[Los Angeles, CA 07/16/16] We're Blading Off Again!

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: BLADINGOFF.png]
Thanks to Mitsu for the awesome banner!

Saturday, July 16th, 2016
Weller Court-Downtown Los Angeles
Priority-Burst (May end up being MFB Standard)

Free Play & Registration-11:00 AM | Brackets & Announcements-12:15 | Tournament-12:30 PM

Host and Judges:
ThaKingTai w/ co-hosts @[jojospud247],@[earthwolf1404] and @[Alta]

Directions:
Directions can be found right here When you get over to the knot, keep walking inside and look to your left. There are some tables and an asian supermarket as well.

Fees:
As always, it will be $5 for the single tournament or $15 for a Blader Passport, that allows you to go to tournaments free for an entire year! Plus, you can enter into exclusive giveaways for Passport Holders!

Format:
As stated above, this will hopefully be Burst format. If there is not enough Burst beys, then we will move over to MFB Standard. Be ready to do either or! It will either be Round Robin or Block Round Robin, in the event that we have more than 12 people.

Prizes:
-1st Place: First Pick of the Prize Pull +3 Credits & Gold Face*
-2nd Place: Second Pick of the Prize Pull +2 Credits & Silver Face*
-3rd Place: Third Pick of the Prize Pull +1 Credits & Bronze Face*
+ A Raffle for a Long Winder (for those who did not place)

*In the case that we have only seven participants, only the winner will recieve a single credit and a Gold Face

*This will not be processed in the Beypoint System, as it is LA's first Burst tournament. This allows us to feel out the Burst metagame, so we are better prepared for next time!

Notice for All:
While we Bladers are very respectful of each others' possessions, please watch over your stuff. This is not to say that anyone of us would steal or damage anything, but we are still in a public place with people that aren't in our group. So please, be careful!

All this and possibly even more! Makes sure to get there as early as possible and make time after the event too! This is not the event to want to miss! See you there!!

EDIT: 6/28/16
Thanks to JoJo, we have prizes! Come check them out right here!
ALSO:

Since this is more than likey gonna be Burst, I should post this:
Quote:Awakening Amaterios Prize Campaign

[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

Awaken the legendary Beyblade Amaterios Aero Assault – and claim it as your own!

Prove your strength as a Blader by winning the most consecutive battles in a WBO Burst-format tournament to win part of the Jewel of Amaterios. Collect 3 parts to summon the legendary Beyblade straight to your doorstep.

[Image: aIktlKm.png] [Image: sLpirSj.png] [Image: IwTF6cc.png]
Shard of Amaterios — Shell of Amaterios — Jewel of Amaterios
Check out more info on the Amaterios Awakening right here!
Confirmed:
jojospud247
ThaKingTai
Alta
earthwolf1404
RacingCheetahz
StormAngel
WarsEnd
Breakdown
AwesomeAndrew

Possible:
top blader10
Sapphire
OwnageDerp
GreatgodzeusHD
Tireni123

See you all soon!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 14, 2016  8:31 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2016  8:28 PM)top beyblader10 Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2016  8:21 PM)Hato Wrote: Sorry to intrude, but felt like I need to give a heads up to Sapphire and anybody else buying; do not buy Odin, as it is banned some WBO competitive play. Smile

I forgot why is it bad?

It's not 'bad' per say, but was banned because of how good it was, with good Defense and Stamina, it was very versatile.

Anyways, enough of me hijacking the thread. But before I leave; I like the banner, Alta Smile

Pretty much Odin's combo of a defense and stamina is somewhat overpowered. But still a pretty cool bey overall though. I just don't get why they made the bey expensive on Amazon. Uncertain
[/quote]
Yo! Only two more days until our first Burst tournament! I hope that you guys are ready for this. It doesn't seem that many people will be attending, which is unfortunate, but hopefully we are surprized! Please make sure to get there as soon as possible so that we can head to Anime Jungle before the tournament for those who don't have any Burst.

Also, bring tons of water or something to drink, or money to get something from the store next to us. We will be in the shade, but it is best to stay hydrated in these hot summer days! Bring snacks as well. It's possible that we are getting food for everyone, but we never know.

THIS IS NOT A TOURNAMENT THAT YOU WANT TO MISS!!!!!
With Beyblade Burst soon to be released in the US, the entire WBO will see new members coming in! That means more people attending tournaments, especially in LA where we have a huge population! This tournament IS NOT for points, but the next Burst tourney will be. Get in the practice now and get to see what the LA metagame is gonna look like before the influx of new people!

So, please, please let us know if you are coming. It gives us hosts a chance to prepare for everyone coming when it comes to doing the brackets, bringing stadiums, and especially if we buy food. We want to make sure that eveyone is taken care of and there is no delay.

See you all soon! If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. Any other announcements will be taken care of by the other hosts,@[Alta], @[earthwolf1404], and @[jojospud247].
Sorry for the double post, lol

Quote:Yo, LA Bladers! Just one more day until our first Beyblade Burst event! Hope you are as excited as I am! Hoping to see a lot of faces there, like we had at Big Trouble in Little Toyko.

Quick request! If anyone that is attending has a wireless speaker, please bring it! I think it would be great to play some music before and possibly during the tournament to get everyone ready and pumped up! Let me know if you are bringing one so that way not everyone brings one, lol.

Come as early as possible to nab those good parking spots and get some practice in! Also, stay a little bit after so we can see what day we can plan the next tournament.

See you guys tomorrow!!!
(Jul. 14, 2016  11:25 PM)ThaKingTai Wrote: Yo! Only two more days until our first Burst tournament! I hope that you guys are ready for this. It doesn't seem that many people will be attending, which is unfortunate, but hopefully we are surprized! Please make sure to get there as soon as possible so that we can head to Anime Jungle before the tournament for those who don't have any Burst.

Also, bring tons of water or something to drink, or money to get something from the store next to us. We will be in the shade, but it is best to stay hydrated in these hot summer days! Bring snacks as well. It's possible that we are getting food for everyone, but we never know.

With Beyblade Burst soon to be released in the US, the entire WBO will see new members coming in! That means more people attending tournaments, especially in LA where we have a huge population! This tournament IS NOT for points, but the next Burst tourney will be. Get in the practice now and get to see what the LA metagame is gonna look like before the influx of new people!

So, please, please let us know if you are coming. It gives us hosts a chance to prepare for everyone coming when it comes to doing the brackets, bringing stadiums, and especially if we buy food. We want to make sure that eveyone is taken care of and there is no delay.

See you all soon! If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. Any other announcements will be taken care of by the other hosts,@[Alta], @[earthwolf1404], and @[jojospud247].

Unfortunately, I cannot come. I am going to be sick this weekend (Cold) T^T. But I wish all of you (and the host & co-host) good luck! Smile
(Jul. 14, 2016  8:31 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2016  8:28 PM)top beyblader10 Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2016  8:21 PM)Hato Wrote: Sorry to intrude, but felt like I need to give a heads up to Sapphire and anybody else buying; do not buy Odin, as it is banned some WBO competitive play. Smile

I forgot why is it bad?

It's not 'bad' per say, but was banned because of how good it was, with good Defense and Stamina, it was very versatile.

Anyways, enough of me hijacking the thread. But before I leave; I like the banner, Alta Smile
lol my friend has a odin I NEEDS ONE

(Jul. 14, 2016  11:25 PM)ThaKingTai Wrote: Yo! Only two more days until our first Burst tournament! I hope that you guys are ready for this. It doesn't seem that many people will be attending, which is unfortunate, but hopefully we are surprized! Please make sure to get there as soon as possible so that we can head to Anime Jungle before the tournament for those who don't have any Burst.

just MaKing sure you know I AM GOINING
It's a shame, we'll be blading off in your name. This goes for everyone who was unable to come join us.

And a reminder. If you guys have Plastics or HMS Beyblades, please bring those too. I'll try to come out early, so feel free to practice with me.

And this is a preemptive apology for the potential double post in the morning: "Sorry for the double post."
It was AWESOME if you have not attended a LA tournament ATTEND ON, it was so cool and awesome, when I first saw kingtai jojo and alta I had this face ~_~ I was so star struck, I'd like to thank Kingtai for letting me use his launcher and even giving me one and hosting it, point is if you haven't been to one of these GO TO ONE NOOOOOW, there was a lotting things going on like nursting and DEATH BY ALTA. So stop being lazy and GO TO ONE!
We did not plan this but the top three are as such:

1st: ThaKingTai (Storm Spriggan)
2nd: Alta [Holy Horusood(traded for V2) + Long Winder]
3rd: earthwolf1404 [Victory Valkyrie(traded for H2)]

This was the most efficient tourneys that I've ever been to and we got done around 4pm IIRC. We plan to do another one in about a month, so keep checking the LA thread.
(Jul. 14, 2016  9:38 AM)Alta Wrote: I am planning a tournament for either the 23rd or the 24th for Plastics & HMS Remembrance Day.

If we can get enough people for it then we should be able to make it work, we have roughly 9 to 10 days to get at least 7 attendees. This is somewhat of a longshot because not a lot of people will have Plastics, but we should be able to provide extras for others to borrow, I know ThaKingTai and earthwolf1404 have Plastics blades, if they are willing to lend them to attendees who don't have any. Unfortunately most of my Plastics have breakage, I currently only have one full combination that is in good enough condition for an event, so I can't lend many parts.

Anyone who would like to attend a Plastics format event, confirm yourself in the main LA events topic.

[Image: 33d8d287cb78688125b81e967d8b9756.png]

Latepass, but this poster is awesome.
I'll post more on the tournament tomorrow, but for now, here's the spreadsheet for today's tournament: We're Blading Off Again! Spreadsheets and Results
Everything in the spreadsheet looks perfect, and it is great to see you guys gathering over twelve participants everytime. Do you get any participants from passersby?
Not exactly passersby, but more people who saw Jojo's video advertising the event. But we did get a lot of spectators and we told them about the site. I think it would help if we could get some Promo Cards ti pass around and leave at the stores.
Yo, thank you so much to everyone that attended! It means so much to me and the Los Angeles community that we had such a great turnout! We definitely were not expecting it, lol. Hope to see you guys at the next tournament!

Thanks to all of out host: Alta for helping judge and turning on his HotSpot when we needed it, JoJo for supplying prizes, recording and advertising the tournament, and earthwolf1404 for bringing cake and judging (and bad puns, lol). Also, thank you to AwesomeAndrew and his mom for bringing cake and also recording and RacingCheetahz and his family for bring the ice cream and taking those drinks off my hands, lol. And once again, thank you to all of the players for making it a fun experience and the parents for bringing them!

I'll post more on the entire tournament later, most likely in a tournament report thread in the Organizers' Forum.

BTW can everyone check all of their Burst combos please? I believe JoJo said she may be missing a combo that has Unite on it. Make sure you didn't take it. If so, please PM JoJo and let her know. Thanks.
It was great to see everyone again! Congrats on our first Burst format tournament. It went pretty smoothly. Beyblade Burst definitely has shorter battles which I think is why we ended earlier than before. Overall, I enjoyed it. Thanks to all the bladers and their parents for bringing food! So I'm going through the tournament footage today. The video will be done in a few days. It's a lot to go through.

I am missing a few Beyblade parts. So if you have them, please return them to me at the next tournament! For the most part, everyone was really good about returning borrowed Beyblades.
Missing
Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite
Accel driver
Spread Disc

Is anyone missing a Central disc and Survive driver? I have them but I don't think they belong to me. A lot of people were going through each other's Beyblade storage cases and they might have gotten mixed up with mine. Let me know and I can either give them back to you at the next tournament or mail them if you want them sooner.
Hey @[ThaKingTai], in your spreadsheet it said that @[jojospud247] "(Says that she did not have a Passport for the last tournament)". Which tournament was that? If she played in the previous event without a Passport or fee by mistake, shouldn't she have paid extra this time or purchased a Passport so that we could back date it for this event? Could either of you clarify?

EDIT: Also, this isn't a huge deal since it was LA's first Burst Format event and therefore does not count for BeyPoints, but in the future with 13 participants you should have actually conducted the tournament using two blocks instead of three (and in that case, you'd take two finalists from each of the two blocks). Generally, I would say that blocks in Block Round Robin events should not be smaller than five people at the very least.
(Jul. 30, 2016  7:59 PM)Kei Wrote: Hey @[ThaKingTai], in your spreadsheet it said that @[jojospud247] "(Says that she did not have a Passport for the last tournament)". Which tournament was that? If she played in the previous event without a Passport or fee by mistake, shouldn't she have paid extra this time or purchased a Passport so that we could back date it for this event? Could either of you clarify?

EDIT: Also, this isn't a huge deal since it was LA's first Burst Format event and therefore does not count for BeyPoints, but in the future with 13 participants you should have actually conducted the tournament using two blocks instead of three (and in that case, you'd take two finalists from each of the two blocks). Generally, I would say that blocks in Block Round Robin events should not be smaller than five people at the very least.

It was for the "Big Trouble in Little Tokyo" Tournament. I'm pretty sure I signed up for a passport a couple years ago. But I don't have the passport holder face anymore so I'm guessing it didn't resign me up for this year. So I paid an extra $5 for this tournament.