[LTD] Omega Discussion :: Potentially Unbannable?

@L what mode was omega in BTW?

EDIT: Tri yeah, but omega is attack wheel (libra can be used for anti attack though.), so that's why I thought that.
It was in the mode Tri tested in.

Tri: Yeah, that's the good thing with other members testing; You can see how it varies. Then you can get a example of how good it is. I launched so hard with Omega. Same with Libra. TBH, I once luanched so hard I cut my thumb, haha. Well at least I tested. That's good right, haha.

Thanks for your tests Tri. I very much thank you for this thread.
(Jan. 07, 2014  8:57 PM)Leone19 Wrote: With these results, I'd be in favor of unbanning it, honestly. Its obviously not that great, considering Metal Fury combos can kill this thing, haha.

I'd still like to see if Kreis could still be unbanned, too, haha.

I have one coming, but Kreis is heavier than Libra even without a clear wheel so I really doubt it. Libra can be budged because it's shape is pretty bad, but even then it's still no easy task. Doubt anything heavier would work.
(Jan. 07, 2014  9:19 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2014  8:57 PM)Leone19 Wrote: With these results, I'd be in favor of unbanning it, honestly. Its obviously not that great, considering Metal Fury combos can kill this thing, haha.

I have one coming, but Kreis is heavier than Libra even without a clear wheel so I really doubt it. Libra can be budged because it's shape is pretty bad, but even then it's still no easy task. Doubt anything heavier would work.

Slightly off topic to Omega, sorry, but I will have my stadium tomorrow so I can do some Kreis tests. Tongue_out

Omega tests too, for that matter. Tongue_out
DON'T UNBAN KRIES!!!

I've done testing with that thing... the free-spinning PC frame completely wrecks all right-spin Attack. It's crazy heavy and really hard to land a solid hit on with the spinning thingamajig.

LOL, spell check didn't underline thingamajig. XD
I'm in with keeping Kries banned. I think most wheels like that needs to stay banned. From my testing with stuff, it does ruin Right Spin attack.

Though, we're really getting off-topic. We should move this somwhere else.
(Jan. 07, 2014  9:33 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2014  9:19 PM)th!nk Wrote:

Slightly off topic to Omega, sorry, but I will have my stadium tomorrow so I can do some Kreis tests. Tongue_out

Omega tests too, for that matter. Tongue_out

Focus on Omega if you could, given the general direction the february update is likely to take I'd rather see a new attack wheel introduced.

@TBD: Chill dude, we're just talking about testing it really. Even with Scythe's broken behind hopefully eating a ban soon enough, between R145 and RB I'm not convinced any stronger defense wheels are healthy for the format.
Any suggestions on what to test against or what new to try out with Omega?

I have a feeling I will be the only one testing this for a while, haha.
MF-H Omega Kerbecs R145RF perhaps (put the weight under the main contact points, focus more on its weight, try it against defense (MF-H Earth ___ GB145RSF) and maybe an opposing attack type on another 145 height track
unless you have two r145s, seeing as a left spin opponent would be best to get a better idea of its abilities but the main ones both use R145 (TR145 then SW145 are alternatives on gravity if you have em)? Dunno if Kerbecs gets in the way at all if so use something else but yeah.
Yep, I have another R145 (somewhere). I will test in a few days when I get back to my beys at my moms. From the few battles I did, Omega on R145 didn't make good hits. It has a LOT of recoil unfortuantely.

I think Kebecs definitely gets in the way. It nearly completely blocks the main contact points unfortunately :\. I used Uranus just because of its small diameter.

I hope " L " comes back since he has Omega to test as well.
Hm, would probably be better to use something with some attack ability that is 3-sided so you can put weight over stuff... Unicorno perhaps? Maybe put together a list of things you feel don't block the contact points for other testers, if you get time.
I honestly just kind of grabbed the first thing I saw lol.

I'll add a list soon.

EDIT: Added
Hm, UniII is fine but Kerbecs isn't? Well, test with UniII then, seeing as it's like the second heaviest CW out, I guess haha.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
I think the real question here is whether or not it would even be good enough to use for attack if it was taken off the list. I'd probably use it occasionally for fun, but in only one of these tests was Omega's win rate above 50%, regardless of the spin track or clear wheel used. Kind of disappointing, really.
(Jan. 08, 2014  2:06 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I think the real question here is whether or not it would even be good enough to use for attack if it was taken off the list. I'd probably use it occasionally for fun, but in only one of these tests was Omega's win rate above 50%, regardless of the spin track or clear wheel used. Kind of disappointing, really.

Uh no not really, "should this be banned or not" is pretty much the most important question any part can face for this format, even moreso if something is banned when it clearly won't.

You also have to take into account the benchmarks, what it's being used against, and the fact that if unbanned it'll be second only to Libra in terms of total weight.

@" L ": How did R145 get in the way against a 145-height opponent?
Earth would try to KO Omega. It couldn't really land hits due to when it hit Omega lost it's balance and It's R145 who caused scraping.

I'll post tests with GB145.
Hm, your RSF must be rather aggro then. FWIW, I include detailed results precisely for the sake of noting down when a wheel is doing stuff like that, as cramping from defenders affects almost all attack wheels the same way (a few that have a lot of rotational smash like say Bahamdia can sometimes just KO the defender but yeah). Still, never had R145 actually scrape from it before, haha. Oh well, will patiently await the GB145 results then, though even if it does get better, I'm still inclined to think R145 is going to be a better track for most situations...
You must be right. I might have a new RSF coming today, so I'll redo them. As for GB145, I agree R145 will be better (just looked again) even if GB145 gets a few more wins.
(Jan. 08, 2014  3:08 PM)th!nk Wrote: Uh no not really, "should this be banned or not" is pretty much the most important question any part can face for this format, even moreso if something is banned when it clearly won't.

You also have to take into account the benchmarks, what it's being used against, and the fact that if unbanned it'll be second only to Libra in terms of total weight.
True, true Tongue_out_wink It definitely needs more testing and benchmarks; I'll do some if I have time this week, for sure. I'm a little skeptical about the power of the actual wheel, but I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to most attack wheels, I guess lol.
(Jan. 08, 2014  8:28 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hm, UniII is fine but Kerbecs isn't? Well, test with UniII then, seeing as it's like the second heaviest CW out, I guess haha.

I actually don't have Unicorno II, I just thougt it was relatively the same shape as Unicorno I. I didn't even know it was that heavy! Haha!
It's significantly larger, much closer in size to Kerbecs than Unicorno. Cutaways are slightly larger than Kerbecs, but yeah.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Awesome, thanks for the tests everyone. If someone could give it a shot vs a same-height gravity RF combo in left, that's the final thing I'm concerned about with it (whether it'll be too strong as an anti-attack wheel, doubt it from what people have said about recoil but always good to be careful).
Earth Cancer GB145 RSF vs Gravity Perseus GB145 RF
Earth: 15/20 (all OS)
Gravity: 5/20 (all KO)
Gravity wins: 25%
...a little surprising.

Omega Dragonis GB145 RF vs Gravity Perseus GB145 RF
Omega: 9/20 (6 KO, 3 OS)
Gravity: 11/20 (3 KO, 8 OS)
Omega wins: 45%

...I'll admit, I totally underestimated the attack power of Omega in limited since I'd only used it against top tier stuff last year. Not bad, but not overpowered. I like it.