MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion

MF is usually successful for producing the flower-pattern and has good Stamina for an Attack tip, so I'd recommend that.
Even for same-spin tornado stalling you're going to want MF. Generally though, RF's power, recoil control, controllability (with practice) and hard-to-interrupt movement from the grip etc means it's indispensable to most attack types. But yeah, the closest thing is MF in right, CF/GCF in left (probably CF if you're trying to KO stuff, as it's more controllable), and there are some decent setups with each - I should probably get that blogpost about them done huh?
I don't know if anyone brought this up yet, but Metal Fury Blitz also has potential for attack. Despite being lightweight, its main contact points are not covered as is the case with, for example, Galaxy or Nightmare. I have done tests with Blitz, though I have not officially recorded them, but compared to the other Metal Fury wheels, it seems to perform similarly to its 4D counterpart. Even the Metal Fury Variares wheel is relatively weak compared to its 4D counterpart. Does anyone else have the same conclusion?
(Mar. 21, 2014  3:24 AM)Raiden Kurogane Wrote: I don't know if anyone brought this up yet, but Metal Fury Blitz also has potential for attack. Despite being lightweight, its main contact points are not covered as is the case with, for example, Galaxy or Nightmare. I have done tests with Blitz, though I have not officially recorded them, but compared to the other Metal Fury wheels, it seems to perform similarly to its 4D counterpart. Even the Metal Fury Variares wheel is relatively weak compared to its 4D counterpart. Does anyone else have the same conclusion?

IIRC TheBlackDragon tested it in one of his Metal Fury testing batches and Cosmic did better.
Yeah, TBD tested it and it didn't work well, though honestly I'd like to see some other people's tests confirm it.
Someone should do some testing with H-MSF Archer Behemoth 90 RF. It's been wrecking my friends test combos.
i'm not sure if behemoth would do good on that combo but, it might not be that good
(Mar. 22, 2014  11:58 AM)XtraCorruption Wrote: Someone should do some testing with H-MSF Archer Behemoth 90 RF. It's been wrecking my friends test combos.

(Mar. 22, 2014  7:01 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: i'm not sure if behemoth would do good on that combo but, it might not be that good
It would have somewhat of a use in Limited though.

I think you should preform some tests, if it's regarding Limited format. I do think Wyvang would possibly do better, depending on this combos concept.
(Mar. 22, 2014  7:52 PM)|Midnight| Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2014  11:58 AM)XtraCorruption Wrote: Someone should do some testing with H-MSF Archer Behemoth 90 RF. It's been wrecking my friends test combos.

(Mar. 22, 2014  7:01 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: i'm not sure if behemoth would do good on that combo but, it might not be that good
It would have somewhat of a use in Limited though.

I think you should preform some tests, if it's regarding Limited format. I do think Wyvang would possibly do better, depending on this combos concept.

Its just meant to be a simple smash attack bey for limited format, i think i might use theif pheonic with the crystal wheel up instead.
ya, behemoth would be ok, but i don't think it would be good against libra, or libra rb combos or bakushin combos or bakushin rb combos because i know from expiereince that behemoth on a element wheel is not that great, but ya, wvyang would be better, but has anyone ever tested balro for limited format?
(Apr. 02, 2014  3:30 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: ya, behemoth would be ok, but i don't think it would be good against libra, or libra rb combos or bakushin combos or bakushin rb combos because i know from expiereince that behemoth on a element wheel is not that great, but ya, wvyang would be better, but has anyone ever tested balro for limited format?

It wasn't tested, but ultimateorion placed with a balro W145CF combo in a limited tournament.
ya, i wish i could test balro but i can't because i don't have it, but guys what do you think about golem because i tried samauri golem 105 tb and does not bad! i will probably o a testing thread for golem if no one already tested it, but i don't think anybody tested it
Most Un-synchrome chrome wheels don't have much use on stamina customs, being so imbalanced.
IIRC Golem was actually one of the more balanced ones... I remember seeing a big list of solo times somewhere, anyone remember where that was?

i so lazy
I think Wombat did solo times for it.

Yeah, but dat recoil. I think Genbull would be much better.
Aw, yeah, sure, Genbull rocks, but I think Goriem actually beat it out in solo (though not sure how that relates to actual battle). I'd think that the low height and Samurai's shape would keep it at least somewhat out of the way, though.

TBH I often find myself annoyed at the difficulty of finding good Chrome Wheels to use... with Revizer not being an option due to huge wobblys, I'm kinda stuck with Genbull for everything Tongue_out
Balro's balance isn't bad and it's much more effective offensively than Goreim, which is reallllly light too, so it would be an avenue to look into though really I would think it would just be outclassed by a HWS/Metal System Wheel for anything like that.
Wombat made that thread with the spin times it'll be in the subforum somewhere, probably on the first page.

MSF-H Samurai Genbull 85RB (Crystal Up) and (MSF-L) Dark Knight Genbull/Killerken F230CF/GCF are the only really significant non-attack Chrome Wheel combos I know off the top of my head (and the latter is rather aggressive anyway), though there might be some more around the place, generally the poor balance and this-was-meant-to-be-used-in-a-70g-plus-combination design of most Chrome Wheels means they're only suited for all-out offense.

Re: Begirados/Behemoth discussion: everyone who has tried it basically says it's okay but Wyvang is better.
guys, what do you think about mb, I've tested some combos with mb and i think that when a top tier list comes eventually, it will be on the list because mb has extremely good balance, and is very good for tornado stall, and there are combos with mb that i do believe that can easily beat customs like libra ad145 wd, bakushin susanow 90 rb and even attack types! so guys, we should try testing mb
(Apr. 03, 2014  3:28 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: guys, what do you think about mb, I've tested some combos with mb and i think that when a top tier list comes eventually, it will be on the list because mb has extremely good balance, and is very good for tornado stall, and there are combos with mb that i do believe that can easily beat customs like libra ad145 wd, bakushin susanow 90 rb and even attack types! so guys, we should try testing mb

Your MB is probably illegal bro.

MB performs best when worn to an SF/F aggression, but not to the point where it can tornado stall very effectively.
Ball tips are great at catching tornado ridges with all those corners they have.
yes i do have a illegal version of mb, but what i am trying to say is that if you had a brand new mb or a mint mb it would be an even better tornado staller, and it would just be better @th!nk: yeah it is true, so guys we should try testing mb, i can't really test it, because two of my mb's are in bad condition, so like i said before, let's try mb out and see if it can useful!!!!
(Apr. 03, 2014  3:59 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: yes i do have a illegal version of mb, but what i am trying to say is that if you had a brand new mb or a mint mb it would be an even better tornado staller, and it would just be better @th!nk: yeah it is true, so guys we should try testing mb, i can't really test it, because two of my mb's are in bad condition, so like i said before, let's try mb out and see if it can useful!!!!

A mint MB isn't aggressive. Like I said, a MB primed works best in most cases.
ya, it depends on how how hard you rip a mint mb, for a mint mb to torando stall for a long time, you need to rip hard with a sting launcher for it to tornado stall
MB actually has a great track record in Standard used on Duo 230, so it is a top tier part (actually, the same exact custom using a Metal Fury Duo works really great in LTD from my informal testing/tournament experience).

It also made really great showing on Libra the other day.