MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

Yah, figured that was a question aimed to determine a gameplan against me, with Lightning plastered all over my winning customs, haha.

Well, I'm on to you!! BWAHAHAHA! Eee
With Scythe being as good as it is shouldn't matter whether or not you know lol.
Would suggest Libra over Bakushin for the LTDC setup vs Lightning, if you decide to go low against it.
Really? I thought one of the biggest reasons Bakushin was so effective was because it handled Lightning better than anything else (or was it Gravity?).

Then again, I have literally never tested Bakushin before, so I might be totally wrong, haha.
That was Gravity. But Libra hasn't been tested for LTDC anyway so it's mostly an unknown (Libra is the most hilariously under-tested wheel right now, things are building to fever pitch for when it starts showing up bigtime), but Lightning *can* KO bakushin - not often for me but I've heard mixed reports from others. Libra on the other hand has a tendency to cause lightning various problems thanks to its weight, and the height matchup should seal the deal though I would definitely suggest trying it out as my memory could be playing up. Personally, I'd just use RF on it, smash into LLD head on and send it flying but you know me.
That's why I listed Libra RF as well, but I was sure Bakushin was supposed to be the better choice on stationary LTDC, haha.

I really wish I had more time/money to test all this stuff.
I think that's mostly because Libra hasn't been tested, though it's probably going to depend on the opponent to some degree - Libra has more recoil in its design but it's also waaay heavier than bakushin, and bakushin gets outspun by so, so many things - it's not bad by any means but it has suffered from attack types adapting specifically to deal with it. Earth Sagittario II (and probably Hades) is better than either against one or two things, from what I've seen so far, so Low Track Defense is far from a one horse race.

Personally I also ended up changing to horogium on bakushin because Leone was getting really beat up and started to crack - indicating more recoil than I expected. Didn't seem to hurt it any, though it's probably more a matter of a need to re-evaluate the clear wheel for it as a whole and horogium being "fine". Aquario always was very low recoil, so even if it doesn't flow as nicely as leone, might be worth looking into too, though I don't know about side on - it's just a bit bulky to me. Oh to have the time to try all these things out - but I guess as long as we mention them, we'll get to it all someday.
Damn, it is too bad Mercury is so light (lighter than Poison lol), it would've been an awesome Limited Attack wheel.

Oh, and what do you guys recommend:

Getting a Jade Jupiter NIB and two R145s or two R145s and 3 RBs?
(Mar. 31, 2014  11:55 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Damn, it is too bad Mercury is so light (lighter than Poison lol), it would've been an awesome Limited Attack wheel.

Since the things pointing out are curved, wouldn't that make it not so good even if it was heavier?
Most contact points in limited are curved. Mercury at least has good exposure.

*Ginga*, that really depends on what you already own. I'd say if you own Pegasis and I guess Libra (though really jade and libra aren't comparable) then there's no real need to own a jade.
Mercury is way too light man- even with a Metal Face, Screw alone is still heavier by a gram. Mercury was estimated to be between 27,5 and 28 grams. Probably try 85R2F, I missed a chance to get Mercury (though I reserved one)

Funny enough, I found out Cloud, Poison and Galaxy managed to KO MF-H Earth ____ 85RSF on *insert wheel here* Horogium 85R2F. Looks like they aren't useless completely lol.

I ain't usin' Vulcan for a long time because it needs to get under stuff to do well, and LTDC basically scratches that. Would think it's like Pegasis, but the other way around: Pegasus hits from above and sideways, Vulcan hits from below and sideways. I'll snip time to test it out once my new Vulcan arrives- my old one is loose.

Oh and BTW, is RBV7 a good buy for Limited? I mean it's got Vulcan (which ain't bad), RSF, 85, BD145 for Standard if you want, XF for Tornado Stalling (it stalls far longer than MF and at a higher speed), Horuseu, and TH170 as well as WD. Good thing when Limited wasn't out I was collecting ye olde stuff- I started fully loaded to the belts once Limited arrived.
Random Booster 7 is probably the best competitively for Standard and Limited. I suggest buying the full set since they're so cheap right now.

Cloud I can understand, but getting KOs with Posion and Galaxy is pretty impressive. How consistent were they though to actually say those parts aren't useless?
They weren't tested formally, but they were pretty easy to land a KO with, especially Poison (Galaxy is only tested once informally.). LOL my Cloud was actually closer to 28 than 26 grams hah.

EDIT: That was when I tested them like 2-4 weeks ago. They weren't so good but better than nothing right?

LOL I got Beat Lynx, Tornado Horuseus, Vulcan Herculeo, Vulcan Horogium, and Gravity Perseus 85DS. Only need Hell Horuseus, Hell Herculeo, and Gravity Perseus BD145XF.

I'll post some test results when I have time. School work is killing me hah- and I've got one pending for tommorow.

Any thoughts from the advanced members or other users?
I've tried poison and galaxy extensively and they really are awful, poison in particular - I'm pretty sure it is the absolute worst wheel ever made (midnight KO's stuff way better despite being 4g lighter for carps sake).

Sorry I didn't get back to your PM but yeah ongoing things.
Don't worry. Many people are busy right now too including me hah.

What about Cloud? mine weighs heavier than normal, like 1,2-2,0 grams heavier than the benchmark weight, but good lord it has easily blocked contact pioints.

I'll try this if i can, but I'm under school pressure. But hey, ever since Limited 2.0 joke, i experiment on extraordinary stuff hah.
I don't own a cloud sorry.

Cloud is supposed to be heavier than torch by a fair margin though so that's probably it if that's the weight you're comparing to. I don't recall there being actual weights on cloud provided, either (perhaps because removing metal from aries seemed kinda pointless in the first place when it was apparently largely defensive or something).
This might not be terribly useful to everyone on the forum here, but BeybladeGeeks just put together an informational video describing Limited Format for us! Check it out:

Stay tuned for more Limited Format-themed videos from them in the future as well. Smile
Pretty informative video for someone who doesn't know anything about it. You should add it to the opening post!
So...do you guys think we're ready for a rough Limited top-tier list? Might be helpful to at least have a list of solid combos for new players who don't know much about the format.
Yep. I've nearly finished my draft to PM to Kai-V. I'm just making sure evrything was tested and I haven't forgoten anything.

Just saying.
Oh, cool! Didn't know you were working on one; is it posted somewhere?
No, not at the moment. Though, you can browes back a couple of pages in some Limited thread to find my old one. The new list will probably be way differnt then that one.
I'd like to have some sort of Limited Tier List finalized before BeyDays, so I'm here to post my thoughts on one. Concerns and suggestions are welcome. Smile

I had thought about Screw and Vulcan, but decided against them for only getting mediocre results. I feel Burn F230CS would need more testing, but I have it there anyways. Virgo defenitely needs more tests by users to be put up there just yet. I was unsure of Libra being out on there, so I left it aside, for stamina.

Thanks to all the users extensive testing to help me to come up with this list. Smile
(May. 17, 2014  7:11 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: I'd like to have some sort of Limited Tier List finalized before BeyDays, so I'm here to post my thoughts on one. Concerns and suggestions are welcome. Smile

I had thought about Screw and Vulcan, but decided against them for only getting mediocre results. I feel Burn F230CS would need more testing, but I have it there anyways. Virgo defenitely needs more tests by users to be put up there just yet. I was unsure of Libra being out on there, so I left it aside, for stamina.

Thanks to all the users extensive testing to help me to come up with this list. Smile

No CH120 for LLD?????? :\
Would R145 work for Meteo with EWD? I mean if you have gone through the combos and the tests are fine with the more experienced bladers, then there shouldn't be a problem. Wink
Also has Beat been tested enough? And why Phantom 100MF when 85 and 90 are there as options? But if it is OK with the advanced members, it is OK with me. Smile
Phantom stallers do not work in this format and duo has absolutely horrid defense