MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85D/WD *Update*

Samuel, I tried it when I got basalt, it scraped the floor a lot. Might work with the right parts, IDK now. Uncertain
(Apr. 09, 2011  3:01 AM)th!nk Wrote: Samuel, I tried it when I got basalt, it scraped the floor a lot. Might work with the right parts, IDK now. Uncertain
Isn't that quite off-topic?
Would you mind testing the Libra combo but with a WD or WB? I'd prefer WD cuz it has more stamina than WB and will still be able to beat stamina beys. I want to test though my stadium isn't legal for testing.
Not if it's only a quick reply to a question, though yes, I should have added more content to the post to stay on topic, however, as long as we don't derail the thread discussing it,

I did a few quick rounds with WD yesterday, I preferred D, I found WD caused more floor scrapes. You see, WD's strength is that it allows more wobbling, but on a bey this low to the ground (it's lower than anything else at this height, as earth doesn't overhang the track like libra), if there's wobbling, scraping happens pretty quick. SD is too low, or something, not totally sure, but it doesn't work. D seems to be the right balance. I might do tests on it later, but I've got a reasonably big list of things to test already that I want to get out of the way.
Hopefully my This vs Vulcan results should be up today, sorry for the delay, I've got personal stuff going on that's taking a lot out of me.

I definitely want to see this tested on PD, though, as that's a similar profile to D, but apparently should have better stamina.
(Apr. 09, 2011  3:35 AM)th!nk Wrote: Not if it's only a quick reply to a question, though yes, I should have added more content to the post to stay on topic, however, as long as we don't derail the thread discussing it,

I did a few quick rounds with WD yesterday, I preferred D, I found WD caused more floor scrapes. You see, WD's strength is that it allows more wobbling, but on a bey this low to the ground (it's lower than anything else at this height, as earth doesn't overhang the track like libra), if there's wobbling, scraping happens pretty quick. SD is too low, or something, not totally sure, but it doesn't work. D seems to be the right balance. I might do tests on it later, but I've got a reasonably big list of things to test already that I want to get out of the way.
Hopefully my This vs Vulcan results should be up today, sorry for the delay, I've got personal stuff going on that's taking a lot out of me.

I definitely want to see this tested on PD, though, as that's a similar profile to D, but apparently should have better stamina.
I totally understand. Smile Me too, I was expecting WD not to do too well and PD was the last on my list. SD is too small and too low to have any grip. So overall, if PD doesn't do well, maybe WB will be the answer?
I would consider CS to be a more likely option than WB, given wb has a bit of a wobbling issue. Of course, it'd need to be the second mold of CS (any one that isn't from a Ray Unicorno STARTER), obviously, for stamina.
Hell kerobecs BD145 WD
Earth Aquario 145WD
Have you try this?
Have anyone considered DS? For more stamina and 'steal' some defense ability of D?
DS is kinda terrible. I could be wrong, but it seems to have really poor stamina. It's like D but not as good, from what I understand.
DS also wears down very quickly. I got my Hell Kerbecs a few days ago and spun it often uncustomized, and the S part of the tip is already rounded and slightly flat on an angle (it's like a very very shallow angled and small Q).
From my experience, DS has more stamina than WD. Maybe this is wrong.
Anyway, weight adds recoil. I'm sure for that. Shall we try MF-L for Libra?
(Apr. 09, 2011  3:59 PM)cangjieuser Wrote: From my experience, DS has more stamina than WD. Maybe this is wrong.

If you do solo spin tests, DS will probably win. In the Attack Stadium, it has been proven that WD is better. The reason that we use MF-H for Defense is to maximize the weight and decrease the chance for knockouts.
Could this combo be tested vs Destabilizes? I think that might be the most effective counter measure in this case. Maybe like Flame Cancer 100(or lower if possible)SD? I think the attack+stamina might be enough to take this combo down.
(Apr. 09, 2011  4:01 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2011  3:59 PM)cangjieuser Wrote: From my experience, DS has more stamina than WD. Maybe this is wrong.

If you do solo spin tests, DS will probably win. In the Attack Stadium, it has been proven that WD is better. The reason that we use MF-H for Defense is to maximize the weight and decrease the chance for knockouts.

Yea, I proofed 'DS has more stamina than WD' in the TT Attack Stadium with Burn Pisces 100DS.

That is definitely wrong, at least in battles. IDK about solo spin, but there's a reason no one uses DS. And weight REDUCES recoil, Jesus, that's basic physics.

Also, MF-F is the lightest Metal Face Remodeling variant, and the lightest face.

Themailman, any 230 Stamina Combo (or basalt @230, too), Hell Kerbecs BD145WD/CS combos still do well against it. A number of attack combos can still KO it, too. It's a matter of being able to beat other defense combos as well, it's extremely hard to cover everything from 230 to 85, especially with BD145 in the middle.
In my experience, DS wins in battles. Try MF-L Earth__ 100DS VS Basalt__ 145WD.

No, recoil is not reduced when weight is added. Compared to a lighter object, beyblade in this case, a heavier one is harder to move, that's basic physics. However, in the beyblade case, beys which are different shaped are spinning, creating more recoil than regular objects. Since the weight added made it harder to move, it stores more potential energy than a lighter one as they hit longer in time, eventually causing more recoil.
(Apr. 09, 2011  4:38 PM)cangjieuser Wrote: In my experience, DS wins in battles. Try MF-L Earth__ 100DS VS Basalt__ 145WD.

No, recoil is not reduced when weight is added. Compared to a lighter object, beyblade in this case, a heavier one is harder to move, that's basic physics. However, in the beyblade case, beys which are different shaped are spinning, creating more recoil than regular objects. Since the weight added made it harder to move, it stores more potential energy than a lighter one as they hit longer in time, eventually causing more recoil.

What? Earth destabilizes Basalt. Obviously it will win. Switch the Bottoms. I'm sure you'll be suprised. Earth creates almost no recoil... Basalt also doesn't create much.
Basalt does create recoil, and Basalt would hammer Earth and disrupt its spin in others ways too so who knows how that match up would play out?
Dude, we add weight to reduce the amount a bey is affected by the collision. Greater weight requires greater force to move. That movement is what we call recoil. Sure, you may have more weight in the collision, but as tge force which comes from the launch is always constant (well, roughly), and f=mv, velocity must decrease for the increased mass. I can't really explain the whole shebang as I don't have enough of an understanding of the physics, but yeah, adding weight makes a bey harder to move on colliding with another bey, that should fire logically.
OK. Stop arguing about the endless 'weight and recoil' issue. Here's some tests of the argument of DS and WD.

Beylauncher with Launcher Grip and Grip Rubber
TT Attack Stadium
DS slightly worn
WD in 90% mint condition
DS combos are always launched first
100% power for both

Basalt Leone 145DS VS MF-L Earth PegasisII 100WD

Basalt winning percentage: 100% (all by OS)

Unsurprisingly, Basalt destabilizes Earth constantly, and outspins it.

Basalt Leone 145WD VS MF-L Earth PegasisII 100DS

Basalt winning percentage: 100% (all by OS)

Again, Basalt did the same thing to Earth, but Basalt is much more wobbly at the end of the battle.

Conclusion: DS is a better stamina choice of stamina than WD
Please recreate that test using two nearly identical beyblades. Like Earth Bull 100DS and Earth Bull 100WD.
Anything will do since it is just a bottom test.
No dude. If basalt was on the lower height, Basalt would win...

If they're at the same height, with the same wheel, and same clear wheel, then you can properly test the bottom.

Read the topic, "the state of the customization forum"... All of it.
OK. I'm not posting the result of re-test since I proofed that I'm wrong. Thank you. Please continue on the Libra test.
From my testing, adding WB to this combo is based on your opinion. WB adds more defense ability to MF-H Libra 85, but it sacrifices stamina. MF-H Libra 85WB will not beat a low stamina combo.
For example-
MF-H Libra 85WB vs Earth Cancer 100WD
MF-H Libra 85WB lost every match because it always lost by out spin. But low stamina vs MF-H Libra 85D is a different story.
MF-H Libra 85D vs Earth Cancer 100WD
MF-H Libra 85D won 9 out of ten times because it had the stamina to survive.
MF-H Libra 85D has a better win percentage over all vs all types. Were MF-H Libra 85WB has increased defense power, but less stamina capabilities. This rule applies to MF-H Libra 8RS too, but has horrible stamina power. CS might be a good option for this combo, but I have a bad mold of CS, from the starter ray unicorno.
(Apr. 10, 2011  3:38 AM)cangjieuser Wrote: OK. Stop arguing about the endless 'weight and recoil' issue.

It's not an ISSUE, and it's not ENDLESS. Adding weight (in the form of MF-H) to a combo WILL reduce recoil. This is a simple fact understood by everyone who isn't you.