Kreis Discussion.

Looking at the video I figured it wasn't going to be worthwhile.

Maybe beyblade is returning to certain parts excelling at certain things, in which case we should probably just start a new chapter on Beyblade >.>
Certain parts will excel because the people developing the beyblades don't pay attention to competitive fan base. We aren't the bumbling mass that buys up a bunch of useless beys, therefore we do not command a significant potion of the company's profit to make them pay attention.

So we get flashy, useless beys made to make people say "wow cool"
(Jan. 24, 2012  1:19 AM)Dan Wrote: It isn't completely free-spinning by any means: it merely 'slides' 60 degrees in either direction.

(My memory might not serve well on the specifics of it, but basically it just slides.)

Yup, the angle of movement by my measurement is about 75°. There are 4 small stops separated by 90°, but the core can't rotate the entire way because of the thickness of the stops.
That would explain the terrible stamina, since the aerodynamics wouldn't allow it to "flow" very well.
I could imagine the jamming which happens while the MW is sliding and hits the little knob the same time the opposing bey hits the whole bey. It sounds really minute but I'm certain it happens a lot with all those rotations MFB has. Probably devastating.
Give it an average of 5000 RPM. Take 15 away in a normal situation, per second. Kreis would be more like 30 per second.
(obviously these are not accurate, merely hypothetical)
Technically every single time the sliding portion makes contact with one of the stops it would cause a loss in spin, even from a Left-Spin beyblade. Any forward(read: proper directional) momentum caused by it is immediately wasted when the sliding part recoils back into position(and possibly even the other stop).

Extremely self-sabotaging design. Terrible.
This thing could've had so much potential if they had made slots for Attack mode that didn't interfere with the sliding gimmick to make it fully free-spinning.

This is very disheartening...It does decently though, despite the horrible design flaw.
You guys know that thing that has balls on it that hit each other and one stops, but the other one goes forward? I believe this is what Kreis is like, and that's what contributes to more spin loss.
A more advanced version of this post can be found in Hazels post above. XD
A Newton's Cradle? That's actually to show conservation of energy, which is the exact opposite of what you're trying to say.

But the recoil caused from the free-spinning part stopping is just heartbreaking. I was hoping for better.
If Kreis' stops functioned like a Newton's Cradle, this wheel would be borderline impossible to out-spin.

I'm actually happier it didn't turn out that crazy, but if it had at least been -as good as- Phantom and Duo, I'd have been much more content overall.
Haha, I never have been good at physics. Thank you for clarifying what I (thought) I was trying to say.
(Jan. 30, 2012  4:05 AM)Hazel Wrote: If Kreis' stops functioned like a Newton's Cradle, this wheel would be borderline impossible to out-spin.

I'm actually happier it didn't turn out that crazy, but if it had at least been -as good as- Phantom and Duo, I'd have been much more content overall.

That would have been my hope as well. At least one more 4D to go, so keep hope alive!
(Jan. 30, 2012  3:54 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: A Newton's Cradle? That's actually to show conservation of energy, which is the exact opposite of what you're trying to say.

But the recoil caused from the free-spinning part stopping is just heartbreaking. I was hoping for better.

Oh yes, the recoil caused is certainly SO bad. Unhappy
It suddenly comes to a halt, completely devastating it Stamina... If Beyblade was famous among elders too, I'd certainly use this example to explain inertia.
And in most videos which show a side view of Kreis, it seems to have a trapezium-like shape(?)
*wonders*Would that affect anything by any means?
Hey anyone tested this"Kreis____ 85RS" combo against top tier attack combo yet? If not yet, can someone test it out, pleaseSmile
I play Kreis in a combo:
Kreis Cancer 105WD - I tried to lower it and gibe something like WB/ B /EWD but it works for me best as WD.
I played it on some crappy ebay-fake stadium (seller say it's a factory outlet but meh) and on Hasbro ones (they are... even worse than worst...) but Kreis Cancer can withstand Phandom Orion 230WD / 145WD and the ratio is 14:6 for Kreis.
I think someone to actually test that in a proper stadium.

I doubt 105 can beat 230 under any circumstance, especially with Kreis.
My Kreis should be here in a little over a week, so any testing requests in the meantime?
A few LTDC tests, which I'll love to see now, as that seems to be one category in which Kreis can do well.
But, LTDCs as a category is itself outclassed. So, it won't be really worth the try. Still, if you have enough time, I'd like to see these. If you don't, then don't bother with these...
Would MF-H Kreis Aquario 85CS/RB be okay? Also, I'm assuming that Attack Mode is preferred?
Just trying to get a feel for what people want to see tested Tongue_out
As for the combo, yeah, that would be nice! Grin
As for the mode, I don't know. Tongue_out

And hey, remember, I am not insisting you to do these tests, as even though Kreis performs well, LTDCs itself are outclassed. So it might as well turn out to be a waste of time...
Kreis Cygnus 100WD(Attack) is workin fine for me. All you really need is more weight like a mf-h , and you should be good. If you dont get a strong launch though, your DONE. I mean, you gotssssss to PULL that sucka. MS actually works too, but I wouldn't recommend it. It gives great smash as well, but I wont get into that.

(Info based on endless testing. Really sorry, but i cant remember what combos i used. Took days to find a steady combo. Again really sorry guys.)
(Feb. 13, 2012  12:35 AM)xXBlueHoodXx Wrote: Kreis Cygnus 100WD(Attack) is workin fine for me.

I seem to do good with Attack Mode Kreis Ketos AD145WD. It last's the longer of the two modes and, despite being more exposed below, It can handle most attack types.

A problem I found out at Valen-Beys Day with Kreis Aquario 100WD is that Kreis is NOT completely circular, but a little oval shaped. This causes unbalance and unstable spinning for me in any mode.
Post testing/do more testing to corroborate your baseless claims.
"I can't remember" isn't a valid excuse. Don't post something without being able to back it up.

DefStamina: Post tests if you can!
(Feb. 13, 2012  12:53 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2012  12:35 AM)xXBlueHoodXx Wrote: Kreis Cygnus 100WD(Attack) is workin fine for me.

I seem to do good with Attack Mode Kreis Ketos AD145WD. It last's the longer of the two modes and, despite being more exposed below, It can handle most attack types.

A problem I found out at Valen-Beys Day with Kreis Aquario 100WD is that Kreis is NOT completely circular, but a little oval shaped. This causes unbalance and unstable spinning for me in any mode.

If WD is handling attack types, your opponents should hand in their RF's...