Make your suggestions!

(Jun. 19, 2019  8:27 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Kei, what about me and #Fafnir’s suggestion?

I can't speak to the specific reasons in detail (our developer may be able to better), but there is performance/technical reasons related to the load on the server for why there is a wait time in place for PMs. Allowing for it to be unlimited could cause issues ... for example, with our Tournament Invites feature for Organizers you can currently only send up to 25 invites (PMs) at once due to the same concern. Our site is one of the biggest users of PMs in all of MyBB (the software used for power the forums), so controlling the amount of messages being sent through it is important for performance reasons.

Maybe this is something that could be possible, but it wouldn't be on our priority list at the moment. Sorry!
(Jun. 19, 2019  8:42 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2019  8:27 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Kei, what about me and #Fafnir’s suggestion?

I can't speak to the specific reasons in detail (our developer may be able to better), but there is performance/technical reasons related to the load on the server for why there is a wait time in place for PMs. Allowing for it to be unlimited could cause issues ... for example, with our Tournament Invites feature for Organizers you can currently only send up to 25 invites (PMs) at once due to the same concern. Our site is one of the biggest users of PMs in all of MyBB (the software used for power the forums), so controlling the amount of messages being sent through it is important for performance reasons.

Maybe this is something that could be possible, but it wouldn't be on our priority list at the moment. Sorry!

That's perfectly fine. Thanks for telling us!
(Jun. 19, 2019  8:42 PM)Kei Wrote:

Thanks for looking into it! I guess for now we’ll just deal with the 2 minute wait! Smile
WBO should have live streams on Youtube of tournaments.
(Jun. 29, 2019  3:18 PM)ks123 Wrote: WBO should have live streams on Youtube of tournaments.
Not really, because anything can happen during a stream and if people don’t want their face shown then it’s highly likely that their faces will get shown, and not everyone has access to YouTube.
I suggest a 3D printed beyblade format.
I would like people to get more bits. Maybe, people should get bits for contributing to threads like 'build me a combo' and doing enormous amounts of testings.
(Jun. 30, 2019  8:25 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I would like people to get more bits. Maybe, people should get bits for contributing to threads like 'build me a combo' and doing enormous amounts of testings.

Here is currently little problem. WBO use MyAwards MyBB plugin for Bits, but this isn't updated very very long time and there can add bits only Committee in ACP. But we have currently only 2 active Committee members, Kei and ~Mana~ who don't have time to award massive amount of bits. Yes, some newer plugins comed like OUGC Awards, but moving to this isn't easy. Check this Gold Bit page and you see, how much bits is awarded and all of them need to be reawarded one by one and this is work, what I think Committee and Contributors/Moderators don't want to do and this is only one bit, so this is very, VERY hard work. But this have much of new features: Tasks (like can be used to auto award Gold, Silver and Bronze Bit when tournament is processed or for passport (read more below)), MCP Bits Awarding, Bit Requests and Bit Categories. Additionally, new plugin need to be intergrated with WBO Custom Theme. However, yes, Bits should be easier to get online (like writing specific amount of Wiki drafts etc.) but currently we have problem with this.

For a idea, I suggest to replace current Passport system to BankPipe. This allow after Passport expiration move user back to Member usergroup and when WBO move to OUGC Awards, Bit is very easy to remove automatically. This plugin allow discount codes, what WBO should give to users who win giveaways. Second plugin what I suggest is Flyover what allow to login with Social Media and other bigger sites accounts. However, both of these plugins is paid and WBO need wait until PayPal freeze is removed.
We have our own plans for Bits moving forward, so I won't comment too much on stuff.

The bottom line is that yes, we've been aware for a while that Bits don't really work in their current state, and the system as a whole feels horribly unrewarding. Crazy conditions for Bits, the lack of opportunity to get Bit Boosters, and the lack of special campaigns to award some of the more time-specific or prestigious ones all contribute to this horrible unrewarding feeling.

Going forward, we will be overhauling how we approach and handle Bits - including changes on our backend systems to accommodate what we want to accomplish both now and in the future - and we hope to implement these at some point after we've fixed our current payment issues. Stay tuned!
I have multiple suggestions.

Tournaments and communities.

The communities sub-form is a complete mess and it's EXTREMELY difficult to build any interest if you're not in Toronto or... well Toronto. It's not really fair to the people that don't have many active bladers around them. It 's not that people won't join a tournament, when I need four bladers to make a tournament it was really difficult to find them, but when you look at my tournament now it's reached it 's cap! I think the problem is that there aren't a lot of tournaments in these areas. But this could be fixed easily. Just find other dedicated people to host them! Or you could host tournaments in other places to build interest!

Advertisements

Let's be honest, no one knows about the WBO. It's actually pretty sad. This is an amazing site! It should be everywhere! And yet... It's not. Why? Because we are not advertising ourselves! I'm not saying to pay for ads or anything. Just have some poster template that people could use for their tournament. Or make more YouTube videos and post them on other platforms. Like Facebook, Reddit, etc.

Big Events

I have no idea where the WBOx thing is at now... But please make it a big event! You could host tournaments for every coast, then the winner (and only the winner) would be to compete in the bigger event! Please do this. PLEASE! It would give everyone a chance and would encourage people to compete in the bigger event!

TEAMS

Not to long ago UltimateMaster and I had an idea for a team world tournament. Every team will have its own members compete in tournament. The leader and the three top players will form the team. Then they will compete against other teams. PLEASE MAKE THIS A THING!

Well that's my two cents. What do you think @~Mana~ and Kei?
Currently when you make new post in thread, where you post same day, your post only update and this isn't new post. Is possible to add feature, where when you make new post in thread, where you posted this day, this will be updated in thread listing and Latest Post too (I mean they go up of forum)?
After user success in Organizer's Quiz, Committee add them manually to Organizers usergroup in ACP. But this may take some time. MyBB have usergroup leader feature. Leaders can add users to usergroup in front end of site. Organized Play Contributors should be added to leader.
(Jul. 19, 2019  10:41 AM)ks123 Wrote: After user success in Organizer's Quiz, Committee add them manually to Organizers usergroup in ACP. But this may take some time. MyBB have usergroup leader feature. Leaders can add users to usergroup in front end of site. Organized Play Contributors should be added to leader.

I'm not sure if it is via the same functionality you are talking about here, but ~Mana~ actually added the ability recently for OP Contributors to update the usergroups of newly appoved Organizers.
(Jul. 25, 2019  6:15 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2019  10:41 AM)ks123 Wrote: After user success in Organizer's Quiz, Committee add them manually to Organizers usergroup in ACP. But this may take some time. MyBB have usergroup leader feature. Leaders can add users to usergroup in front end of site. Organized Play Contributors should be added to leader.

I'm not sure if it is via the same functionality you are talking about here, but ~Mana~ actually added the ability recently for OP Contributors to update the usergroups of newly appoved Organizers.

Is this httpsUncertaindomain.com/managegroup.php?gid=usergroup-ID?
It's the same functionality, yes.

I don't really think you need to be asking about administrative URLs, haha.
International Speak
After some posts, what I readed in forum about Countries Sub-forums, I got idea  DJ - Yeah! ! Currently should all countries need sub-forum, but all of these managing is nightmare. All of them should be in one high level category: International Speak. Under this is Beyblade General, Q&A etc, but all of them have language prefixes. When user make new thread, he must add prefix to thread and using this others can sort languages to find they language threads. And after little bit technical changing WBO should have feature to make Prefix Mod, who can manage this prefix threads.
Alright, this is ticking me off. Mini modding shouldn’t be a thing to warn people for! They’re simply telling the person they replied to stop doing what they’re doing (if it was wrong) to not do it any more!
(Aug. 03, 2019  5:01 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Alright, this is ticking me off. Mini modding shouldn’t be a thing to warn people for! They’re simply telling the person they replied to stop doing what they’re doing (if it was wrong) to not do it any more!

We appreciate your eagerness to help! However, it really is best if you see any posts potentially breaking the rules that you use the "Report this post to a moderator" functionality instead. Just click the three dots near the bottom right of any post and you should find it.

(Aug. 02, 2019  4:50 PM)ks123 Wrote: International Speak
After some posts, what I readed in forum about Countries Sub-forums, I got idea  DJ - Yeah! ! Currently should all countries need sub-forum, but all of these managing is nightmare. All of them should be in one high level category: International Speak. Under this is Beyblade General, Q&A etc, but all of them have language prefixes. When user make new thread, he must add prefix to thread and using this others can sort languages to find they language threads. And after little bit technical changing WBO should have feature to make Prefix Mod, who can manage this prefix threads.

This is an interesting idea. I'm a little wary of adding more prefixes, of how many people actually use the sorting functionality available in forums with the way it is available currently, and how many people would properly use prefixes. It seems like it might be more obvious for new users to understsand they need to post in the appropriate language forum rather than a prefix. Something for us to consider ...
(Aug. 08, 2019  3:27 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2019  5:01 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Alright, this is ticking me off. Mini modding shouldn’t be a thing to warn people for! They’re simply telling the person they replied to stop doing what they’re doing (if it was wrong) to not do it any more!

We appreciate your eagerness to help! However, it really is best if you see any posts potentially breaking the rules that you use the "Report this post to a moderator" functionality instead. Just click the three dots near the bottom right of any post and you should find it.
But why is it a thing? In my opinion, it’s kinda ridiculous from what Wombat sent me.

Coming from 3+ places with mods as power-using folks, the deal with mini-modding is that it obstructs a lot of things. Users can just report directly to a mod or use the report function. Most of the time, regular users make themselves look like mods (ex. Sounding really serious and formal, creating the illusion of being a poweruser) and that can fool new users. Other times, their directions may be too brash or not the right thing; leave it to mods to handle it the best way. And in a worse case, some mini-mods make it very obvious they want to become a mod (which automatically gets you blacklisted from being chosen as one later on)

You can help, but there are boundaries. Say, its okay to answer or help someone. But if youre constantly joining threads for the sake of warning a user or sounding like user, without helping them (ex. Telling them its the wrong topic, and not answering their question), then mods see that as a problem
(Aug. 08, 2019  4:26 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:

Coming from 3+ places with mods as power-using folks, the deal with mini-modding is that it obstructs a lot of things. Users can just report directly to a mod or use the report function. Most of the time, regular users make themselves look like mods (ex. Sounding really serious and formal, creating the illusion of being a poweruser) and that can fool new users. Other times, their directions may be too brash or not the right thing; leave it to mods to handle it the best way. And in a worse case, some mini-mods make it very obvious they want to become a mod (which automatically gets you blacklisted from being chosen as one later on)

You can help, but there are boundaries. Say, its okay to answer or help someone. But if youre constantly joining threads for the sake of warning a user or sounding like user, without helping them (ex. Telling them its the wrong topic, and not answering their question), then mods see that as a problem
That makes much more sense than what Wombat sent me (don’t want another warning). Thank you Joyful_3.
(Aug. 08, 2019  3:27 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2019  4:50 PM)ks123 Wrote: International Speak

This is an interesting idea. I'm a little wary of adding more prefixes, of how many people actually use the sorting functionality available in forums with the way it is available currently, and how many people would properly use prefixes. It seems like it might be more obvious for new users to understsand they need to post in the appropriate language forum rather than a prefix. Something for us to consider ...

Here may help XThreads. Prefix selection should move to top of the page and rename to Select Your Language. And with little changes is possible to make prefix required.
A few days ago, I had an idea. The idea was that the WBO got together all of their organizers to host a tournament in their area. The winner of each tournament gets a free spot in the finals at Anime North (or some other really big beyblade event). CitrusNinja3 had a similar idea to mine and I said that we should get planning. If there are any other organizers interested please PM me. We can make this happen!
How about adding a follow feature
(Sep. 06, 2019  1:29 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: A few days ago, I had an idea. The idea was that the WBO got together all of their organizers to host a tournament in their area. The winner of each tournament gets a free spot in the finals at Anime North (or some other really big beyblade event). CitrusNinja3 had a similar idea to mine and I said that we should get planning. If there are any other organizers interested please PM me. We can make this happen!

That's a godly a idea. So like a wbo world championship right? Who would pay for the winners trip to anime north tho?