counter. The problem with this is kicks are always risky, for obvious reasons of balance. It gets harder when you're under pressure and a single stuff up leads to a slip or stumble, where someone can easily defeat you afterwards.

Hah, I don't think I've even addressed my point at all, just ranted on about my experiences.
Heh, im on red belt in taekwando.
but seriously, i suck.
heh, i havent even memorized one routine
im only good at kicking, and thats only normal kicking. im not good at the turning kick.
there's one thing i suck at and that is running, i almost kept down a level in my classes because of how slow i am, i can't run for my life...
why is that?

haha I can sprint like a beast :3
My cousin is ridiculously slow, but he is 3rd Poom....
Did Taekwondo as a kid. Quit because of a foot injury. Wrestled in High School which was a ton of fun.

Thinking of picking up some form of martial art. haven't decided which one. Might just pick up wrestling again if it's an option locally.
Right now I've been into boxing. Every week at least I drill one kick or another. I'd go back to the Bujinkan if I had the money. That, or Muay Thai..
I've been studying and competeing in Judo for 10 yrs now, i've finally got my brown belt
Nice, I'm a yellow belt in Taekwando. In my Taekwondo yellow is after orange that's after white belt. I tested on Friday for my green belt. Don't know if I made it yet.