MF-M Duo Cygnus 230 MB

Bull is a pretty terrible CW tbh, and use a better CW on Flash, I'm assuming you used Sagittario 2, which is terrible against taller opponents, and not sagittario 1 as you've written, which is confusing and something people need to stop doing immediately, but yeah.
I have updated the OP to include all of the result submissions. Thank you guys.

@N0$killBl@der : That's a decent result against your Phantom B : D, considering you have the 7 minute B : D.
(Apr. 07, 2012  6:54 PM)Uwik Wrote: I have updated the OP to include all of the result submissions. Thank you guys.

@N0$killBl@der : That's a decent result against your Phantom B : D, considering you have the 7 minute B : D.

Yes, and due to the draw result, I decided to test it in another 10 rounds.
WBO standard procedure
MF-H Duo Aquario 230MB vs Phantom Orion B : D
Duo - 6/10
Phantom 4/10

Well, my B : D will spin 7 mins if it is in the EMCO attack stadium. When I test it in TT Attack stadium, it was in the 5-6 minute range
(Apr. 07, 2012  3:14 PM)th!nk Wrote: Bull is a pretty terrible CW tbh, and use a better CW on Flash, I'm assuming you used Sagittario 2, which is terrible against taller opponents, and not sagittario 1 as you've written, which is confusing and something people need to stop doing immediately, but yeah.

The clear wheel used on Flash was Sagittario II
Sagittario II is terrible on Flash.
Decided to test this against L-Drago Guardian CH120XF and Flash Pisces S130RF. Done two sets of tests for each, without an MF-H and with an MF-H.

Without MF-H
With MF-H
The problem is, Flash needs a metal face/MF-H to perform at a top-tier level, and this combination also requires one...

Also, how about some benchmark tests with your flash against something (preferably something else on 230 or TH170 @ 220 height)?
Could you reformat the result as

MF-H Combo A vs Combo B
Combo A vs MF-H Combo B

That way, it's more clear cut, instead of merging the result with alternating MF-H. Thank you.
(Apr. 09, 2012  10:49 AM)th!nk Wrote: The problem is, Flash needs a metal face/MF-H to perform at a top-tier level, and this combination also requires one...

Also, how about some benchmark tests with your flash against something (preferably something else on 230 or TH170 @ 220 height)?
Sure, what do you have in mind?

Also, Uwik, reformatted them that way.
Thank you. They're much easier to read now. I have added your results into the OP.
I'm wondering, would this work with basalt as well? Now, I haven't been able to keep up to date with combos that much, and I can't really be getting a Duo, because the set it comes in runs from sixty to seventy dollars online. I've got to save as much money as possible before my trip to Toronto. You think it's worth testing?
(Apr. 12, 2012  1:44 AM)Slee Wrote: I'm wondering, would this work with basalt as well? Now, I haven't been able to keep up to date with combos that much, and I can't really be getting a Duo, because the set it comes in runs from sixty to seventy dollars online. I've got to save as much money as possible before my trip to Toronto. You think it's worth testing?

Here's a post of Uwik's that seems to fit the bill!
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Duo-Uran...#pid936746
Yep. On the money there Shab.

25% chance of using Basalt will actually work. It really depends on your Basalt.
100% chance of it NOT doing as well as Duo.
Apparently this custom crushes the opponent down, so this should be one of the competitive combos.
Oh Uwik.....This combo was used so many times at REDEMPTION today......Grin they all call this combo the troll bey,becuase of its power....XD
Haha, that's cool. How did it do overall? What did it face? Did it manage to place? It'd be great if you could share, I'd love to hear it.
I used it and got first, and Primal used it and got second Smile
As far as I know, Primal used it for all of his battles in Block 1, while I did the same in Block 3, and MxGIC also used it in Block 2, haha. So that's a MF-H Duo Aquario 230MB in every block xD
Primal's Duo seemed to get off-balanced quicker in the finals when he faced KaotiK then it had in any of his previous matches, which was odd, and MxGIC's Duo went off-balanced quickly in a few of his battles as well. I have really no idea why, haha, because I was also facing 145-height combos and I didn't experience the same. Could it be the MBs? I've never heard anything about there being a difference at all, but if you'd like to know, mine is from the Attack and Defense Set, while their's were from the UDXS.
Wow, that's great! It came as a surprise to me that it caught on like this. Congratulations guys on the wins!

As for the MB, I think it's more of the level of wear, rather than the lot types. Generally, a somewhat agressive movement is preferred. Mine is from the set that had Poison Girrafe.

More importantly, as we know, the same metal wheel can perform differently from one another.

It's strange that in GA's previous tournaments, attack types are quite common, and you guys still opted for this combo hahaha. Rock on! I'm happy to hear this. I'm all smiles right now.
I beat this combo with ldrago guardian S-130XF and MF-H duo sagittarioIII BD145CS.Its quite a nice stamina combo.I like it becuase unlike a lot of stamina types,it takes skill to use it.
Every combinations have counters. Although, I did casually test it against MD-H LDG S130 XF, and got 60% difficult wins. It really depends on launches, and whether the user dares to do a full power slide shoot, with extreme banking on MB or not.

In any case, post in the Winning Combination thread guys.
Yeah, both combos destabilized it well, it titled badly, then, of course, it scraped harshly, which resulted in the OS.
I don't know about KaotiK, but I'm going to let Primal do the honors seeing as he was the host Joyful_3
It might be just my Phantom, but I have a heavy Duo (I forget the exact weight though) and it lost to my Phantom Orion uncustomized. The B : D was a 5 minute mold, and I've used it a lot since then, yet it still beat my MF-H Duo Cygnus 230MB. I have experience with MB, and even when I switched the MBs between UDXS and Poison Giraffe from A&D and alternately launched I had a 100% win rate.

Is this supposed to happen, or...?
I think there's a stock Phantom test on the OP. I'm not sure without actually looking at the battles. I will do a formal test video for this soon. Hopefully in 2-3 days. This way, you guys can get the gist of my launches for this combo.
Heavy Duo may actually be worse for stamina somehow, perhaps based on where the extra weight is. Remember, Relic, I think it was, had a light Duo that didn't work well defensively but did manage to beat his phantom. He then got a more regular one which works properly for defense but didn't beat his phantom. All still very hazy.

Still, that's a very odd result.
So Arupaeo told me that this combo is also doing great in the Zero G Attack Type BeyStadium, based on his personal tests. On a personal level, it's great to hear that a combo can transcend into a different series.

It would be appreciated if we could get some contributions in terms of tests in the Zero G Attack Type BeyStadium. I will add them up into the OP as well. Cheers guys.
(Apr. 16, 2012  5:24 AM)Uwik Wrote: So Arupaeo told me that this combo is also doing great in the Zero G Attack Type BeyStadium, based on his personal tests. On a personal level, it's great to hear that a combo can transcend into a different series.

It would be appreciated if we could get some contributions in terms of tests in the Zero G Attack Type BeyStadium. I will add them up into the OP as well. Cheers guys.

Hopefully mine will come tommorow, so if i have time i will make sure to do so!