MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

Was the divine crown tri145 d ftlr the random booster 8 or the hasbro version.

Ment to say from. Btw
Mine was from the Hasbro version. I also heard people sayin the TT version isn't that free while the rolllers are spinning.
(May. 26, 2014  6:59 AM)PhantomX Wrote: Mine was from the Hasbro version. I also heard people sayin the TT version isn't that free while the rolllers are spinning.

I prefer the Hasbro version of TR145. Ive generally gotten somewhat better resukts. But it was a minimal difference. And Hasbro was prettier hah
Mine is also a Hasbro Divine Crown TR145. IDK why I keep getting better results with ED145, though. I'll do some actual testing later, to confirm/disprove my opinion.
(May. 26, 2014  7:17 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(May. 26, 2014  6:59 AM)PhantomX Wrote: Mine was from the Hasbro version. I also heard people sayin the TT version isn't that free while the rolllers are spinning.

I prefer the Hasbro version of TR145. Ive generally gotten somewhat better resukts. But it was a minimal difference. And Hasbro was prettier hah

Looks like Dark considers the beauties of his beys at all times, haha. Used to say his GCF was also used by him a lot because it was pretty, haha.

Cake Looks like your ED145 is pretty good. I always get better results with Tr145 compared to ED145. My ED145 is also Hasbro from Rock Aries.
Wow most of you have hasbro version it just so happens I have one also from hasbro and I have to agree that that the rollers (tri145) are better.
(May. 26, 2014  6:08 AM)Last man Wrote: Was the divine crown tri145 d ftlr the random booster 8 or the hasbro version.

Ment to say from. Btw

Mine is from Divine Chimera TR145FB; Takara.
(May. 26, 2014  9:14 AM)PhantomX Wrote: Cake Looks like your ED145 is pretty good. I always get better results with Tr145 compared to ED145. My ED145 is also Hasbro from Rock Aries.

Mine is from a Hasbro Forbidden Eonis, and it's a nice smoothly-spinning mold, so it may be better than average or something.
Due to the lack of activity (aside from mainly Dark) in the Advance Forum and since not many Advanced Members are around for whatnot, I'll post my opinion on this here:

Dark_Mousy Wrote:Also I would like to open the flor for discussion on SA165. Potentially Unbannable?

I really think testing should be done on this, but on my judgment I'd say no. It just seems like it'd overrun the Meta- SA165 Spin Stealers, SA165 Defense, SA165 Attackers, even regular Stamina on SA165. In general and on paper, it seems like it'd be too over powered for Limited, but without actual testing posted- we can't fairly say yes or no (aside from judgments on the matter).

Tongue_out

EDIT: Ah, forgot about the other Limited Ban List topic- my bad, I'll repost this there.
Alright, so I was trying out various metal wheels the other day for a Limited variation of Flash W145MF. Basically, I had this terrific idea of Inferno having its chance to shine having a similar but more square shape than Flash. It failed tremendously, mostly because when it got hit from below (which is fairl easy because it stands high like Flame) it would go flying. Then I just moved on to various other popular attack metal wheels I think would do decent on the W145MF set up. I tried Vulcan, Screw, Variares, Pegasis, Omega, and some others but unfortunately they all suffered the same thing; keeping in the stadium with MF. RF and R2F they all have no problem with of course but that completely takes away the point of the set up (out spinning anything that it can't KO, but also standing up to other attackers). So basically I can here looking for some help. Maybe I'll need a different variation than W145MF, or maybe just give up the idea completely. I just know with the right metal wheel, it could be a very versatile set up just like in Standard.
I haven't tried a W145MF setup before, but what about Libra W145MF? Libra's weight would allow for some uses, but it may suffer from what you mentioned, minus the being hit out of the stadium. If you're looking for more smash, try a Wyvang Dark Knight kind of thing.

I don't know if this will work, but ya know.
I thought th!nk found that Omega worked well on MF, but maybe not. Some other things you could try are maybe Scythe CH120MF (I don't have a Hasbro Scythe but from what I've seen it does fairly decent) or maybe try Forbidden. It's elevated like Flame or Inferno, but it could work on a shorter Track.
I tried Balro and Girago with Samurai. Girago didn't do too terrible but it really had a hard time out spinning some defenders on CS just because its so unbalanced compared to metal wheels. So a chrome wheel won't really work. Libra can't really KO other stuff on MF. It Defnitely doesn't have the speed or smash to do so (which reminds I need to post the thread on a Libra anti attacker I discovered not to long ago, I'll hopefully post it within a week).

I haven't had much luck with Omega on MF. It flies out of the stadium fairly reliably, but that's about it. On 90-105 its not as bad.

As for Scythe, I've tried extensively with Scythe on lower tracks thinking its have some very good attack capability, unfortaurnately, even on lower tracks it has a hard time making contact with the prostrusions on top against most heights.
I'm sure Flash W145MF is a one-of-a-kind combination. Flash has unique characteristics that make replacing it with anything else impossible (namely it's ability to KO beyond the window of normal attackers i.e KOing lategame). No other wheel possesses these characteristics.
Just trying Gravity, it would've been pretty great, but ... ya know XD. It is still such an awesome one of a kind thing that there has to be a limited equivalent.
(Jul. 21, 2014  12:45 AM)Wombat Wrote: I thought th!nk found that Omega worked well on MF, but maybe not. Some other things you could try are maybe Scythe CH120MF (I don't have a Hasbro Scythe but from what I've seen it does fairly decent) or maybe try Forbidden. It's elevated like Flame or Inferno, but it could work on a shorter Track.

I've tried Scythe on MF on a bunch of different lower-mid tracks before, it did alright, but for me, it wasn't like super spectacular results.
I've wondered what is EDS's use in limited, in terms of typing?
Normally EDS would be used on BD145 since, unlike most Stamina tips on that Track, it doesn't have scraping issues. But since BD145 is banned in Limited, it doesn't really have any use. WD/D/EWD would be better.
Just want to know, anyone own a metal system Gemios wheel? If so I'd like to find out if it was still like it was back in the day it was good for early KO's
It's too bad that Libra is banned now; it's just so nostalgic. If you look at its history, it dominated from the very beginning, and was banned. And now, it's been banned again in Limited... the irony is real!

At least there's Virgo left for Stamina. It may in fact have the potential to be top-tier in limited.
So I've read through the entire "Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion", "Ban List Discussion", and "Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread" threads, the competitive customs have Omega listed in the attack section, and libra for various sections yet those wheels are banned.
I'm confused about Samurai Wyvang r145 rsf/rb being listed in the competitive customs under attack yet the Shinobi crystal wheel has been proved superior for Wyvang in every way through testing, as it fully exposes Wyvang's contact points.
Also, r145 was utilized in the orientation that prevents the high recoil point of the Wyvang wheel, its "chin" from being exposed, tr145 also does this but is larger, is there any particular reason that tr145 isn't on an option on the competitive custom list for wyvang?
Does anyone know tr145's weight?
Probably the list wasn't been updated since the last Ban list update... TR145 is lighter than R145 that's the main point. but it could be use as substitute if you don't own it. I do not remember the exact weight of TR145.
(Mar. 12, 2016  11:13 PM)loyd87 Wrote: Probably the list wasn't been updated since the last Ban list update... TR145 is lighter than R145 that's the main point. but it could be use as substitute if you don't own it. I do not remember the exact weight of TR145.

R145 weights around 4.5 grams iirc. imo R145 is far better on beys which have attack [or aything to counter] then TR145 [unless it's stller or need more stamina/lad] due to higher weight, which is always good for attack types [add more force/power to smash]
i have some questions. Why 160PD Stamina aren't top-tier? and why Metal Face are Legal? as they make a huge differencei n combos that have and don't have them. like if LTDC have metal face, it's much harder to KO then one with out or comboi without Metal Face can't KO it
(May. 15, 2016  4:32 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: i have some questions. Why 160PD Stamina aren't top-tier? and why Metal Face are Legal? as they make a huge differencei n combos that have and don't have them. like if LTDC have metal face, it's much harder to KO then one with out or comboi without Metal Face can't KO it

I think the only reason 160PD isn't on the top-tier list is that it was forgotten, haha. However, it's on shaky ground along with the other mid-height setups like B : D and W145WD because the current meta is very hostile towards mid-height Stamina - most Attack types available are very effective against mid-height opponents, and Attack as a whole is fairly strong.

Metal Faces are legal because they aren't game-breaking; the type triangle is still in place, with Attack being more powerful, Defense being harder to KO, and Stamina (which doesn't use Metal Faces because of the loss of Stamina they cause) becomes better relative to Attack and Defense. Having a Metal Face doesn't ensure victory, either; although most Attack and Defense types are improved by a Metal Face, even without one, a Defense type will resist attacks well and an Attack type will land sold hits.