[Los Angeles CA, USA] Tournament Discussion

Well you can count me in I guess is it going to be in the same place?
Tournament Announcement!
Gathering interest...

5/24/14 , Saturday May 24th - 2014 "Swaying City"

Hey ya'll, Its our first ZeroG tournament. Standard in the ZeroG attack stadium. Lets get out sway on and try out this new dynamic!!

4116 W Burbank Blvd - Burbank, CA 91505 United States

Comment below to confirm your attendance! or PM me The Bishop with comments or concerns.

Attendance:
The Bishop
OwnageDerp
aurawolf
SageFist2201
1Cover
tanzam15
username2130
Synchromkid
poliswag

Possible Attendance:
Wow another tourny, I will be there, sign me up
Sorry won't be able to make this one after all. Didn't realize it was a Sunday. Sundays are always hard for me.
If I can get the day off on that day I will be able to go.

Question: is it the tourney Zero-G beys only or any of the Metal Fight Beys?
(Apr. 27, 2014  11:49 PM)username2130 Wrote: Sorry won't be able to make this one after all. Didn't realize it was a Sunday. Sundays are always hard for me.

Darn Uncertain

(Apr. 29, 2014  6:44 PM)HellKaiserZero Wrote: If I can get the day off on that day I will be able to go.

Question: is it the tourney Zero-G beys only or any of the Metal Fight Beys?

Its standard format all legal MFB can be used, the only difference is we will be playing in a ZeroG stadium
Have u got info on the prizes yet
most likely not, but i will inquire. so many bey tournys in a series of 3-4 days.
(Apr. 22, 2014  6:11 AM)The Bishop Wrote:
Tournament Announcement!
Gathering interest...

5/24/14 , Saturday May 24th - 2014 "Bey Day Sway"

CHANGE OF DATE ^^
Ownage is signed up. Drake will probably be in Canada.

if it was on Saturday I could probably have 5 for you.
(May. 08, 2014  11:39 PM)username2130 Wrote: Drake will probably be in Canada.

And taking on local (for the Canada crowd) celebrities like Kei.. Good luck Drake.

Would anyone be able to post a Craigslist ad, does anyone have the inevitably elusive WBO Promo Cards? When is the deadline?
(May. 08, 2014  11:43 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote:

And taking on local (for the Canada crowd) celebrities like Kei.. Good luck Drake.

Would anyone be able to post a Craigslist ad, does anyone have the inevitably elusive WBO Promo Cards? When is the deadline?
Eh, I remember Kai-V pointing out (to TheBlackDragon) that CraigsList wasn't the best site to advertise gatherings including minors.
Sorry if I misunderstood or something.
(May. 09, 2014  2:27 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(May. 08, 2014  11:43 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote:

Eh, I remember Kai-V pointing out (to TheBlackDragon) that CraigsList wasn't the best site to advertise gatherings including minors.
Sorry if I misunderstood or something.

I think it was the contrary actually : TheBlackDragon or someone else pointed it out, although not necessarily to me. But yes, apparently there are arguable things and people on Craigslist ...
I see that Craigslist is a non-interesting website for kids, but we have to bridge the Beyblade gap by bringing more kids and adults, aside the teenagers. It's a more sensible idea then what I was originally going to do: I was going to put a small ad on my local newspaper companies. (I was going to try to buy a small text box to put a message.)
(May. 08, 2014  11:39 PM)username2130 Wrote: Ownage is signed up. Drake will probably be in Canada.

if it was on Saturday I could probably have 5 for you.

Yea i could switch it to Saturday easy enough for me. Any objections?

Change of date,

Any objections? ...
(Apr. 21, 2014  2:15 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Is it a part of BeyDays?

I'm sorry to ask again, I want to know
If it happens during May 24th or May 25th 2014, it is automatically part of BeyDays.
You could confirm Cheesy, and "Swaying City" does fit, considering our uprising of earthquakes... Foreshadowing at its best.
If you confirm Saturday me and Synchromkid are in.
I'm down for the 24th or 25th. Count me in.
If it's on the 25th I have a higher chance of going.
It kinda looks like this will fall through... I do like that some members are making a comeback, is this tournament Standard Format in a ZG stadium?
(Apr. 22, 2014  6:11 AM)The Bishop Wrote:
Tournament Announcement!
Gathering interest...

Hey ya'll, Its our first ZeroG tournament. Standard in the ZeroG attack stadium. Lets get out sway on and try out this new dynamic!!

Comment below to confirm your attendance! or PM me The Bishop with comments or concerns.

Attendance:
The Bishop
OwnageDerp
aurawolf
SageFist2201
1Cover
tanzam15
username2130
Synchromkid
poliswag

Possible Attendance:

We have our 8 members who will attend, not to fall through. Very cool to see poliswag!!
I will put up the proposal thread shortly

Unfortunately,
I have recently fallen on some pretty serious financial issues.. I will not have the leisure budget i once did and will be unable to float (as usual) the $40 required to rent tables at Emerald Knights

If anyone wants to help (with money) in order to continue please please PM me ,
Otherwise i will have to charge a slight entry fee on top of the $5 (non passport) and passport holders would also have to pay

this Plus charge would depend on attendance.
(May. 14, 2014  9:15 PM)The Bishop Wrote: Unfortunately,
I have recently fallen on some pretty serious financial issues.. I will not have the leisure budget i once did and will be unable to float (as usual) the $40 required to rent tables at Emerald Knights

If anyone wants to help (with money) in order to continue please please PM me ,
Otherwise i will have to charge a slight entry fee on top of the $5 (non passport) and passport holders would also have to pay

this Plus charge would depend on attendance.

Do you have prizes you would need reimbursed ? If not, we can definitely use whatever you collect from the normal entry fee to get those tables. The only issue is that only three or four on your current list of confirmed participants have no Blader Passport, so if only those come, they would need to each buy a new Blader Passport and someone else donates ten dollars or something ...
(May. 14, 2014  9:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Do you have prizes you would need reimbursed ? If not, we can definitely use whatever you collect from the normal entry fee to get those tables. The only issue is that only three or four on your current list of confirmed participants have no Blader Passport, so if only those come, they would need to each buy a new Blader Passport and someone else donates ten dollars or something ...

I ordered some angle compasses for prizes a week or so ago but i don't believe they will arrive on time. To grab some prize beys from Toys R Us , i would need reimbursed.

Hopefully people are just happy to play or winners would be willing to wait for there prize.

Edit: Also the $40 spent to reserve tables is not lost! we are just required to get $40 in gift cards (i usually also give these away as prizes)