MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion

I have a question about Limited gameplay. Are you aloud to have Zombie Beys that spin steal? And during a battle, are you aloud to have less than 3 beys? for example, if you don't want to risk losing with 2 bad combos, can you use a good combo (only 1 completed bey) and only that one?
(Mar. 12, 2014  7:44 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: I have a question about Limited gameplay. Are you aloud to have Zombie Beys that spin steal? And during a battle, are you aloud to have less than 3 beys? for example, if you don't want to risk losing with 2 bad combos, can you use a good combo (only 1 completed bey) and only that one?

You can use any combination of parts legal in Limited, obviously providing they meet the overall rules (the main thing being that each part is a single entity and its subcomponents may not be used with other beyblades - currently the Cores of L-Drago Destructor and L-Drago Guardian and their Hasbro Metal Fury and Hyperblades counterparts are considered interchangeable with each other, but you cannot, say, use the L-Drago II Clear Wheel from Meteo L-Drago on that Core Piece, as they are from two separate parts and not meant to be combined - that is the least-clear example that exists). There are no restrictions on the type of combination.

During a singly beybattle, you only use one beyblade. See the standard format rules for more information about battling: http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf That should answer all of your questions.
There aren't Zombie Beys perse in MFB, But spin stealers/equalizers which are allowed. During a beybattle you may only use 1 Beyblade.
(Mar. 12, 2014  7:50 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote: There aren't Zombie Beys perse in MFB, But spin stealers/equalizers which are allowed. During a beybattle you may only use 1 Beyblade.
No, I mean in a battle with 3 rounds, are you aloud to use only 1 bey for ever single battle. If you still need more clarification, I have seen official tournament threads with the results/combos used, and they all have 3 beys.
Throughout the tournament you can use as many as you want, And there aren't three battles each match, it is best 3 out of 5 and you can only use 1 Bey in that match.

Off- topic: aren't you trying to host a tournament? You should probably know this before posting a proposal.
(Mar. 12, 2014  7:50 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote: There aren't Zombie Beys perse in MFB, But spin stealers/equalizers which are allowed. During a beybattle you may only use 1 Beyblade.

There are customizations which fit the definition of a Zombie in terms of their function - stealing spin and using superior LAD to use that to keep spinning after the opponent has stopped, basically. Zombie is an unnecessarily restrictive term as it excludes precession and whatever we're going to call F230 and Circle Survivor in plastics' post-lower-half-stopping survival if we don't call it Life After Death, and in plastics we generally ignore the "method of outspin" criterion because I can't be bothered dealing with the backlash of killing off a term synonymous with the generation for the sake of complete accuracy.

But things such as Killerken Dragooon SA165 EWD do use LAD to an extent - moreso precession but LAD is the final part, and in the case of Duo SA165EWD which acts as a spin-stealer against left spin customs, this is even more the case. These customs do fulfil the criteria for being a "zombie", but in MFB we are able to stick with the more accurate Spin-Stealer (in the case of Duo we just class it as regular stamina with major utility in defeating popular spin-stealers, but it is nonetheless a combination optimized for spin-stealing), a combination that aims to gain spin when the opponent has more to bring them to an equal point and then aims to use that spin more efficiently late-game to win by outspin, usually by a relatively narrow margin, through any means of doing so rather than just Life After Death.

As for whether there are zombies in Limited, there almost certainly are some that could use LAD to do well even without SA165, but most of the time precession is more advantageous, which is just a matter of the parts in MFB. The precession-LAD distinction is not really a functional one anyway tbh.

(Sorry for the lecture, but it seems to come up a lot so yeah).

@Xaos Ninja: Those beyblades are ones they used throughout the entire tournament, each for separate battles. Through all rounds of a single beybattle, you only use one beyblade. There is no minimum number of combinations you can use throughout a tournament, and the maximum is only limited by the number of rounds (because if you only play 8 matches, you can't possibly use 9 combinations). Again, strongly suggest you read the rulebooks, including the one I linked. The other relevant documents can be found here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Orga...cial-Rules
(Mar. 12, 2014  8:02 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote: Throughout the tournament you can use as many as you want, And there aren't three battles each match, it is best 3 out of 5 and you can only use 1 Bey in that match.

Off- topic: aren't you trying to host a tournament? You should probably know this before posting a proposal.
Oh.... Thanks. Yes, I am trying to host a tournament. Remember that I joined in early February though...
Yes, I am aware of that. I'm only saying that you should become familiar with the rules for the tournament to run smoothly.
Adding onto what th!nk said, F230CF/GCF combinations can most certainly be appropriately classified as zombie customs, and they're legal in LTD, so yes, zombies do exist in Limited format (not to mention CF/GCF tornado stallers, which usually utilize spin-equalization against their opponents, and could arguably be classified as zombies, since the Life After Death CF/GCF provides (given you consider the rim of the Bottom as the "side" of the Beyblade, which is accurate in most cases, as at a 125 height the combo definitely will not fall any farther than the Bottom's rim) is most of what allows the combination to actually OS an opponent in opposite-spin).

You could also go near the deep end and call Meteo TR145EWD a zombie, buuuuuuuuuut IDK if the LAD TR145 gives you on that custom is sufficient to actually classify it as one.

And yah, the term is extremely confusing, and the fact that we don't have a universal term for the combination of LAD and Precession (net ability to OS opposite-spin Beyblades) doesn't help things much either, haha.
I honestly think TR145 doesn't have good LAD. IDK, it just does nothing for me. I have two of them (one divine chimera one and one screw fox tr145w2d one), and my ED145 is vastly superior (it's not even have one of the really good ED145's hasbro made for a while.)
It does pretty great for me, actually. The reason I use it on Lightning rather than R145. I have one of those super great ED145's, but TR145 still gets the job done better the majority of the time. I've got the one from Hasbro's Divine Crown, if that makes any difference.
I don't even see that as a possibility design wise to be honest, the gaps in the design catch the floor quite easily, no matter how freely the wheels spin. :\
So I just did a bit of informal testing, and it seems that ED145 is the winner in this matchup. On WD/EWD-based setups, ED145 spun on its side for significantly longer than TR145. On RF, RB, and S (yes, I tried S, its horrid balance eliminates precession pretty much completely as a variable) it was roughly even, though it seemed ED145 did slightly better. This is all somewhat subjective, though, as I wasn't able to do a proper mirror match here. IDK how to test this, really. All I did was weak-launch Burn with these parts, and watch it run down Uncertain
I did the same thing a few nights ago with Screw on ED145(from Hasbro's Forbidden Ionis)/TR145(from Hasbro's Blitz Lynx)MF, and found TR145 to be slightly better...

To quickly, though very sloppily, reaffirm this, I just hand-spun MF-H Lightning L-Drago ED145/TR145R2F against MF-H Earth Aquario GB145RSF five times for each different track used.

ED145 from Forbidden Ionis: 2/5 by OS, 0 ties
ED145 from Rock Aries: 0/5, 0 ties
TR145 from Blitz Lynx: 2/5 OS, 3 ties
TR145 from Spiral Fox: 2/5 OS, 3 ties
S130 from Poison Giraffe: 5/5 OS, 0 ties

I tried S130 just because it was nearby, and it did the best, though whether that's due to its lower height or less interrupted circumference, IDK. Somebody really ought to test these officially before anybody starts jumping to conclusions, though.
I'm not surprised S130 did well... I used to use it on this wacky Attack/Stamina custom and it was quite effective.

Also, I was using a Hasbro Divine Crown TR145 and a Hasbro Forbidden Ionis ED145.

I might try using Hasbro Light Launchers and maybe 50% launching to cut down on time tomorrow.
Gravity is a left/right wheel with similar profile in each direction, making it suitable for this if you have two, though recoil is an issue.

Otherwise, when comparing duo and death I launched one normally, usually about 75% strength and handspun the other in Left as hard and as stable as I could. Could easily do the same with Earth (EDIT: See Edit Below on Strength thing), which might even provide more accurate results than Gravity. That would make it purely an LAD battle. Would prefer someone with a Hasbro TR145 do this, as I know neither of my Takara TR145's cut it - my Divine Chimera one has a wheel that often gets stuck, but my Screw Fox one spins nice and free and still causes upward recoil when it hits the floor (heavy scraping).

D/SD/WD make sense for the tip at least if we're just looking to compare their LAD in spin steal customs (which is what I was originally talking about - ED145 is a poor choice of track for anything else, it has a fair bit of recoil and is pretty light), but make sure they are worn very similarly as it can have a big effect on their precession (swapping parts should show it, so make sure you when you post results you include a round-by-round win list).

EDIT: Yeah, definitely use a D-series tip, just tried SF as I have lots of mint/near-mint SF's, and it doesn't have the stability and survival to equalize throughout the course of the battle. This also means I strongly suggest using a full-strength launch on the one you actually launch. Make sure your handspin is stable and strong as well, I use a twisting motion with it in my fingers, it's all about speed so sharp, flicking rotations are your best bet.
Also to keep things as even as possible, would suggest using a completely symmetrical CW like Aquila, though this is a minor thing.
Try out Phantom Orion WD85
(Mar. 14, 2014  5:32 AM)Peece_2012 Wrote: Try out Phantom Orion WD85

This isn't really for testing requests, besides the hasbro metal fury phantom is to good.
(Mar. 14, 2014  3:19 AM)th!nk Wrote:

I actually have two relatively passive molds of Gravity, and two near-mint WDs, so I can certainly do this kind of stuff. I also have two near-identical Perseus CWs so this should work out nicely.
I havent seen much here about the GF performance tip. How does that tip fare on an Attack-Stamina basis?
GF is hard to control and more importantly extremely prone to self-KO in BB-10. A few people, myself included, have played around with it but at least for me I've not had that much success, the need to lower ones launch power tends to negate the speed GF offers, so while I've had moderate success generally speaking it's not doing something RF or the appropriate tornado stalling tip for the spin direction (CF/GCF for spin-stealing (i.e. left) and MF for same-spin (ie. right)) can't do better, and doesn't offer enough attack power or stamina to really outdo them.
(Mar. 16, 2014  3:12 AM)K-NiGhT Wrote: I havent seen much here about the GF performance tip. How does that tip fare on an Attack-Stamina basis?

There better choices for attack (R2F, LRF, RF etc.) and for stalling (MF, GCF, CF etc.) so it's not really competitive in a BB-10.

EDIT: wtf?! I give up. Th!nk is faster XD.
I've been experimenting rather extensively with this lately and paired with TR145 it offers incredible LAD (almost equal to that of rdf/ewd). However, it is only after literally 500 launches and coming up with a crazy form of banking that I am able to keep it in at anything more than 50% power. Yet, when launched in 70-80% range that I've managed to get up to now it moves significantly faster than anything else and offers incredible KO potential, but at the cost of ridiculous recoil. So, basically, with a lot and I mean a lot of practice you are guaranteed a tie against almost anything and have like a 30% chance of winning.
(Mar. 16, 2014  3:21 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2014  3:12 AM)K-NiGhT Wrote: I havent seen much here about the GF performance tip. How does that tip fare on an Attack-Stamina basis?

There better choices for attack (R2F, LRF, RF etc.) and for stalling (MF, GCF, CF etc.) so it's not really competitive in a BB-10.

EDIT: wtf?! I give up. Th!nk is faster XD.

While I do like how agressive the rubber tips are, I don't particularly care for them due to the fact that they don't have the stamina i'm looking for. That's more why I'm looking for a plastic tip to use for attack. MF might also work for me it seems. I'm also going to try XF since it's said to be a little more controllable than GF.
For attack (like just attack, not stalling) tips you'll want a flower pattern, which neither GF nor XF do well.