MFB: Zero-G :: Primer and Random Thoughts Thread

:: MFB: Zero-G ::
Primer and Random Thoughts Thread

Welcome to the primer and random thoughts thread for the MFB: Zero-G format! In this format, Metal Fight Beyblades are used (all parts are legal), and battles are conducted in one of the Zero-G stadiums!

If you want more detail about what the Zero-G format is, keep reading! If you just want to talk about the format in general, simply post here! Remember, while you may discuss random thoughts pertaining to the Zero-G format, you need to follow the all the rules of the forum so you don't spam!

:: What is the Zero-G Format? ::

The Zero-G format is a variant of the MFB: Standard format where instead of using the normal BB-10 stadium, battles take place in one of the swaying Zero-G stadiums!

:: What Beyblade parts can I use? ::

All Metal Fight Beyblade parts are legal in this format! Be careful, though; all parts behave very differently due to the movement of the stadium!

:: What stadium do I use? ::

All tournaments for the MFB: Zero-G format will use one of the Zero-G stadiums, the most popular of which is the BBG-3/BBG-4 Zero-G Attack Type Stadium:

[Image: Zero_G_Attack_Type_BeyStadium.png]
Clear Zero-G Attack Type Stadium

Like the BB-10, these stadiums have only been released in Asia, meaning one would have to buy one of these stadiums online. That said, it should be noted that for those who are interested in becoming a serious WBO tournament goer who wants to participate in Zero-G tournaments, this would be an extremely useful and highly entertaining purchase.

With that, welcome (back) to the Zero-G format! If you have any questions or random thoughts regarding this format, post them here!
I don't understand why people actually think F230CF/GCF is broke. Just use Duo SA165BWD, and that counters Dragooon, and OS's Genbull and Duo F230CF/GCF.
(Mar. 10, 2014  10:55 AM)WATER KING Wrote: can I use F230 in the zero G format
Yes, you could. But the main concern is the orange F230 in the Zero-G stadium.

(Dec. 12, 2013  1:03 AM)Snoop Dog MS Wrote: I don't understand why people actually think F230CF/GCF is broke. Just use Duo SA165BWD, and that counters Dragooon, and OS's Genbull and Duo F230CF/GCF.
I couldn't agree more.

I remember seeing a testing video from TheWhiteTiger, being Dragoon_ F230CF and Genbull Dragoon CH120BWD. I remember CH120 doing lots better than F230. I guarantee Genbull Dragoon CH120BWD could beat Duo_F230CF too!
(Dec. 12, 2013  1:03 AM)Snoop Dog MS Wrote: I don't understand why people actually think F230CF/GCF is broke. Just use Duo SA165BWD, and that counters Dragooon, and OS's Genbull and Duo F230CF/GCF.
There are still lots of other top tier combos you know...
It's broken because it beats tons of other combos and there are no solid counters.
Just sayin'.
Guys, if your Dragooon F230CF/GCF custom is losing to Duo SA165BWD, it needs cleaning.

A good mold of F230 can and will absolutely stomp both of those customs into the pavement effortlessly.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Why-F230...pid1195847

The only real viable "counter" we have to Dragoon F230, is Dragooon SA165BWD, which isn't the most competitive combination in the first place, and only seems to work on certain playing surfaces. Any combo that can do that well is too good to be legal IMO.

(Mar. 10, 2014  10:55 AM)WATER KING Wrote: can I use F230 in the zero G format

Yes, it is legal. People have been discussing banning it recently, or specific variants of customs associated with it, but nothing's been decided yet, so it is legal.
Dragooon SA165BWD isn't certainly competitive- agreed. It is Dragooon (a chrome wheel with bad balance) on a tall track and a laughably bad balance tip (had fun typing that)

As for surfaces- cardboard is in the Rulebooks though- so I believe experimenting is key to discovery.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Staying on topic though- Has anyone tested SF or BSF for sway defense? They seem to resist sway good enough for me, especially MSF-H Revizer^2/Genbull^2 E230SF.
"Staying on topic" isn't necessary, LOL. This thread is for any random discussion on ZRG customs, so you're perfectly on-topic. Smile

Banking against anything right-spin with Dragooon F230 is incorrect. The only customs you would ever bank against would be Dragooon SA165TB/MB, which you'll hardly ever face anyway. You also only launch to sway against same-spin D-series/B : D Stamina. Dragooon F230 cannot Sway-KO right-spin Bearing Drive.

If Genbull B : D is out-spinning Dragooon F230, your F230 is not working properly. What brand is it? Hasbro or TT? Which color is it? It should also be able to neutralize Zero-G Attack when launched at 50-60% power, if it's a clean, effective orange mold (it will lose if it isn't - the free-spinning function is what allows the Bottom to avoid swinging up the edge of the stadium, so if the movement is hindered beating it with Zero-G Attack is very easy).

In fact, just to say it, Dragooon F230 customs without an effective, clean F230 are actually quite horrible. They're not just bad for an F230 custom, they're bad period. SA165GF/GCF would be worlds better in any and every situation.

An effective orange Takara F230 that's clean, with no plastic residue on the inside will wreck every custom you just listed easily.

As for cardboard, I haven't looked into it much yet save a couple dozen informal rounds, but here in NC and up in Virginia the bladers use plastic tabletops, and other surfaces are used in other places (IIRC they use hardwood in TO, and tough carpet in MD). The hindrance of sway on cardboard is actually kinda shocking to me, to the point where I'd question whether or not using such a surface is a good idea for testing/tournament play, as the outcome could very well be drastically different from what would result using a hard, smooth surface (I might've been using a particularly restrictive piece of cardboard, though).
My F230 is Takara orange one, its good but has problems of wearing real quick. Dont know if that could be the source, but then when at prime it spins like 3,2-5,0 seconds. Thats good enough right?

LOL Dragooon SA165MB? That thing is a scrape bomb because of MB and SA165.

I said Genbull outspun F230 not because of the bad F230. Its just when i tried these launches it got wrecked all over the place. It's crazy. Too much stamina to weak launch, too low to effectively knock off balance, and sway resistance equal to TB if not better.

Dragooon F230 won't have a hard time beating Dragooon Stamina because Dragooon itself is a terrible Stamina chrome wheel. Its balance is just plain bad.

As for surfaces, I tested on ceramic floors, because I dare not test on tabletops, or any elevated surface
My first EWD broke after LDG BD145RF slammed an uncustomized Killer Beafowl off my bed into the floor. Good thing i got another one long after that happened.
SA165 is primarily a leaning track to improve precision however I like the solid counter (Dragoon SA165MB) to Dragoon F230 in many ways.

I feel like MB has some aggressiveness which could lead to sway KO but i like when it sits in the center with high velocity to give it a KO when using any attack MW.
MB is like literally the least aggressive Bottom in Zero-G, haha. There's a reason it's the #1 Zero-G Defense Bottom out there.

Weak launching, banking, and Zero-G Attack launching are not the only launches you can use with F230. Why does everybody think that? LOL, against like 90% of everything you just use a straight shot. It should OS Genbull^2 B : D extremely easily. If it can't, it likely is having some problems with wear/plastic residue buildup.

Regardless, the problematic F230 Tracks in the tournament scene right now certainly aren't losing to Synchrom B : D customs, so...
bwd is one of my favorite "d" tips it really provides alot of spin no wonder it won
Is a Samurai Samurai synchrome possible?
(May. 20, 2014  12:45 PM)mkarthick Wrote: Is a Samurai Samurai synchrome possible?

That's not a synchrome, in fact, that wouldn't be allowed for usage, because of it being straight up plastic, no metal.

Are you referring to Samurai Ifraid?
(May. 20, 2014  12:52 PM)-Midnight Wrote:
(May. 20, 2014  12:45 PM)mkarthick Wrote: Is a Samurai Samurai synchrome possible?

That's not a synchrome, in fact, that wouldn't be allowed for usage, because of it being straight up plastic, no metal.

Are you referring to Samurai Ifraid?

Isn't Samurai the chrome wheel in Samurai Ifraid? I'm new to Zero-G, so please have patience.

Edit: I get it now.
Samurai is the Crystal Wheel, haha. Ifraid is the Chrome Wheel. But yes, a Ifraid Ifraid synchrome is possible.
What's the heaviest chrome wheel, then? Wouldn't a synchrome of that be excellent?
Wyvang is, and yes it is pretty awesome.
did anyone ever used SA165WSF balance at Tournament?

i really dunno where to post so posting here

i think it's pretty good but still no one use it