Poll: Should this be stickied?

Yes
58.61%
No
9.81%
Needs more work before it's stickied
31.58%
Total: 100% 418 vote(s)
This is not the place to ask your first question. Read the competitive combo's topic.
No, they are not in order, as has been stated a number of times.
The questions about Duo could be found easily if you bothered to read its testing/discussion thread.
are we gonna put RB and RDF top tier for defence bottoms?Rb has some amazing defense capabilities, proving better than cs.not that ive tested it, but ive seen the results.
By the way, why dont we move some stuff down from tier 2 to tier 3???seiriously, does rock ch120 rf even have a chance agians a Pre-HWS libra BD145 cs?
(Jan. 07, 2012  8:24 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2012  8:15 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: The point of a tier list is that it has everything or nearly everything in it.

IMO, it is to show what a good part to use is.
tier 1: best of the best
tier 2: can get some wins, but you wont get that far
tier 3: only if you do not have access to tier 1 or 2. your lucky if you get some wins

Seriously! And why is Hell in attack!? I have never had any luck with it and even if I did, LLD is much better anyway, hell doesn't even belong in tier 2 attack anyway
hell is allright as an attack wheel, but its not the best. but not terrible so that why its in tier 2 ^__^ why u havnt had luck with it, i dont know, maybe ur not using the right parts
It's pretty sluggish from my experience.

More like why it belongs in tier 3, away from lightning lol.
ok whatever everyone else thinks
(Jan. 14, 2012  3:19 AM)Gibraltor Wrote: It's pretty sluggish from my experience.

There's nothing wrong with Hell, to be honest. Smile
Yes, it may be considered inferior to Lightning, Vulcan, Gravity, and a few more wheels in Tier 2, but it certainly doesn't deserve to be counted among the Tier 3 parts. It is probably one of the few reasons why people want the parts in the list to be in order of their performance. Smile
So in short, its better to keep it in Tier 2.
It has(read- had) decent weight in comparison to other parts, has a reasonably wide Attack range, the fly-wheel effect it produces adds a bit to its smash, and talking of Smash, it has decent amounts of it. The problem is, it also has too much of recoil. It had dropped out of use since a long time, but it made a return recently, with the combo- Hell Aquario H145R²F. Whether it cast a long lasting impression, or it was just a cameo appearance, I don't know. Smile
Back to what lord Wolfy said then.

In the real world Tiers are reserved for the elite. If ultra wants to give guidance on what parts fit in which category, he needs to have 3 tiers, and then he needs a seperate entity saying that these certain parts suck to be in a tier, but if you must use them, this is their best use.
Hell is still better than these, though-
And hence, it is one of the top class wheels in Tier 2, bettered out only by Lightning and Gravity. I even consider Vulcan to be better(the reason why you do not see its name in the list above), but Hell is still greater in comparison to majority of wheels in Tier 2.

EDIT- Read through Ultrablader's list once again, and noticed- Only Tier 1 MWs aren't in an order. Other Tiers are in order. Hence, Hell is just outperformed by Lightning and Gravity. So, Mystery Solved
Um what are you talking about? Nothing is currently in order.
(Dec. 20, 2010  11:08 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Do not comment that the tier 1 attack wheels aren't in order. I don't want them in order. If you comment on this I will verbally attack you/report your post.

NOTE: Tier 1 attack wheels are not in any order.

This...
It says Tier 1 parts aren't in order...
Oh carp. That's left over from a while ago. I'll replace is since none of the list is in any order due to how difficult it would be to put it in an order. I also feel that doing other things to the list is more important.
Look, I don't have Basalt, and I only have one hell, so for the longest hell was my only defensive wheel. At this point I have death quetzalcoatl and variares, both outperform hell entirely.

Long of the short, there is no way hell outperforms any left spinners, and definitely not vulcan.
(Jan. 14, 2012  3:05 AM)Gibraltor Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2012  8:24 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2012  8:15 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: The point of a tier list is that it has everything or nearly everything in it.

IMO, it is to show what a good part to use is.
tier 1: best of the best
tier 2: can get some wins, but you wont get that far
tier 3: only if you do not have access to tier 1 or 2. your lucky if you get some wins

Seriously! And why is Hell in attack!? I have never had any luck with it and even if I did, LLD is much better anyway, hell doesn't even belong in tier 2 attack anyway

Hell has a couple of very good combos that can actually stand up to the likes of LLD. Well, one, actually - but, it's still something.

(Jan. 14, 2012  5:03 PM)Gibraltor Wrote: Back to what lord Wolfy said then.

In the real world Tiers are reserved for the elite. If ultra wants to give guidance on what parts fit in which category, he needs to have 3 tiers, and then he needs a seperate entity saying that these certain parts suck to be in a tier, but if you must use them, this is their best use.

We have long since discussed and defined the purpose of this thread, and tiering does not actually have to be "ONLY THE BEST, EVER" - in fact, if you'll look at any multiple-character game tier list ever made, they typically include absolutely every character, down to the very worst ones.

(Jan. 15, 2012  4:10 PM)Gibraltor Wrote: Look, I don't have Basalt, and I only have one hell, so for the longest hell was my only defensive wheel. At this point I have death quetzalcoatl and variares, both outperform hell entirely.

Long of the short, there is no way hell outperforms any left spinners, and definitely not vulcan.

So you don't have the most basic Defense part to be testing against.

MF Hell Aquario H145R2F actually can KO MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS, which is something absolutely no existing Vulcan combo can do, and most Lightning and Gravity combos also flounder uselessly in its presence.
Isnt RDF a defense bottom? I dont see it placed.
Yes, it is.
The list ain't updated yet, you know. Give Ultra some time, and he will have RDF added in soon enough.
(Jan. 14, 2012  4:55 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2012  3:19 AM)Gibraltor Wrote: It's pretty sluggish from my experience.

There's nothing wrong with Hell, to be honest. Smile
Yes, it may be considered inferior to Lightning, Vulcan, Gravity, and a few more wheels in Tier 2, but it certainly doesn't deserve to be counted among the Tier 3 parts. It is probably one of the few reasons why people want the parts in the list to be in order of their performance. Smile
So in short, its better to keep it in Tier 2.
It has(read- had) decent weight in comparison to other parts, has a reasonably wide Attack range, the fly-wheel effect it produces adds a bit to its smash, and talking of Smash, it has decent amounts of it. The problem is, it also has too much of recoil. It had dropped out of use since a long time, but it made a return recently, with the combo- Hell Aquario H145R²F. Whether it cast a long lasting impression, or it was just a cameo appearance, I don't know. Smile

To follow up on the Hell discussion, I do have success with a BRAND NEW HELL Libra 100 R2F, I just killed MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145 MB. badly. Hell deserves its place in Tier 2, Basalt can get KOed, yet can Vulcan do that? no. Hell is an overlooked part, I suggest more tests on Hell, Screw, and FB

yes, I have success with all three, maybe my screwed launch for them, but I did manage to OS a Flame ____ 145 WD with Screw Byxis 85 R2F. once
Has anyone gotten their hands on Kreis Cygnus? The Cygnus CW seems to be a pretty good CW to replace bull with it's weight and design for stamina with phantom and defense IMO..
(sigh)... some of these parts shouldn't be there!
here are a few:
Dark
Rock
grand
Thermal
B
and DEFINITLY NOT these:
Cyber
Counter

the only top tier these would fit in is for bad recoil, or just bad parts!
(Jan. 21, 2012  3:53 PM)bakumj14 Wrote: (sigh)... some of these parts shouldn't be there!
here are a few:
Dark
Rock
grand
Thermal
B
and DEFINITLY NOT these:
Cyber
Counter

the only top tier these would fit in is for bad recoil, or just bad parts!

This aims to be a list of the ability/tier of ALL parts, not a top tier list.

And all the parts you listed have some use in lower tiers, except cyber.

Seriously, read things before posting, or just stop posting all together...
basalt is not better than duo in stamina
(Jan. 21, 2012  4:13 PM)seknadje Wrote: basalt is not better than duo in stamina

the tier list is not in order
(Jan. 21, 2012  10:34 AM)shiwei87tan Wrote: Has anyone gotten their hands on Kreis Cygnus? The Cygnus CW seems to be a pretty good CW to replace bull with it's weight and design for stamina with phantom and defense IMO..

You have no evidence to support that. Especially since you don't own one.
According to AkirasDaddy's video, the Cygnus CW weighs 3.26 grams. However, how well-balanced it is comparatively has yet to be seen...
(Jan. 21, 2012  7:43 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2012  10:34 AM)shiwei87tan Wrote: Has anyone gotten their hands on Kreis Cygnus? The Cygnus CW seems to be a pretty good CW to replace bull with it's weight and design for stamina with phantom and defense IMO..

You have no evidence to support that. Especially since you don't own one.

THAT'S why I said it seems to be and IMO! And that's also why I'm asking nicely if anyone has gotten their hand on it to see if what IMO is right or wrong..