[London, UK] Official Event Interest Thread

(Jan. 12, 2020  1:26 PM)UKblader Wrote: Hi Smile We live in Scotland but I would be willing to travel to London to allow my son the chance to enter a tournament he is a massive Beyblade fan so im trying to find something reasonably close to home. Does anyone know of when the next tournament will be?

(Feb. 24, 2020  3:35 PM)Lockexplosion Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  1:26 PM)UKblader Wrote: Hi Smile We live in Scotland but I would be willing to travel to London to allow my son the chance to enter a tournament he is a massive Beyblade fan so im trying to find something reasonably close to home. Does anyone know of when the next tournament will be?

I am also really up for getting something happening in London. Very little is getting organised because the only “official” organiser is so far and I’m wondering if a low key non official meet up could be arranged? My son has been disappointed so many times with cancelled tournaments we’d be really up for meeting anyone who’s willing to come to London for a Saturday!
Anyone else up for this?
Smile
(Feb. 24, 2020  3:35 PM)Lockexplosion Wrote:

I am also really up for getting something  happening in London. Very little is getting organised because the only “official” organiser is so far and I’m wondering if a low key non official meet up could be arranged? My son has been disappointed so many times with cancelled tournaments we’d be really up for meeting anyone who’s willing to come to London for a Saturday!
Anyone else up for this?
Smile

Us too, my son is 10 and is a big fan, we live in London- would love to get involved.
I’m going to propose and informal meet up to beyblade Sunday 29th March. 2pm, Regent’s Park Hub.
I am Not an “official” organiser so this is not a tournament but a meet up to battle and network Wink
My son who is 9 is the protagonist

Who’d be available?!
Hey, we would be! We are pretty close to Regents Park too! His brother who enjoys for a bit would be too, he is 7
Honestly, i really do want to battle others and people outside of my club and school. However i am too restricted by my GCSEs sadly. i do wish to try and become an organiser for this summer, that is after at least attending one tournament to get the feel of it. I beleive we would benefit from a few cloder organisers but Mana tries his ebst so i appreciate that. but probably duriong the upcoming easter holidays and during the summer halfterm and the weeks to follow i'll be at any event haha.
(Mar. 01, 2020  12:01 AM)bggb Wrote: Hey, we would be! We are pretty close to Regents Park too! His brother who enjoys for a bit would be too, he is 7

great!any chance we could bring this forward to the 15th?
Who’d like to meet this sunday for a bale blade meet up in Regent’s Park?
(Feb. 24, 2020  3:35 PM)Lockexplosion Wrote: My son has been disappointed so many times with cancelled tournaments

This hurts a little to read, haha. I don't believe I've ever cancelled a tournament. Delayed a few times due to weather, but never cancelled Unhappy

Just to give an update though; following last month's event, while I did mention a return to monthly tournaments (March isn't over yet!), COVID-19 is obviously a topical concern at the moment and there's a slight hesitation to bring many people together without official guidance. Social gatherings seem to be on the hitlist at the moment, and some of our events do end up with a large number of people gathering once you include participants, parents and spectators.

As this is an international issue as well, we've also discussed internally on how all Organizers and participants should approach this, and it was better that this was set in stone before committing to another London event. If the stars align, we'll aim for an event towards the end of the month. If not, hopefully everyone understands the concern and we'll get an event going as soon as it's feasible to do so.

Sorry for any disappointment caused!
(Mar. 12, 2020  5:03 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2020  3:35 PM)Lockexplosion Wrote: My son has been disappointed so many times with cancelled tournaments

This hurts a little to read, haha. I don't believe I've ever cancelled a tournament. Delayed a few times due to weather, but never cancelled Unhappy

Just to give an update though; following last month's event, while I did mention a return to monthly tournaments (March isn't over yet!), COVID-19 is obviously a topical concern at the moment and there's a slight hesitation to bring many people together without official guidance. Social gatherings seem to be on the hitlist at the moment, and some of our events do end up with a large number of people gathering once you include participants, parents and spectators.

As this is an international issue as well, we've also discussed internally on how all Organizers and participants should approach this, and it was better that this was set in stone before committing to another London event. If the stars align, we'll aim for an event towards the end of the month. If not, hopefully everyone understands the concern and we'll get an event going as soon as it's feasible to do so.

Sorry for any disappointment caused!

Makes a load of sense and I completely  agree I know many people would like to have a tournament  as people have discussed but currently  until we know the whole picture and how to deal with it to keep people safe  so a small tournament hiatus is probably  the best option
Looking for local players to meet up with and practice with
yes iam quite close

any bladers in Berkshire please reply
Cool just need a few more people from the area and can look at a meet up if some sort there is another thread near London which a few people said they where up for one
Use the London threads for areas geographically close to London.
looking for anyone in the Hampshire area where i would like to get to know my local community and attend any tournaments which are local.
Me too please I am 13 I am a huge fan
(May. 17, 2020  5:39 PM)H1510 Wrote: Cool just need a few more people from the area and can look at a meet up if some sort there is another thread near London which a few people said they where up for one

yes please

(May. 17, 2020  9:04 PM)H1510 Wrote: looking for anyone in the Hampshire area where i would like to get to know my local community and attend any tournaments  which are local.

yes me just need a time and place
So because of Quarantine, I think the latest time and day or Organization is June 15th I think. So any ideas on what should happen?
(Jun. 07, 2020  6:04 PM)HR20 Wrote: So because of Quarantine, I think the latest time and day or Organization is June 15th I think. So any ideas on what should happen?

I'm going to say it's probably not a good idea to make it happen especially  due to lockdown laws  there will more then likely not be a legal way to hold a tourment until restrictions are lifted
Yeah, lockdown rules still dictate that social gatherings shouldn't be happening. I wouldn't expect to see an event for a few months yet honestly and, even when we can, you can expect strict enforcement of masks, wipes etc for a little while after.

Lots to consider. But for the UK, it definitely isn't the time, haha.
Since when was this a thing!?!?
(Sep. 19, 2020  3:14 PM)Nova eye Wrote: Since when was this a thing!?!?

Many years i believe. Well currently i wouldn't expect anything to happen but yes it does exist.
New member here I am interested. I am not wearing a mask if we have an event during the pandemic for health reasons though if I attend an event london or anywhere else. Is it burst beys of either 2 brands usually or what by the way?
You can safely expect that we won't host for a while anyway; between lockdown now, the Rule of 6 between lockdowns, social distancing measures etc, I think it's safe to say events won't be back in action until March at the earliest at this point.

Depending on the situation when we're back, mask usage may or may not be required. But be aware that mask usage would be enforced unless you have a personal health reason qualifying you for exemption. Obviously don't want to ask a lot of details, but we are vigilant as an organisation to ensure the safety of all participants.

Yeah, brands are mixed in battle, but combos obviously need to feature all parts from one brand due to compatibility reasons. Otherwise yeah, you're welcome to stroll up and use a mixture of Hasbro or TT throughout the day.
Can't wait till we can finally have tournaments is it just London you host them or can they be hosted in Wales
Hi everyone. Just throwing myself back into the mix. A lot of newer members might not know me as I've not been very active for a while. Once restrictions are lifted I will be looking to get very involved once again.