Poll: Should this be stickied?

Yes
58.61%
No
9.81%
Needs more work before it's stickied
31.58%
Total: 100% 418 vote(s)
RDF has stamina only slightly better than RS, and is not aggressive enough to be anywhere near as good as RF/R2F/LRF. It's certainly more viable than RS, but it has very similar weaknesses.

I still prefer CS, because RDF still has too little stamina for any attacker with a well distributed wheel/passable stamina and an RS/RSF-like weakness to left spin (maybe not quite as pronounced, but still not good). It's an awesome defense tip, but to even suggest it as having stamina is laughable, and you're severely overestimating it's attack abilities, in a metagame where things like Variares and Blitz need all the speed they can get to succeed

Currently, everything except RF, LRF, and R2F should probably be removed from tier 1 attack and dropped to tier 2, s there are not currently any viable attack combo's which use them. CS also needs a note stating that this only applies to very aggressive ones, but generally RF is simply a far more reliable choice. F and HF can move to Tier 3, WF should remain, it's roughly on par with or better than MF, the only reason it was less popular was rarity and scraping on BD145. RDF could probably sit comfortably in Tier 2, as well.

You could create a Tier Four, even, for SF, JB, WB, FS, F: D, and maybe LF (though that could even go a tier below, it is so utterly horrid).

Oh, as for stamina: W2D and EWD should be added to tier 2. They're very similar to WD, but generally WD is preferred, and it's not like a significant amount of new testing will be done on them any time soon Speechless

Man, I hope Mercury gets an unpainted release, knowing so little about it bugs me.

Nightmare can go in Tier 2 defense, it's roughly on par with Earth, maybe slightly worse, but I'd use it over Grand any day.

Also, Ultrablader, if you want me to do this all up in a draft of the list to save you working through it all, just give me a yell. I would do it anyway, but this is your thing and I don't want to step on any toes.
That would be good if you don't mind. I've got a lot of school work to do over the holiday.
I would add Duo for tier 1 stamina and tier 1 defense and Death to tier 1 defense.....curse you basalt.....
Duo is actually better than death for defense, by the way.
Not really the place to ask, but generally yes, if you are talking about stamina. However, if the Phantom weighs significantly more than the Duo, then Phantom will win (check the advanced forum discussion on Variations in Weights of 4D's). My Phantom, for example, gets 80-95 percent against my duo (you can check that number in the duo discussion thread), but for others, it's Duo beating Phantom 100%.
Phantom also has more recoil, but it has better attack (though attack mode duo is quite unconventional and could still hold some suprises...)
Was wondering whether a balance bit should be created due to things like Basalt BD145CS/MB and most other comes really where BD145/low tracks/230/TH170 are used with wheels like Basalt, scythe and Phantom with CS or RDF which clearly makes them not stamina types. Also in my two week long holiday after my exam in January I will be updating the list and putting in force the kind of updates people had requested months ago where alongside each part there would be spoilers saying the best combos to use in that type with that part. Hopefully that will change this from a thread which is badmouthed by everyone into a useful resource.
Despite what you may hear, RDF is a purely defensive tip, it's attack is poor and it has stamina similar to RSF, at least less than CS.

Other than that, I don't know, we already list parts in multiple categories if they are balanced parts, and defining something as balance type is generally done on a combo-by-combo basis.

I don't think this thread is badmouthed by anyone tbh.

EDIT: Also just realised I forgot to do that draft update for you! Sorry! I will get onto it tomorrow or Wednesday!
That's fine man. I'll do it soon. I haven't really followed the testing section recently so that's fine. I see your point about the balance thing but combos like Gravity 85WD/CS/ and stamina type MW combo using a CS clearly aren't stamina combos and I think that should be made clear. I would only think about this for when the updates are made so that combos are stated alongside the parts. Not badmouth I guess but i've never really gotten a comment from any one saying that this is nice or whatever. Even when proper Tier list was neglected completly. That comment will probably come off as being egotistical or whatever but I don't really care.
I pointed people to this when the top tier list was severely out of date, ahah. I've always liked the list.

I would be wary of making it too similar to the top tier list, though, I think the committee are rather protective of that Tongue_out
This list should be a compendium of classification of every part, and its functionality in the types it is suited to, not one of the best of the best.

Other than that "limitation", I do not see any problem with categorizing more thoroughly...
You should do tests for Wing Pegasus, L-Drago Guardian, Duo Uranus, Death Quetzalcoatl, Fusion Hades, and Diablo Nemesis to see if they're top tier.
(Dec. 27, 2011  12:14 AM)Harkins Wrote: You should do tests for Wing Pegasus, L-Drago Guardian, Duo Uranus, Death Quetzalcoatl, Fusion Hades, and Diablo Nemesis to see if they're top tier.

You should try not posting such pointless things in the wrong places. We already have threads for existing Beyblades, and we will not test things that are not available because we cannot.
(Dec. 27, 2011  12:14 AM)Hazel Wrote: This list should be a compendium of classification of every part, and its functionality in the types it is suited to, not one of the best of the best.

Other than that "limitation", I do not see any problem with categorizing more thoroughly...

Every part? Even the useless or very outclassed ones? If so then I can do that. That was my original reason but the competitive side of it took over.
More information is never harmful.
Okay that's fine but what about things like M145 and Q which have no use in any of the types whatsoever. Also Hazel do you think the Balance section is a good idea?
M145 and Q can just be removed from history entirely.

Balance is a good idea, since we get tons of requests about Balance anyway, although... it's more suited to combos, not individual parts.
Then that would end up being similar to the Balance section in the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos thread.
Both have some attack use, though they are bad, they would be the bottom-of-the-barrel for attack type parts, and still classifiable as attack type. Q might actually be better than say, EDS (which can go aggressive) for attack. :\

Though, if anyone chimes in to say they did well with M145 as an attack type, I will attempt to burn their eyebrows off over the internet.

It would be hard to split. CS can be either Attack or Def/Stam. WB is actually Def/Stam, MB... Then there's MF/WF/XF, the attack/stamina balance tips... No idea how you'd try to classify them...
Another thing is that there aren't really any bad wheels for balance. The only ones notable enough to even be balance types are very good ones. As for classification the need for that is kind of done away with by elaboration for each part. For example the spoiler for CS would describe how it's used in several types which vary depending on the combo and what tyPe the CS is.
Add Death to the tier lists pwease
(Dec. 27, 2011  2:57 AM)Nemesis Wrote: Add Death to the tier lists pwease

Be patient and don't make posts just to nag, pwease.

UltraBlader: Sounds good to me. For balance, there's Basalt, Duo, Scythe, Death, Phantom (it has two modes, but attack mode in attack combo's has good stamina relative to other options on the same parts), Meteo, Gravity, etc etc.
I'm fine w/ what Th!nk said Phantom definitely needs to be there in balance(when there will eventually be a balance section).Leaving metal wheels aside what about tracks and such. In CW's I think we should have cancer there.Bottoms should be discussed...
(Dec. 27, 2011  1:53 AM)th!nk Wrote: Both have some attack use, though they are bad, they would be the bottom-of-the-barrel for attack type parts, and still classifiable as attack type. Q might actually be better than say, EDS (which can go aggressive) for attack. :\

Though, if anyone chimes in to say they did well with M145 as an attack type, I will attempt to burn their eyebrows off over the internet.

It would be hard to split. CS can be either Attack or Def/Stam. WB is actually Def/Stam, MB... Then there's MF/WF/XF, the attack/stamina balance tips... No idea how you'd try to classify them...

You may also consider DS as a Defense/Stamina tip... At least its better than that WB... Tongue_out
CS is probably the only tip which excels in all three categories. Just needs a different launch technique...
The best way to classify them, IMO, would be sub-categorizing the Balance list.
Or, to follow the tradition of the existing Tier list, we may make use of brackets. Example-
Balance tips-
CS (Attack; Defense/Stamina)
DS (Defense/Stamina)
XF (Attack/Stamina)

@Your most recent post- I won't consider Meteo there. Its just useful for spin stealing, and nothing else... It sucks against the current 4D parts, IMO.
And, the Attack Mode of Phantom is also more versatile in comparison to the Stamina mode. Smile

H8R- BD145 could be included, and even TH170. Except for these two, I see no other parts which can be decent for Balance combos. GB145 can be taken into consideration though, as it was a good Defense track, which also found Attack use along with Beat. Smile
As for the bottoms, th!nk has them listed, and I added one! So, the discussion may proceed as expected. Tongue_out
I've already stated the way i'm going do it. Doing it the way you and th!nk said would be hard and odd to portray.