[LTD] MF-H L-Drago Guardian 85/CH120 LRF

MF-H L-Drago Guardian (attack mode) 85/CH145 LRF
metal fury version

LDG was one of my favorite wheels along with Flash & Diablo with the 4D beys. with the metal fury version being brought up, but for the most part passed over in the Limited Format discussion, I thought I'd check it out, but not just in a sole spin stealer role like most L-Dragos have been used for. Seeing Dark Knight being thrown on Wyvang, and Gravity's dominance so far. Thought another Left Spin attack. With the lack of truly dominating defensive beys/tips this might be good.

Guardian: 31.57 grams
TT core: 6.0 grams
Total weight: 37.57 grams

85: was looking for a way to keep the contact metal on metal, so went as low as possible.
ch145: Facing 230 tracks 85 was unable to reach while 145 height was. need more testing at 120 height. maybe replace the 85 track if it produces similar results.

LRF: Attack is it's first intent.

The Tests

85LRF VS. MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF
Guardian: 10 wins (6 OS, 4 KO)
Bakushin: 0 wins
Guardian win %: 100%
with the low track even on a LRF when LDG wasn't able to KO Bakushin it was able to equalize the spin so much that it stayed up while Bakushin tip over. remember it's equalizing as long as their is precision in the bey and it can stay stable from tipping, it can slow down the other bey and win.

85LRF VS. MF-H Earth Sag II R145RSF
Guardian: 10 wins (3 OS, 7 KO)
Earth: 0 wins

85LRF VS. MF-H Scythe (AA1) Cancer TH170RSF
Guardian: 10 wins (3 OS, 7 KO)
Scythe: 0 wins
was curious how it would handle this height, and it was able to reach it still.

85LRF VS. MF-H Earth Sag II 230RSF
Guardian: 2 wins (0 OS, 2 KO)
Earth 230: 8 wins (7 OS, 1 KO)
Guardian win %: 20%

CH145 VS. MF-H Earth Sag II 230RSF
Guardian: 14 wins (0 OS, 14 KO)
Earth 230: 6 wins (6 OS, 0 KO)
Guardian win %: 70 %
not like a normal attack, more of a destabilizer here. It kept knocking Earth out past the Tornado Ridge then just pushing it out. And when it wasn't able to do that it was still unable to steal enough spin from Earth, so no OS vs 230 for Guardian.

Shoot away, any testing help would be great.
Um.. Not bad, it seems to do not well on HTDC. Did you try HTSC, I'm sure it'd get destroyed, haha. NVM.

Could you test it against MF-H Libra GB145RSF if that's OK. I'll try get tests for this.

Awesome testing Coach!
Usually I'd have to ask for 20 tests on most of these but a) I know how busy you are and b) those results are extremely interesting and for a wheel we have no info on. So yeah, just saying this so no one else says anything Tongue_out

The spin equalising thing makes me a little concerned about what LDG could do on F230(G)CF, especially given its weight. I'd also LOVE to see how it handles bakushin when it's on CH120. That said I do think CH120 might struggle more against various things because a lot of LDG's smash is on its top from what I've seen. FWIW I never got much out of the original for attack, but defensively it had a huge advantage over LDD. Still, very interesting and thanks very much for the tests.
(Jan. 17, 2014  11:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: Usually I'd have to ask for 20 tests on most of these but a) I know how busy you are and b) those results are extremely interesting and for a wheel we have no info on. So yeah, just saying this so no one else says anything Tongue_out

The spin equalising thing makes me a little concerned about what LDG could do on F230(G)CF, especially given its weight. I'd also LOVE to see how it handles bakushin when it's on CH120.

Thanks very much for the tests.

with the results I was getting I didn't feel 10 more rounds were necessary when I was getting 100%. did 20 for the ch145 vs. 230 battle.

yep I agree on the spin stealing, and that's why I'd rather seec that combo be banned instead of any bey...
Woooooooohhh!!! LDG!!!

Yay! Grin Great results! As I don't own this (yet; might have to snag one now) I was wondering how it would do. Unfortunately, like th!nk said, this thing could wreck most of the format on F230CF/GCF if its behavior there is anything like it is on these setups (which may or may not be true, depending on whether or not the rubber underside increases/decreases recoil).

#BanCF/GCF!
Fair enough. Excited to see how others do with it and generally what results it puts up.

After seeing various results now people have started testing with F230, I'm starting to see a real basis for banning it (or at least F230(G)CF but generally complex bans are frowned upon), if you have the parts and time to do so, or heck if anyone does, tests with metal fury LDG F230(G)CF against stamina and attack would be extremely useful. Sorry that this is a bit off topic, haha.
Wow, these results are amazing! Tests against MF-H Libra 85RB/RF if you have the time Smile