MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF

Simply amazing. How it manages to KO pretty much everything is beyond me, and the added defense and smash is enough to put this in a league of its own... I'm interested to see how LDD works with BD145LRF...

This custom is BROKEN. There, I said it. Smug
Mine's certainly broken. As in, I get 0/10 vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS. Unhappy

This does remind me of something I read a little while back, though. Bluezee and Mr. N, what brand are your Lightnings and L-Dragos? Someone mentioned something that might confirm my suspicions as to why this combo isn't working for me.
(Apr. 23, 2011  10:52 AM)th!nk Wrote: Mine's certainly broken. As in, I get 0/10 vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS. Unhappy

This does remind me of something I read a little while back, though. Bluezee and Mr. N, what brand are your Lightnings and L-Dragos? Someone mentioned something that might confirm my suspicions as to why this combo isn't working for me.

I have only Hasbro Molds of Lightning but I use a TT LDrago clear wheel. Seems to have more ridges for attack on top.
(Apr. 23, 2011  8:44 AM)ikmv Wrote: MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) C145 R2F

C145 negates BD145 smash and also hits it enough to slow it down some with small taps.

Tests:
Tests done in Atk Stadium first 10 launches were Lightening last 10 were Fang

MF LightningLDrago BD145LRF vs. MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) CF145 R2F
MF LightningLDrago BD145LRF: 7 wins (3 OS)
MF Fang Leone(Counter)CF145 R2F: 12 wins
1 draw
MeteoL Drago win percentage: 35%

NICE RESULTS! Seems like the tank actually didnt do too bad. I think we both knew that Fang already gave it a problem lol. I noted that in the opening. I was talking about you up there. We can never tell who is going to win with out matches. Definitely need to play you against that!
I thought it might be a Mix. Curiosity, how much plastic is hanging over the side of Lightning?
Diamond apparently gets pretty meh results too, I think he uses just TT parts. Well, I might get a TT LLD, if I get the chance.
That said, I've got my own metagaming attack type now, it looks like (probably closer to dans though, as it's XF).
Anyway, excellent combo. If I get a TT LLdrago CW, I might test it myself, but until then, I'd rather not foul up the thread Tongue_out
I just finished testing a theory I had and I tell you, this combo has some SERIOUS defensive qualities. By launching this combo at no more than 50%, it turns into a defense type that not only steals spin from right spin beyblades(it does this best when against attackers), it creates so much recoil that the opposing beyblade is smashed out of the stadium as if it was launched at 100%.

Lightning Tank(50%) vs. MF-H Gravity Perseus H145RF(Right Spin Counter Mode)
Lightning: 20/20(2ko 18os)

vs. MF-H G.Perseus H145RF(Left Spin Counter Mode)
Lightning: 20/20 (4ko 16os)

vs. MF Pegasis 145RF
Lightning: 18/20(2 losses by KO 8KO 10 OS)
RF will help it's spin stealing more than LRF or R2F

And you can launch RF a little harder than you would have to to get that 50% LRF launch movement.
Just to clarify it ISN'T tthe fall of the metagame. Metagame changes and we still have a lot of new upcoming beyblade releases. So I suggest u stop trying to kill the meta game. Go to italy or london Tired. Sry if I was harsh but don't just assume the metagame falls just because of the lighting tank. Good results tho.
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:39 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: RF will help it's spin stealing more than LRF or R2F

And you can launch RF a little harder than you would have to to get that 50% LRF launch movement.

Sorry but that is definitely NOT true. LRF not only boosts the attack power and grip, with its "hit, pause, hit" ability, the spin stealing is maxed out. RF may have more stamina but it does not cover as much area as LRF. RF is obselete compared to LRF.
Attack spin stealers aren't supposed to cover more area.

There's a reason why Italians use RF and not R2F and LRF. RF isn't obsolete
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:39 PM)®otation Wrote: Just to clarify it ISN'T tthe fall of the metagame. Metagame changes and we still have a lot of new upcoming beyblade releases. So I suggest u stop trying to kill the meta game. Go to italy or london Tired. Sry if I was harsh but don't just assume the metagame falls just because of the lighting tank. Good results tho.

Someone must have brainwashed you or you are speaking for them. Besides, nothing that has come out yet has anywhere near the win rate against this many combos than the Lightning Tank with the exception of Maximum Meteor. In Italy, the were suffering against Basalt 230CS and those boring mirror matches started. Ever since I introduced the combo to them, not only are they getting results like mine, but it is taking care of the issue at hand which should have died out long ago but people ran to Basalt for safety and comfort. The metagame clearly revolves (or should I say revolved now that Dan and I made combos that take down pretty much anything) around Basalt and 230. This takes care of that with ease so in a sense, yes this is a fall of the current metagame and it will remain that way until someone creates something better.
Hah, "fall of the metagame"

You tend to make pretty big assumptions.
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:46 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Attack spin stealers aren't supposed to cover more area.

Again, RF is obselete. I know how this combo works and it DOES NOT work well with RF. It slows it down. Spin Stealing attackers should cover more area so it can reach out and actually steal spin at the end of the match just in case it does not score a KO. If you subject a combo to such a small area, it will never be able to touch anything around it. For example, when CS is on the verge of falling, it leans and heads straight for the tornado ridge. If you can not reach it, youre screwed. Stop telling me what the Italians use as if they are the undisputed attack experts. If they were, they wouldn't have been suffering against Basalt 230CS and they would have made Dan and my attack combos.
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:49 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Hah, "fall of the metagame"

You seem a bit offended. A little mad that you couldn't think of something smart enough and useful enough to replicate these results? It's not an assumption. It's called results and proof. Like I have here and others have posted as well.
You are doing metagaming right now, Bluezee, apparently :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming

A metagame cannot "fall". It constantly changes.
(Apr. 23, 2011  5:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You are doing metagaming right now, Bluezee, apparently :

Well if that is the case, then it is being destroyed and reconstructed to make this and Dan's combo the top combs to beat now. Make more sense?
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:51 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:46 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Attack spin stealers aren't supposed to cover more area.

Again, RF is obselete. I know how this combo works and it DOES NOT work well with RF. It slows it down. Spin Stealing attackers should cover more area so it can reach out and actually steal spin at the end of the match just in case it does not score a KO. If you subject a combo to such a small area, it will never be able to touch anything around it. For example, when CS is on the verge of falling, it leans and heads straight for the tornado ridge. If you can not reach it, youre screwed. Stop telling me what the Italians use as if they are the undisputed attack experts. If they were, they wouldn't have been suffering against Basalt 230CS and they would have made Dan and my attack combos.
like has been stated many times in the past...spin stealing in MFB is just equalizing. Spin stealing attack types destabilize at the end, otherwise their spin stealing just turns into a tie. And I wasn't talking about the tests in the OP, just the ones where you wrote "trying a new theory".
I don't say that Italians are the undisputed attack experts. You were doing attack vs attack battles, and I wrote about what has been used in tournaments constantly. You do believe that tournaments are the most important in defining the game, right?

(Apr. 23, 2011  4:51 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:49 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Hah, "fall of the metagame"

You seem a bit offended. A little mad that you couldn't think of something smart enough and useful enough to replicate these results? It's not an assumption. It's called results and proof. Like I have here and others have posted as well.
I'm not mad at all. It just seems that your goal is just to prove your superiority over other people with combos you assume Win all the time. It's kind of funny actually.
Like I wrote above, youre the one that always says that tournaments are different from testing. So saying "fall of the metagame" without it actually being used around the world in the many places where there are dominant combos, is pretty ironic.

And, i meant to write that in my first post. I just forgot and rotation reminded me.

Smile
(Apr. 23, 2011  5:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You are doing metagaming right now, Bluezee, apparently :

Perhaps it would be more correct to say as the meta-game stands currently, this combination defeats what it has to offer, making it the top standing combination as of now?
If anything, this would just become another top-tier combination, nothing else ...
[/quote]
I'm not mad at all. It just seems that your goal is just to prove your superiority over other people with combos you assume Win all the time. It's kind of funny actually.
Like I wrote above, youre the one that always says that tournaments are different from testing. So saying "fall of the metagame" without it actually being used around the world in the many places where there are dominant combos, is pretty ironic.

And, i meant to write that in my first post. I just forgot and rotation reminded me.

Smile
[/quote]

It is really annoying to see people say, there is no spin stealing in MFB, only equalizing. You do realize that the ONLY WAY FOR ANYTHING TO BE EQUALIZED IS BY SOMETHING STEALING SPIN FROM THE OTHER RIGHT?
I dont care what they use in tournaments because if it worked, they wouldn't be having issues. I know what works and what doesn't. I dont follow anyone's lead.

The reason it is not used is because it has just been recently shared and people are still afraid to use anything other than Basalt and are not skilled enough to use attackers to take these "dominant" combos out. My goal is to stop all of these boring, insignificant, and useless mirror matches from happening. They prove absolutely NOTHING. I don't have to prove any superiority over anyone. My skill and track record can show that for me.

If people were not so lazy and dependant on Basalt and 230, there would not be tournament after tournament of stamina types and Basalt 230s winning. And I would not have to sit and watch the most BORING excuses for final matches in tournaments up close and have them being seen as "intense" or "epic". Especially the crappy videos. I cant sit there and watch 30 seconds of it anymore. I dont even watch final matches of tournaments I attend anymore even if it is my own because if my opponent is not using attack, it is insignificant to me.
Bluezee
This combo is a godsend. I've been fooling around for the longest time, trying to find ways to get around the use of Basalt/230-based combos and their like.

Anyhow, I've got a question about it: Is the use of LRF absolutely necessary? I know you've said that RF is obsolete in use with this combination, but could R2F suffice?
(Apr. 23, 2011  6:10 PM)TehBrownSauce Wrote: Bluezee
This combo is a godsend. I've been fooling around for the longest time, trying to find ways to get around the use of Basalt/230-based combos and their like.

Anyhow, I've got a question about it: Is the use of LRF absolutely necessary? I know you've said that RF is obsolete in use with this combination, but could R2F suffice?

R2F can work but just not as well as LRF. In the order of effectiveness, it would be LRF, R2F as the most suitable substitute, and then RF.
LRF would be best, since this thing needs good movement but I do believe a mint/semi-worn R2F would achieve good results. (Maybe a 10-15% difference from LRF though.)
I think you are too concerned with making a name for yourself. You keep using words like "destroy" and "reconstructed".
(Apr. 23, 2011  6:45 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I think you are too concerned with making a name for yourself. You keep using words like "destroy" and "reconstructed".

I don't think this is relevant to the thread in the least. Can we please get off the topic of "oh no bluezee is using hyperbole" and back on to the discussion of "hey this combo works/doesn't work"?
I understand that Bluezee is being somewhat strong in his wording, but that's how he is, he's obviously not going to change, or he would have done so in the last dozen or so threads we had this exact same discussion in.
Bluezee, you might want to make a conscious effort to tone down the enthusiasm a little, if you want people to listen to what you're saying, instead of how you're saying it.
I'd suggest anyone who has a problem with this, or another members posts, take it to PM, and leave this thread for the combo

On topic: Just to restate this if anyone missed it: A few people have stated that a hasbro lightning with a tt ldrago cw seems to provide better results. If that is the case, then that may be why I, amongst others, aren't getting results equal to bluezee. You'd be amazed what difference obstructive plastic can make. I'll get a TT lightning ldrago soon, to test this, but so far it seems the most logical solution.
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:47 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Someone must have brainwashed you or you are speaking for them.
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:51 PM)Bluezee Wrote: You seem a bit offended. A little mad that you couldn't think of something smart enough and useful enough to replicate these results? It's not an assumption. It's called results and proof. Like I have here and others have posted as well.
(Apr. 23, 2011  5:24 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I don't have to prove any superiority over anyone. My skill and track record can show that for me.
My GOODNESS you are arrogant...

(Apr. 23, 2011  5:24 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I dont follow anyone's lead.
Really? Because it sounds like you're following Kira1's lead. Let me show you the similarities...
  • Via text message, you spoke to me about bias in judging. Kira1 has created threads about rigged tournaments.
  • You're posting combos about how to beat everyone else's combos, bragging about how your combo is the best and will change the game. Didn't Kira1 do that to you? "Tournament winning combos"?
  • When I wouldn't let you judge, you through a hissy fit. When I wouldn't let Kira1 judge, he started anonymously bashing me.
  • Every time you lose a tournament, you make an excuse. The first time, it was your launcher. Woe is you. The second time, it was because "all of the good bladers got eliminated" ...maybe that's because our game is evolving to introduce new and stronger bladers? Again, going back to the excuses Kira1 makes about how I put the match in your favour. Oh wait, didn't he have a "faulty Hasbro rev launcher"?

Yes, you have a great combo. Doesn't make you better than us. You're #11 on the rankings, not #1.
I got similar results using an all Hasbro Lightning L-Drago. The super vortex clear wheel and regular release metal wheel (silver). I honestly think that there is not difference at all, it may be related to your shot th!nk.