MF-H L-Drago Guardian BD145EDS

I was playing around with combos to beat MF-H Duo Cygnus 230MB and discovered this combo worked well! Here are some more of my test results

Attack tests
Defense Tests
Stamina Tests
I reccomend this combo to anyone... Feel free to test this combo yourself and see what results you get!
wow this is a great combo for Defense and Stamina
I would call it OK for fending of attack combos
Good defense combo..
But l drago guardian CH 120 WF should also work well, i guess so. Did you try it?
I dont have a CH120 to try it
I'll be honest, either your launching is bad or your VariAres is worn..
(Mar. 19, 2012  8:18 PM)Dan Wrote: I'll be honest, either your launching is bad or your VariAres is worn..

Not Exactly, The L-Drago seemed to take the hits and stay in, resulting in a Stamina fight, the KO's L-Drago did might have occured due to recoil of VariAres. The 6 Vari Wins were some straight up powerful hits.
Please do a Benchmark test then. Basalt/Death Aquario BD145CS is the usual.
Im sure Duo has Outclassed Death and Basalt by now, someone else would have to do it... i only have 1 BD145
He means MF VariAres R145RF vs. what he just suggested, as a benchmark to see your ability with Attackers because right now, many of us question it.

Duo or Death are fine.
I suggested Basalt & Death because it's easier to tell the skill level against them, but with Duo, even great attack type users can have a hard time. Heck, even Wing would be fine for a benchmark by now.
I think you need to test it agianst a lower stamina combo, such as Phantom aquario AD145 wd.
MF-H L-Drago Guardian BD145EDS vs. MF-H Variares R145RF (Left)
L-Drago: 2 Wins (2 KO, 0 OS)
Variares: 18 Wins (17 KO, 1 OS)
2 Draws, Both Redone
L-Drago Guardian Win Percentage: 10%

Variares owned it plain and simple, one of L-Drago's two KOs was by a wall save that would of been a draw, and the other was from just from Variares massive recoil. Variares' OS win was from huge scraping by L-Drago. I'm thinking that you did Left vs. Right testing, not Left vs. Left, but I haven't tried them against each other with Variares in Right spin, back pains are killing me, I was just way bored and decided to do these.

So any reason why I got these results? There are only three answers,
1)You tested in Right vs. Left.
2)You aren't very good with attack types.
3)Both..
I suspect #3, since even if Variares was in Right spin, the results wouldn't be THAT different.
I'd like to see tests of it weak launched against flash but you'd need a better tip.

The only way the results in the OP against variares are possible is with weak launching the LDG combo, and in that case, anyone using Variares in right spin deserves to lose.

I actually quite like this combination as a Spin Stealer that isn't really easy to KO, but it's viability is rather limited (basically to beating 145-height and lower defense beys, basically, and stuff it can destabilise or whatever).

You used TH170 at a totally incorrect height, 170 will lose to 145, that's why it's such a poor height in general. Duo TH170CS isn't great anyway, but against taller opponents (TH195 and up), LDG is generally ground into the stadium and OS'd, even in opposite spin, from what I've seen.
(Mar. 21, 2012  6:39 AM)th!nk Wrote: I'd like to see tests of it weak launched against flash but you'd need a better tip.

The only way the results in the OP against variares are possible is with weak launching the LDG combo, and in that case, anyone using Variares in right spin deserves to lose.

I actually quite like this combination as a Spin Stealer that isn't really easy to KO, but it's viability is rather limited (basically to beating 145-height and lower defense beys, basically, and stuff it can destabilise or whatever).

You used TH170 at a totally incorrect height, 170 will lose to 145, that's why it's such a poor height in general. Duo TH170CS isn't great anyway, but against taller opponents (TH195 and up), LDG is generally ground into the stadium and OS'd, even in opposite spin, from what I've seen.
Thank you for truly seeing the power inside th!nk! So what your saying is AD145 over TH170 would be the better call? I honestly feel both are quite decent parts for stamina.

And Universe, i dont suck with attack types. Quit jumping to conclusions before you take me on with attack (ive used only defense on you)
Please quote where I said "suck", because it would be very interesting to see where I said that.
And you still haven't done the benchmark that we've requested, which could actually help out the validity of your tests.
Also, what spin direction was the Variares in the OP in?
Demon: Use TH170 at 195 or 220 height. 170 is generally weak to 145 heights.
Gotta make the tests fair.

And yeah, I was using this combo myself for a while after I got LDG. It's nice, but rather limited in application. Still, something I'd keep up my sleeve at a tournament.
How about using a EWD
(Mar. 28, 2012  8:35 AM)Ldrago destroy1 Wrote: How about using a EWD

Eds is much better. Plain old wd is better. Ewd would probably be worse.
(Mar. 28, 2012  8:35 AM)Ldrago destroy1 Wrote: How about using a EWD
How about not making poorly-thought-out suggestions? It scrapes.

(Mar. 28, 2012  8:56 AM)Fury Wrote: Eds is much better. Plain old wd is better. Ewd would probably be worse.

Actually because it's usually in the opposite spin direction to opponents, EWD is better than WD. Both are terrible due to scraping.

(Mar. 28, 2012  9:06 AM)-1o1-DiAbLO- Wrote: Worn WD is better for defense combo mint WD is better for stamina
CH120 is a good track for attack combo it is widely used because of its height changing ability

Which has what to do with this thread?
(Mar. 28, 2012  12:12 AM)Demon Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2012  6:39 AM)th!nk Wrote: I'd like to see tests of it weak launched against flash but you'd need a better tip.

Thank you for truly seeing the power inside th!nk! So what your saying is AD145 over TH170 would be the better call? I honestly feel both are quite decent parts for stamina.

And Universe, i dont suck with attack types. Quit jumping to conclusions before you take me on with attack (ive used only defense on you)

Yeah well what's you reason for why your results are so awful then huh?
Demon can't get online at the moment, and as such, he sent me these results through texts, as a benchmark:

MF-H VariAres R145RF (Right) vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
I'm assuming he used Standard Procedure :\
Vari: 7 wins (7 KO)
Basalt: 13 wins (11 OS 2 KO)

Vari win %: 35%

According to him, the sliding shoot was working, but Basalt kept getting wall saves. Still kind of odd to see Vari get such low win rates.
Is it a mint Vari? That affects results crazily from experience.
That pretty much sums up the OP test results against Variares...
And no, it's not mint, unless he got a new Variares randomly...
Still worth noting that the combo in this thread did better against variares than MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS did, guys (though Demon did miscalculate the percentage).

I'd appreciate if everyone would stop being so conceited about attack results, though. Go look at some of the early results in the variares thread, perhaps (there are some spoilered in the first post that might be worth reading).