London riots.

Everyone put on world news now!!!!!!!
Sorry it over
I feel so bad for you guys. I'm watching things about it right now on TV. I hope all of you come out safe.
So I am assuming this Mark Duggans guy was a gang leader or something??? And that is why there are riots?

...Why would the chinese be scared??? (so lost)

Quote:if any 1 here has seen the show fullmetal alchemist it seems to be like the ishvalin war where an amestrian officer shoots and kills and ishvalin boy and this starts an intire revolution

comparing a real life event like this to an anime is not really the best way to look at this.
Mark Duggan was a gang member of the Star gang who had links with other gangs in Tottenham. IIRC, they have nothing to do with the riots, all the rioting is being done by youths who just want excitement and free clothes from the high street shops. If those gangs really got involved, they'd be hitting the banks and the tills instead of running away with boxes of shoes.

Also the chinese are scared in case it continues till the olympics..
I get everything else BUT the chinese thing. why does this only effect the Chinese participating in the olymics. i have a feeling I am missing something signifigant.

Forgive me for sounding completely clueless everyone, but I am =(

The other thing i dont get is how riots just start because some kids wanted too. Isnt there a cause and effect? Never have I heard of such senselessness in thought.
(Aug. 09, 2011  10:53 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  9:55 PM)faissaloo Wrote: @LeonTempestXIII
the gangs found excuse to steal stuff, in other words a gap in security!!!

the gangs? i think someone said this already but when I think of London I dont think of "gangs"

Yes we have gang's but they are very stealthy so you do not normally hear about them.
There are gangs such as the one Mark Duggan belonged to, then there are other youths who just roll around in big groups thinking they're bad. They're the ones who are looting. Also guys, for all of those who are asking about the cause and etc, try reading my previous posts, I explained everything....
Today I saw tones of cops everywhere in the train station, on the trains, on the bus, on the streets and when I saw them it seems that there are all it groups of two...
I hope you guys all are OK.

News says Riot Police are calming it.
I must say, if a Margaret Thatcher/Winston Churchill figure was leading London's government, the freedom of the rioters would be very much different.

I'm all against the shooting at Mark Duggan (as we now know he did not retaliate by shooting) however everything is going way too far. As interviewed by the BBC, a chunk of the rioters had no idea who Mark Duggan was. How does this give any explanation to allowing looting/burning down of a 5 generation old family furniture business?

A whole 5 days later, is only plastic bullets allowed. Now can the police finally stop standing idle 20 meters away from rioters crashing through the windows of small businesses?

I am definitely not against the Police, I am empathise. They signed up to their job to fight for justice, yet they have to follow orders of standing by, acting as a wall and nothing else? Being peace keepers and not peace makers gets on my mind. Despite being a Tory follower, David Cameron has to find a better sense of justice in him.
Seems to me the world is getting abit crazy, both nature and people are at a breaking point, funny how it just seems all i hear about is something bad happening over seas, im waiting for something big to happen here.

Like said before i hope you guys turn out ok, the best thing for you all is just to stay safe and dont do anything rash or stupid.
Stay safe to everyone at London.I've heard Manchester's been affacted too.True?Coz I might have a vacation at Manchester.Some links of riots.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wor...uded-kids/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/c...udent.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/14466186
Kids my age making riots?Oh my god....I wonder what do they get from this stupid riot.Craziness?To all citizens of london,stay safe.And does anyone knows what happened to ToRmEnTeD?
Soon the army is gonna get into this. It seems to be running out of control. It seems weird how this just popped out of nowhere and there appears to be no reasoning behind the attacks but they are just doing it for the hell of it. I hope none of you guys over there are affected.
First the attacks in Olso and Utoya, now riots in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol and Manchester. What if people in Ireland go on a massive money robbing spree?
the cause of this (according to my parents) is that when Gordan Brown was there, he let all these poor guys from refugee countries, and then the job rate went down, and now people are that desperate to get some cash. Oh, and lets not forget the social breakdown thats happening right now...
text going round:
text Wrote:pls read this+pass on: WARNING! A group of armed thiefs targeting asian homes at any time of day. a white girl wearing a berqa knocks on the door and you open, a group of 3 or 4 black men rush in search of gold, cash and use violence. it happened nearly 10 times in birmingham and now spreading to other cities please be carful and do not open the door, please pass on to others

this is related to the riots cus it is trying to make the police tired cus they can't all be in a million(or more) places at once. Some kid got killed on monday.
The Football games in Birmingham, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol and Manchester should be postponed along with the games in London.
(Aug. 11, 2011  10:41 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: the cause of this (according to my parents) is that when Gordan Brown was there, he let all these poor guys from refugee countries, and then the job rate went down, and now people are that desperate to get some cash. Oh, and lets not forget the social breakdown thats happening right now...

Straying dangerously into political discussion here, which is completely against the rules. Don't make posts like these, they're just so inflammatory.
It's a huge relief that whilst there were riots in Manchester, at least it wasn't also happening in London. I couldn't imagine the strain it would put on the police force for two major riots happening simultaneously. It is fortunate there wasn't any London riots on the night Manchester peaked.

The riots have calmed quite a lot in London now.
You wouldn't believe how many police sirens I hard yesterday 3 every hour.
On monday, there we're ambulance and police sirens literally going every few minutes.
(Aug. 11, 2011  4:06 PM)Medz Wrote: On monday, there we're ambulance and police sirens literally going every few minutes.

Oh yea I saw that ambulance but what I saw my sainsburys, all foot locker and morrisons have smashed but HMV is empty!
As if there wasn't enough trouble in the world right now, wonder what is running through these peoples heads.
so basically i have heard that david cameron called a cobra meeting, and now hes told the police do you whatever you have to. now they are using water cannons and can use rubber bullets if necessary, there are also some places for people in danger to shelter, and any news from tormented?
I think Tormented fine I saw him on the site earlier and how did you fine out about this meeting.