MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF!

(Apr. 25, 2011  5:13 AM)th!nk Wrote: There was a problem with plastics, though, there was a dominant type. As soon as people started using Zombies, the metagame became terribly broken.
Personally, I just loved plastics for the extra customisation (and, as I was a kid at the time, no one really cared about rules, so there were some crazy modifications. We drew the line at stuff like huge, spiked WD's that broke beyblades, but yeah.). Of course, as I always used hasbro stadiums, attack was never all that great then. Meh. Actually, I used to use Spiral Change primarily (though I later modified it with a driger S tip, after losing the Bearing. It actually worked amazingly well, but aaanyway).
Anyway, back on topic, yeah, it's hard to get a flower pattern. If you're good/lucky you can get it to do smaller circles before getting caught on the tornado ridge, which lets you get a couple of hits in, but you're not going to get a flower pattern without grip, plain and simple.
I looked past that, since it was blatantly obvious. (perhaps silly.)

I think how far people go with attack types is very dependent on how many people bring them, and use them, no?
(Apr. 25, 2011  6:36 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2011  5:13 AM)th!nk Wrote: There was a problem with plastics, though, there was a dominant type. As soon as people started using Zombies, the metagame became terribly broken.
Personally, I just loved plastics for the extra customisation (and, as I was a kid at the time, no one really cared about rules, so there were some crazy modifications. We drew the line at stuff like huge, spiked WD's that broke beyblades, but yeah.). Of course, as I always used hasbro stadiums, attack was never all that great then. Meh. Actually, I used to use Spiral Change primarily (though I later modified it with a driger S tip, after losing the Bearing. It actually worked amazingly well, but aaanyway).
Anyway, back on topic, yeah, it's hard to get a flower pattern. If you're good/lucky you can get it to do smaller circles before getting caught on the tornado ridge, which lets you get a couple of hits in, but you're not going to get a flower pattern without grip, plain and simple.
I looked past that, since it was blatantly obvious. (perhaps silly.)

I think how far people go with attack types is very dependent on how many people bring them, and use them, no?
vey correct dan since only a small amount used it most of the attack bladers lost too 230 combos... i lost to Flame Byxis Out of BOX!! XD
ut then owned him with hell Cancer
Hey, ill donate some tests soon

Spiral Change base is still my favorite bottom as it is the key part to my Infinity combo in plastics that I made famous here. That is by far the best spin stealer/attacker in plastics. Even with a not so aggressive tip, it did a perfect job at attacking and took out dominant combos from every side. So I would not necessarily say zombies were dominant.

Also, in response to Kai-V's statement, if no one bothers to use attack, EVERY tournament will end up being a tournament full of the SAME stamina types, mirror matches, and things of that nature. No one wants to see those boring battles. I would be ashamed to even record that and show it to people. That's no test of skill. It is just a matter of who took the easiest/cheapest way out.

With this combo, I believe that people will go extremely far in any tournament. Those who win with this will definitely be able to set themselves apart from those who are not as skilled as them and search for more of a challenge. You can not tell who is more skilled through a stamina battle unless they use the stamina type as an attacker like I do with WDs. Other than that, there is no skill involved.
(Apr. 25, 2011  6:36 AM)Dan Wrote: I think how far people go with attack types is very dependent on how many people bring them, and use them, no?

If you mean because if only one person uses an Attack type and the rest is Defense and Stamina, then I agree. If that person is that good with Attack types, then they are served : they have plenty of what their Beyblade does very well against, so they should go far, no ? And if more people used Attack types, then it would become slightly more difficult.
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If you mean because if only one person uses an Attack type and the rest is Defense and Stamina, then I agree. If that person is that good with Attack types, then they are served : they have plenty of what their Beyblade does very well against, so they should go far, no ? And if more people used Attack types, then it would become slightly more difficult.

They should go far in that scenario, certainly. Difficulty can increase, but chances are if someone was to use an attack type they would cling on to Metal Face Lightning LDrago 9/10 times (absolutely random number, assumption.) which doesn't have too much problems dealing with other attack types. Considering everyone is wary about 230's being used, attackers will all be on CH120/145 so there wouldn't be a height disadvantage for our person. It would all come down to skill then. Where are we going with this..? :V I think people need to practice more than they do now.

Edit: What should this beyblade be categorized as? I've been having some difficulty with that.
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:28 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If you mean because if only one person uses an Attack type and the rest is Defense and Stamina, then I agree. If that person is that good with Attack types, then they are served : they have plenty of what their Beyblade does very well against, so they should go far, no ? And if more people used Attack types, then it would become slightly more difficult.

They should go far in that scenario, certainly. Difficulty can increase, but chances are if someone was to use an attack type they would cling on to Metal Face Lightning LDrago 9/10 times (absolutely random number, assumption.) which doesn't have too much problems dealing with other attack types. Considering everyone is wary about 230's being used, attackers will all be on CH120/145 so there wouldn't be a height disadvantage for our person. It would all come down to skill then. Where are we going with this..? :V I think people need to practice more than they do now.

Edit: What should this beyblade be categorized as? I've been having some difficulty with that.

Well, that depends. I tend to get this combo to attack more than tornado stall. This is a true spin stealer thats for sure. What kind of effects do you get with this?
I always try to make it do consecutive hits, OHKO's on occasion. That is actually why I didn't get 100% against Hell Kerbecs 230CS, trying to KO, but I actually got KO'd:

MF Meteo LDrago CH145XF vs. MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230CS
MF Meteo LDrago CH145XF win rate: 9/10 (6 OS, 3 KO)
MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230CS win rate: 1/10 (1 KO)

So, for Hell/Flame 230's I suggest you unfortunately stall. For Earth and Basalt, you might as well launch at 20%, you'll still win. (IIRC, same as Hell BD145CS)
(Apr. 25, 2011  4:23 PM)Dan Wrote: I always try to make it do consecutive hits, OHKO's on occasion. That is actually why I didn't get 100% against Hell Kerbecs 230CS, trying to KO, but I actually got KO'd:

MF Meteo LDrago CH145XF vs. MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230CS
MF Meteo LDrago CH145XF win rate: 9/10 (6 OS, 3 KO)
MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230CS win rate: 1/10 (1 KO)

So, for Hell/Flame 230's I suggest you unfortunately stall. For Earth and Basalt, you might as well launch at 20%, you'll still win. (IIRC, same as Hell BD145CS)

Hmm..so would this technically be a tornado staller? It steals spin so I am not sure if that should be the proper term.
I don't know, but here are some non top-tier results against Earth:

MF-F Lightning LDrago CH120XF vs. MF-H Earth Bull C145RF
MF-F Lightning LDrago CH120XF win rate: 4/10 (4 KO)
MF-H Earth Bull C145RF win rate: 6/10 (6 KO)

Okay, safe to say that anti-meta is the weakness of LLD CH120XF, right?
Heres the weird part:

MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF vs. MF-H Earth Bull C145RF
MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF win rate: 8/10 (6 KO, 2 OS)
MF-H Earth Bull C145RF win rate: 2/10 (2 KO)

I was thinking, this thing obliterates Earth, usually by KO. I like KO's. :V I think this was the combo McFrown used against MF-F Lightning LDrago in his video, or perhaps GB145. These results don't mean too much, but an out-dated anti-meta comparison. So kids, you want KO's with this combo? Use it against Earth!
(Apr. 25, 2011  5:05 PM)Dan Wrote: I don't know, but here are some non top-tier results against Earth:

MF-F Lightning LDrago CH120XF vs. MF-H Earth Bull C145RF
MF-F Lightning LDrago CH120XF win rate: 4/10 (4 KO)
MF-H Earth Bull C145RF win rate: 6/10 (6 KO)

Okay, safe to say that anti-meta is the weakness of LLD CH120XF, right?
Heres the weird part:

MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF vs. MF-H Earth Bull C145RF
MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF win rate: 8/10 (6 KO, 2 OS)
MF-H Earth Bull C145RF win rate: 2/10 (2 KO)

I was thinking, this thing obliterates Earth, usually by KO. I like KO's. :V I think this was the combo McFrown used against MF-F Lightning LDrago in his video, or perhaps GB145. These results don't mean too much, but an out-dated anti-meta comparison. So kids, you want KO's with this combo? Use it against Earth!

I'm beginning to love this combo more and more. People used to say, "oh meteo sucks, especially against Earth. Virgo is even better than Meteo." And now look. Results sure have changed now. This is an awesome job Dan.
Since I really love Metal Face - Feather Lightning LDrago ChangeHeight120 eXtremeFlat, I'll do 10 more tests soon with a weak launch, since McFrown said he did better that way.
thats cool. Any attack type is good with some kind of F
tip in its name
Dan, does LF provide comparable malleability to XF?

Those are some very impressive results against Hell 230CS and Anti-Metas. How might this perform against Bluezee's Lightning Tank or MF L-Drago 100WF, where it can't steal spin?
LF is useless, to me. As for the Lightning Tank, they seem somewhat close to each other. Guessing Bluezee and I should do tests, and compare. I don't have LDrago, so I can't help you there.
Maybe Kei could do tests? He tested Lightning Tank against MF LDrago 100WF and the Lightning Tank lost 3-12. Maybe Maximum Meteor could suffer the same downfall.

Do you have any ideas as to what may be Maximum Meteor's true kryptonite? There has to be some weakness to it.
That combination is much like mine, only it would have a height advantage. I guess at the next tournament Kei and I should battle with those customizations. Low track defense customs are the downfall of almost every attacker.
Okay, first things first. I just realized that I have mixed up the two pics in this post regarding BD145's positions.
I apologize if any of you have been referring to that, since your results might not be as accurate (stamina-wise).

Anyway, here are the tests and Dan is going to kill me Grin:
Conditions:
Attack Type Stadium
Against Stamina and Defense, MLD always shot first
Against Attack, alternating launches
Rubber of LDrago II are in mint condition (I opened up a new one for testing, lol)
Plastic tip of CS is considerably worn, so it probably has slightly better balance compared to a mint one.
Everything shot at 100% power, unless stated otherwise.

Against Basalt Cancer (Click to View)

I'll post the rest of the tests (on Stamina and Attack) tomorrow.
(Apr. 25, 2011  6:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Who cares about how many people use Attack types. What matters is if they can even go far in a tournament with them.
well i came 4 th using an attack type
nice testing diamond the faces were funny Smile
and i will do testing once i get a ch120 Tongue_out
Well, Dan. I have used this combo and tested it. Compared to MF LL-Drago BD145LRF, Meteo doesnt KO -.- . Its nice seeing MLD going up to a use during this Metagame. Hopefully, i will be able to master this beast Grin . I will come back with Attack Vs Attack tests.. Hope MLD doesnt fail..
(Apr. 25, 2011  9:06 PM)Fire Eternal Wrote: Maybe Kei could do tests? He tested Lightning Tank against MF LDrago 100WF and the Lightning Tank lost 3-12. Maybe Maximum Meteor could suffer the same downfall.

Do you have any ideas as to what may be Maximum Meteor's true kryptonite? There has to be some weakness to it.

For the record, Kei's combo is basically a tornado staller. Not only will I not be able to steal spin, I don't have much stamina compared to that at all. With that said, it is harder to take out. However, I am sure that if I used it and he used his combo, the results would definitely vary.
As for Diamond; practice. I do not know how you didn't get 100% against Basalt BD145.. I never said not to tornado stall, but in this case it is a better choice. Don't try to get the flower pattern, most times you won't KO so that is pointless.

Azlan; NO? Of course this KO's a whole lot less than a rubber tipped attack type! No -.-'s needed. You'll need some serious practice to get even 50% against attack types.
i didn't have a cs to test against so i used basalt cancer230wb against meteo ldrago145xf but basalt cancer230wb keeps outspining meteo ldrago145xf i am still working on mastering xf but i was wondering how much wb affected it i think it made it worse and i need more practice but im not sure
.. That really doesn't make sense. WB is lower than CS, and even with CS, Meteo can still hit Basalt. WB would just make it easier to spin-steal and KO..
(Apr. 26, 2011  11:14 PM)Dan Wrote: .. That really doesn't make sense. WB is lower than CS, and even with CS, Meteo can still hit Basalt. WB would just make it easier to spin-steal and KO..

thankyou because i wasn't sure if the difference affected it so now i just need to practice more with xf