[Los Angeles, CA 07/16/16] We're Blading Off Again!

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: BLADINGOFF.png]
Thanks to Mitsu for the awesome banner!

Saturday, July 16th, 2016
Weller Court-Downtown Los Angeles
Priority-Burst (May end up being MFB Standard)

Free Play & Registration-11:00 AM | Brackets & Announcements-12:15 | Tournament-12:30 PM

Host and Judges:
ThaKingTai w/ co-hosts @[jojospud247],@[earthwolf1404] and @[Alta]

Directions:
Directions can be found right here When you get over to the knot, keep walking inside and look to your left. There are some tables and an asian supermarket as well.

Fees:
As always, it will be $5 for the single tournament or $15 for a Blader Passport, that allows you to go to tournaments free for an entire year! Plus, you can enter into exclusive giveaways for Passport Holders!

Format:
As stated above, this will hopefully be Burst format. If there is not enough Burst beys, then we will move over to MFB Standard. Be ready to do either or! It will either be Round Robin or Block Round Robin, in the event that we have more than 12 people.

Prizes:
-1st Place: First Pick of the Prize Pull +3 Credits & Gold Face*
-2nd Place: Second Pick of the Prize Pull +2 Credits & Silver Face*
-3rd Place: Third Pick of the Prize Pull +1 Credits & Bronze Face*
+ A Raffle for a Long Winder (for those who did not place)

*In the case that we have only seven participants, only the winner will recieve a single credit and a Gold Face

*This will not be processed in the Beypoint System, as it is LA's first Burst tournament. This allows us to feel out the Burst metagame, so we are better prepared for next time!

Notice for All:
While we Bladers are very respectful of each others' possessions, please watch over your stuff. This is not to say that anyone of us would steal or damage anything, but we are still in a public place with people that aren't in our group. So please, be careful!

All this and possibly even more! Makes sure to get there as early as possible and make time after the event too! This is not the event to want to miss! See you there!!

EDIT: 6/28/16
Thanks to JoJo, we have prizes! Come check them out right here!
ALSO:

Since this is more than likey gonna be Burst, I should post this:
Quote:Awakening Amaterios Prize Campaign

[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

Awaken the legendary Beyblade Amaterios Aero Assault – and claim it as your own!

Prove your strength as a Blader by winning the most consecutive battles in a WBO Burst-format tournament to win part of the Jewel of Amaterios. Collect 3 parts to summon the legendary Beyblade straight to your doorstep.

[Image: aIktlKm.png] [Image: sLpirSj.png] [Image: IwTF6cc.png]
Shard of Amaterios — Shell of Amaterios — Jewel of Amaterios
Check out more info on the Amaterios Awakening right here!
Confirmed:
jojospud247
ThaKingTai
Alta
earthwolf1404
RacingCheetahz
StormAngel
WarsEnd
Breakdown
AwesomeAndrew

Possible:
top blader10
Sapphire
OwnageDerp
GreatgodzeusHD
Tireni123

See you all soon!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

So glad that we got this up so quickly! Remember that if you don't have Burst Beyblades, Anime Jungle sells booster packs across the street. I am willing to take you guys there before and after the event if you are unfamiliar with the area.

Also to anyone who owns any Plastics or HMS beys, please bring those too. I have some combos that I want to test out, and based on how many of us there are, id like to plan out a Plastics tournament in the near future.
I will unfortunately not be making it to the tournament. Gotta work that day, but I promise to spend that days work money on Burst in your memories and in anticipation of future Burst tournaments, lol
Great to see this event happening! I have extra Burst Beys for everyone to borrow. I also have launchers and winders. I am going to create an inventory and a check-out list to keep track of everything. I let a few people borrow some of my parts in the last Little Tokyo tournament and they were returned back to me with no issues. I trust everyone will do the same Smile

In addition, I'm going to make another video to help attract more people to come out. I'm just waiting on a few more prizes to come in the mail so I can show them in the video.

[Image: 13529061_1060487394006467_25222846730588...e=5807C154]
@[Marsol123] I know lots of us wish you could be with us on that day, but I know your Beyspirit will be fueling us! Hope to see you at the next one!

Yo, @[jojospud247], that's so awesome! Thank you so much! Can't wait to see everyone there! Let me know if anyone here needs anything at all!
i can supply some burst beys as well.
I only have one Burst bey at the moment. Unhappy Ragnaruk... it seems underrated, does it not?
Hi,Im new to this WBO thing I just started to get back into beyblade due to stores not having them also these tournaments held for them.I do not have burst beyblades if I did I'd defintely go,especially if its in La but as I see in the comments you guys are providing beyblades to use for a temporary time and there is a shop that sells them so yea I'll be there at 4:00-5:00 maybe if everything goes good that day
(Jun. 24, 2016  4:21 AM)JJXDY Wrote: Hi,Im new to this WBO thing I just started to get back into beyblade due to stores not having them also these tournaments held for them.I do not have burst beyblades if I did I'd defintely go,especially if its in La but as I see in the comments you guys are providing beyblades to use for a temporary time and there is a shop that sells them so yea I'll be there at 4:00-5:00 maybe if everything goes good that day

if you want to be at the tournament you have to be there before 12:15 pm
if you need a beyblade you could head out to the anime jungle before the tournament and get one
It appears that it will definitely be Burst Format, given how many people we have who are able to provide spare Burst parts.
Ok I'll try thanks
(Jun. 24, 2016  10:05 AM)Alta Wrote: It appears that it will definitely be Burst Format, given how many people we have who are able to provide spare Burst parts.

im still bringing my MFB beys
I might show up, depending on my schedule.
Regarding the footage of the last tournament, I compiled the footage that I have, however, I don't know if Rowland has ever sent in any footage or uploaded it anywhere, considering I only really have half the footage. The recording near one of the final battles was also cut off for some reason.

It will be a lot easier when we have Jojo recording events, until I get a better tripod and we manage recording battles more efficiently.
I'll be recording this next one as well, as I now have a proper tripod for my phone. I'll see if I can get in contact with Rowland1999 on Facebook.

Also, an important announcement for anyone that wants to get some new Burst Beys before the tournament!
I'll be ordering some beys on Friday, so please PM me if you have anything that you want to buy. The stores that are here have a very limited stock and I know I like to be as up to date with new parts when I can! Please let me know before Friday! I want to have everything in order by then!
ThaKingTai, where do you buy the beys? Ebay or Amazon?
(Jun. 27, 2016  1:24 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: I'll be recording this next one as well, as I now have a proper tripod for my phone. I'll see if I can get in contact with Rowland1999 on Facebook.

Also, an important announcement for anyone that wants to get some new Burst Beys before the tournament!
I'll be ordering some beys on Friday, so please PM me if you have anything that you want to buy. The stores that are here have a very limited stock and I know I like to be as up to date with new parts when I can! Please let me know before Friday! I want to have everything in order by then!

I imagine Jojo will be recording the event for the official WBO video, unless you want to get extra footage.
It would be welcome, seeing as we would ideally have two or three battles going on at the same time.
PRIZES UPDATE:
I finally have all the prizes for the tournament! Please let me know if the prizes seem fair for the the placed winners. If not, it can be rearranged.

1st Place - B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie B.V.
2nd Place - B-35 Starter Storm Spriggan K.U.
3rd Place - B-44 Booster Holy Horusood U.C. + B-45 Light Launcher & Long Winder

Raffle Prize for non-placed participants
B-45 Light Launcher & Long Winder

Now that I have the prizes, I can make the tournament video to help bring in more people Smile

[Image: CmEiUoBUYAA9Jds.jpg:large]
Yo @[jojospud247], these prizes are awesome! I'm not even sure which order they should be in, so I'll ask @[Mitsu], @[Bey Brad] or @[Kei] to help us out!
I would move one of the Light Launcher sets to first place, if it was my tournament. If only because I think it's really useful.
But first-place has more chances of already owning one too, if they came that far hah.

Thank you for all the prizes, jojospud247, the whole community appreciates what you do even if it only directly benefits the Los Angeles community.
Awesome prizes! I like the Holy Horusood and the Long Winder combination, but I'd definitely let the top 3 choose what specific prizes they want. Personally, I know I'd like another Claw than I would a Victory Valkyrie.

Also, didn't forget about that tournament banner! Will work on it in a few! Smile
Just did an update because of new info! Thanks to Mitsu, JoJo, Bey Brad, and @[Kai-V]!
Great Job with the poster Mistu! And The prizes are wonderful Jojo, I'm really going to have to practice for this one. I'm going to make the Challonge Brackets this week, and send them to the other judges if it hasn't been already made, so keep an eye on your inbox guys. And make sure that you all understand the Amaterios Awakening rules. I can't wait!