MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16)

(Jun. 07, 2014  10:55 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Through my testing their pretty even, W145 is a bit better IMO though.
I just thought that, because AD145 isn't on the Top Tier...
(Jun. 07, 2014  6:02 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2014  5:48 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: I could do some SA165 tests tomorrow, what setups would anyone reccomend?

Some basic Defense and stamina testing. Maybe Burn SA165 WD vs Burn_____WD. Attack vs Defense test. Something Like Libra SA165 CS vs Lighting L Drago CH120 LRF, Omega 85/90 R2F Also Meteo L Drago SA165 EWD.

I was working on a couple of testings involving MF-H Scythe_CH120RF, against SA165EWD variants, after you made that post yesterday. Here they are!:

I was also working on these testings, though I didn't really think SA165 really played too much of a roll in these battles. I thought these were more like battles where the win really depends on which track and bottom had more stamina. I'll show you guys the results anyways:

(Jun. 08, 2014  1:58 PM)MidnightGFX Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2014  6:02 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2014  5:48 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: I could do some SA165 tests tomorrow, what setups would anyone reccomend?

Some basic Defense and stamina testing. Maybe Burn SA165 WD vs Burn_____WD. Attack vs Defense test. Something Like Libra SA165 CS vs Lighting L Drago CH120 LRF, Omega 85/90 R2F Also Meteo L Drago SA165 EWD.

I was working on a couple of testings involving MF-H Scythe_CH120RF, against SA165EWD variants, after you made that post yesterday. Here they are!:

I was also working on these testings, though I didn't really think SA165 really played too much of a roll in these battles. I thought these were more like battles where the win really depends on which track and bottom had more stamina. I'll show you guys the results anyways:

I don't see much of Scythe. It didn't win a lot, but still enough so we can say that it's close enough to being even with SA165. Wow so I think we can safely say that SA165 isn't a part worth banning at this point. It works ok, but I still think we should do some more tests before the Advanced Members can even consider unbanning it.
(Jun. 08, 2014  2:06 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  1:58 PM)MidnightGFX Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2014  6:02 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Some basic Defense and stamina testing. Maybe Burn SA165 WD vs Burn_____WD. Attack vs Defense test. Something Like Libra SA165 CS vs Lighting L Drago CH120 LRF, Omega 85/90 R2F Also Meteo L Drago SA165 EWD.

I don't see much of Scythe. It didn't win a lot, but still enough so we can say that it's close enough to being even with SA165. Wow so I think we can safely say that SA165 isn't a part worth banning at this point. It works ok, but I still think we should do some more tests before the Advanced Members can even consider unbanning it.

No, definitely not.

Just because Scythe (a part that needs a banning pronto) was able to beat it, doesn't necessarily mean other combos would be able to do the same. It's still a tank, that never changed. Smile

Testings will tell whether it deserves a ban or not.
So we still need more testing. That's the point I was trying to get through.
I'm sure it was tested thoroughly before Limited was officially announced. I've used it in Limited testing for funzies and I loved how it destroyed, but that's the reason it should stay banned. It can be used for literally every type of beyblade, to dominate every type of beyblade.
(Jun. 08, 2014  6:43 PM)Tr! Wrote: I'm sure it was tested thoroughly before Limited was officially announced. I've used it in Limited testing for funzies and I loved how it destroyed, but that's the reason it should stay banned. It can be used for literally every type of beyblade, to dominate every type of beyblade.
Well it's biggest issue is Stamina, so why not ban with Duo, Meteo, and combos as such?
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
It is way to powerful on Meteo. If it should be banned on a specific metal wheel priority 1 is Meteo, and then after that I would say Duo.
I don't really think so. Attack is a pretty big thing in Limited. I'd be more scared to see it on a defense combo.
Attack can kill Meteo+SA165 no problem. It's just you should see my defense tests, hah. I'll try get them up later.
Meteo LDrago usually makes a draw. Left Spin counter it with Lightning LDrago or LDrago and it shouldn't be a problem.
(Jun. 08, 2014  7:58 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: I don't really think so. Attack is a pretty big thing in Limited. I'd be more scared to see it on a defense combo.
Based on Time's Meta most people don't use Attack. They use Stamina. Until Attack is the most common used type in Limited then SA165 should be banned for Stamina usage.

(Jun. 08, 2014  8:00 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Meteo LDrago usually makes a draw. Left Spin counter it with Lightning LDrago or LDrago and it shouldn't be a problem.
Meteo L-Drago Spinsteals until the last spin so it doesn't usually draw... Why counter with lightning L-Drago? It's main use is Attack. If you want to counter Meteo L-Drago in stamina the best way to do so is use another Meteo L-Drago or Duo against it.
(Jun. 08, 2014  8:00 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Meteo LDrago usually makes a draw. Left Spin counter it with Lightning LDrago or LDrago and it shouldn't be a problem.
It's not just them, pretty much any combo in Left-Spin attack can kill Meteo SA165EWD. Even if you played Meteo LRF, R2F ect. against it, it would lose. It's just it's defense I'm worried about.
(Jun. 08, 2014  8:04 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote:
It's not just them, pretty much any combo in Left-Spin attack can kill Meteo SA165EWD. Even if you played Meteo LRF, R2F ect. against it, it would lose. It's just it's defense I'm worried about.

Just left spin attack? You can use virtually any attack to defeat it, unless it has MF-H on it.

Sorry about my previous post I thought you were talking about Stamina v Stamina.

Well it's not a 100% chance Meteo will make a draw. It usually loses to even stock beys I have.
He was talking about Left-Spin Beyblades. So I assumed I'd use the topic of Left-Spin attackers.

But yeah, any attack can kill it, hah.
(Jun. 08, 2014  8:07 PM)Neo~ Wrote:

Well it's not a 100% chance Meteo will make a draw. It usually loses to even stock beys I have.
What do you mean by even stock? Are you talking about Earth combos, because that doesn't make much sense...
(Jun. 08, 2014  8:01 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  7:58 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: I don't really think so. Attack is a pretty big thing in Limited. I'd be more scared to see it on a defense combo.
Based on Time's Meta most people don't use Attack. They use Stamina. Until Attack is the most common used type in Limited then SA165 should be banned for Stamina usage.

Depends on the location. NC uses attack all the time, so I hear from Thunder Dome.
(Jun. 08, 2014  8:29 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  8:01 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:

Depends on the location. NC uses attack all the time, so I hear from Thunder Dome.
In the Meta Overall it isn't used often, is what I mean.
We cannot ban a part only because it does well in tests and in one area.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: We cannot ban a part only because it does well in tests and in one area.
So that just proves the point. SA165 does good in Stamina, but nothing else. It should be unbanned.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:11 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: We cannot ban a part only because it does well in tests and in one area.
So that just proves the point. SA165 does good in Stamina, but nothing else. It should be unbanned.

By area, I meant an actual area, not a domain of skills. SA165 would most likely be in too many combinations and be too powerful, I do not even doubt that.
(Jun. 08, 2014  8:30 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: [quote='TheWhiteTiger' pid='1214901' dateline='1402255776']
[quote='RagerBlade' pid='1214869' dateline='1402254064']

I really have to disagree with this statement. We can't really wait for something that's not necessarily "official" to tell us that Attack is the most common type used. If SA165 is dominant (on any type, really) it should remain banned.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:11 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:

By area, I meant an actual area, not a domain of skills. SA165 would most likely be in too many combinations and be too powerful, I do not even doubt that.
That makes more sense. SA165 can be used in Attack. Why not do some tests on that?