Make your suggestions!

(Mar. 14, 2019  7:08 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2019  12:07 AM)Barreto Wrote: If it's possible I'd like a revamp of the WBO Beyblade Communities section. Starting with strictly requiring posts to have the [City/State, Country] prefix. I'd also like for it to have 2 more "layers" for more specific areas to include States and Cities like: Continent>Country>State>City (NA>United States>Florida>Miami).

Yeah, a revamp of this section is on our radar for sure. We do have a stickied thread asking people to include a location prefix, but it requires manual enforcement. As does ensuring multiple threads for the same area don't get created. However, even then if we stick to one thread per location it could cause issues down the road when the thread creator isn't active anymore, which means members of the community wouldn't be able to post announcements in the opening post.

Lots to consider here.

I thought about that (having threads where the OP and/or multiple posters have been inactive for a long time), so I thought there should be a rule (or some way to make it automatic) where if you don't log in for a set amount of time, say a month, the thread gets deleted, then whoever is still active in that city can create a new one.

It'd force people to stay active, leading to a better event community. The only downsides I can see is if people were subscribed to the thread they'll lose that notification; and you'll lose the ability to PM/Email people who once posted in the thread that are currently inactive.
(Mar. 20, 2019  11:36 PM)Barreto Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  7:08 PM)Kei Wrote: Yeah, a revamp of this section is on our radar for sure. We do have a stickied thread asking people to include a location prefix, but it requires manual enforcement. As does ensuring multiple threads for the same area don't get created. However, even then if we stick to one thread per location it could cause issues down the road when the thread creator isn't active anymore, which means members of the community wouldn't be able to post announcements in the opening post.

Lots to consider here.

I thought about that (having threads where the OP and/or multiple posters have been inactive for a long time), so I thought there should be a rule (or some way to make it automatic) where if you don't log in for a set amount of time, say a month, the thread gets deleted, then whoever is still active in that city can create a new one.

It'd force people to stay active, leading to a better event community. The only downsides I can see is if people were subscribed to the thread they'll lose that notification; and you'll lose the ability to PM/Email people who once posted in the thread that are currently inactive.

Id like to disagree with this. “Forcing people to stay active” is almost unhealthy on the internet, and it promotes internet > actual life and interests. Its almost no ones fault that theyre inactive, especially since they might be busy with school. Stressing people over staying on the internet is unhealthy
(Mar. 21, 2019  5:06 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Id like to disagree with this. “Forcing people to stay active” is almost unhealthy on the internet, and it promotes internet > actual life and interests. Its almost no ones fault that theyre inactive, especially since they might be busy with school. Stressing people over staying on the internet is unhealthy

It'd be more about organizers/thread creators staying active, and if they can't, what's the problem with deleting their thread? Besides, it'd take them 5-10 mins (once a month, so their thread doesn't get deleted) to log in and check if there's any new posts/messages. If they can't commit to that they probably shouldn't be heading their city/local area thread.
(Mar. 21, 2019  7:04 AM)Barreto Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  5:06 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Id like to disagree with this. “Forcing people to stay active” is almost unhealthy on the internet, and it promotes internet > actual life and interests. Its almost no ones fault that theyre inactive, especially since they might be busy with school. Stressing people over staying on the internet is unhealthy

It'd be more about organizers/thread creators staying active, and if they can't, what's the problem with deleting their thread? Besides, it'd take them 5-10 mins (once a month, so their thread doesn't get deleted) to log in and check if there's any new posts/messages. If they can't commit to that they probably shouldn't be heading their city/local area thread.

Im sure theres always temporary mods, or the WBO staff can install that policy. Mods are considered responsible, so theyll tell us when theyre on hiatus and when theyll get back online to help. And with that, a temporary mod comes. Other than that, blatantly encouraging users to overconsume internet is sad
Maybe future WBO should have existing thread detector. When user make thread, plugin automatically search similar named threads and user need confirm, that thread not maked yet. Some forums use this function.
Can Committee add one new Report Reason: Existing Thread?
I have two suggestions, first, creating an automated Moderator for simple community rules that are not followed like OWPs and cuss detection. This will make the human mod's jobs much more easy.

Second, can there be an option for a Dark Mode? For the OLED champs and the people who use this website late in the night after work/school, that would be really cool. I don't think it's too big of a step anyway since all you have to do is add a button that changes the CSS code to make white into black...
(Mar. 23, 2019  3:07 PM)ks123 Wrote: Maybe future WBO should have existing thread detector. When user make thread, plugin automatically search similar named threads and user need confirm, that thread not maked yet. Some forums use this function.

This is pretty complicated to do, so we're not hugely fussed on doing this right now. I'll add it to our list of ideas, but I can't really comment on whether it'll happen.

(Apr. 02, 2019  2:51 PM)ks123 Wrote: Can Committee add one new Report Reason: Existing Thread?

This can definitely happen though. I've added this now!

(Apr. 03, 2019  9:00 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: I have two suggestions, first, creating an automated Moderator for simple community rules that are not followed like OWPs and cuss detection. This will make the human mod's jobs much more easy.

We already have "cuss detection", which is why you see carp written in posts sometimes. That's bad words being converted into that.

It's hard to control one-word posts. We already have the forum set to reject posts that have less than 10 characters (whether that works, I don't know), which should really prevent those shorter posts from happening. Nonetheless, one-word posts fall under the larger issue of "low effort posts" if I'm being honest, which we're aiming to address.

(Apr. 03, 2019  9:00 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Second, can there be an option for a Dark Mode? For the OLED champs and the people who use this website late in the night after work/school, that would be really cool. I don't think it's too big of a step anyway since all you have to do is add a button that changes the CSS code to make white into black...

It's...really not as easy as you're making out, it's not just a button to click, someone has to do the work. Sure, it's just CSS tweaks as a second theme, but it still requires research and development time (including picking out what specifically needs a change of palette as not every colour works on black), as well as testing, implementation, figuring out how to address branched theme development etc.

We've heard the calls for a dark mode, and I addressed this myself recently as something we'll consider, but we just have larger priorities right now than turning the site black, haha.
(Apr. 03, 2019  10:06 AM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2019  3:07 PM)ks123 Wrote: Maybe future WBO should have existing thread detector. When user make thread, plugin automatically search similar named threads and user need confirm, that thread not maked yet. Some forums use this function.

This is pretty complicated to do, so we're not hugely fussed on doing this right now. I'll add it to our list of ideas, but I can't really comment on whether it'll happen.

(Apr. 02, 2019  2:51 PM)ks123 Wrote: Can Committee add one new Report Reason: Existing Thread?

This can definitely happen though. I've added this now!

(Apr. 03, 2019  9:00 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: I have two suggestions, first, creating an automated Moderator for simple community rules that are not followed like OWPs and cuss detection. This will make the human mod's jobs much more easy.

We already have "cuss detection", which is why you see carp written in posts sometimes. That's bad words being converted into that.

It's hard to control one-word posts. We already have the forum set to reject posts that have less than 10 characters (whether that works, I don't know), which should really prevent those shorter posts from happening. Nonetheless, one-word posts fall under the larger issue of "low effort posts" if I'm being honest, which we're aiming to address.

(Apr. 03, 2019  9:00 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Second, can there be an option for a Dark Mode? For the OLED champs and the people who use this website late in the night after work/school, that would be really cool. I don't think it's too big of a step anyway since all you have to do is add a button that changes the CSS code to make white into black...

It's...really not as easy as you're making out, it's not just a button to click, someone has to do the work. Sure, it's just CSS tweaks as a second theme, but it still requires research and development time (including picking out what specifically needs a change of palette as not every colour works on black), as well as testing, implementation, figuring out how to address branched theme development etc.

We've heard the calls for a dark mode, and I addressed this myself personally as something we'll consider, but we just have larger priorities right now than turning the site black, haha.

Oh OK. I'm so sorry for not checking first...
I think WBO will replace current tagging system to MentionMe or DVZ Mentions. MentionMe is little bit better, because you can search user using this.

And one more idea: I know Blader Map removed before big site theme replace, but one new UserMap plugin is here: APB Usermap.
A more carefree environment would be nice
It seems like every post made so easily turns into either into a “your wrong, Im right” kinda thing, an argument, or a moderator closing your thread that’s been around for a year. I know that’s just how things are and that moderators are awesome members of the community and have a lot on their plate, it’s just frustrating and makes me want to stray away from this sight.
If possible, since roleplaying results in spam, is there some way to find another place to roleplay? UiValkyrieBurst's roleplay thread shut down a long time ago, but it went on for a while. (Warning. Here comes the emotional side of me from watching too much Violet Evergarden and Chuunibyou. Jk, YOU CAN NEVER WATCH TOO MUCH VIOLET EVERGARDEN OR CHUUNIBYOU!!!) A lot of people were having so much fun, being free from the Boundaries of judgement from other people who don't understand them. They were making their own stories and dreams coming to reality. Being who they always dreamed they could be. Living their fantasy in their world. (And so ends my emotional speech XD)
(May. 15, 2019  12:20 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: If possible, since roleplaying results in spam, is there some way to find another place to roleplay? UiValkyrieBurst's roleplay thread shut down a long time ago, but it went on for a while. (Warning. Here comes the emotional side of me from watching too much Violet Evergarden and Chuunibyou. Jk, YOU CAN NEVER WATCH TOO MUCH VIOLET EVERGARDEN OR CHUUNIBYOU!!!) A lot of people were having so much fun, being free from the Boundaries of judgement from other people who don't understand them. They were making their own stories and dreams coming to reality. Being who they always dreamed they could be. Living their fantasy in their world. (And so ends my emotional speech XD)

(I know this isnt a suggestion, mods, but I just want to provide some rebuttal for this? )

Im not sure if the mods want "add roleplaying" apart of their list for improvements and things to work on. Given that this is a site for discussing and talking about Beyblade. In other words, its a forum. Forums are supposed to have productive threads to talk about something (in this case, we talk about Beyblade's Canon + Products + Fanon ideas worth sharing (such as stories and original characters)

I think roleplaying can be done in PM (I forgot whether theres an option to PM multiple people for one conversation). It doesnt help that roleplaying focuses on too much of Fanon material, such as character ships and OC stuff. Simply, it is somewhat "unneeded," whereas threads about Beyblade fanfics are productive; thats because Beyblade fanfics threads talk about Beyblade and usually have some relation to Canon

Roleplaying threads are usually stubby. Believe me, Ive seen so many roleplays with two word/one sentence responses like "Tyson sighed." There are other places to roleplay; keep the public forums for productive discussion about creations and the series, etc

tdlr: Roleplaying isnt really necessary, as this is a "forums"
(May. 15, 2019  1:05 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 15, 2019  12:20 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: If possible, since roleplaying results in spam, is there some way to find another place to roleplay? UiValkyrieBurst's roleplay thread shut down a long time ago, but it went on for a while. (Warning. Here comes the emotional side of me from watching too much Violet Evergarden and Chuunibyou. Jk, YOU CAN NEVER WATCH TOO MUCH VIOLET EVERGARDEN OR CHUUNIBYOU!!!) A lot of people were having so much fun, being free from the Boundaries of judgement from other people who don't understand them. They were making their own stories and dreams coming to reality. Being who they always dreamed they could be. Living their fantasy in their world. (And so ends my emotional speech XD)

(I know this isnt a suggestion, mods, but I just want to provide some rebuttal for this? )

Im not sure if the mods want "add roleplaying" apart of their list for improvements and things to work on. Given that this is a site for discussing and talking about Beyblade. In other words, its a forum. Forums are supposed to have productive threads to talk about something (in this case, we talk about Beyblade's Canon + Products + Fanon ideas worth sharing (such as stories and original characters)

I think roleplaying can be done in PM (I forgot whether theres an option to PM multiple people for one conversation). It doesnt help that roleplaying focuses on too much of Fanon material, such as character ships and OC stuff. Simply, it is somewhat "unneeded," whereas threads about Beyblade fanfics are productive; thats because Beyblade fanfics threads talk about Beyblade and usually have some relation to Canon

Roleplaying threads are usually stubby. Believe me, Ive seen so many roleplays with two word/one sentence responses like "Tyson sighed." There are other places to roleplay; keep the public forums for productive discussion about creations and the series, etc

OK fine. But to be fair, pm's only allow 5 people at a time. Its a lot more fun with more people
(May. 15, 2019  1:21 AM)boigamer25 Wrote:
(May. 15, 2019  1:05 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: (I know this isnt a suggestion, mods, but I just want to provide some rebuttal for this? )

OK fine. But to be fair, pm's only allow 5 people at a time. Its a lot more fun with more people

I mean, if your only reason is that PM only allows 5 people at one time, then theres little theyre going to do. The mods will also push aside the request if it were the same for one person saying "I want these threads allowed because I wanna talk with more than 5 people."

Simply, they wont put roleplaying as their high priority if thats the only reason. WBO is for Beyblade and its tournaments, products, discussion, etc. WBO isnt going to be known as a roleplay website
(May. 15, 2019  1:24 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 15, 2019  1:21 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: OK fine. But to be fair, pm's only allow 5 people at a time. Its a lot more fun with more people

I mean, if your only reason is that PM only allows 5 people at one time, then theres little theyre going to do. The mods will also push aside the request if it were the same for one person saying "I want these threads allowed because I wanna talk with more than 5 people."

Simply, they wont put roleplaying as their high priority if thats the only reason. WBO is for Beyblade and its tournaments, products, discussion, etc. WBO isnt going to be known as a roleplay website
Well, mana somewhat considered it

(Feb. 13, 2019  8:50 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2019  4:29 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Has WBO considered having a Roleplaying forum? Sometimes it seems like some of the other posters would really like to post as if they are Beyblade anime characters, complete with their beys infused with mystical spirits, you know, really getting into character. And I think if they had a separate subforum for that, then they could safely go crazy with that in a judgment-free zone, instead of roleplaying... on every post... in every other forum.

I realize it's not the WBO's intended purpose, but like it or not, this place is the de-facto BeyBlade center of the world, so, maybe give them some options.

Yeah, normally we try to shut that stuff down completely because it typically amounts to spam and not something more thoughtful. But it's something we could consider. Any thoughts @[~Mana~]?
Live chat forums?
(May. 15, 2019  1:59 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Live chat forums?

I like the idea of that on WBO.org! Though, I guess I’ll have to make my mind whether I want the official Discord or not
(May. 07, 2019  5:58 PM)ks123 Wrote: I think WBO will replace current tagging system to MentionMe or DVZ Mentions. MentionMe is little bit better, because you can search user using this.

And one more idea: I know Blader Map removed before big site theme replace, but one new UserMap plugin is here: APB Usermap.

We'll definitely consider one of these. Thanks!

Map is not coming back, sorry!

(May. 14, 2019  8:26 PM)HappyRhino Wrote: A more carefree environment would be nice
It seems like every post made so easily turns into either into a “your wrong, Im right” kinda thing, an argument, or a moderator closing your thread that’s been around for a year. I know that’s just how things are and that moderators are awesome members of the community and have a lot on their plate, it’s just frustrating and makes me want to stray away from this sight.

I don't know what specific instances you are talking about, but in terms of moderation I do think it's important to note we recently gave all WBO Contributors moderator powers as well in order to help with moderation. Especially with a forum of this size, it becomes critical that we try to stay on top of things to keep them organized. Regrettably, not all members are going to read the rules or search the forums for older threads that might apply to their question or topic, so moderation is needed.

Moderators are human too and sometimes we make mistakes, but everyone is trying to do what they think is best. If you point out some of the instances where you felt like things should have been handled differently, please feel free to post about it here (in a constructive way).
I seed much of forums, where old staff get special user label (in WBO Member, Organizer, Contributor, Committee, Banned). I think Bey Brad will get Founder label and other old staff Former Staff label. This will be help remember them Smile
I think that there should be an option where you can choose certain members to not have a wait time for PMs with. (Example: Me and @#Fafnir)
(Jun. 17, 2019  4:42 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I think that there should be an option where you can choose certain members to not have a wait time for PMs with. (Example: Me and @#Fafnir)

I agree. You can choose what members you don't want to have a timer on. Would that work?
I wish Bits weren't so rare. As a blader who will not and does not go to tournaments, I can, if I'm lucky, get two Bits per year. If the WBO had more contests and similar things, it might be easier to get them. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the current system, but making it slightly easier to get Bits would also be nice.
(Jun. 18, 2019  5:32 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: I wish Bits weren't so rare. As a blader who will not and does not go to tournaments, I can, if I'm lucky, get two Bits per year. If the WBO had more contests and similar things, it might be easier to get them. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the current system, but making it slightly easier to get Bits would also be nice.

We would certainly like to do this. The problem is that Bits must be manually awarded by administrators right now. Moderators can't do it and there's no way for awarding them en masse ... which leaves just two people who can do it at the moment: ~Mana~ and myself.

~Mana~ would be able to speak more to it, but there is a better plugin available for this which has things like automation features for awarding Bits to users that have met certain requirements. It has been on our radar for a long time now. It just hasn't risen to the top of our priority list yet.
(Jun. 19, 2019  8:21 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  5:32 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: I wish Bits weren't so rare. As a blader who will not and does not go to tournaments, I can, if I'm lucky, get two Bits per year. If the WBO had more contests and similar things, it might be easier to get them. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the current system, but making it slightly easier to get Bits would also be nice.

We would certainly like to do this. The problem is that Bits must be manually awarded by administrators right now. Moderators can't do it and there's no way for awarding them en masse ... which leaves just two people who can do it at the moment: ~Mana~ and myself.

~Mana~ would be able to speak more to it, but there is a better plugin available for this which has things like automation features for awarding Bits to users that have met certain requirements. It has been on our radar for a long time now. It just hasn't risen to the top of our priority list yet.
Kei, what about me and #Fafnir’s suggestion?