Martial Arts

(Aug. 06, 2008  5:06 PM)Wraith2000 Wrote: Now I do Ninpo. Best descision ever.

Elaborate, please.
(Jul. 30, 2008  5:02 AM)rkayd Wrote:
Sam Wrote:rkayd plays with naruto knives and throwing stars he got at some weaboo comic store

1. Sam stop post carp about me because i dont even know you and i think you think im someone else

2.My ninja thing was ment to be a joke but it dident work out that way but it was a joke

i do taekwon-do and i did karate was a kidd

it was obviously not a joke.

I boxed for a short while at the end of last year, and now i just read a lot about martial arts and incorporate a mixture of their styles into one big cosmopolitan style, it suits me and its less restrictive.
i personally like La Canne (Cain fighting), Canne De Combat (Cain/Kick fighting) and Savate (Boxing with kicks).
omg..i love martial arts...

i am a black belt in tkd.
and i just started learning brazillian jiu jitsu. after maybe a couple of months, id train in MMA

=]
Wow, you guys study some tough s***. I've studied Kendo for 3 days before, that was pretty cool.
I'd like to get into Fencing or Kapoera.
i train twice a day and i train in
shorokan karate
brazilian jui jitsu
judo
kick boxing
mma
and a little tae kwon do
i also teach
(Dec. 17, 2008  5:19 AM)rooneyt Wrote: i train twice a day and i train in
shorokan karate
brazilian jui jitsu
judo
kick boxing
mma
and a little tae kwon do
i also teach

so basically you are mma lol

i want to train in mma soo bad...but i have to do a couple months and gain some experience in brazillian jiu jitsu first..
Ugh, no offense to any of you, and don't take this the wrong way but I despise the complete idiots in my school who think that just being a black belt in some sort of martial art makes you completely elite even if you're a tiny weakling. Sorry, but if some hench black guy just picks you up by the foot and puts a gun to your face you ain't gonna be able to do much if you're 4ft tall. =/

Either way, I did like 2 lessons of tae-kwon-do and it was pretty fun. My bro did it for aaaages.
Um......I did Judo for a bit at primary school but it was kinda rubbish because there were loads of rules and you couldn't punch and kick or anything. It's more of a soprt than self-defence. I mean if someonr tried to attack me in the street I doubt they would hold the appropriate parts of my coat and use specific techniques acording to rules. They'd just punch me in the face. XD
martial arts isn't necessarily about self-defense

if you want to learn self-defense, take self-defense classes
(Dec. 17, 2008  10:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: martial arts isn't necessarily about self-defense

Mmm......it's just that there's this girl in my class who's a black belt at judo and she's thinks she's amazing, can take anyone and no-one could beat her up. And so does the rest of the year. And it annoys me. Uncertain

Plus I didn't really know the difference when I was little. ^^;
(Dec. 17, 2008  10:48 PM)yruahippo Wrote: Um......I did Judo for a bit at primary school but it was kinda rubbish because there were loads of rules and you couldn't punch and kick or anything. It's more of a soprt than self-defence. I mean if someonr tried to attack me in the street I doubt they would hold the appropriate parts of my coat and use specific techniques acording to rules. They'd just punch me in the face. XD

if you want all the aspects of fighting..take mma lol

mma is:
striking (boxing, muaythai, etc.)
throwing (judo, wrestling, etc.)
ground fighting (brazillian jiujitsu, submission wrestling)

but if you really want self defense..then i suggest you look up krav maga

its the art that the israeli forces practice..
gun defense (not always gonna work 100% but if its the only choice then im sure itll help)
knife defense..etc. and many more

one of the ways they practice and train is to have a bunch of attackers circling you and attacking you simultaneously..and youd basically have to defend yourself.
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:40 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2008  10:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: martial arts isn't necessarily about self-defense

Mmm......it's just that there's this girl in my class who's a black belt at judo and she's thinks she's amazing, can take anyone and no-one could beat her up. And so does the rest of the year. And it annoys me. Uncertain

Plus I didn't really know the difference when I was little. ^^;

If a kid came up to me in the street without a stick or anything and tried to threaten me with this I can assure you I WOULD break down laughing. Sure, if he was strong enough he might hurt me (I'm pretty weak lol) but I really would think he was some random weirdo.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hwDF8P9en-E

He may be good but yelling for no reason and screaming his face into oblivion won't do too much good. The wind might change and his face will stick like that.
I did Capoeira (Cant spell the name for toffee) at some point in high school, as well as Karate, I quit Karate since I got bored and I fail at the former because I lack upper body strength entirely.
(Dec. 19, 2008  1:21 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: I did Capoeira (Cant spell the name for toffee) at some point in high school, as well as Karate, I quit Karate since I got bored and I fail at the former because I lack upper body strength entirely.

Ooh, I always wanted to try that. I think I'd be pretty rubbish at it though, for the same reason you listed.....I can't even do a push up. ;__;
Plus you spelt it right. Smile
(Dec. 19, 2008  3:00 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2008  1:21 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: I did Capoeira (Cant spell the name for toffee) at some point in high school, as well as Karate, I quit Karate since I got bored and I fail at the former because I lack upper body strength entirely.

Ooh, I always wanted to try that. I think I'd be pretty rubbish at it though, for the same reason you listed.....I can't even do a push up. ;__;

XD I did? I'm the same, I can do like, three pushups before I fall over.
(Dec. 19, 2008  3:21 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:

Three? That's amazing in my book. XD Thing is, it's not like I'm that weak - I can lift heavy stuff - but for some reason I can't do push ups. They literally slay me. D:
(Dec. 19, 2008  3:34 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

Three? That's amazing in my book. XD Thing is, it's not like I'm that weak - I can lift heavy stuff - but for some reason I can't do push ups. They literally slay me. D:

I know how you feel, though too much heavy lifting with my right arm seems to have taken a toll on me.
I had a trapped nerve in my shoulder and then the next day I got asked to help move all the tables in the photography class (And theyre REALLY heavy) and i've now pulled the muscles in the same shoulder, so if I so much as lean and stretch my arm out, I get shooting pains going through it and makes me wince (and I never wince from pain)

I was considering doing Kenpo (think ived spelled that one wrong, its a mix of martial arts) but it's apparently really hard-going and takes up a lot of time.
(Dec. 19, 2008  3:39 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2008  3:34 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

I know how you feel, though too much heavy lifting with my right arm seems to have taken a toll on me.
I had a trapped nerve in my shoulder and then the next day I got asked to help move all the tables in the photography class (And theyre REALLY heavy) and i've now pulled the muscles in the same shoulder, so if I so much as lean and stretch my arm out, I get shooting pains going through it and makes me wince (and I never wince from pain)

I was considering doing Kenpo (think ived spelled that one wrong, its a mix of martial arts) but it's apparently really hard-going and takes up a lot of time.

A trapped nerve?! Isn't that like really serious? My friend had one of them and had to have an operation to get rid of it......D:
I love martial arts. I do Tung-Su-Doe, plus Wing Chun Kung Fu mixed with some other arts.
I actually found a good martial art until I can learn Krav Maga and the funny thing is, it's a martial art I should know: Filipino Martial Arts. It's listed as the second deadliest martial art, since a good aspect of it is knife defense, which I have a lot of fun with. There's also Arnis, which is stick fighting, along with the ground fighting stuff. Right now, I'm practicing my V-stepping and passive blocks until I can learn more advanced techniques. I'm still just a beginner after all.
... they stopped teaching ninjutsu a loooooong time ago in china and japan... when you know, guns came out