[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament

The idea is to help the Socal community by bringing it closer (team tournaments) and adding more depth (plastics and maybe one day HMS). And really, I can confirm that at least five of the regular attendees have multiple plastics in our collections and would like to use them in a tournament, so we really only need two or three members to agree. And we do have a decent amount of teenage members who might support this.
Hi, I just came back to the forum and I live near the area. I went to the MFB tournament "La Beystorm" like 5 years ago. If we really want to build a closer/bigger community, I think more burst tournaments will be helpful. I understand that we do have people that have plastic beyblades and would support a plastic tournament, but if our purpose is to build a closer/bigger community, then burst would be more appropriate. With the U.S release of beyblade burst coming around the corner, I think we will start to see more and more newer members here that are anxious to try out the burst beyblades.
I can see what you are getting at, but when we've talked with spectators during our events, a good number have asked about plastics. And we were looking into potentially doing one before Burst came out in the U.S. or even for HMS and Plastics Remembrance day not as a primary format of play.

While I'm at it, how do you guys feel about another Burst event on the 19th this month? We're trying to take advantage of Thanksgiving Break for more attendance.
19th sounds good to me. It's the beginning of the break so I don't think people will be that busy, unless they're going out of town with their family. Do we have enough time to plan it though? That's in about two weeks.
I'm good for the 19th as well. We need to get this kicked off right away because we don't have a lot of time left. So @[Prophet2] @[Faker] @[Sapphire] @[Lil racecar] @[meteo8] @[AwesomeAndrew] @[HuntingCheetahz] @[Sam404] @[JJXDY] please let us know. I'll email some of them as well.
the 19th is fine

Edit:if any has a Driger s layer,may you please bring it to the tournament. I want to check it out and do some informal testing with it
So I read all of your surveys from yesterday's and I wanted to know, what some of you meant by having more chairs and tables, if you mean to sit at and put your stuff on, those tables are first come, first serve, but if you mean to play on, that is somewhat unsafe and increases the chances of messing up your tips/drivers.

I also noticed an interest in Team Tournaments. The main reason why we can't do this is because there are only three full sized teams in California, Team Lupus(Which seems to be inactive) and Team ShellShock. There is Team lynx, which only consists of one member, but there needs to be at least three members to compete. If you guys want these kinds of tournaments to happen, we need you to either form or join teams with other members.

Also, we wanted to know who would be willing to participate in a Plastics tournament next month? If you don't have plastics in your collection, members of Team Shellshock (namely Jojo) are providing our plastics to lend out. We still need to come up with a specific date, but your opinion helps.
Alternatively, if there was one team that had six or more members, you could make two sub-teams even called "Team Orange County 1" and "Team Orange County 2", if you want.

I am really, really glad that the surveys are already being useful, this is awesome hah.
Well Team Shellshock has 4 members, and I mentioned the situation of the other two teams in my last post, so we really just need people making friends with each other at the tournaments and actually joining/forming teams.

Just Based on how December is laid out this year, the later weeks are the Eve's of major Holidays, so they are out of the question for most, and I believe that two judges will be unavailable for the 17th, so should we try the tenth or take another bye month?
Oh, you know, although we do wish that people establish strong ties and form real teams, the teams needed for Team Format can be totally made on the spot and the group is no more afterwards. Whoever is the captain, however, could not really join up with another captain later on, so the captain must be chosen almsot based on how unlikely it is that they would ever be part of someone else's team hah.

What I mean is that not too much thought should be put into the creation of teams, as they can be completely ephemeral.
Oh, that works then! We'll keep that in mind.

So guys for next month, since December is so chock full of holidays, we decided that it would be better to try and have the tournament in the middle of the week. But we are stuck between hosting it around the 19th through 21st or between the 27th and 29th. We need to know when you guys get out of school so we can get this show on the road.
(Nov. 27, 2016  2:57 AM)Achi-baba Wrote: Oh, that works then! We'll keep that in mind.

So guys for next month, since December is so chock full of holidays, we decided that it would be better to try and have the tournament in the middle of the week. But we are stuck between hosting it around the 19th through 21st or between the 27th and 29th. We need to know when you guys get out of school so we can get this show on the road.

i would assume that everyone will be out of school 1-2 weeks before christmas,but the 27th-29th would be a better date since then everyone can show of their new beyblade stuff or whatever.
So we are leaning more towards the 29th for this month's event, but without feedback, we can't start planning things yet. Again, if any of you are worried about not having any plastics, we will lend you some of our parts (and help you customize on your own??). And I've been holding on to these sweet mint beyblades to be prizes for this for a while. Can you guys let us know if you're interested ASAP, so we can finish the year off with something special?
just confirm me,WarsEnd,and Breakdown
We should get one more confirmed attendee before proposing the event, and the rules now state we will need eight bladers total to run this thing. We often get members who sign up at the tournament, which isn't typically an issue, but in this case we really need members to sign up prior to the event. Again, I urge anyone who is already confirmed to try gathering interest from people they know.

The event is currently scheduled for the 29th of this month.

Confirmed entrants:

-ThaKingTai
-Alta
-Achi-Baba
-RacingCheetahz
-Breakdown
-WarsEnd
How would you guys like to go back to Burst format next month? February 18th perhaps?
Yes please Smile I'm good for the 18th.
So at least the members of Team ShellShock are confirmed... Does anyone else plan on attending? we've gotta get the lead out soon!
@[RacingCheetahz] @[mesorangerxx] @[username2130] @[DragonicMeister] @[Sapphire] @[AverageJoe] @[top beyblader10] @[AwesomeAndrew] @[OwnageDerp] @[GreatgodzeusHD] @[Prophet2] @[Faker] @[Agent-312] @[IrlZeo] @[TheRealTyson123]
confirm me and my 2 brothers
Interested, but unsure if I can attend as of yet.
For all of the people who may not have seen it yet or are waiting for an e-mail update, the tournament thread is up: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Out-of-the-Odinsleep
Wow, that's the day of my birthday. But sadly I don't think that I will make it to the tournament, due to being busy and have other plans to do.
Yo everyone! Thanks to all that came out on Saturday. We are planning another tournament for March 18th at our normal location in Weller Court. Please confirm here if you can make it that day.
I'll be there on March 18.

Also, the full footage of the Out of the Odinsleep tournament is now up for viewing!

https://youtu.be/i5w79abUk1A
Jojo you are my favorite youtuber please attend to the star city assault 2017 Roanoke V.A