MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16)

Even while using left spin?
After finals, I'll be able to do some tests of this.
(Jun. 10, 2014  12:54 PM)MidnightGFX Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2014  2:21 AM)Tr! Wrote: Gravity F230/D125 GCF/CF are the main 2 I believe. Attack wise it wasn't unstoppable so I'm guessing those were the main 2.

From attending a Limited Format event before Gravity had a ban, I know that those were the main two competitive Gravity-involving combos at the time. I myself can't remember a Gravity combo with as much competitive use as the two. I'm pretty sure Left-spin-non-synchromes on F230 were able to beat Gravity_D125GCF, though.

I went to a Limited tournament before Gravity was banned too, but no one used the D125 variation. But then again, I think only one person used Scythe and if Omega was unbanned then (I can't remember if it was) then no one used it either.

Most people tried to use Lightning TR145LRF to stop Gravity F230 with some success and by chance we discovered that Burn 90MF can beat it fairly consistently.
Guys, how about some more discussion on gravity.... A mod want to chime in? I can't see any reason it deserves to still be banned...
(Jun. 15, 2014  10:48 PM)Time Wrote: Guys, how about some more discussion on gravity.... A mod want to chime in? I can't see any reason it deserves to still be banned...

A good comparison is Circle Upper from HMS. Both wheels have the properties; smash attack and upper attack, and they both have great endurance.
(Jun. 15, 2014  10:48 PM)Time Wrote: Guys, how about some more discussion on gravity.... A mod want to chime in? I can't see any reason it deserves to still be banned...

On B:D... It got 4th once... IN ZERO-G! AGAINST THE ULTIMATES AND ETHAN!
So it deserves to be banned. A lot.
(Jun. 15, 2014  10:56 PM)AZL Wrote: On BGrin... [Gravity] got 4th once... IN ZERO-G! AGAINST THE ULTIMATES AND ETHAN!

But do you remember who used it and what combos it beat? Zero-G uses Zero-G stadiums; Standard and Limited don't as of yet, and your argument won't hold up without more information and tests.
(Jun. 16, 2014  12:18 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2014  10:56 PM)AZL Wrote: On BGrin... [Gravity] got 4th once... IN ZERO-G! AGAINST THE ULTIMATES AND ETHAN!

But do you remember who used it and what combos it beat? Zero-G uses Zero-G stadiums; Standard and Limited don't as of yet, and your argument won't hold up without more information and tests.

It beat... Sway (can't remember what), Dragooon Stamina, and Scythe SA165 (ZGA) EWD
Is the banlist for zero-g and BB-10 going to be separated? Seeing as all parts perform differently in both stadiums.
(Jun. 25, 2014  8:17 AM)RDF3 Wrote: Is the banlist for zero-g and BB-10 going to be separated? Seeing as all parts perform differently in both stadiums.
There is no banned parts in Zero G. You are allowed to use any parts in all formats besides Limited. If you are referring to Zero G Limited then yes there will be separate lists as they are separate formats, but it is not yet officially a format.
Sorry to semi-bump this, but it's important: Kai-V posted this in the "Should we ban F230 in Zero-G" topic, and it should be discussed here. I already have my input.

(Jul. 11, 2014  1:58 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2014  1:45 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Just out of curiosity, how many of you think Hasbro's Scythe needs to be banned from the Limited format ?

Just wondering, what made you bring it up here and not the "Should we ban Scythe discussion"?

I am more or less indifferent on the subject, but like F230, I'm kinda leaning towards the ban given what others have been saying about it being too dominant.

In my one run-in with Scythe, I lost 3-2 against it using Jade WD, but the match could have gone either way had there been more than 5 rounds (wall saves, I had a stronger launch and could have gotten an OS, etc.).

What I think the main indecision of Scythe and F230 have in common is the "mold" differences. While F230 has confirmed molds, with some shafts having a rounded edge and some having a 90 degree edge, Scythe does not, and I'm pretty sure we've decided it's up to natural variance, not product code, whether your Scythe is good or not. While getting a good Scythe is random, we all know TT Orange is the best F230, but it's difficult to get without being lucky/paying $60ish for a spinning top.

Also, I want to add, if Scythe goes, Omega needs to go with it as Scythe Defense pretty much the only thing that can beat Omega consistently.
I think the point Kai-V was trying to make, or rather what her hunch was, is that some people who want F230 banned might just be newer members on the site who haven't been around long enough to see discussion on other "overpowered" parts and thus want anything with a high win rate to be banned. I sort of addressed my personal perspective in the F230 thread.
You are sort of correct. A few months ago, it seemed like the whole community screamed to get Hasbro's Scythe banned from the Limited format, and despite it apparently dominating in some tournaments, it turned out that call for a ban was completely exaggerated, and there are a few similarities with the F230 situation and it generally involves the same people ...

Also, the global rule is that I have been on forums for over a decade and in the Beyblade community for ten years, so off-topic things are completely known by me and I do not do it ...
That's quite a brain-busting moment when a part long condemned to get banned turned out to be over-exxagerated. And a global rule: Don't ever try to argue with Kai-V, because as far as I'm sub-consciously aware she is one of the very first WBO members from when it was still BeyWiki.

Nothing in particular deserving to get banned, no?
Can't say I'm not nearly an expert in MFB after my hiatus, but it does look pretty similar to the meta game I used to play in. One thing that I do find questionable is the banning of Hell. In the old metagame, Hell was pretty damn dominate, but that was almost every time with BD145. Yes Hell is heavy and has a large diameter yet I still feel that it wouldn't completely dominate the limited tier. Basalt? Yes definitely, I remember I was one of the people who wanted banned immediately, since that was at one point literally the only thing used in MFB. Not Hell as much, I wouldn't say. Libra weighs more than hell as well but that isn't banned, although I do see it as being potentially banned on the list. I just feel as though it is a part that could potentially be unbanned with some testing. I'd do it myself, but I'd have to buy a few its and pieces first.
I would love to see Hell in Limited, but I feel like the combination of Hell and BD145 would be pretty dominate in tournaments and cut off other options, such as Earth, Burn, Libra, and Meteo. If you feel strongly about it, however, you could always make a thread for testing to prove that it isn't too overpowered. I would be interested to see how it does compared to top tier stamina combinations in Limited.
(Aug. 09, 2014  6:10 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I would love to see Hell in Limited, but I feel like the combination of Hell and BD145 would be pretty dominate in tournaments and cut off other options, such as Earth, Burn, Libra, and Meteo. If you feel strongly about it, however, you could always make a thread for testing to prove that it isn't too overpowered. I would be interested to see how it does compared to top tier stamina combinations in Limited.

You do know BD145 is banned, right?

I may do some tests later.
Yeah, I think It'd be interesting to see Hell used without BD145. Hell used without it wouldn't be so OP. I'll do a little bit of testing, I have still do have a fair amount of MFB, but I'll need some help.
Hell was only really OP with BD145, it was still brilliant but BD145 made it much better.
(Aug. 09, 2014  6:13 PM)Echizen Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2014  6:10 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I would love to see Hell in Limited, but I feel like the combination of Hell and BD145 would be pretty dominate in tournaments and cut off other options, such as Earth, Burn, Libra, and Meteo. If you feel strongly about it, however, you could always make a thread for testing to prove that it isn't too overpowered. I would be interested to see how it does compared to top tier stamina combinations in Limited.

You do know BD145 is banned, right?

I may do some tests later.
Wow. For some reason I was thinking of stock Hell Kerbecs as I typed that. My apologies.
Okay, in that case I'm all for unbanning it, seeing as it isn't very overpowering if it doesn't have BD145.
(Dec. 05, 2013  5:21 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hell's weight distribution and elevation are ridiculous to the point it works for every type, and hell 230cs, in addition to being a pain to ko for most limited attackers, outspins a huge portion of the format (including numerous stamina types iirc).

TBH, guys, I don't think we should be so quick to do something like this. th!nk seems to have thought that unbanning it was a horrible idea, and when he says anything about LTD, it's usually right, haha.

I shall do some testing if I have time. One thing I'm worried about, though, is Hell Kerbecs F230GCF.

Of course, if Scythe and Omega are still legal, it might not necessarily unbalance the format; just add another wheel that dominates use in specific categories and chokes other parts out.

Then we'll have an even more complicated situation in which Scythe, Omega, and Hell would all have to be unbanned simultaneously to keep the meta balanced.

I don't think its a good idea.
(Aug. 13, 2014  12:39 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: I shall do some testing if I have time. One thing I'm worried about, though, is Hell Kerbecs F230GCF.

I don't think its a good idea.

I was gonna mention that also. When i get my Orange TT F230 tomorrow i will do some testing as well.
Oh, my bad! I seem to have posted in the wrong thread, haha (although TBH, I think the whole "unban Hell" thing should've been posted here anyway).

You all know what I'm talking about.
Just ban every non Hybrid Wheel and Metal System wheels. That makes everything trickier, and benefits LTD so much.
(Aug. 13, 2014  5:07 AM)Neo Wrote: Just ban every non Hybrid Wheel and Metal System wheels. That makes everything trickier, and benefits LTD so much.

Not really, LTD is about letting underused parts shine. What's the point in banning something that's bad. Jade doesn't deserve to be banned, it's not necessarily a good part. Is that a pre-hybrid wheel or a metal wheel no. What you've said is a good starting point, but limited has been around long enough to know what is good and bad.

Also regarding hell and the situation in which all three would need parts would need to be banned, Hell can just e re-banned to resolve the situation. However, from the tests results I've achieved that wouldn't need to happen. Hell is honestly not an overpowered part in this metagame. It's definitely a strong part, that has it's uses in all types, but really is a mast er of none. I cannot speak as to whether F230GCF would be a particularly viable combo nor to whether it would overpower the metagame. However, from my point of view, there is nothing about hell that makes it deserve it's ban.