[Manhattan, New York 10/16/2010] Big Apple Bey Brawl - Central Park South

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Big Apple Bey Brawl
Date: Saturday October 16, 2010
Venue: Central Park South in Heckscher Playground
Expected Turnout: About 15
Format: Stantard Format, Round Robin System
Additional information: All generations of Beyblades will be aloud, even the Libra wheel but only for free play. Around 1:30 the tournament will start and only MFB will be aloud, excluding the Libra wheel. The tournament will last as long as it has to until there is a first, second and third winner. To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street. If you want, you can bring mats and blankets to sit on.

Prizes will be kept a surprise until the day of the tournament. I will try to provide at least two Takara Tomy stadium, but I don't have any attack stadiums. If you can, please bring a stadium of your own or ask a friend if you can borrow it for that day.

Times:
  • Meet up at 5th ave and E. 59th ST at 1:30pm
  • Head to Heckscher Playground at set thing set up along with practice and free play between 2pm - 3pm
  • Official tournament starts at 3:15pm

Directions

To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street
Also, you can take the ABCD1 trains to 59th st. Columbus Circle
Thanks Cye

[Image: fef1xh.jpg]
[Image: 2vjy90g.jpg]

Like all official WBO tournaments, there will be a $5 entrance fee if you don't have a bladers passport. You can buy one at the tournament for $10 and you will get into official WBO tournaments for free for a year.

Since we're going to be in a playground in Central Park, you are responsible of keeping watch over your beyblades and personal belongings. We are not responsible if anything is lost or stolen. We'd also recommend that if you do intend to take part in the tournament, then bring your own beys. This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but in the past people have come without, expecting to borrow other blader's blades.

Attendees:
CyberDranzer (confirmed)
Jyankeefan13 (confirmed)
TheSilverBlader (confirmed)
kngoftherng (bringing friends) (confirmed) (Has bladers passport)
Cye Kinomiya (confirmed)
X-Raded
rascoXtaco (confirmed)
Garadarkmaster
vasinity0050
snowglobe79 (confirmed)
beybeyboy15 (confirmed)
pedrepaco (confirmed)
pokemon 121 (confirmed)
kanyon789 (confirmed)
DarkWerewolf (confirmed)
cman543
bey bully (confirmed)
evoion44 (confirmed)
gianc6 (confirmed)
zackorang1 (confirmed)
MS Dragoon (confirmed) (Has bladers passport)
X9d9123 (confirmed) (Has bladers passport)
RockAriesStef (confirmed)
cole (confirmed)
bladerMM (confirmed)
MS Dragoon (confirmed)
Shippudenface (confirmed)
Ozzy (confirmed)
Bluezee (confirmed)
major-rampage54 (confirmed)
Kevin20888 (confirmed)
DarkGasher55555 (confirmed)
Bey610 (confirmed)
rex (confirmed)
yoshiman44 (confirmed)
dragoon51 (dragoon 51)
Ikki (confirmed)
Pkstrength71 (confirmed)
Th3C0d3br8k3r (confirmed)
xStorm Bladerx (confirmed)
Pisces bey (confirmed)
ayrip (confirmed)
STORMPEGASUS#10 (confirmed)
StormPikachu (confirmed)
crayzeperson (confirmed)
pegasus101 (confirmed)
Soaring Eagle (confirmed)
yunglync139 (confirmed)
chops12311 (confirmed)
flameplum1 (confirmed)
yungtiger139 (confirmed)
kenny140 (confirmed)
ricky140 (confirmed)
dannyboi04 (confirmed)
BeyStrategist (confirmed)
dranzerallday1 (confirmed)
Flame Storm (confirmed)
invader mrk (confirmed)

Maybe Attending:
PRXxJokerxX
camaroz28iroc
lightninglibrax
Ginga107
Ray unicorno q
Shingo
Beyblast98
Zackyblack12
darkbladea
Vanthorsan
Marco2396
ninjablader
eartheagle0923
GureiruSan
epicLibra
johnthewolf
CononKudo

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hey guys I'm on my way now. Had to do a few errands.
Best of luck to all of you.
The tournament went decently. And I got some beys stolen which is great. Freakin' little kids.
when exactly did it end? who won? All the Qwestionz!
I'm not sure who won. It ended at around 5.
Thanks kngoftherng, Cye and all those who didn't fuss over the problem that happened today. There were over 35 people there if I remember correctly. Even though there were a few problems, it went pretty decently. I promise you next time around Spring Break or June at the end of the school year that it would be way better and more organized. I'll be putting up the winners on the first post.

Thanks to everyone who came and competed!
It was great to see so many children. It felt good teaching them, especially the ones who asked questions. You guys reawoke my Bey Tamashii!

Edit: I think my new trademark for tourneys will be the shirt I wore.
(Oct. 16, 2010  11:51 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: It was great to see so many children. It felt good teaching them, especially the ones who asked questions. You guys reawoke my Bey Tamashii!
Ah, that is very good to read.
Was that shirt you wore Goku's shirt?
man i lost but i swear i will be stronger next time so watch out
(Oct. 17, 2010  12:01 AM)MorningMess Wrote: Was that shirt you wore Goku's shirt?

Yeaaah.

I can't wait for another tournament.
I heard there's another tournament happening in Corona Park around November.
awwww sooo sry guys somthing came up and ma mom couldnt drive and wut waz the prize? lol
(Oct. 17, 2010  12:05 AM)dragoon51 Wrote: man i lost but i swear i will be stronger next time so watch out
woot determination= awesome
First place was ray unicorno. Second place was thermal lacerta. And third I'm not sure.
I recorded the whole thing, after editing I'll post up the link here for you guys Smile

hehe I think I did pretty good for a 5 day old bey blader!

I was the lightning l-Drago in MorningMess' moms squad lol, and I lost to the kid who won first place...
I lost in round 2 I came at 1:00 and I was walking everywhere and didn't know where to go I almost left because my brother asked me if I wanted to look more or go home It sucks that i got 2 beys and a launcher grip AFTER the tournament lol but overall it was good oh and Cye you had really cool blades I was the kid that ke[t asking people if they had bey parts they didn't need for free I also did get some parts for free though and Cye you should do a tourney at the start of November
This tournament was done horribly. The fact that parents even complained about the issue of the pods being completely messed up and not following the rules is even worse than just me bringing up the issue in the beginnning. The some of the judges were very rude before and after I mentioned the issue. First off, the rules are that a player needs to win 3 individual rounds to win. This was not followed at all except in one group. Everyone else did 2/3. This was not fair to the competitors of the other pods. That's why they really left. Not because they lost and didnt want to play. I had parents and players come up to me and agree and others even say they would not come back to another one of these tournaments because it was so unorganized. I made a valid arguement that made perfect sense and I was practically ignored. What we got for this was a half-carped attempt at letting everyone who did not get a fair chance play. From what I saw, only 5 matches out of only 20 were played still leaving many including myself and my opponent left out. My opponent and I were waiting to play and we sat there waiting. When we asked if it was our turn we were told by one judge that they would call us. We continued to wait and I went to go pick up my stadium that I let others play with. When I returned no more than a minute later, the judge announced the finals not to mention they said that they would keep the pods going as they were unorganized and just do the real rules in the finals. The judge said, "we must have called you but you didnt hear your name so you were skipped" meanwhile, my opponent and his mother who stood by the female judge the whole time even said they didnt hear a thing and they were not called. I mentioned this issue of the pods before any were done and yet they continued and disregarded the parents' and my complaints. We showed them the rules and still they made excuses as to why they wouldnt do them over because of pure laziness IMO. It was not fair and this tournament should not be acknowledge. The competitors should be however because they played hard and did their best in the midst of this unorganized competition. Beypoints shouldnt be awarded IMO because they were not correctly or fairly earned. At the end of the tournament, the male judge came over to me and said in these exact words, "instead of complaing at our tournament, make your own and see how that goes." That was very rude and uncalled for and if I was not around children and parents, I would have handled the issue myself. Congratulations to the winners though. I had more fun teaching, selling despite having a few things stolen, and free playing with Cye and the children than competing. Many of these kids came to a tournament for the first time and were cheated badly. That is in no way acceptable especially if there were many people coming to dispute the matches and they still were done wrong.
... Really ? Two out of three instead of first to three won rounds when it is clearly written in the rules that I believe MorningMess kept linking to ?

And matches were skipped ?
That sounds horrible hope that doesn't happen at the Georgia tounmant when it's organized and were the pods volunteers or wbo members
(Oct. 17, 2010  2:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: ... Really ? Two out of three instead of first to three won rounds when it is clearly written in the rules that I believe MorningMess kept linking to ?

Yes indeed. That is the point the parents and I made. How can you advertise something clearly and then not follow those same rules or even make an attempt to enforce them? I had Cye show her and one of the judges and still nothing changed.
(Oct. 17, 2010  2:34 AM)Ra Wrote: That sounds horrible hope that doesn't happen at the Georgia tounmant when it's organized and were the pods volunteers or wbo members

The judges were people who are not members. They were volunteers that don't beyblade and did not know the rules apparently.
well that is one of the many disadvantages of having so many people there. maybe there should have been multiple branches spread out by a bit?
Um, just a question, why were the judges volunteers that didn't know the rules?
(Oct. 17, 2010  2:42 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2010  2:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: ... Really ? Two out of three instead of first to three won rounds when it is clearly written in the rules that I believe MorningMess kept linking to ?

Yes indeed. That is the point the parents and I made. How can you advertise something clearly and then not follow those same rules or even make an attempt to enforce them? I had Cye show her and one of the judges and still nothing changed.
(Oct. 17, 2010  2:34 AM)Ra Wrote: That sounds horrible hope that doesn't happen at the Georgia tounmant when it's organized and were the pods volunteers or wbo members

The judges were people who are not members. They were volunteers that don't beyblade and did not know the rules apparently.
were you the 17 year old with the blue sweatshirt because i was the kid with the red shirt and grey sweatshirt asking people for free parts I did hear some people complain about getting cheated
It was a great tournament. I was so close to victory!
The only thing I had to do was trust the bey.
Thank you!