MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF

Fake tests (Click to View)

Tests from Tri

Testing from Coach
YES! Bakushin finally gets noticed! Thanks for the tests GB Wink

WDIT: just noticed this was my 2,100 post! Tongue_out
It was more of a collaborative effort of everyone talking about it in the Bakushin thread, haha, I could hardly take credit for it, I just checked a bunch of stuff others had posted, really, maybe put some different suggestions together but probably not even that.

Some notes, though I don't have testing to show this I've used this a load lately.

Against Right Spin, it's good to launch less than full-strength, only to the point that you don't go within say an Inch of the tornado ridge. This becomes less of an issue as the RSF wears down (which doesn't seem to increase scraping by all that much, for reasons presumably related to increased stability from larger contact area with the stadium floor).

Against Left Spin, and this goes for any defense combo: Weak Launch. It seems like people have forgotten this is a thing, but it is a huge aspect of proper defensive play (which includes using spin stealers against defense types, in fact it's the entire reason spin stealers are so much better than regular stamina, and it's also part of why RDF is banned - because it's much safer to weak launch with than other defense tips). Yes, the opponent can use a tornado stall instead, but at the same time you could use a full strength launch and outspin them. Lightning worries less about this than most attack types due to it's various properties but it still reduces its winrates noticeably. Here's the BeyWiki article: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Weak_Shooting (though personally speaking, I wouldn't expect 85% against attack with weak launched defense, fwiw).

I'll explain part choice while I'm here too, because I'm in a writing mood.

MF-H: For maximum bulk.
Leone: It's very low recoil and carries on Bakushin's slope better than anything else (at least as far as anyone has spoken up about, and I looked at every CW I own (almost all of them) in the process and none were better suited).
Bakushin: Bakushin is low to the ground and most importantly, its sloped design means it deflects blows from taller attackers. Its flat design also means there's nothing for opponents to land hits on aside from the clear wheel, unlike Earth which has trouble with its slopes.
90: 85 scrapes, 90 doesn't scrape, and is still extremely difficult to get under.
RSF: RSF is the best defense tip in the format, though if RB is unbanned that should definitely be looked at. RF could be used, but its stamina is problematic, especially for weaklaunching. A very worn RSF doesn't increase scraping issues by much if at all, so no real worries there either.

In terms of countering it, CH120 attack types generally do a bit better as per usual, Pegasis, Screw and Gravity being the main things I've tried (and Quetz for making 85 scrape), but nowhere near like what they do to earth. The main offensive answers to this are LTAC - MF-H Gravity Perseus (ATK) 85RF seems to handle it with relative ease, and anything with good side-on smash will do so as well. Notably Lightning does not do so great against it, as Lightning works best when it can get under things and even on 85, it struggles to do that here, and it also suffers from being weak launched against. Other than that, obviously it can be outspun by a tonne of things, but all of them are susceptible to attack.
It's the best standard defense combo I've tried, anyway, though personally MF-H Libra CH120RF would be my attack counter for tournament use, as it seems to do a solid job (rf v rf is so hard to test) and is much more versatile than this, haha.

Also, just a little ramble, but I really like Bakushin, it's a bit lighter than earth, lighter than most defense wheels, and it looks a little too aggressive, but it's one of those wheels that has a particular property that works so well when used correctly, in this case the sloped sides. This combo is a great example of the complexity of Beyblade, IMO.
Haha, yeah. I was gonna test against Libra, but I don't have one. I will be doing CH120 testing soon. Also... I think it would be good if I pasted what you said to the OP. It would make it easy for people to see.
Eh, I doubt LibraRF would be able to do anything to this even with its aggressive underside (I'll give it a shot tomorrow if I remember, but I can't do full testing as I am trying to conserve tip wear), and comparing their stamina in LTDC would be... difficult, given how fast RSF's wear (which would be faster on libra due to its weight).

That's fine, but if you give me a minute I'll tidy it up a little for you, I'll edit it into this post when done.

EDIT: Here you go, just copypaste the contents of the code box straight into the OP, each section will be spoilered.

Code:
[spoiler=[u][b]Launch Technique:[/b][/u]]
[b]Against Right Spin Attack:[/b] As usual for RSF, don't launch at full strength, you want to limit your movement to stay about an inch from the tornado ridge at all times. This means opponents have to hit you further to knock you out, which requires significantly more force due to RSF's grip. Don't launch too weak or you'll just be thrown around however. A rough estimate of strength would be 85-90%, a strong but not over-exerted launch, but it's best to base it off RSF's movement.

[b]Against Left Spin Attack:[/b] As for any right-spin defense combo, [b]Weak Launch![/b] It seems to have been forgotten, but this is a huge aspect of defensive play and applies to any matchup where you're trying to avoid being KO'd by something in opposite spin (i.e. it also applies to Spin Stealers and is a major aspect of their superiority over standard stamina customs – also note it generally doesn't apply to Attack vs Attack as the recoil of both beys means the only realistic aim is to knock the opponent out). The opponent could predict this and tornado stall instead, but you can also predict that and launch at full strength and outspin them, too. The Beywiki Article is [url=http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Weak_Shooting]HERE[/url], though 85% with Stamina vs Attack is a bit extreme.

[b]Against Everything Else:[/b] Full strength, aiming to either outspin or KO them depending on whether or not you can do the former.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=[u][b]Part Choice:[/b][/u]]
[b]MF-H:[/b] Standard on defense for maximum weight.
[b]Leone:[/b] Leone is very low recoil (extremely important is it is the main point of contact for taller opponents) and carries on Bakushin's slope better than any other Clear Wheel. It also has decent Stamina.
[b]Bakushin:[/b] While slightly lighter than Earth, Bakushin's angled sides means it partially deflects attacks, its overhang makes it difficult to get underneath, and its flat top means taller opponents make contact with the lower-recoil Clear Wheel instead of Metal (unlike Earth's problematic slopes). Bakushin was practically made for this combination.
[b]90:[/b] The lowest track that doesn't have serious scraping issues (85 scrapes if hit by opponents with decent force smash).
[b]RSF:[/b] The best Defense tip in Limited. RF is also a decent choice but usually does more harm than good due to aggression and poor stamina. If RB is unbanned, it will likely be a very good choice.
[/spoiler]

As for the opening sentence/who it was made by, I'd say:
Code:
This combo was the result of many members working together in the [url=http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-Bakushin-discussion]Bakushin Discussion Thread[/url].
Yeah I know. I was just gonna test to see how it'd do. Yeah, it'd be great if you could test Just take all the time you need. I'll remove that other one for now, haah.
Test request against MF-L Forbidden Cancer 85 RF please!

Great work on this combo, hope to see it place in the future.
Yeah, I'll try that. Though, I have a feeling Bakushin could hold up on this on, haha.
Once I get back home, I can to some tests, requests guys?
I'd be great if you could test against more other attack types. Maybe Kajikato's combo as well?
Off the top of my head, try it against:

MF-L Forbidden Cancer 85 RF Grin
Here's a list of combos to test against, courtesy of th!nk and I:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...pid1178225
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...pid1178230
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...pid1178493

Try LTAC Variants as well, as this will be attempted to be countered by LTAC.

Tornado Stallers or Metal/Plastic tip combos, notablly CF, MF, FB, Meteo, etc. raises a light as well.
(Dec. 29, 2013  1:46 PM)Kujikato Wrote: Off the top of my head, try it against:

MF-L Forbidden Cancer 85 RF Grin
Honestly even from your results forbidden seems pretty outclassed, I'd rather tester's time be spent on things that are actually worthwhile, and you seem to be suggesting this literally every time anyone asks what they should test against.

Quote:Try LTAC Variants as well, as this will be attempted to be countered by LTAC.
People will try to counter it with LTAC and quickly realise "oh no tall tracks are a thing so I can't use anything lower than CH120 or I get stomped oops". Low track attack does better than most things against LTDC as you'd expect, though Lightning did pretty poorly when I tried it against this as it couldn't get under it and weak launch wrecked its power pretty hard, so while a couple of tests on that would be good, more practical setups like CH120 are more important at the moment.

Quote:Tornado Stallers or Metal/Plastic tip combos, notablly CF, MF, FB, Meteo, etc. raises a light as well.
Why would you even bother testing that when the result is obvious? This is RSF we're talking about, not CS, it has awful stamina, you ain't outspinning anything but rubber unless you're doing something to wear them down which will absolutely require contact to happen.
The only thing actually worth bothering with in terms of stamina matchups is seeing if RF can outspin it through either spin steal (which is pretty unlikely in my experience but most of what I did was with earth) or tornado stalling, which is probably only going to be even remotely possible with the couple of attack wheels that can use TH170 (Cosmic and MAYBE Gravity), and maybe how it fares against other defense types and maybe if the height matchup lets it do anything to gb145cs or whatever.

This isn't the golden age of testing where we had all the testers we could ever want any more, Kujikato, we can't afford to have them wasting their time with frivolous suggestions when there are things that actually matter still to be tested - which will be the case for a very long time.

As for things that would actually be worth testing:

CH120 Attack - Pegasis, Gravity, Beat, Quetzalcoatl or whatever really.
145-height Crystal Up Zero G Wheel Attack - would be interesting to see how these do, whether the metal on the underside will do much to it. Experiment with tracks and see what does best IMO (R145 adds weight and H145 might add more aggression but both could be getting in the way (but then so could GB145)).
Tests against MF-H Earth GB145CS if you don't mind the RSF wear, to see if it can outspin it.
And maybe some tests against tall track attack in either direction to see if that could outspin it, probably with Gravity TH170 (220 mode probably).
May be worth seeing if RSF (and if not, RB) can KO anything of note on this (basically just stamina as everything else has grip or can just weak launch against you in the case of spin stealers).
If you get time, LTAC tests against it would not go astray either.

Oh, and of course MF-H Libra CH120RF, though I'll get to that myself today or tomorrow.
I've been using this as my base defense test with trying to develop LTD attack combos. The more I test the more I love this combo, or maybe my other combos just aren't that good because this has been an immovable force unless attacked low or with bull horns, but I see you even used H145 on Beat and it didn't work. Still working on another legit attack bey to beat this.
This bey is definite top tier defender for LTD
Can someone do tests with Samurai Wyvang (Crystal Up) GB145 R2F? Tongue_out
I can defenetly do tests with that in a week, so MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF vs MSF-H Samurai Wyvang(Crystal Up)GB145R2F?
(Jan. 01, 2014  4:36 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: I can defenetly do tests with that in a week, so MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF vs MSF-H Samurai Wyvang(Crystal Up)GB145R2F?

Yeah, that'd be great, thanks! Grin

Its done pretty well against Defense in previous tests, so it'd be interesting to see how this would fare.
Its done well against others because we didn't really have great defense wheels back then. Now we got this it might be harder for it. R145 has nothing on this. Though I'm not sure about GB145. Bakushin holds up more then Earth Bull 85RSF. Seeing as it had problems on low tracks. Bakushin on 90 though seems to do better then Earth. So I wouldn't think any Atack combo could KO this.
MSF-H Samurai Wyvang (crystal mode up) GB145R2F vs. MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF
Wyvang: 7 wins (0 OS, 7 KO)
Bakushin: 13 wins (10 OS, 3 KO)
Bakushin Win %: 65%

GB145 didn't have as much problem as the R145 did with this combo but it still wasn't the greatest. Wyvang needed to hit it up out of the middle then hit it again to KO it otherwise there were recoil issues. One of Bakushins KO's actually put Wyvang up over a wall. Yet like I said if Wyvang hit it where it needed to it could send Bakushin 5 feet away from the stadium.[/b]
I figured I'd take the liberty again to test this monster!

Gravity in right spin
MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF vs. MF-H Gravity Perseus D125R2F
Bakushin Leone: 12 wins (All OS)
Gravity Perseus: 8 wins (All KO)

Gravity in left spin
MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF vs. MF-H Gravity Perseus D125R2F
Bakushin Leone: 15 wins (All OS)
Gravity Perseus: 5 wins (All KO)
Bakushin Leone win percentage: 75%

Here's some I'm gonna post in the Samurai Wyvang thread:

Samurai Wyvang GB145R2F vs. Bakushin Leone 85RSF
Samurai Wyvang: 9 wins (All KO)
Bakushin Leone: 11 wins (2 KO, 9 OS)
Samurai Wyvang win percentage: 45%

It's great! I've never had this much trouble against defense before.
Hey guys, if you could please give me the code to your posts. I'll be happy to put them in the OP.
Just click quote and when the text box to reply appears, copy that and paste that in the OP.
OK I've updated the OP with the tests. Thanks Tri, haha.