MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS (Updated 6/21/12)

Diablo is outclassed as a attack wheel by stuff like Variares, Flash, and Blitz. Try testing this against
MF Variares(LEFT SPIN) 90RF.
It may be outclassed, but it's a great wheel. And Ingulit already said it doesn't work good against low tracks like that...
Diablo is not outclassed where did you get that from?
It's outclassed of attack by Blitz, Vari and Flash.
Blitz does not outclass Diablo, I could argue that Diablo outclasses Variares to, Diablo is used to defeat flash (cause this is the most popular attack wheel) as an anti-attacker. So Diablo is on par with flash
You also see diablo place more than Blitz and Variares so Diablo is not outclassed by those two wheels.
I'm talking about as an attack wheel. I'm going by my tests and the top tier list's test.
I was talking about ATTACK types. You could get a better win rate against a top tier defense with Flash and Variares compared to Diablo. Diablo is not a outclassed part, but its outclassed in terms of attack. It is a good anti attacker.
This combo rocks. It really does do well when playing Flash. But I just wanted to point out that against other attack combos it will get OSed a lot. This can be fixed when you change to CS, which in my opinion has more defense.
(May. 27, 2013  3:28 PM)GriffinsMaster Wrote: This combo rocks. It really does do well when playing Flash. But I just wanted to point out that against other attack combos it will get OSed a lot. This can be fixed when you change to CS, which in my opinion has more defense.

Ummm... Dude, do you even have RS? It has nearly twice the defense of CS, IMO. RS has quite a bit of stamina when paired with scythe (fore a defense combo, obviously), and since most attackers in the meta use R2F/RF/LRF, it can OS them very easily. Smile At least, that's what I think...

Also, I don't know if this thread needs to be revived, since it has been inactive for like 10 months, but if anyone reads this, isn't RS taller than most tips? Just wondering. And Diablo actually has quite a bit of smash, IMO. I used to use Diablo 100R2F, and it wasn't half bad... Flash is definitely better, but I think diablo might actually be useful to a higher degree than variares in terms of attack. It has quite a bit of smash. However, though I've seen its win rates and videos of its performance, I don't own variares, so I'm not gonna make any definite statements... I do own blitz though, and I'd say that diablo is at least on par. Just a thought. Smile
Hey, cool to see people are posting about this combo again! I've been meaning to do a re-boot since this is finding a new home in countering tall Synchrom attackers.

As far as tips go, you can't really substitute RS. RS is shorter than other rubber-based tips (by, like, a hair), but more importantly it stays perfectly in the center of the stadium. Yes, this custom does have paltry stamina, meaning if a MF attacker decides to tornado stall you might have a problem. However, I've tried literally every rubber tip available and none work even half as well as RS.
i want you to test this against some synchrome attackers.
How about against the powerful MSF-H Wywang Wyang GB145R2F?
I think it can easily beat this
(Jun. 04, 2013  1:21 AM)ryugavskyoya1 Wrote: i want you to test this against some synchrome attackers.
How about against the powerful MSF-H Wywang Wyang GB145R2F?
I think it can easily beat this

Your wish is my command!

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MSF-H-Wy...inHighwind

I already did exactly these tests back when KainHighwind and I first mentioned that combo, haha!

Ingulit Wrote:MSF Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F vs. MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS
Scythe always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Wyvang: 7 (2 OS, 5 KO)
Scythe: 13 (11 OS, 2 KO)
Wyvang Win %: 35.0%

Get your Scythes while they're hot! This was the best custom for defeating Wyvang that I tested, and I'm starting to think I should revive the MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS thread for top-tier consideration, haha!
Thanks Ingulit, I actually remembered seeing that thread but I forgot you tested in it, I only remember kain. The reason I suggested it is because of the thread. Anyways, I really think it should be top tier if it can beat Synchrome attackers and Flash. I don't see how H145 makes a big difference though.
On whether or not it could be top-tier, I'd point out the current metagame is basically "Dragooon all day erry day" and I strongly recall this getting absolutely wrecked by left spin anything. Still, these winrates aren't anything to sniff at, even if the application is limited.
Well maybe you could put RDF on this combo, I know in the OP u said it was to tall, but I mean with E230 running around it doesn't make that big of a difference, sence RDF has about the same amount of defense as RS, it might to better because of the LAD it offers vs left spin.
It's not so much that RDF is too tall as it is Scythe is too wide. Since Scythe is on such a low track and because it overhangs the track so much, it causes the bey to tip over slightly, which on RDF means on the plastic rim. When that happens, the custom goes aggro, which isn't good.

Like Th!nk said this fails hardcore to left spin and tornado stallers, haha. It's kind of an anti-meta defense type, for if you have lots of tall Flash users or Wyvang attackers.
I suspect Begirados or Gryph would Force Smash the carp out of this. I'll see if one of my friends will let me use their Scythe for testing.
(Jun. 06, 2013  1:44 AM)Cake Wrote: I suspect Begirados or Gryph would Force Smash the carp out of this. I'll see if one of my friends will let me use their Scythe for testing.

It'd have to be a really low force smasher, haha! Maybe if it was a low Synchrom-based attacker with one of the two on the bottom... It warrants testing for sure.
I wonder if scythe's PC frame could actually help against force smash. I mean, what happens in the anime is usually ludicrous, but it might actually help a bit if it's getting slammed down on. Don't have it yet, though, so I can't try it out.
I have played around with my blitz against this combo and I had noticed if this combo is knocked downward it does scrap and sometimes enough to finish it of so something low enough but potent enough to do the trick no wonder why flash + h145 is did well insist it was the smash from above also how death quetz beat scythe. In the anime you gotta hit it from the top also has anyone tried useing gemios on this scythe combo
aurawolf
Uranus is the best energy ring for this because it exposes the pc frame to the limit causing Scythe to be used to its very full potential.
(Jun. 06, 2013  6:02 PM)aurawolf Wrote: I have played around with my blitz against this combo and I had noticed if this combo is knocked downward it does scrap and sometimes enough to finish it of so something low enough but potent enough to do the trick no wonder why flash + h145 is did well insist it was the smash from above also how death quetz beat scythe.

Yeah, this is what I've noticed too. If the opponent IS using something particularly low (or something like H145), this custom has a hard time both because it's so light and because it does scrape if hit downwards enough. Of course, if the opponent is using a high attacker, then you're in business!

(Jun. 06, 2013  6:02 PM)aurawolf Wrote: has anyone tried useing gemios on this scythe combo

Geminos is not bad, actually. I kind of didn't like it since the shape has two prominent thick portions that seemed to cause some recoil when hit (more than Uranus, anyway). As far as other clear wheels go, I have been playing with Pisces a bit and I've been liking that a lot.
I am actually really serious about this being top tier. It beats almost all right spin smash attackers, if I'm not mistaken. And the best reason is, this thing creams MSF-H Wywang Wywang 145R2F.
But one thing, if Flash beats this combo with H145 wouldn't the same thing go for Wywang Wywang?
Although that may be true, left spin is very dominant, so anything left spin will cream it, as th!nk previously stated previously......

(Jun. 04, 2013  8:29 PM)th!nk Wrote: On whether or not it could be top-tier, I'd point out the current metagame is basically "Dragooon all day erry day" and I strongly recall this getting absolutely wrecked by left spin anything. Still, these winrates aren't anything to sniff at, even if the application is limited.
i understand the meta game is full of spin stealers but it depends on your area's meta-game not every one will have a dragooon (well at least untill the hasbro release) also many other top tiers beys get demolished by dragooon yet there still on the list were talking about a thin metal wheel with spinning plastic scythes that went from stamina (though outclassed) to top rate defense and is taking hits from flash and wyvang wyvang like a champ that revizer and duo should be it should deserve a spot on the top tier list i don't know about you all but im not hesitating to bring this too an upcoming tournament