MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion

Duo is very light and B : D has bad defence, so I'm not too sure if that's a good idea.

Libra has better outward weight distribution that Scythe. It's not really a common sense thing.
I don't know about that. Scythe's weight distro is pretty great.

I can't imagine Scythe would be a bad option on F230CF/GCF. It seems like a great Wheel for the job. Testing is always a must-have before we tier something, though.
In regards to Burn BGrin, I made a thread last week. I think it should stay, but I need someone else's tests to confirm.

Don't want to sound arrogant, but I think my Screw combo might be a little better than the RF ones. This also need more tests, but if Screw stays, I advocate only listing flat tips because RF just doesn't seem to cut it.
RF is a flat tip...
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:05 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: In regards to Burn BGrin, I made a thread last week. I think it should stay, but I need someone else's tests to confirm.

Don't want to sound arrogant, but I think my Screw combo might be a little better than the RF ones. This also need more tests, but if Screw stays, I advocate only listing flat tips because RF just doesn't seem to cut it.

Yeah, the Screw combinations needs more tests, but for a "pure Attack" RF may be a better option; this combo would perhaps be better for Balance(?).
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:09 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote: RF is a flat tip...

Eh, you know what I meant to say. Cut the rubber ones, replace them with plastic.

I don't really like Screw for pure attack, to be honest. It usually takes a few hits for it to KO & with a rubber tip, it's completely lost steam by that point.
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:05 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: In regards to Burn BGrin, I made a thread last week. I think it should stay, but I need someone else's tests to confirm.

I agree. That's the only way I have success with Screw.
Like F and FS? I don't think that's a good idea.
F itself is terrible, but SF has just the right amount of kick to KO on the first or second hit. I hated Screw until I started using Screw Uranus 90 SF. I haven't found any other flat tips that work better, myself, but smaller flat tips, like BSF, could use a little more testing just in case.
So SF is aggressive enough to KO, but RF doesn't? Could u do competitive testing?
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:21 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote: So SF is aggressive enough to KO, but RF doesn't? Could u do competitive testing?
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Screw-Uranus-90-SF

RF tests are in the Screw thread for reference.
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:21 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote: So SF is aggressive enough to KO, but RF doesn't? Could u do competitive testing?

I think she means it more or less has power, but enough Stamina left to make more hits than an RF would. That being said, MF may be a better option.
I meant "comparative".

Tbh I would like if you did the RF tests, different people can make beyblades perform differently.
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:22 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

I think she means it more or less has power, but enough Stamina left to make more hits than an RF would. That being said, MF may be a better option.
That too. It's not that it's more aggressive... it just has more of a "kick" to it when launched right. It's hard to describe unless you see it in action.

I've tried MF & it was a little too tornado stally for my taste, but still works pretty well. Again, the more tests the merrier lol
As someone who's had a better experience with Screw than Wyvang, I still think it should stay up for Attack. I could say I'll post tests to back this up but with school starting tomorrow I don't think I'll have any time so it probably wouldn't be true.

The 90/85SF version could go up for Balance (since it's a Destabilizer) if there are more tests.

And before someone calls me out on requiring tests for Screw 90SF and Burn B:D, but justifying Scythe F230GCF with "common sense", it's just that while none of these are new concepts it's more like "putting weaker Limited parts on Standard setups" point of view. Burn is like the weaker Phantom; and is Phantom B:D still Top Tier for Stamina? Even before BD145 shut them down for good was created Destabilizers weren't really that effective, but with it gone in Limited they might have more of a chance using some more modern wheels (so kind of Screw because it and BD145 were released at like the same time). Many of the modern F230GCF wheels are Defense/Stamina oriented (Duo, Genbull, Dragooon) so Scythe seems to fit the bill perfectly.

EDIT: @posts since TSO's 8:19 post: I also think TSO should do comparative testing with RF on the same setup vs. the same combos. Like DRANZER KING said, different people can make Beyblades perform differently, and also in the benchmark you posted BillyBlast had a bad height matchup for Screw (no offense to him, it happens now and again). Screw should be hitting from underneath, not head on, which I think is what you're trying to get at with the 90SF combo. RF and MF might not work best for that purpose because they're both the same height (taller than SF) but I still think RF could definitely be used for more aggression.
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:32 AM)Wombat Wrote: And before someone calls me out on requiring tests for Screw 90SF and Burn BGrin, but justifying Scythe F230GCF with "common sense", it's just that while none of these are new concepts it's more like "putting weaker Limited parts on Standard setups" point of view. Burn is like the weaker Phantom; and is Phantom BGrin still Top Tier for Stamina? Even before BD145 shut them down for good was created Destabilizers weren't really that effective, but with it gone in Limited they might have more of a chance using some more modern wheels (so kind of Screw because it and BD145 were released at like the same time). Many of the modern F230GCF wheels are Defense/Stamina oriented (Duo, Genbull, Dragooon) so Scythe seems to fit the bill perfectly.

I wasn't trying to say Scythe didn't work, it probably does well, I just wanted Libra as another option since I did have tests for it and it also did well.

On another note, I'll try to see if I can get a few tests done on Burn BGrin, possibly on some other wheels (Earth, etc.), too. Tongue_out
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:15 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Eh, you know what I meant to say. Cut the rubber ones, replace them with plastic.

Um... I think I might've missed something huge, but this sounds completely off-the-hook insane to me. Like, the nuttiest thing I've ever heard. I am thoroughly confused, haha.

I shall have to read this thread.
(Aug. 18, 2014  2:36 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2014  1:15 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Eh, you know what I meant to say. Cut the rubber ones, replace them with plastic.

Um... I think I might've missed something huge, but this sounds completely off-the-hook insane to me. Like, the nuttiest thing I've ever heard. I am thoroughly confused, haha.

I shall have to read this thread.

I think she meant just with Screw, not the entire Attack section, haha.

She suggested that as she's been testing Screw and a plastic tip is doing better than the rubber one.

Either way, it'd depend how it'd be classified (perhaps Balance rather than Attack).
I knew that. It just sounded weird to me (I hope that didn't come off as offensive now that I'm looking at it again - I was more shocked than in denial of the idea, if you know what I mean).

Anywho:

Screw Uranus 100SF vs. Earth Cancer R145RB
RB New. Cancer launched first on all launches.
Uranus: wins, 7/20 (6 KO, 1 OS)
Caner: wins, 13/20 (3 KO, 10 OS)
Screw Uranus 100SF win rate: 35%

This did better than I expected actually. My big problem, however, was the recoil. At times, it seemed like Screw was just as prone to KO as Earth was. RF helps control Attack types' recoil, which is one of the primary reasons it's used over plastic Bottoms.

Screw Uranus 100RF vs. Earth Cancer R145RB
RB New. Cancer launched first on all launches.
Uranus: wins, 11/20 (All KO)
Caner: wins, 9/20 (All OS)
Screw Uranus 100RF win rate: 55%

So much more power, so much less recoil. RF was definitely vastly superior in terms of power. The KOs were much cleaner and more devastating, and Screw took very little recoil when they happened. Much better performance overall, I'd say.

Excuse my use of 100 in the above testing - I thought I was using 90, but in the dim light I'm afraid I mistook 100 for it. Confused

Now, here's a big reason I wouldn't like to see Screw SF tiered:

Screw Uranus 90SF vs. Libra 90RF
RF Prime. Uranus launched first on all launches.
Uranus: wins, 0/10
Libra: wins, 10/10 (9 KO, 1 OS)
Screw Uranus 90SF win rate: 0%

This was an absolutely effortless match for Libra. Totally effortless. I'm extremely confident I could've weak launched and stalled and still achieved 100%. The only outspin Libra made came because Libra scraped Uranus to death before it had a chance to leave the stadium.

Screw on a plastic tip is just too prone to KO and scraping. Even the most passive Balance customs could pose a serious threat to it by exploiting its recoil.
Fair enough. The combo does have some serious recoil issues & I'm not going to deny that; I was just basing this off of what I tested it on & I don't have R145. Glad someone finally tried it out so I could know for sure if it was decent or not.
Nice testing, great this seems like an interesting thread!

Sponge!
Hey guys! Finally read through this whole thing, including every post I missed in the entire LTD subforum. Lemme give this a shot:

Quote:
Attack

Omega
  • MF-H Omega [Assault] (Horuseus/Pegasis III) (85/90/100/CH120) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Cosmic
  • MF-H Cosmic (Kerbecs/Unicorno II) (R145/CH120) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Beat
  • MF-H Beat (Lynx/Orion/Escolpio) H145 (RF/R2F/LRF)

Pegasis
  • MF-H Pegasis (CH120/R145) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Lightning
  • MF-H Lightning L-Drago [Upper] (85/90/CH120/R145/TR145) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Screw
  • MF-H Screw (Horogium/Pisces) (85/90) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Wyvang
  • MSF-H (Shinobi/Gladiator/Dark Knight) Wyvang [Crystal-Up] R145 (RF/R2F/LRF)

Phoenic
  • MSF-H Thief Phoenic [Crystal-Up] (R145/H145) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Defense

Earth
  • MF-H Earth (Aquario/Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) (85/90/R145/GB145/TH170/230) (RSF/RB)

Libra
  • MF-H Libra (85/90/R145/GB145) (RSF/RB)

Scythe
  • MF-H Scythe (Aquario/Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) (R145/GB145) (RSF/RB)

Bakushin
  • MF-H Bakushin Leone (85/90) (RSF/RB)

Stamina

Burn
  • Burn (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) W145 (WD/EWD)
  • Burn (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) B:D
  • Burn (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) 85 (WD/EWD/D/SD)
  • Burn (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) (TH120/230) (D/SD)

Earth
  • Earth (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) W145 (WD/EWD)
  • Earth (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) B:D
  • Earth (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) 85 (WD/EWD/D/SD)
  • Earth (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) (TH120/230) (D/SD)

Scythe
  • Scythe (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) W145 (WD/EWD)
  • Scythe (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) B:D
  • Scythe (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) (TH120/230) (D/SD)

Duo
  • Duo (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) W145 (WD/EWD)
  • Duo (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) B:D
  • Duo (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) (TH120/230) (D/SD)
  • Duo (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) 230 MB

Meteo
  • Meteo L-Drago (TR145/CH120) EWD

Balance
  • {MF-H} Libra (TH170/SR200) CS
  • {MF-H} (Scythe/Earth) (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) (TH170/SR200) CS
  • Burn (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) (85/90) MF
  • MF-H Libra (85/CH120) RF
  • MF-H Scythe (Cygnus/Cancer/Hades) CH120 RF
  • Meteo L-Drago F230 (CF/GCF)
  • (Duo/Scythe/Libra) (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) F230 (CF/GCF)

I don't have Pisces on Omega, because honestly, Horuseus and Pegasis III are far superior in just about every way.

I didn't put Vulcan on the list, but Beat is up there (which is truly so, so much better - I like Vulcan, but it really doesn't pack enough of a punch to be on the list if you ask me, and Beat is far more devastating from my experience).

I didn't list TH170 or SR200 from Cosmic - Recoil party. I have tried both, and yes, they have some great smash, but they have such a ridiculous amount of recoil I wouldn't ever think twice about using either over the R145 variant.

CS is not listed for Defense (just isn't that good; simple. Less grip, less reliability).

TH170/230 are listed as Defense Tracks (don't know why they weren't on the other list).

Didn't list Genbull for Defense (I haven't seen testing for that, and I distinctly remember having a conversation about it with th!nk where he deemed it sub-par).

Omitted Libra from Stamina and listed B:D with Burn Stamina (it's honestly better than W145WD in just about every way, including recoil control from my experience - there's no evidence anywhere on the entire site to suggest that B:D has recoil control issues, as a matter of fact).

Does it get anyone else excited to see so many Wheels being discussed for the Attack section? There are tons of them...

This is exactly what I'd like to see go up. Opinions?
Personally, with all of the other (better) options, I don't think Phoenix really needs a spot on the list.

I feel Libra deserves it's Stamina spot, too.

I know it's more of a "common sense" listing but was there testing for Duo F230, just wondering, haha?

Wouldn't Duo 230 MB be Balance?
Better options?

IIRC it went toe-to-toe with Lightning against Defense combos. I could be wrong, though. Lemme check...

Nope, I was wrong. It went toe-to-toe with Gravity. It also got better results than Wyvang from these tests:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...pid1187502
(Sep. 12, 2014  2:56 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: Better options?

IIRC it went toe-to-toe with Lightning against Defense combos. I could be wrong, though. Lemme check...

Nope, I was wrong. It went toe-to-toe with Gravity. It also got better results than Wyvang from these tests:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...pid1187502

Didn't see those results before- good find. I didn't recall it doing well against certain things considering it hasn't been mentioned for a while. I'm not a huge fan of the wheel personally, but if others seem to get super results, then I can't say much, haha.

I still stand on my other points, though, haha. Tongue_out