[Manhattan, New York 10/16/2010] Big Apple Bey Brawl - Central Park South

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Big Apple Bey Brawl
Date: Saturday October 16, 2010
Venue: Central Park South in Heckscher Playground
Expected Turnout: About 15
Format: Stantard Format, Round Robin System
Additional information: All generations of Beyblades will be aloud, even the Libra wheel but only for free play. Around 1:30 the tournament will start and only MFB will be aloud, excluding the Libra wheel. The tournament will last as long as it has to until there is a first, second and third winner. To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street. If you want, you can bring mats and blankets to sit on.

Prizes will be kept a surprise until the day of the tournament. I will try to provide at least two Takara Tomy stadium, but I don't have any attack stadiums. If you can, please bring a stadium of your own or ask a friend if you can borrow it for that day.

Times:
  • Meet up at 5th ave and E. 59th ST at 1:30pm
  • Head to Heckscher Playground at set thing set up along with practice and free play between 2pm - 3pm
  • Official tournament starts at 3:15pm

Directions

To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street
Also, you can take the ABCD1 trains to 59th st. Columbus Circle
Thanks Cye

[Image: fef1xh.jpg]
[Image: 2vjy90g.jpg]

Like all official WBO tournaments, there will be a $5 entrance fee if you don't have a bladers passport. You can buy one at the tournament for $10 and you will get into official WBO tournaments for free for a year.

Since we're going to be in a playground in Central Park, you are responsible of keeping watch over your beyblades and personal belongings. We are not responsible if anything is lost or stolen. We'd also recommend that if you do intend to take part in the tournament, then bring your own beys. This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but in the past people have come without, expecting to borrow other blader's blades.

Attendees:
CyberDranzer (confirmed)
Jyankeefan13 (confirmed)
TheSilverBlader (confirmed)
kngoftherng (bringing friends) (confirmed) (Has bladers passport)
Cye Kinomiya (confirmed)
X-Raded
rascoXtaco (confirmed)
Garadarkmaster
vasinity0050
snowglobe79 (confirmed)
beybeyboy15 (confirmed)
pedrepaco (confirmed)
pokemon 121 (confirmed)
kanyon789 (confirmed)
DarkWerewolf (confirmed)
cman543
bey bully (confirmed)
evoion44 (confirmed)
gianc6 (confirmed)
zackorang1 (confirmed)
MS Dragoon (confirmed) (Has bladers passport)
X9d9123 (confirmed) (Has bladers passport)
RockAriesStef (confirmed)
cole (confirmed)
bladerMM (confirmed)
MS Dragoon (confirmed)
Shippudenface (confirmed)
Ozzy (confirmed)
Bluezee (confirmed)
major-rampage54 (confirmed)
Kevin20888 (confirmed)
DarkGasher55555 (confirmed)
Bey610 (confirmed)
rex (confirmed)
yoshiman44 (confirmed)
dragoon51 (dragoon 51)
Ikki (confirmed)
Pkstrength71 (confirmed)
Th3C0d3br8k3r (confirmed)
xStorm Bladerx (confirmed)
Pisces bey (confirmed)
ayrip (confirmed)
STORMPEGASUS#10 (confirmed)
StormPikachu (confirmed)
crayzeperson (confirmed)
pegasus101 (confirmed)
Soaring Eagle (confirmed)
yunglync139 (confirmed)
chops12311 (confirmed)
flameplum1 (confirmed)
yungtiger139 (confirmed)
kenny140 (confirmed)
ricky140 (confirmed)
dannyboi04 (confirmed)
BeyStrategist (confirmed)
dranzerallday1 (confirmed)
Flame Storm (confirmed)
invader mrk (confirmed)

Maybe Attending:
PRXxJokerxX
camaroz28iroc
lightninglibrax
Ginga107
Ray unicorno q
Shingo
Beyblast98
Zackyblack12
darkbladea
Vanthorsan
Marco2396
ninjablader
eartheagle0923
GureiruSan
epicLibra
johnthewolf
CononKudo

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

OMG this sounds fun
(Sep. 29, 2010  3:17 AM)Wolf-InkHeart Wrote: OMG this sounds fun

Are you going to attend?
Mess please sign me in as a maybe Eee thanks
I just got this in my news feed on facebook.

Beyblade Attention Bladers in the New York area: on October 16th, Beyblade hits Times Square NY!! Come battle at Toys R Us Times Square for sweet prizes! LET IT RIP!
Really? Is Hasbro trying to compete with WBO or something?
I was about to post that info, you beat me to it. So is this tourney gonna be postponed?
I don't see why it should get postponed. This tournament > Hasbro tournaments.
lol true but we'll just have to see what morningmess says
I highly doubt MorningMess will postpone it.
WHY!! i want to go there..but i want to go to this tourney too! WHY Hasbro WHYY!!! also im coming with gianc6 so im a definite now! im not sure about rrayunicornoq yet tho, so dont put him down as coming juist yet
I cant wait I'm going to try to make it to the brawl. I m going be practicing everyday from here on out (Bring Brother).

Let the brawl begin bey blade for life

P.s. are we allowed to switch bey blades during the tournament meaning if i was playing with dark wolf i lost could i switch to rock leone.
There should not even be a dilemma here : this tournament will be better. In case you did not know, in Toys 'R' Us tournaments, you cannot even choose your own Beyblade, the prizes are bad, the hosts do not know much about Beyblade, the Beystadiums are of course terrible, and only young kids can attend. With us, it is the complete contrary.
I'll be going. I'm going with kngoftherng.
don't worry i knew all that..exept the one with u cant choose ur own bey. but i meant i wanted to go cuz its a great way to meet more people in our area. and i fit the description of 8-14 cuz im 13
Iv never been to a TRU tournament. Sounds like a fail.
(Sep. 30, 2010  6:55 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I just got this in my news feed on facebook.

Beyblade Attention Bladers in the New York area: on October 16th, Beyblade hits Times Square NY!! Come battle at Toys R Us Times Square for sweet prizes! LET IT RIP!

Whoa wait back up guys. Where did you get the idea of Hasbro having a tournament on the same date as mine, but only in the Toys R Us it was supposed to be in, but wasn't.

And who else got the idea of me postponing the tournament? Nothing has changed. It's still going to be on October 16 in central park south. Nothing. Has. Changed. If there is anything that TRU has said about a tournament, I need screen shots as proof.
well its not on the toysrus site yet, but u can check at the hasbro events page for 2010. and they said it was said u probably wouldnt postpone
OH WOW! I think I know exactly who set up the tourney in Toys R Us that day! Seems like her plan worked. I'll come to this tourney anyway.
Really guys? Really? I need proof that Habro is having a Beyblade TRU event. I just checked google 5 times to look for Hasbro's 2010 event calender and I didn't find anything. Unless you have a link to the actual site that it says, then it's not true.

Ozzy
If you know exactly who it is, please tell me. If you just said that just to brag, please think twice before posting it again. Because a lot of people are getting mixed up with things that aren't even true and looking it up if it's true.
no it is real! i found a link b4, but im not able to do that anymore cuz of the recent storms. i havent seen that the date is on that day, but that may be the case.
So you have no proof whatsoever? So until there is proof, this rumor isn't true.
And how does storms have to do anything with losing the link? You have a history of your sites you've been on on your computer.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED WITH THIS TOURNAMENT. IT'S STILL GOING TO BE ON OCTOBER 16 IN CENTRAL PARK SOUTH.
i havent been able to post it here. ive been trying to copy and paste for a while now. and my computer had a meltdown, cuz it was on, so im using my other one. ill find it, gimme a sec. and i dont think it matters. many ppl would choose this over that, because theres more venue
So if it doesn't matter, stop dwelling on it. You already know when the official tournament is and where it's at so what else should matter? Like I keep saying, if there is ANY changes at all, I will edit my first post and tell you guys.

Seriously.
(Oct. 01, 2010  12:06 AM)BlueWolf148 Wrote: I cant wait I'm going to try to make it to the brawl. I m going be practicing everyday from here on out (Bring Brother).

Let the brawl begin bey blade for life

P.s. are we allowed to switch bey blades during the tournament meaning if i was playing with dark wolf i lost could i switch to rock leone.

You can switch beyblades when one round is over and someone wins. You can switch midway through.
(Oct. 01, 2010  2:00 AM)MorningMess Wrote: You can switch beyblades when one round is over and someone wins. You can switch midway through.
This can be confusing, hah. To be clearer, I usually say that you can have a different Beyblade for each different opponent you face, but you must use the same combination for a whole 'match' against one person until one of you has won three 'rounds'.

By the way, the news of the Toys 'R' Us tournament is on the official Beyblade Facebook page. I know the manager of that website, so it is true. That does not change this tournament's 'happening' though.